• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 amygirl

amygirl
  • Global 100+
  • 304 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:38 AM

Ten years ago I opened my profile as Amygirl on IVF.ca, I must have been one of the first, a true veteran. At that time, I was struggling with secondary infertility. I spent many many hours a day on this forum seeking guidance and trying to find other women who were dealing with similar issues. I would also try to seek out those positive stories that gave me hope.

My husband and I went through many months of cycle monitoring and several unsuccessful in uterine insemination treatments. We eventually did IVF and were blessed with a set of twins on our first cycle. (I had many cycle buddies I journeyed with on here, as we went through our IVF.)

I never imagined that I would now be the one giving others hope.

Although my story ended happily and joyously, I cant forget the heartache and emotional pain I experienced throughout the process. All the unknowns and uncertainty, and the shame were so difficult to face. I knew that if I made it through, I would help others also get through. The only way out is through.

When my twins turned two, I decided that I wanted to give back. I started running a support group for women struggling with infertility . Eight years later, I am still facilitating this group. If you live in Toronto and want to meet others- in person- you may be interested in joining us. healinginfertility.ca
  • Highest hopes, CrisBelieve, dangey and 1 other like this

#2 Over40

Over40
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:34 PM

Hi Amygirl, Do you know anyone facilitating a group in Vancouver?

#3 Graceland

Graceland
  • Global 100+
  • 599 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Hannam (now)

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:55 PM

Its wonderful that youre paying it forward!

Twin girls born December 2017 after 7 years of TTC

See 'About Me' for full details

#4 Graceland

Graceland
  • Global 100+
  • 599 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam (now)

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:39 PM

Its wonderful that youre paying it forward!

Twin girls born December 2017 after 7 years of TTC

See 'About Me' for full details

#5 lauris22

lauris22
  • 5 posts
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

Wow Amy girl! Congratulations for the blessings! Am very new to all this. Just signed up to IVF.ca today. I live in the GTA and would love to contact you. How do I do? I know my husband and I just decided to go to the treatment. I need advise just about to ask for referrals and start to contact fertility clinics. That new! Yes absolutely agree with you is a journey that takes so much but would be nice to have supportive people with you around. Please let me know! Thank you in advance for your response

#6 MeiAmor

MeiAmor
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 26 August 2020 - 02:29 PM

Thank you so much and wish I and other ladies will dreamS come true

#7 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • Global 100+
  • 221 posts