No heartbeat at 6.5 week ultrasound Subchorionic Hemorr - PG after IVF - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

No heartbeat at 6.5 week ultrasound Subchorionic Hemorr

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 sabby1017

sabby1017
  • Just Hatched
  • 10 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:12 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and looking for some support. I am a 39 year old female with history of recurrent loss. 2 chemical pregnancies and 1 missed miscarriage at 10 weeks (baby measuring 6.5 weeks). Genetically tested the tissue and it was a normal female. All naturally conceived. We underwent IVF and have 5 PGS tested normal embryos frozen. My husband and I have had every test under the sun and everything came back negative with the exception that I was found to have an acute endometritis and was subsequently treated with an antibiotic and the infection was cleared. We did a frozen embryo transfer and I am currently 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant. My first HCG 10 days past transfer was 369 second a week later was 7800 and third a week after that was 35,800. My estrogen and progesterone levels are also strong. Today at our 6.5 week ultrasound a gestational sac, yolk sac, and fetal pole measuring 6 weeks and 4 days were observed. The CRL was 7.3mm. There was no fetal heartbeat detected. I also have been diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage and have been placed on bedrest. We go back in one week for another scan. I'm looking for feedback or experience from people who have had this happen. What is the likelihood of a positive outcome and if we can be hopeful to hear a heartbeat next week? 

#2 babybabydust

babybabydust
  • 36 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:26 PM

Everything sounds promising. I personally know stories where heart rate was not detected until follow up ultrasounds. You are not out yet.
  • sabby1017 likes this

Me:40  DH: 42

PCOS, one blocked tube.

Currently in IVF cycle

#3 babybabydust

babybabydust
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:27 PM

Everything sounds promising. I personally know stories where heart rate was not detected until follow up ultrasounds. You are not out yet.
  • sabby1017 likes this

PCOS, one blocked tube.

Currently in IVF cycle

#4 Graceland

Graceland
  • Global 100+
  • 599 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Hannam (now)

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:24 PM

*Success mentioned*

Im crossing all of my fingers and toes for you. I had a huge bleed at 6w0d, and subsequently went to the ER and had my first ultrasound. The ultrasound technician saw two gestational sacs with a yolk sac in each (so twins!), but no fetal poles and no cardiac activity. One of the gestational sacs measured 5w5d and the other measured 6w6d. Wed transferred two day 5 blastocysts, so I was sure of my dates and it seemed weird how differently they measured. The ultrasound technician shocked me by saying she thought I was miscarrying as she would have expected to see fetal poles/heartbeats by 6w0d. The radiologist who interpreted the ultrasound report disagreed and said it was perfectly normal not to see a heartbeat yet. I went for a repeat ultrasound 6 days later at 6w6d... the longest 6 days of my life! Im very happy to say that we saw two heartbeats. My twin daughters are now 18 months old. :)
  • sabby1017 likes this

Twin girls born December 2017 after 7 years of TTC

See 'About Me' for full details

#5 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, volleyball, yoga, watching TV
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:42 AM

I agree with everyone, it still looks promising. We barely detected a heartbeat at that stage, she couldn't even measure the rate, and I had a small SCH. I think it can sometimes be hard to detect the HB that early, so it doesn't have to mean anything.
I will be 17 weeks tomorrow.

• sabby1017 likes this

me: 34 DH: 35 TTC since: Sep 2015

Jan 2018- Lap for Endo, and septum removal surgery

Mar-Aug 2018- 3 failed IUIs

Nov 2018- IVF...got my very first ever positive. 

Dec 19 2018- confirmed loss. at 5 weeks. cry.gif

Feb. 2019- preparing for first FET. Let's do this!

March 13, 2019- Transfer date for FET #1

March 18, 2019- turned 34 and got a squinter 5dp5dt.

March 22, 2019- Positive Beta! 

April 8, 2019- 1st ultrasound. all good except a small SCH.

#6 sabby1017

sabby1017
  • Just Hatched
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:36 PM

Thank you everyone! I'm home on bedrest and of course it's impossible to think about anything else. My nausea has also completely disappeared. I was so sick up until Monday and the last few days it's been gone. My progesterone and estrogen levels are still good (they were checked a couple days ago) but my HCG hasn't been checked for 6 days (it was high the last time it was checked). I'm so anxious. 

#7 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 484 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:20 AM

Just to repeat what I said in your other thread - I've been told symptoms can come and go, without meaning anything, especially at an early stage. I can understand why you're anxious, and it's hard when you don't have anything else to do but be still and worry! But I hope you're hanging in there. Halfway to that next appt! 

• sabby1017 likes this

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

DE transfer Nov 2020 - BFP

More about my journey in my profile

#8 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:34 AM

*success mentioned*

I recently had an experience much like graceland mentioned. Big bleed at 6.5 weeks. Went for an ultrasound at 7 weeks and the radiologist did it abdominally. Told me I had a large clot and a sac that was only measuring 6 weeks and no heartbeat. Basically said I was miscarrying but asked if I wanted to see an OB.

Was sent over to an actual OB who did a transvaginal ultrasound. Found two sacs, two heartbeats and a lot of blood. Took it easy (no exercise and a lot of napping) for the next two weeks. All the blood slowly came out (black and brown). 9 week it had cleared up but the OB had them measuring behind. One by almost a week. She wasn't concerned for some reason. Next ultrasound both were actually now measuring ahead. 

I am still early and only 11 weeks but have realised from this that the ultrasounds can vary a ton by week/day and technician. Also, my symptoms have at times disappeared and my breast soreness has yet to return much from being super acute the first 3 weeks. I am hoping it was just too early for your scan. Fingers crossed for your next one. 

• sabby1017 likes this

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.

#9 sabby1017

sabby1017
  • Just Hatched
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:04 PM

Thank you everyone. Yes my symptoms have definitely come and gone and come back. I know there is no way for me to have an answer until we go for our scan on Tuesday. I live in the states and my fertility doctor does all of her scans herself so our last one was done by her where there wasn't a heartbeat detected (and it was transvaginal). I'm really trying to stay positive that Tuesday we will hear the heartbeat and that the clots (I have three different ones) will have shrunk. This process is so difficult and when you've had losses it's very hard to not prepare yourself for that. Thank you all for your stories and messages of hope. They are really really helping!!!

#10 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 484 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:05 AM

Thinking of you today!

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

DE transfer Nov 2020 - BFP

More about my journey in my profile

#11 babybabydust

babybabydust
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:16 AM

How did things go? Thinking of you.

PCOS, one blocked tube.

Currently in IVF cycle

#12 sabby1017

sabby1017
  • Just Hatched
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 06:45 PM

Hi everyone, Sadly I had a D&C today. On Tuesday the heartbeat was so so slow. Like maybe 50 and the baby was measuring a week behind. We are sending the tissue off to a doctor at Yale who will determine if the loss was due to the fetus or due to me. It was a PGS tested embryo so my RE suspects a heart or brain defect. At this point this is my 4th pregnancy and 4th loss. I am moving towards surrogacy. We live in the US and it is 150k to use one through an agency. I'm going to explore doing it in Canada where you guys really have things together when it comes to healthcare and really everything! Would welcome any support or feedback. Thanks so much for all of the support. 

#13 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, volleyball, yoga, watching TV
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:27 PM

I am so sorry. Was really rooting for you.
Hopefully surrogacy is the magic ticket for you.
I dont know much about surrogacy in Canada, I have heard other countries are also good options, like Czech Republic and Greece but again havent looked into them myself. Its crazy how expensive it is.
  • sabby1017 likes this

me: 34 DH: 35 TTC since: Sep 2015

Jan 2018- Lap for Endo, and septum removal surgery

Mar-Aug 2018- 3 failed IUIs

Nov 2018- IVF...got my very first ever positive. 

Dec 19 2018- confirmed loss. at 5 weeks. cry.gif

Feb. 2019- preparing for first FET. Let's do this!

March 13, 2019- Transfer date for FET #1

March 18, 2019- turned 34 and got a squinter 5dp5dt.

March 22, 2019- Positive Beta! 

April 8, 2019- 1st ultrasound. all good except a small SCH.

#14 Maeve88Troy

Maeve88Troy
  • 16 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:48 AM

Hi everyone, Sadly I had a D&C today. On Tuesday the heartbeat was so so slow. Like maybe 50 and the baby was measuring a week behind. We are sending the tissue off to a doctor at Yale who will determine if the loss was due to the fetus or due to me. It was a PGS tested embryo so my RE suspects a heart or brain defect. At this point this is my 4th pregnancy and 4th loss. I am moving towards surrogacy. We live in the US and it is 150k to use one through an agency. I'm going to explore doing it in Canada where you guys really have things together when it comes to healthcare and really everything! Would welcome any support or feedback. Thanks so much for all of the support. 

Hello sabby so sorry to hear of your loss.  Your last post is around four months ago now and I am just wondering how you are getting along?  What was the result of the tissue sample?