- - - - -

First IVF cycle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_albertagrl_*

Guest_albertagrl_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2005 - 06:57 PM

Hi everyone!, I am new to the forum first time posting and all that. I am ding my first IVF at the Foothills in Calgary everything to be compleated by March 14. I'm a bit worried about the whole thing and for the last few days I have been wondering about the amount of pain or discomfort when they do the ER and ET. Is there anything anyone did before their ER that seemed to help with the discomfort??

Blessing to you all

Jen

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:28 PM

Welcome Jen,
Good Luck with your IVF, I hope that all goes well!
As for what to do before ER & ET, I don't know, mine will be this next week. But eveybody here is very helpful, so if they can help you, they will!
Joy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:34 PM

Dear Jen,

I recently had my ER, during the procedure I was put to sleep, didn't feel anything. But I experienced bloatedness for about 3 to 4 days, that's because they retrieved 20 eggies. Other than that it was good.

All the best to you . :flowers:

Cheers,
FloJo

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:12 PM

Hi Jen,

At foothills they give you some narcotics to ease the ER - plus a sedative the night before - so that you're rested. It was alright for me, I just asked for more 'drugs' when I could feel them poking around and they gave me more.

The ET - just a full bladder is my only complaint :bang: You have one doctor between your legs getting ready to transfer and another doing jumping jacks on your bladder with the u/s machine - doesn't take long though.

They are awsome - you'll be just fine. Best of luck to you - keep us posted !!

Sam :flowers: