Immunology for Endometriosis?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 2and2is4

2and2is4
  • 8 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:23 AM

I'm 32 and have stage 4 Endo with bilateral cysts on the ovaries. Never had surgery. I've done IVF resulting in 7 embryos (3 resulted in BFN, and 1 a chemical). I've done ERA prior to the last failed FET. I've been on Visanne 3 months prior to a failed FET to suppress the Endo (which did shrink my cysts), I've been on Lupron for 3-4 months prior to the FET that resulted in a chemical. I've also had 2 natural miscarriages (1 at 10 weeks and 1 at 4 weeks). I've heard of the theory of Endo being an autoimmune disease, and wonder if I have high NK cells that may attack my embryos? My current clinic doesn't really support immunology testing and has just put me back on Lupron again for 3-4 months before the next transfer. I feel like I'm trying the same thing that already didn't work - am I wasting my embryos? Should I try to find a place that supports immunology? Any other recommendations?

#2 DrMichaelHartman

DrMichaelHartman
  • Physician
  • 325 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio Fertility

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:06 PM

I agree with your clinic. There is not sufficient evidence out there to suggest endometriosis is an immunological disorder.

• mouse likes this