132 replies to this topic

#26 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 01 June 2019 - 03:03 PM

Violetta - Lucky me. Because I did natural FET (depended on my own ovulation) so I got some corpus luteum to produce the progesterone.
Hubby 43

Trying to conceive : 2 years
IUI : 4 failed
IVF#1 : 19 folical, 19 retrieved, 11 fertilized with ICIS
FET#1, #2 : FAILED 😭😭
FET#3 : our Son, Alexander was born November 2015 🎉🎉🎉🎂😍💖

Sibling project is started ^^ 😊😊😊
FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
12w NT SCAN showed 10mm Cystic hygroma(didnt get the result until 15w ;-( ;-( )
NIPT low risk all 3 Trisomy 13, 18, 21
17w1d : Diagonsed with 11m cystic hygroma +hydrops
17w2d : Disgnosed with Hypo plastic right heart syndrome
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

TTC our rainbow baby girl (if possible)
FET#5 : transfered perfect 6AA fully hatched
10dp5dt : 428 Progesterone 60
12dp5dt : 709 (not quite double) progesterone 50
14dp5dt: 1457 Progesterone 49
19dp5dt: 6158 Progesterone ?
7w u/s gestrational sac measure 6w2d no fetal pole or heart beat
10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

Continue our sibling Progect. We will bring home our rainbow this time!!

#27 ebbe

ebbe
  • 28 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility

Posted 01 June 2019 - 04:35 PM

Violetta- Im also in PIO shots but I only do them every 3rd day as Im doing daily progesterone suppositories 2x. I think I may have hit a tendon or nerve on one of my first shot, the side of my right butt was hurting like hell for 2 weeks!! Have you tried infecting into the thigh? My nurse told me its an option if you run out of space...

#28 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 02 June 2019 - 12:03 AM

violetta - I tried 1.5 tabs last night. Will see how today goes. I think 2 would put me in a coma. I am very groggy in the morning after 1. I don't know about zofran. That stuff is hardcore. I think I should make it through on the diclectin. It almost worries me when I don't have nausea at this point. I had a leg rash going from the progsterone (apparently common and I had it before when I was on PIO) and it has faded. Ugh. The wait between scans seems a bit nerve wracking. Trying to stay distracted. I'm traveling this week and off work which is nice. 

I am not on PIO. Just 100mg twice a day of progesterone. Which I really want to stop as technically I ovulated 3 follicles so should be producing my own progesterone. And my tests show it is super high. 97 at beta and then 164 and 5w+5d. But because I had a bleed the OB here said I need to keep taking them. But I plan to ask at 9 weeks if I can go off of them. 

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.

#29 ebbe

ebbe
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:30 PM

Hi ladies!
Hows everyone doing? I thought I would update everyone today. I had my first ultrasound today. Everything went well, I measured 7w6d, exactly as I should be and the little beans HR was 168. My hubby and I are so cautiously grateful and excited and we continue to pray for healthy growing baby.
We will get another scan in two weeks.
I graduated from both my progesterone in oil and suppositories today!!! Yay! I have HCG until 12 weeks...

Hope everyone is having a great day!

#30 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:35 PM

ebbe - thats a really good news hun. Thank you for the update.

Hows everyone else doing?

Ive been really sick. My nausea and heartburn is really bad. I have my u/s book for may 12. I might crack into Diclectin tonight. Its getting harder and harder for me to fall asleep these day.
Hubby 43

FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

#31 babybabydust

babybabydust
  • 36 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:39 PM

I got my first beta back and it was not what I was hoping for but it is ok.  It was 180 at 11dp6dt, progesterone was 68.  It was significantly lower then each of the babies that I MC.  I have never had my progesterone tested before so I have no idea what number it should be at.

Other then that no real changes in me. 

Me:40  DH: 42

PCOS, one blocked tube.

Currently in IVF cycle

#32 ebbe

ebbe
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:07 PM

Canadamommy2- sorry to hear about your nausea.. i read online that b6 is supposed to help with improving nausea.. maybe you can look that up and see if its for you.

Babybabydust- I assume you will go for a second beta soon? Praying for a good doubling number for you! Youve probably already heard people say the initial number is not as important. Fingers crossed for a great doubling number on your second beta!

#33 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:07 PM

Canadamommy - take the diclectin, girl! It's a lifesaver. You could try b6 instead but it's often not enough on its own. I haven't needed diclectin yet this time around but will probably start in a week or so. Im sure you'll discuss this with your doctor but zantac (ranitidine) can also be taken for the heartburn. I took it from the second trimester onwards last time.

Ebbe - congrats on the awesome ultrasound! I'm sure you're happy to be finished with the PIO and suppositories!!

Schlepp - Sounds like you're really sensitive to the sedating effects of the diclectin. I hope you don't need it for too long! Are you feeling ok otherwise?

Babydust - sorry to hear your number wasn't as high as you'd hoped. Fingers crossed it doubles, as that's definitely the more important prognosticator.

Afm - not much change. Nausea still just intermittent. My hips were so sore from the PIO last night and i couldn't bear the thought of giving myself another jab at that site, so i decided to try my thigh instead. I'm literally limping today...i could have guessed. Well now i know!! On the upside, my hips were happy to have a break!

#34 ebbe

ebbe
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:18 PM

Violetta- sorry to hear about your PIO. I really hated mine too, i have some lumps on my butt still, I didnt take too good care of it because I only needed to take it 3rd day, but in my previous experience when I took it daily, I spent the time to warm up the oil before injection (with my heating pad- just to get it a little warm) and then also used a heating pad to rub the injection site a bit afterwards and it made the oil flow a little better and found it less painful.. its way more timing consuming but may be worth it in the long run if you have to do a few more week....

#35 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 02:11 AM

ebbe -Congrats!!! That is such great news. And I am jealous of you being done with progesterone. How frequent and what dose are your HCG shots?

babybabydust - That is still a good first number. Fingers crossed it increases by 60% over 48 hours. I think for progesterone they just want to see over 20. As others have said, they know if you take suppositories it doesn't hit the blood stream as much but it is still effective.

canadamommy2 - Sorry you're suffering with the nausea and heartburn. I vote for the diclectin. Made a world of difference to my sleep. 

violetta - I've seen so many debates over doing thigh for PIO on the Facebook groups. But have also heard it can hurt for months. Hope it eases off today!

AFM: Not much new but I think I have my new anti-nausea combo; 1/2 a pill every 4 hours. I was hungry but not nauseous for both lunch and dinner yesterday and actually enjoyed the meals! Breakfast is another story as even waking at 530am to take half a pill I seem to have missed the window on getting ahead of the nausea. But by a few hours after my second dose I am feeling much better.

Is anyone else still exercising? I had to stop due to my bleed and initially due to nausea and fatigue. I am traveling in Europe right now and did a 10k and 13k of walking the last two days and it felt great. Can't wait to get back to the gym. I am living in Dubai at the moment and it is way too hot to walk outdoors but I need to get motivated to get on the treadmill at least. Hoping after this next scan I can ease back into crossfit. It does so much for my mental health as well as the physical. I have been off it for just over a month.

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

Changed clinics

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

#36 ebbe

ebbe
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 02:47 PM

schlepp: I'm on 2500 USP unit of HCG every 3 days, and that goes until 12 weeks. I'm really wanted to get back to my exercise routine too, but fatigue has really been kicking my butt. I work in the mornings and then I'm free after lunch around 2-3pm, but then fatigue hits me like a brick around 3-4pm, and then I go take a nap. I haven't had a lot of success with fitting my exercise in. I was an avid yogi before becoming pregnant so I'm hoping that I can find a way to get back to it soon. 

It looks like you have your nausea somewhat under control? That's great new... hopefully we will all get our energy back soon and get to a normal routine. Good luck with your next scan!!!

#37 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:09 PM

ebbe - wow I didnt know you are taking low dose of hcg after bfp. If I were you I probably would be throwing up blood by now. Its already so hard to begin with, with this raging natural hcg in our body. Anyway whatever helps right?

Schlepp - I would love to work out too. Ive been following some of the fit mom on instragram. You know those who looks skinner once they pop out their babies, those one?
Hubby 43

#38 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:50 AM

canadamommy2 - I am very anti-diet culture and the quest to be thin/skinny. Lately that quest is packaged as the pursuit of 'health' but in reality, it is the same terrible agenda that keeps women oppressed by hating our bodies. Following something like an account where women are thinner post-pregnancy, while pregnant, seems like a bad idea for a person's mental health and self-esteem. I only exercise because I love how it makes me feel and because I have a lot of fun at it. I am missing the social aspect of crossfit as well as the physical challenges. Can't wait to get back to it but I will be steering clear of any other prenatal fitness stuff unless it is very inclusive of all body types and mentions nothing about weight or aesthetics.

I told a friend I was pregnant yesterday and she made an immediate comment of 'Oh, I was guessing. I though you looked heavier.' I was ready to punch her. Someone had warned me that as soon as you get pregnant people feel like they have the right to comment on your body. Well watch out the next person that crosses that line. It is hard enough being a woman and held to ridiculous ideals of beauty. I am not letting anyone shame me about my body while pregnant. 

End rant. 

Did I mention I am bloated like I'm 6 months pregnant at the end of everyday? I am very concerned about how I will hide this for the next 2 months as I started a new job and am on probation. They can fire me for any reason during this period with no notice. I just bought a bunch of very loose tops to hopefully keep it under wraps until early August. It is formal business wear at the office so my jackets also provide some cover. 

Changed clinics

#39 ebbe

ebbe
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:32 AM

Schlepp- you go girl, I love your take on this. Honestly, i do wish I can get into your mind of thinking... I mean I exercise because I love how it challenges my body and how it makes me feel after but I have to be honest that i am also self-conscious about my body weight. And I went from hardcore exercises 5-6 days per week, to only walking 3 days a week, with the added naps and food... I have gained weight.. quickly right now.. and also feeling super super bloated.... 

Gonna keep pushing myself to keep walking everyday... hoping get through 1st tri safely and maybe we can all get some of that energy back!

#40 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:05 AM

Schlepp- you go girl, I love your take on this. Honestly, i do wish I can get into your mind of thinking... I mean I exercise because I love how it challenges my body and how it makes me feel after but I have to be honest that i am also self-conscious about my body weight. And I went from hardcore exercises 5-6 days per week, to only walking 3 days a week, with the added naps and food... I have gained weight.. quickly right now.. and also feeling super super bloated.... 

Gonna keep pushing myself to keep walking everyday... hoping get through 1st tri safely and maybe we can all get some of that energy back!

ebbe - Here was my mantra during my many IVF cycles 'I have the rest of my life to workout, but only this short window to get pregnant...or now to be pregnant' (I am currently 41). There are many seasons in life and I've cycled in at out of being in great shape due to either living somewhere that I didn't find my exercise groove or injuries. For the most part I've always been in shape to some degree but right now I've worked out the least in my entire life for the past 5 weeks. I am excited to be pregnant and know that my body is working hard at that. It is going to change and I am going to celebrate the changes as it is a privilege to finally be pregnant. We should all celebrate the changes women go through to have children...everyone came out of someone. 

But I get that if you're someone that is weight conscious or attaches your identity to being a certain size this can be a very tough time. I have friends that pride themselves on their thinness and see it as part of who they are, as a sign they have restraint and control even though in reality it is a lot of genetics and maybe under feeding themselves. It has taken years of therapy for me to let go of a lot of the internalized messages I've received about what my body should look like. I am constantly working at not letting them back in.

For some reason I am mostly fearful of the internal changes that are going to happen as, at 41, I am not sure how I will bounce back. Terrified of a weak pelvic floor and prolapse. Those would really impact quality of life for me as my friends with them had to change their exercise routine. Anyone else worried about this? I want to see a pelvic floor PT during my pregnancy to see what I can do to stay ahead of things. 

Changed clinics

#41 ebbe

ebbe
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:37 AM

ebbe - Here was my mantra during my many IVF cycles 'I have the rest of my life to workout, but only this short window to get pregnant...or now to be pregnant' (I am currently 41). There are many seasons in life and I've cycled in at out of being in great shape due to either living somewhere that I didn't find my exercise groove or injuries. For the most part I've always been in shape to some degree but right now I've worked out the least in my entire life for the past 5 weeks. I am excited to be pregnant and know that my body is working hard at that. It is going to change and I am going to celebrate the changes as it is a privilege to finally be pregnant. We should all celebrate the changes women go through to have children...everyone came out of someone. 

But I get that if you're someone that is weight conscious or attaches your identity to being a certain size this can be a very tough time. I have friends that pride themselves on their thinness and see it as part of who they are, as a sign they have restraint and control even though in reality it is a lot of genetics and maybe under feeding themselves. It has taken years of therapy for me to let go of a lot of the internalized messages I've received about what my body should look like. I am constantly working at not letting them back in.

For some reason I am mostly fearful of the internal changes that are going to happen as, at 41, I am not sure how I will bounce back. Terrified of a weak pelvic floor and prolapse. Those would really impact quality of life for me as my friends with them had to change their exercise routine. Anyone else worried about this? I want to see a pelvic floor PT during my pregnancy to see what I can do to stay ahead of things. 

Schlepp- I never actually thought about that... I have been doing some kegel exercises... but haven't even looked into anything regarding my pelvic floor. That's a great tip... will look into practical things like that rather than keep worrying about weight gain issues... haha..

Some days, I forgot that I'm having a first baby at 37 and still feeling quite invincible.. should really be thinking about how to properly take care of my body... 

#42 violetta

violetta
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:47 PM

Schlepp - I like your style. I have normal BMI but definitely lots of jiggly bits leftover from my pregnancy, and it actually suprised me how ok with getting jiggly I was. I think it has to do with being so damn GRATEFUL to be pregnant in the first place, it always seemed like this magical status I once thought I would never achieve, so all of the body changes seemed like a badge of honour. Oh, and re: pelvic PT, if you're interested I would go asap. Reason being is it's a lot harder to work on those muscles as your uterus enlarges, so training yourself to feel them now is probably a good idea. I had a 4th degree tear with my daughter and did some pelvic pt afterwards. Things aren't entirely the same as they were before, but it could be a lot worse.

Afm - i finally figured out a way to do my PIO shots that is tolerable. Basically super super high up and lateral, like higher than it is "supposed" to go. I'm quite sure I'm still getting it intramuscular and it is soooo much better. Phew!! Now to wait another week for my ultrasound (I'll be 7+3). Just hoping everything looks ok so I can shake off this feeling of impending doom...
  • schlepp likes this

#43 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:45 AM

violetta - Great tip! I am going to look for one now and get on it. And I empathize with the feeling of impending doom. My husband and I keep talking about the future and 'if' anyone sticks around. Wish I could feel more confidence but it only lasted for maybe an hour post each scan and then was back to wondering if they're still growing in there. I bow down to you on the PIO. I did it for 2 FETs and my husband helped with the shots after the first few days but they were a nightmare. I really didn't have the mobility to do my left side myself. Hang in there!

Changed clinics

#44 babybabydust

babybabydust
  • 36 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:54 PM

So I have been a bit MIA.  I had to step away from the internet for a bit.  I had my second blood draw last wed 48 hours after my first.  My first was 180 and my second was 430 so a good rise.  I woke up friday and any symptom I was feeling went away so I was really feeling down like this didn't work.  So for my sanity I unhooked for a bit.  My clinic only does the 2 blood draws and my ultrasound isn't for 2 more weeks!

Me:40  DH: 42

PCOS, one blocked tube.

Currently in IVF cycle

#45 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:02 PM

Hi ladies, sorry ive been away for a while. Weather is getting better and life is getting busier both at work and at home. Tomorrow is my 7w u/s. I am so nervous but yet excited. Tomorrow well find out if there is a baby in there or if there is a heartbeat in there or not. Im praying with all my heart that Ill get to see our little rainbow tomorrow.

I havent been exercising yet but Ive been walking a lot. I havent been eating much since my nausea is getting so bad. I had some Diclectin last night and girl let me tell you it makes me feel like a better person. Even though it makes me quite sleepy but its so worth it.
Hubby 43

#46 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:57 AM

Bad news for me. 7w u/s showing a sac ar 6w2d but no baby in it ;-( im crushed. I knew it. Things going too smoothly.
Hubby 43

#47 ebbe

ebbe
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

Canadamommy1- Im so sorry to hear about your news.... I dont even know what to say....

#48 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:15 PM

Tech saw a sac and a yolk but no baby ;-( i dont really know what to think. And because I did IVF the dating and implantion should be correct right? And the bright ovum got no yolk sac though. Sigh.
Hubby 43

#49 ebbe

ebbe
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:06 PM

I think a blighted ovum could have an yolk sac... will you have a repeat ultrasound?

#50 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:18 PM

Yeah. It’s next Friday. I’m prepare for the worst at this point.
Hubby 43