132 replies to this topic

#101 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 11 November 2019 - 12:23 PM

Hi ladies. Sorry I havent really stopped by these day. I havent been feeling that well. Im 6w1d today and nausea is kicking my butt hard ;-( im trying to survive day by day With a 4 year old and a 20w puppy, and being pregnant. i cant imagine carrying twin with you ladies. I think I would end up in the hospital from dehydration 😂 hope all is well. Thank you for still thinking about me.
Hubby 43

Trying to conceive : 2 years
IUI : 4 failed
IVF#1 : 19 folical, 19 retrieved, 11 fertilized with ICIS
FET#1, #2 : FAILED 😭😭
FET#3 : our Son, Alexander was born November 2015 🎉🎉🎉🎂😍💖

Sibling project is started ^^ 😊😊😊
FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
12w NT SCAN showed 10mm Cystic hygroma(didnt get the result until 15w ;-( ;-( )
NIPT low risk all 3 Trisomy 13, 18, 21
17w1d : Diagonsed with 11m cystic hygroma +hydrops
17w2d : Disgnosed with Hypo plastic right heart syndrome
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

TTC our rainbow baby girl (if possible)
FET#5 : transfered perfect 6AA fully hatched
10dp5dt : 428 Progesterone 60
12dp5dt : 709 (not quite double) progesterone 50
14dp5dt: 1457 Progesterone 49
19dp5dt: 6158 Progesterone ?
7w u/s gestrational sac measure 6w2d no fetal pole or heart beat
10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

Continue our sibling Progect. We will bring home our rainbow this time!!

#102 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:53 PM

Oh Schlepp that sucks! Im hoping both of mine stay head down at this point but who knows. I am basically expecting anything to happen in labour whether that means vaginal birth with no meds for either delivery like my first (no meds was NOT on purpose) or an emergency c section for the second baby, or a planned section for both. Time will tell and based on my experiences with infertility and pregnancy so far, I have come to expect the unexpected.

My OB considers anything over 140/90 to be elevated for pregnancy for me. Obv still elevated, but acceptable. Its been in the 150s every night this week so I think I will try to just go in tomorrow to quickly see her. 🤞🏻

Got a LOT of baby prep done this weekend. But man I would love if I could find our infant bath towels...😖
  • schlepp likes this

#103 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:39 PM

So there is a little baby in my baby this time ladies. What a big milestone today!! He or she is right on tract at 7w3d with a heart beat of 148 ;-)
  • elephantshoes, schlepp and elation like this
Hubby 43

Trying to conceive : 2 years
IUI : 4 failed
IVF#1 : 19 folical, 19 retrieved, 11 fertilized with ICIS
FET#1, #2 : FAILED 😭😭
FET#3 : our Son, Alexander was born November 2015 🎉🎉🎉🎂😍💖

Sibling project is started ^^ 😊😊😊
FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
12w NT SCAN showed 10mm Cystic hygroma(didnt get the result until 15w ;-( ;-( )
NIPT low risk all 3 Trisomy 13, 18, 21
17w1d : Diagonsed with 11m cystic hygroma +hydrops
17w2d : Disgnosed with Hypo plastic right heart syndrome
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

TTC our rainbow baby girl (if possible)
FET#5 : transfered perfect 6AA fully hatched
10dp5dt : 428 Progesterone 60
12dp5dt : 709 (not quite double) progesterone 50
14dp5dt: 1457 Progesterone 49
19dp5dt: 6158 Progesterone ?
7w u/s gestrational sac measure 6w2d no fetal pole or heart beat
10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

Continue our sibling Progect. We will bring home our rainbow this time!!

#104 Queen17

Queen17
  • Global 100+
  • 232 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Regional fertility clinic Calgary

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:52 PM

Thats awesome Canadamommy!!

I passed my GD test but my blood pressure is slowly rising at each appt- always has to be something lol. My dr is going to be Monitoring me weekly now from the sounds of it. With weekly NSTs starting at 32 weeks. Im 30 weeks 5 days today. Had an ultrasound this morning. Baby A is still head down 3lbs 10oz and B is also still head down 3lbs 8oz. I am off work now, today was my first official day off. Im taking sick leave and then short term disability through work until babies are born and then Ill start my mat leave! Cant believe January is so close! Especially with Christmas in there time will go so fast! And I am thinking if my bp continues to rise I will probably just be induced at 36 weeks.

#105 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 05:59 AM

Thats awesome Canadamommy!!

I passed my GD test but my blood pressure is slowly rising at each appt- always has to be something lol. My dr is going to be Monitoring me weekly now from the sounds of it. With weekly NSTs starting at 32 weeks. Im 30 weeks 5 days today. Had an ultrasound this morning. Baby A is still head down 3lbs 10oz and B is also still head down 3lbs 8oz. I am off work now, today was my first official day off. Im taking sick leave and then short term disability through work until babies are born and then Ill start my mat leave! Cant believe January is so close! Especially with Christmas in there time will go so fast! And I am thinking if my bp continues to rise I will probably just be induced at 36 weeks.

I also started mat leave! I wish I had listened to other twin mums and left at 32 weeks. The last two weeks have been brutal. I am sleeping so poorly and then after being up in the middle of the night, I am so stressed about getting back to sleep so I can be up at 615 to go to work. Today was day 1 and I got way more sleep. Even went to prenatal pilates. Feeling much more positive and relaxed. 

Sorry to hear about your BP Queen17. Mine has been so up and down. So I got a machine to test at home as one night I wasn't feeling well and wasn't sure if it was BP or not.

Both babies are still transverse. :( My OB said yesterday to prepare for a c section. We talked it through a bit. I am very disappointed. After all I've been through to get pregnant, I was hoping for one thing to work out the way I had actually envisioned/wanted. I'm literally the person that would have wanted a med free delivery at a birth centre. This is so far from it. I know healthy babies is the goal but I need to let myself grieve yet another disappointment and medicalization of a process I thought my body could do on its own. Also feeling like a failure as my mum never had a c section with 6 kids, my sisters have had kids and never had c sections. No one in my family has had them. It feels like I did something wrong. At 26 weeks they were both head down. Ugh. My OB says as long as I don't go into labor/water breaks, we will aim for just past 37 weeks. Which means I'll be in the hospital for xmas. 

I've got extreme leg swelling and managed to gain 9lbs in two weeks. Hope most of that is water. I'm at 33+4 and they didn't do a growth scan yesterday. Haven't had done since 29 weeks when we could only measure B who was at 3lbs 10 oz. I go back next week and OB said she would do one then.

I've just started packing a hospital bag and washing baby clothes. Finishing work has given me the energy to nest a bit. 

Congrats Canadamommy!

Hope everyone else is doing well. 

• returnable likes this

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.

#106 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 07:45 PM

Canada - awesome news. So happy for you!

Queen - dealing with bp is awful. I know EXACTLY how you feel on that front. Glad youre off work now as it was the best thing to sort of try and regulate my bp with my daughter and it was still wild.

Schlepp - I am sorry that it sounds like you wont get Th e birth you envisioned. I know this isnt going to help, but I think the best thing you can do to improve your mindset is to do what you said: the goal is healthy babies. So many women who do ivf never get to carry their baby this far, or at all. As much as we would love to have a certain birth experience, the most important thing is to trust your doctors that they are doing the best thing for you and your babies to all get you to the other side of birth happy and healthy. I have tried to go into both my pregnancies with no expectations whatsoever and it has really helped me to not be disappointed as I dont have the best laid plans to screw up. That being said, it is completely normal to be disappointed and to grieve the little losses despite that we have carried pregnancies we never thought we would. I totally get that you feel robbed and nothing will change that. But there is NOTHING wrong with a c-section. You didnt do anything wrong. Your body didnt do anything wrong. You just have uncooperative babies in there 😁 Try to remind yourself of how amazing you are for making it this far and that the end result is you are going to have two amazing miracles to snuggle at the finish line. How you cross the finish line does not matter AT ALL. You will still be a mommy and that is an amazing thing.

I am also hoping for a natural childbirth (as in vaginal) but hoping for an epidural this time😬 My daughter came so fast that there was no time to turn on the line. But I am also aware of the risks of twin births too. My brother and sister are twins and my brother had a very traumatic birth. If I make it to Tuesdays ultrasound without going into spontaneous labour (been having BH contractions off and on for two days now), I am going to make a decision on whether to request a section or not based on their size and position. Although my brother is VERY lucky, he does have cerebral palsy from being deprived of oxygen for too long at birth and it definitely affects his mindset even if it affects little else. It has made his life hard. And if choosing a section means a faster and safer birth for my babies, I will choose it and not think twice. Its a more difficult recovery for sure, but a small price to pay for the optimal healthy birth if theyre too big to birth without exhaustion or in dangerous positions for pushing.

My sister is a neonatal nurse and also told me that often the first twin is head down and can be born naturally but then once they vacate, the second twin has all this room suddenly and decides to change position...which is fine if they turn to head down, or to feet down breech, but if they turn sideways, its an emergency section. So even when moms plan to push, sometimes the babies get in the way of those plans.

Sorry for the long post. I just hope that you stop feeling guilt, even if disappointment is unavoidable. There is no reason to feel like you did something wrong or that youre lesser than just because a c-section was required, whether planned for in advance, or something that happens at the last minute.

Me: 32 weeks and done work tomorrow (thank gawddddddd...I can barely walk these days!!) oh also, Schlepp, I gained tonnnnnnsssss if water weight at the very end of my first pregnancy. Make sure theyre monitoring you for preeclampsia (Im sure they are) because I had it bad. The difference from last pregnancy to this one is night and day in terms of edema. I had to stay in hospital for a few days as well to make sure my bp stabilized. I am SO looking forward to hearing about both your births, Queen and Schlepp!!!

#107 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:03 PM

Thanks prariechild. I am just letting myself have all the feelings on this at the moment. My therapist recommended I give myself space to feel all the disappointment, anger etc. even if I logically know it is the best for all and there is nothing I could do to change the situation. It was the same with infertility treatments. The whole 'be positive' mantra started to grate on me. I'm big on letting myself feel the frustration. I will get over it but I can definitely be disappointed. 

There is about a 4% risk that if you deliver twins vaginally the second twin will be a c section. My OB is super experienced in twin births and if A is head down and everyone is healthy, she moves ahead. But apparently you have two nurses who brace your belly immediately following the birth of A, to make sure B doesn't do anything crazy. I'm a twin myself and was twin A, delivered head first and then my sister was pulled out by her feet. My OB has a lot of experience reaching in and moving twin B into position.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother's birth injury. That would definitely make me think twice about things if I had that experience in my family. I've really only got great stories of vaginal deliveries that went really well from my mom and all of my friends with twins. That said, I'm in a group of twin moms in my city all delivering between Oct and Dec. Seems like 50% are having c sections. Although mostly because they had a c section with their first child, not because baby A isn't in position. 

I take my BP at home daily and they check my urine for protein at every visit (along with taking my BP there as well). My appointments are now a week apart. I think after 36 weeks they might be twice a week?! 

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

Changed clinics

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

#108 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:18 PM

Schweppes - totally! Absolutely feel all the feels. As long as you dont beat yourself up about it... thats super interesting that its a rare occurrence to have the c section after Baby A. Freaks me out less for sure! My Braxton Hicks seems to be getting stronger but still inconsistent. Counting the hours till the new hospital opens tomorrow at 7:30 am, so hopefully no need to head in before then! Knowing how my luck in all things fertility related goes, I will go into labour at 7 am and be stuck in the old hospital which is so depressing. AND Ill be the 4% who has to both push AND have a section, so double the recovery 😒 lol

36 weeks, oh my! They wont let me go past 38 weeks but I am not letting myself believe that will really happen, mostly because I cant imagine being this uncomfortable for another 5 whole weeks! 🙈 and 36 weeks would be pretty tricky to go in twice a week considering that would fall on the week of Christmas. Yikes!

#109 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

Schweppes - totally! Absolutely feel all the feels. As long as you dont beat yourself up about it... thats super interesting that its a rare occurrence to have the c section after Baby A. Freaks me out less for sure! My Braxton Hicks seems to be getting stronger but still inconsistent. Counting the hours till the new hospital opens tomorrow at 7:30 am, so hopefully no need to head in before then! Knowing how my luck in all things fertility related goes, I will go into labour at 7 am and be stuck in the old hospital which is so depressing. AND Ill be the 4% who has to both push AND have a section, so double the recovery 😒 lol

36 weeks, oh my! They wont let me go past 38 weeks but I am not letting myself believe that will really happen, mostly because I cant imagine being this uncomfortable for another 5 whole weeks! 🙈 and 36 weeks would be pretty tricky to go in twice a week considering that would fall on the week of Christmas. Yikes!

#110 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:33 AM

BP is rising so they gave me dose 1 of steroid shot today. Will do the other one myself tomorrow. OB has scheduled me in for Dec 17 c section. She wants me to try to hang in until then. They both look like a good size but we can't get the full estimate as their legs are hiding. I will be 36+2 on Dec 17. Ah!!!!! 

Changed clinics

#111 Queen17

Queen17
  • Global 100+
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:49 PM

I know you really dont want a c section but are you excited!??!! Are you in the Middle East still? Do you plan to move back to Canada? Is your husband with you? The one advantage of the scheduled c section is that you can plan for the birth.
How are you feeling prairiechild? Still experiencing the Braxton Hicks?

#112 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 08:06 AM

Queen17 - Still in middle east. Had a bad reaction to the steroid shots and went to the hospital I will deliver at. Care was amazing! So happy I'll be delivering there. The steroid shot made my BP got 180/90 for a bit. 

I am actually getting so excited. It is weird but the last week, since I finished work, I am suddenly just feeling like this is real and can't wait to meet them. I've totally let go of the c section disappointment. It is what it is. Saw my therapist today and we discussed. I just have no control over what position these kids are in. My mom tried to make me feel bad and said it was really weird that A went to transverse and why would that happen because it never happened in any of her pregnancies. I just replied that A was head down until 26 weeks, probably wanted to move around a bit and unfortunately got stuck due to the position of B. Like a kid with their head in a bannister. It happens. 

I should be back in Canada mid 2021. Husband arrives Dec 13 for a month. I keep sending him belly pics and he is so shocked. My innie turned to an outtie last night. 

How are you doing? How is BP? Any more discussion about induction at 36 weeks?

Changed clinics

#113 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:04 PM

So exciting that we are all so close now. Happy that your hubby will be there in a few days to be with you. I. Can. Not. Even. With your moms comment about transverse. 😒 I am so glad youve been able to get past all that stuff and just be looking forward to meeting your babies 💜

How are you doing Queen?

So my current status is:

My babies are huge and they made me do the fasting glucose test again last week and I failed. So too little too late finding out I have gestational diabetes. Been monitoring my blood sugars for a week now as well as my diet and theyve mostly been in the normal range.

Update on induction: no earlier than 36 weeks (a couple days after Christmas) and no later than 37 weeks (New Years). BUT no, my Braxton Hicks have not stopped for the last week. Every night and they get stronger, which theyre supposed to. So I wasnt shocked to find out at my appt today that I was 2 cm dilated. They gave me my first steroid shot today, I go back for the second tomorrow. Hoping someone can check me again since my doc is only there Tuesdays 🤞🏻

Also some protein in my urine, so the preeclampsia is starting but looking back at my maternity pics from 3 years ago, Im nowhere near as swollen so I think it is likely fine.

Long story short: expecting babies sometime by the weekend, hoping theyll stay out another week, can barely walk 😂

#114 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:23 AM

Update to the update: definitely delivering today. Went into proper labour over night. Eek!! 💙💖
  • schlepp, Daisy.Eriksen and MrsCann like this

#115 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:50 AM

Update to the update: definitely delivering today. Went into proper labour over night. Eek!!

Ah!!!!!! I am so happy you got the steroids on board. Hope all goes very well for you. Can't wait for the update!

I thought I was going into labor last night as I had an hour of painful movement by both babies while my belly was super hard. It was like a BH but so much worse. Eventually stopped, I slept for 3 hours and it started again. Then stopped. So I've been trying to take it easy the rest of the day. Also my legs are super swollen which kept me with feet up for most of the day. 

Changed clinics

#116 Queen17

Queen17
  • Global 100+
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:39 PM

Ahhh you two are making me so excited/anxious for my turn lol
I had an ultrasound Monday A is head down 4lb 5oz and B is breech 4lb 1oz. My blood pressure is staying around the 136/90 range but some of my blood work- urate and creatinine- are starting show potentially developing pre e. So I am continuing with weekly blood work, NST, and dr visits as well as q2weekly ultrasounds. My dr is away now until January 3 so I will be seeing one of his colleagues while he is away. Yesterday he made a comment that hopefully I wont be induced while he is away because he wants to be part of the birth lol. I am hoping I can hold on until the 3rd I will be 36 weeks then. I am feeling pretty good. No swelling, headaches or anything at this time. So just trying to relax and keep my feet up at home.
I cant wait for your guys updates!!

#117 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:09 AM

Sorry for the long wait! I actually had an update all typed out and then somehow it glitches and disappeared and I was too exhausted to retype.

My babies are here! They arrived Wednesday around noon, Bennett James (5 1/2 lbs) and Tessa Violet (5 lbs 15 oz). Both vaginal (she twirled head down at the last minute. Had to have manual removal of my placentas. It was awful. They knocked me out with drugs for that part and I woke up pretty loopy but glad to have not experienced the pain I felt as they started.

After a few hours in recovery (wont go into the gory details), I slept and then was finally able to go down and see my babies! I hadnt seen or held them since right after birth - barely got to hold Bennett because Tessa came so fast!

They are doing great in the NICU. Both came off cpap today. Tessa is stronger than her brother but all the nurses say that boys are just a bit slower gathering their strength. Next steps: breastfeeding, hopefully tomorrow, and then once theyre feeding well and 35 weeks they can probably go home. They should be out of incubators and into bassinets tomorrow which will make things feel more real. So one more week to get to 35!

I got discharged today so it feels weird to be at home without them. Im also realizing how much we need to do to get this place in shape before they come home. It is getting overwhelming but it will be fine. Because it has to be 😁

Cant wait to hear from you ladies as to your arrivals. Only a few more days, Schlepp. You must be so happy to be reunited with your hubby!
  • schlepp, Daisy.Eriksen and MrsCann like this

#118 Queen17

Queen17
  • Global 100+
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:13 PM

Congrats prairiechild!! So happy to hear that you are all healthy. And they are such good weights!! My daughter at 37 weeks was 5lb 11oz lol. How is breastfeeding with twins??
A couple More days to to go schlepp, how are you feeling?

#119 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:49 PM

Breastfeeding is unfortunately not a thing yet. 🙁

Because theyre so premature, theyre not feeding directly from me. BUT I am pumping and I am getting a TON which is lovely. They are feeding about half and half off my breast milk and formula but the amount of breast milk is increasing each day. We started putting them to breast over the last couple of days and both have at least tried to latch. He kept on trying this morning which was awesome and she actually got a little bit of milk I think, but kept drifting off, which is normal in preemies.

It sounds like they will for sure be there till the weekend, and likely she will go home before him which kinda sucks. They have to be 35 weeks, breathing on their own (they are now!) and feeding on their own - all feedings by mouth for 48 hours straight. So the feeding will probably be the hardest part, but they both took a bottle today for part of one feed. Progress!

#120 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:24 PM

SCHLEPP! I am so excited for you. Cant wait to hear how it all went, and what sex the babies are! Sending good vibes for babies magically turning at the last minute to avoid the c section you never wanted. 🙏

#121 Queen17

Queen17
  • Global 100+
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 08:24 PM

How are things going prairiechild??
Schlepp we are waiting patiently for an update lol.

Before my ob left on holidays he told me he was thinking about referring me to the MFM (maternal fetal medicine) clinic due to my bp and blood work results. I got a Call yesterday and went for my appt today. The ultrasound went good. Placenta/cord blood flow is good. Only concern is that babies havent put on much weight since the last ultrasound. They are still on the curve but have dropped in percentiles. A is 4lb 14oz (4lb 5oz last ultrasound 10 days ago) and B is 4lb 4oz (4lb 1oz last ultrasound). But since everything else is healthy have to go back the 24th for another assessment and then we will go from there. The dr told me that I do have pre eclampsia based on lab values, bp etc. So depending how things go on the 24 I could potentially be induced that day! I would be 34w 6days. I am still hopeful Ill make it to 36 weeks. But like everyone i am good with whatever is best for the babies.

#122 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:56 AM

Wow Queen! What an amazing Christmas gift (assuming you celebrate Christmas - sorry to assume if you dont!)

That makes things difficult with your other child though for the holiday if so, if I recall you already have one!

Things are good. Sooooooooo busy but Im glad I got most Christmas stuff done early this year. We picked up our new van yesterday (we are now that family lol) so time was limited with the babes. My milk supply is amazing so that has been good as they mostly just take from a bottle. My sister had a breakthrough with them the other day and got them to take most of their bottles on their own. Since then, feeding is improved so we are that much closer to going home. And I am below my Prepregnancy weight with all this pumping so hopefully that will keep up as I was in need of losing weight before pregnancy anyway!

Can not wait to hear updates from you both on your births, sexes of the babies, and how everyone is doing! Fingers crossed for both of you!!

#123 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:53 AM

Hoping all is well with you Schlepp and Queen. My babies are now home (came home Boxing Day) and slowly starting to feed a bit better from the breast. Sure hope they start to catch up quick cause all the pumping and washing of bottles is getting exhausting! Props to moms who bottle feed...so much work!
  • Daisy.Eriksen likes this

#124 Queen17

Queen17
  • Global 100+
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:10 PM

Hey just stopping quick! I was induced Friday because when I came in for my NST my blood pressure was high and not going down. Had two healthy baby BOYS yesterday (Saturday)afternoon.
Beau Cecil Gaspard 5lb 3oz 18 inches long and Gunnar Dwayne James 4lb 14oz 18 inches long. They are both doing well but in the nicu for a couple days. Gunnar is hooked up to oxygen right now but we are going to try feeding him today.
So now to get the breast feeding going!!
So happy to hear you are home prairiechild! How is your other little one adjusting? Sorry cant remember if you have a daughter or son already.
  • yaenaSK, Daisy.Eriksen and MrsCann like this

#125 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:44 PM

Thread crashing to say a HUGE congratulations to you, Queen!

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! DD due Aug 6/20