132 replies to this topic

#76 Queen17

Queen17
  • Global 100+
  • 232 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Regional fertility clinic Calgary

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:47 PM

Hey prairiechild!! That awesome you found out your are having one of each!!!! Congrats!!

#77 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:10 AM

How is everyone doing? Had my 16 week ultrasound today and the babies are growing well. We are having a boy and a girl. Very excited!!

I am still having morning sickness but my blood pressure has swung In the other direction - on the low side now. Probably wont last for too long with my history of hypertension in pregnancy.

prairiechild - I am sorry you still have morning sickness! Mine luckily disappeared at 15 weeks.

I had a scan almost 18 weeks the other week. Very clear that B is a boy and said she is 99% that A is a girl. I have my anatomy scan in two weeks. Hope to have them confirmed then. We don't think we will tell people. Are you telling people?

AFM: I'm home for a short trip just after the anatomy scan and my sister is throwing me a shower. I've told her to tell people no gifts, but a nice card would be great. Will wait to see how things go before I start my registry. 

• returnable likes this

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.

#78 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:16 PM

We are telling people after Tuesday. Having family over Tuesday night to have pink and blue cake after they guess what were having and enjoy some barbecue. Funny. Just watch, Queen will have one of each now too! Lol

#79 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:17 PM

Anyone else starting to feel little kicks? So exciting to finally be able to have easy confirmation that things are okay in there! Cant wait till they get stronger and more frequent so my hubby and daughter can feel them.

#80 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:50 PM

Anyone else starting to feel little kicks? So exciting to finally be able to have easy confirmation that things are okay in there! Cant wait till they get stronger and more frequent so my hubby and daughter can feel them.

Yes! I had one at 15 weeks, a couple more at 17 weeks and at just past 18 weeks they started becoming more frequent. At 20 weeks I get a few day and yesterday was having them all day. So cool! My anatomy scan is Saturday and the movement is helping with my anxiety about it. 

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

Changed clinics

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

#81 ebbe

ebbe
  • 28 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility

Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:31 AM

Hi ladies,

So excited to hear about all your news! So amazing prairiechild and schlepp are both having one of each! What a dream come true! We decided to keep our gender a surprise. I think it's just one of those nice once in a lifetime surprise that you will get. Since we are only having one, preparation isn't as big of a deal, just wear lots of neutrals! hahaha

I've been MIA as I've been dealing with constant annoying pain just underneath my left breast. At it's worst, it feels like my rib muscles are spasming... I asked my doc about it, and she said it was heartburns..... I took tums and stuff, but i'm not sure that's what heartburn feels like....

Otherwise, I'm doing well. Had my 20 weeks scan last week, everything was normal. Baby is measuring 75 percentile in size! OMG! I'm pretty petite (5'2"), so a bit worried about giving birth if baby continues to be that size.... I heard of so many issues with the aftermath of vaginal birth that I'm freaking myself out a little bit... actually kind of wishing for a c-section..... 

#82 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:44 PM

ebbe - I always wanted to wait and have it be a surprise. But my husband doesn't want to fight over 8 possible names, just 4. And everyone I know that has had twins said the delivery is less than relaxed as it is in an OR and after A arrives there is a lot of concern for what is happening to B. So they said it won't be necessarily the nice moment we were hoping for. So now we know and it is kind of fun to have it just for us. 

I had a bad pain under my left breast and it was actually my spleen moving over. Happened around 16 weeks. Hurt whenever I ate and then when I would try to get up from sitting or laying down. It was like that for 4 or 5 days. 

Now heartburn I do have. It comes and goes but the major trigger is chocolate, which I have mostly been avoiding. As well as spicy foods. 

Also scared for the aftermath of a vaginal delivery. Their heads are always measuring in the 90+ percentile....

AFM: Anatomy scan went well. But in a fit of extreme anxiety I am going to redo my NIPT with my fertility clinic. I am back in Canada for short visit and the speed and lack of info with the brand they used in the middle east has me super suspicious. I know it is my anxiety as everything else has been fine but at 41, 42 near delivery, I want some more reassurance. 

Lots of kicks and my family were shocked when I came home to surprise them. I think being super visibly pregnant really added to the shock value. Lots of tears and excitement. It was very emotional. 

• CrisBelieve likes this

Changed clinics

#83 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:12 AM

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well! I am getting so huge and it is hard to imagine how much bigger Ill get, since Im only 23 weeks currently 😳

Starting to find it hard going up and down stairs, rolling out of bed and all that fun stuff.

Just wanted to share that I registered for Huggies No Baby Unhugged and got 32 free NB diapers and a pack of wipes. Pretty pleased and you should all sign up!

#84 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:41 PM

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well! I am getting so huge and it is hard to imagine how much bigger Ill get, since Im only 23 weeks currently

Starting to find it hard going up and down stairs, rolling out of bed and all that fun stuff.

Just wanted to share that I registered for Huggies No Baby Unhugged and got 32 free NB diapers and a pack of wipes. Pretty pleased and you should all sign up!

I am the same! Very nervous about what it will be like past 28 weeks. I am 24+4 now and people at work keeping asking when I am due in October. They are measuring in the 90%+ which is probably adding to my size. They don't measure fundal height at my clinic but at 23 weeks they were each 1.5lbs. 3lb baby is like 30 weeks pregnant. Then add in an extra amniotic sac and placenta...it is like like I'm at 32 weeks or more. So likely measuring 8+ weeks ahead already.

I want to use up my 30 days of sick leave this year starting at 32 weeks and hope my OB agrees. Then go on mat leave at 36 weeks. I at least work in the office but still find I'm exhausted by mid week. I'm still working out but it is so modified I am not even sure I would call it working out. 

Hope everyone else is feeling well! I am finally buying stuff as my twin pregnancy forums have me freaked out that past 28 weeks I will have zero energy for it. Trying to buy a lot used. Got a great deal on the brand of twin stroller I wanted. Still surreal to see the stroller when I walk in the door. 

Changed clinics

#85 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 02:17 PM

Yeah, Im measuring 33 weeks for a singleton as of my last appt which was over 2 weeks ago 😳

So I feel ya on the growth thing! I dont have a plan for sick days though but cant really picture myself working come December. We shall see. Still lots to buy (um, a house namely! 😳😳) but getting there. I will have 30+ sick days at my new job as well so hoping to get some of those purchases done come sick time.

#86 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:45 PM

Yeah, Im measuring 33 weeks for a singleton as of my last appt which was over 2 weeks ago

So I feel ya on the growth thing! I dont have a plan for sick days though but cant really picture myself working come December. We shall see. Still lots to buy (um, a house namely! ) but getting there. I will have 30+ sick days at my new job as well so hoping to get some of those purchases done come sick time.

Remind me what your estimated due date is? My real one is Jan 12, OB is aiming for 36 weeks which is Dec 16 but told me recently she would let me go as far as 38 weeks which is Dec 30. That freaked me out. 

My sick leave doesn't roll over annually so I am taking all 30 days. Even if I have to find a different OB to write me the note! I am struggling to get into my car already. We got an SUV because I'm tall and a lower car is tough on my back, and we thought would be extra tough on the back pulling car seats/kids in and out. But the SUV is a sport vehicle and higher than normal. I now have to reverse step and back in! My physio keeps warning me to be super careful with any lunge/wide steps. 

We think we will need to move once the babies are mobile but I decided I couldn't hack moving again (just got the place in July) while pregnant. So we will leave it until May. Good luck with buying a house!!!

Changed clinics

#87 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:57 PM

Im due Jan 23 officially. Dont know how long theyll let me go cause I still havent officially met my new OB, except when she did a transfer for us in Feb (part time at the clinic and at the hospital). Dont get me started 😡

I am planning for as soon as around when you figure, middle of Dec, if my high blood pressure returns, and likely no later than around New Years as well. I was induced at 37 weeks with my first because my blood pressure was so high so I truly cant imagine going past those first few days of Jan with 2 in there.

#88 Queen17

Queen17
  • Global 100+
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 07:29 PM

Hey ladies. Had an ultrasound yesterday both babies are looking good and measuring on track. I feel like I am big for how far along I am (23 weeks on Thursday) I have gained about 20lbs. But soooo many people keep saying I am small for twins which makes me nervous. But it was nice to have my ultrasound yesterday and just like you schlepp I too have nearly 3lb of baby in me. I find it so annoying and rude that people feel the need to comment on my size. I am 58 and didnt get very big when I was pregnant with my daughter so maybe I just carry it well who knows!! I am also currently wearing the clothes I wore at the end of my last pregnancy
My official due date is January 30 but I have been told by my ob i will likely deliver between 36-38 weeks so pretty much any time in January lol. He also said Ill probably be off work at the beginning of December which is okay with me. I can claim short term disability through work and then start my mat leave once the babies are born.

#89 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:24 AM

Queen17 - Are you 5'8 or 58? Glad your OB is being realistic about when you need to be off of work! I also am amazed at the license people think they have to comment on my body now that I'm pregnant. It is fine if I make a comment about it as it is my body but everyone else can keep their opinions to themselves.

AFM: Heading out on my final solo trip for a long time. I have traveled a ton and this seems bittersweet. Short 4 hour flight and some R&R as I have to use up my vacation time before my mat leave. Husband can't come with as he is working. Flying with twins is such an overwhelming thought. I've told my husband we aren't flying anywhere next year. 

Changed clinics

#90 Queen17

Queen17
  • Global 100+
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:50 AM

Lol I am 5foot8 !!! Not 58 lol oops!! Autocorrect lol for some reason the board doesnt like the abbreviation ha ha
Vacation sounds nice!! Where are you travelling to???

#91 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:13 PM

Schlepp - YES with people commenting on my body! Most people are kind, but other maybe dont realize their comments arent funny.

Queen I was also like 🤔 on the 58 but was like well who am I to judge? 😂

A trip does sound great. I really dont think I will be able to make it past the end of Nov working....if Im lucky!

#92 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:31 AM

Queen17 - Cyprus! I moved to the middle east from Toronto 2 days after my positive pregnancy test. Husband can't meet me there (he is still in Canada and comes back and forth) so it is like a babymoon on my own. Possibly depressing. But he is back here end of October when I take another week off and I am thinking we will go to a really nice resort for 2-3 nights when he is here. I'll be 30 weeks pregnant and it is 1.5 hour drive from where I live so seems like a feasible vacation at that stage. Plus I have points to spend paying for the resort so it feels decadent but free. 

prairiechild - I thought the same! No judgment if you're 58 and pregnant. I feel like that would be almost a celebrity level move! I was just saying to someone today that I thought I would work until the week before my goal due date. But now I'm feeling done. It was a guy at work and he even had empathy and said pregnant with two must be totally different than pregnant with one. 

Changed clinics

#93 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:12 PM

Hope everyone is doing well and had a happy thanksgiving. We got pounded with a super early snowstorm that has caused a lot of power outages (we escaped those, thankfully) and fallen trees from the heavy snow. Halfway melted already but yuck! We still had a nice family get together in the city instead of at the cottage.

I get to start fasting for my follow up glucose test in the am, so I will be snacking heavily till midnight since 10 hours is a LONG time for me to go without eating these days! Hoping it isnt GD buuuut expecting it will be - both babies have been ahead for growth all along, so it only makes sense 😢 Not looking forward to diet changes if so as there is only so much I can keep down these days (my morning sickness just wont go away).

Cant believe we are creeping ever closer to third trimester. I bought a ton of items today online to prepare for the babies arrival!

#94 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:19 AM

prairiechild - fx you passed! I passed my GD test (they do a 2 hour test here) but was very worried about it. One of my sister's had GD and with two placentas I was higher risk. Sorry you still have morning sickness. I'm having a slight return of it these days but nothing terrible.  

AFM: 2 days and I am at 28 weeks! At 26+4 they were measuring at 29 weeks, around 1300g each. So with that and extra placenta and amniotic sac I am basically 37 week+ size.  But they have both turned from head down to breech! Ugh. Next appointment is Oct 31. 

• returnable likes this

Changed clinics

#95 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:34 PM

Thanks Schlepp! I am also just about at the 28 week mark now. Yay! And I did pass the fasting GD test, thank goodness. Bad news: currently measuring over 40 weeks at the start of my third trimester 😳 Definitely starting to find moving around and getting comfortable more difficult in the evenings. Walking the little around on Halloween should be interesting tomorrow night. Good thing she is only 3 and her cousin gets tired and cold easily 😁

#96 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 829 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:59 PM

Hi ladies, its been a while since Our last spoke. I just wanna give you guys a little quick update about me. I am now pregnant again (yay!!) just got my 2nd beta to confirm the pregnancy. The u/s will be in 3 weeks. Hopefully this time ill get to see that little bean and the heart beat. Hope everyone doing well.
  • schlepp likes this
Hubby 43

Trying to conceive : 2 years
IUI : 4 failed
IVF#1 : 19 folical, 19 retrieved, 11 fertilized with ICIS
FET#1, #2 : FAILED 😭😭
FET#3 : our Son, Alexander was born November 2015 🎉🎉🎉🎂😍💖

Sibling project is started ^^ 😊😊😊
FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
12w NT SCAN showed 10mm Cystic hygroma(didnt get the result until 15w ;-( ;-( )
NIPT low risk all 3 Trisomy 13, 18, 21
17w1d : Diagonsed with 11m cystic hygroma +hydrops
17w2d : Disgnosed with Hypo plastic right heart syndrome
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

TTC our rainbow baby girl (if possible)
FET#5 : transfered perfect 6AA fully hatched
10dp5dt : 428 Progesterone 60
12dp5dt : 709 (not quite double) progesterone 50
14dp5dt: 1457 Progesterone 49
19dp5dt: 6158 Progesterone ?
7w u/s gestrational sac measure 6w2d no fetal pole or heart beat
10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

Continue our sibling Progect. We will bring home our rainbow this time!!

#97 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:17 PM

Congrats Canada. Fingers crossed for you!

#98 Queen17

Queen17
  • Global 100+
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:27 AM

How did you appt on the 31 go schlepp??
Happy to what your padded your GD test prairiechild. How has your blood pressure been?
Im currently at the lab waiting to have my blood drawn for my GD!
Congrats Canadamommy!!! How have you been feeling??

#99 prairiechild

prairiechild
  • Global 100+
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:00 PM

My blood pressure has actually been pretty good, for the most part. Starting to elevate again just this past week, but not enough for regular meds still. Have been waking up and having to take a pill in the night though bc it has been high. If it keeps up my doc wants me to come in this Tuesday instead of next to re-evaluate the medication I am on. Might go to more of a stabilizer type pill rather than something that is more reactive to high pressures.

Got around to washing baby clothes this weekend and realizing I do not have nearly enough boys/neutral clothes. Glad I bought neutral stuff last time around but since we knew our daughter was a girl, most of the gift we were given were definitely girlier things. Currently only one pair of nb boys pants 😳 The list gets shorter every day though!

Hope your test comes back with good numbers Queen. Been wondering how you have been doing!

#100 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:49 AM

Queen17 - how did it go?

Prariechild - What does your OB considered elevated? My pre pregnancy BP was 117/72. As soon as I got pregnant it went up to 134/81 fairly consistently. My OB has only been concerned when it went to 144/84 at my last appointment. Then she wanted me make sure my BP was taken daily and that I knew all the signs of pre eclampsia, that I should come in for monitoring if I had any doubt. 

AFM: Babies both transverse breech and laying heads together. My pro vaginal birth OB with a ton of experience delivering multiples told me that it would be very unlikely baby A will move back to head down. They are splinting each other in place now. That was Oct 31 and then last Friday I had to go to the ER as I had an out of control cough with rib pain. Turns out I have bronchitis and pulled or torn intercostals. My BP was crazy high so they tested for pre eclampsia because they couldn't be sure if it was pregnancy related or due to the bronchitis. Tests all came back negative and my BP finally went back to where it has been my whole pregnancy (very high for me but apparently 'normal') after two rounds on a nebulizer. They did a quick scan and tried to put babies on monitors but they were moving a ton so it was really difficult to get them on there consistently. I've never seen them move that much. I think the nebulizer meds gave them a big boost of adrenalin. But the scan showed they are still breech with heads together.

Will try some of the tricks to turn them but not feeling hopeful. And I don't know what I want to spend my last few weeks of pregnancy running around stressing over what I can do to turn baby A. Work and bronchitis are keeping me exhausted. 

Changed clinics