Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:40 PM

Thank you YeanaSK!!

#127 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 31 December 2019 - 06:19 AM

Amazing updates Queen and Prairie!!!!!! So happy for you both.

Sorry I went MIA. It has been a haze. C section went well and Nora was born 6lbs 8oz at and Edward was born at 6lbs 11oz at 36+2. Fantastic size for 36 weeks and OB was very happy. As much as I didn't want a c section it went well and really felt like our day. OB made it very family friendly. Doula came and took photos and video. Helped with breastfeeding afterwards. I actually have vidoe of each baby being born which was great as you can't see much when you're on the table. 

A couple of glitches post delivery (raging headache and blurry vision for me for 24 hours) and then Edward had a tongue tie that all nurses and lactation consultant said to get fixed. Male surgeon agreed it was there but wanted us to wait. Get home and he really can't latch. Have to run around on the 24th to find someone to fix it asap. Then he was fussy for days as it healed. We are only just getting him latching now. Nora has been a champ with feeding from the get go. But cup feeding Edward is a logistical nightmare. Have a had a few very rough nights that coincided with the baby blues hitting. Much better now but still generally exhausted. C section healing is good but have to be super careful not to use my abs or to lift things. 

We are still in awe that they're here and feel so lucky after all we went through to conceive. 

Had their two week weigh in today and they are each 100g off their birth weight still but paediatrician was not concerned.

Sorry for the major delay. Have not had my laptop out much at all. I am pumping after each feed and have enough for the two of them so feel lucky about that. Already started a freezer stash as we can't get through it all. 

Hope both of you are healing well and babies are growing well. Need to read your posts a bit more carefully as I skimmed everything super fast.

• CrisBelieve, returnable, Daisy.Eriksen and 1 other like this

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.

#128 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3283 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:33 AM

Just thread crashing here to give you a big congratulations Schlepp! I am so super happy for you.

• schlepp likes this

#129 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:02 PM

Huges congrats ladies!! You all did really well !!
Hubby 43

Trying to conceive : 2 years
IUI : 4 failed
IVF#1 : 19 folical, 19 retrieved, 11 fertilized with ICIS
FET#1, #2 : FAILED 😭😭
FET#3 : our Son, Alexander was born November 2015 🎉🎉🎉🎂😍💖

Sibling project is started ^^ 😊😊😊
FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
12w NT SCAN showed 10mm Cystic hygroma(didnt get the result until 15w ;-( ;-( )
NIPT low risk all 3 Trisomy 13, 18, 21
17w1d : Diagonsed with 11m cystic hygroma +hydrops
17w2d : Disgnosed with Hypo plastic right heart syndrome
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

TTC our rainbow baby girl (if possible)
FET#5 : transfered perfect 6AA fully hatched
10dp5dt : 428 Progesterone 60
12dp5dt : 709 (not quite double) progesterone 50
14dp5dt: 1457 Progesterone 49
19dp5dt: 6158 Progesterone ?
7w u/s gestrational sac measure 6w2d no fetal pole or heart beat
10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

Continue our sibling Progect. We will bring home our rainbow this time!!

#130 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:10 PM

Awesome news for both of you! Glad to hear everything is going well. I have (had?) a crazy milk supply too and started to freeze but we are going to have to dip into the frozen stock tonight. Not sure if theyve already hit a growth spurt at 3 weeks or if my supply has decreased today or what but I dont seem to be getting full bottles like I was with pumping over the past few weeks. Hopefully a temporary problem!

I am so happy both of you had healthy safe deliveries. It has been wonderful to be on this journey with you!

#131 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:53 AM

Awesome news for both of you! Glad to hear everything is going well. I have (had?) a crazy milk supply too and started to freeze but we are going to have to dip into the frozen stock tonight. Not sure if theyve already hit a growth spurt at 3 weeks or if my supply has decreased today or what but I dont seem to be getting full bottles like I was with pumping over the past few weeks. Hopefully a temporary problem!

I am so happy both of you had healthy safe deliveries. It has been wonderful to be on this journey with you!

How much do you pump each session? I feel like mine are stuck at each taking 60-70ml per feed and feed 7-8 times a day. If they were full term I think they're supposed to be having more than that by now. I get another 50-70ml from pumping after they both feed. Sometimes less. If they have short feed or only Nora feeds I get 100ml. So I have an extra 300-360ml pumped each day over usually 6-7 pumping sessions but Edward takes one formula cup feed of 60 mls usually. 

Glad your supply is good! I feel like that is such a stress with twins and I hear a lot about it from my other twin mum friends. 

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.

#132 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 02 January 2020 - 08:32 PM

Typically, I get around 150 ml after feeding them a bit first. They dont take a full feed from me yet though, although Tessa sometimes gets her fill. Usually they need a bottle to top them up after. Yesterday I was getting wayyyy less than normal. Not sure what was going on there, seems to be increasing again today, although I still get way less from my left side. I have a weird left nipple that is hard for newborns to latch. Using a nipple shield for now but until they get a bit better at feeding they wont be able to nurse properly from that side. I just need to be more diligent at pumping as my supply was so abundant I was going the whole night without pumping at all and still getting like 200+ ml in the mornings. Sometimes longer stretches in the day too...cant afford to do that anymore!

My daughter is in love with her siblings. She keeps kissing their toes or helping me give them a bottle. The first few days of pumping when they were still in hospital elicited hilarious reactions from her. Mom, its dripping!!!!...until I explained to her thats how pumps work, the milk drips into the bottle. 😂 Her mind seemed to be blown by the whole babies milk coming from Mommys boobies thing...lol

#133 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3283 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:23 AM

How much do you pump each session? I feel like mine are stuck at each taking 60-70ml per feed and feed 7-8 times a day. If they were full term I think they're supposed to be having more than that by now. I get another 50-70ml from pumping after they both feed. Sometimes less. If they have short feed or only Nora feeds I get 100ml. So I have an extra 300-360ml pumped each day over usually 6-7 pumping sessions but Edward takes one formula cup feed of 60 mls usually. 

Glad your supply is good! I feel like that is such a stress with twins and I hear a lot about it from my other twin mum friends. 

As a mom of a preemie and so unfortunately obsessed with how much he was eating for a very long time, at the newborn stage the bare minimum for food is 100 mL/kg/day to keep them hydrated. Anything more than that is a bonus according to our follow up clinic. At the breastfeeding clinic their targets were a bit all over the place but I think 120-200 mL/kg/day.