- - - - -

IUI with donor sperm

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

Hi there. Just looking for people to input on their experience with IUI and donor sperm. I just finished my first attempt with a BFN. Just wondering if I should be at all optimistic this will work. I am being hyperstimulated, and we have male factor infertility only.

Would appreciate any support I can get right now!!!

Thanks sooo much!!!

#2 mmv

mmv
  • Global 100+
  • 180 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

Hi There!
I have BPN first time and cryed for a all day or so and couldn't get myself toghether....
It happened for me the second time, so u just have ot keep trying and most important to get the moment right!
and ... check if your donor has reported pg on file. :D

#3 mmv

mmv
  • Global 100+
  • 180 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

By the was forgot to add that we have a Male Factor as well.
We love our daughter and she is evrything to us and makes our life every single day.
but during pregancy because we waited for a little ... donor had no more units available.
Today we are trying IVF (1 failed) with varicocele

#4 Maya_

Maya_
  • Global 100+
  • 235 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:19 AM

Hi fifigirl:

I am sorry to hear about your BFN. :grouphug2: My doctor said that in healthy women a BFP would happen within 4 IUIs. But every case is individual. You have to complete several IUIs to succeed. It's extremely heartbreaking to get over each BFN.

Best of luck! :flowers:

Maya
Me: 44, DH: older
14 years TTC
2006 - first visit to fertility clinic
7 IUIs (BFN)
2 IVFs (BFN)
Nov 2010 IVF own eggs m/c at 8 weeks
May 2012 DE IVF m/c at 6 weeks
Aug 2013 - DE FET twin pregnancy, m/c at 8 weeks
Nov 2014 - DE FET (BFN)
Jan 2015 - DE FET (BFP) - miracle baby boy born.

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

Hi fifigirl:

I am sorry to hear about your BFN. :grouphug2: My doctor said that in healthy women a BFP would happen within 4 IUIs. But every case is individual. You have to complete several IUIs to succeed. It's extremely heartbreaking to get over each BFN.

Best of luck! :flowers:

Maya

thanks so much!! My hubby had a failed vas. reversal. We have 2 children and had a child die years ago. I guess perhaps a midlife crisis, you may call it, but we are desparate to have another child. I ovulate fight on cue, but am so stressed out about all of this. It has been almost 2 years and full of disappointments, as most of you are very familiar with. I am starting IUI #@ in the next 10 days. I am taking femara. So, hope all works out for each and every one of us... Thanks for your support!!!!