• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#201 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 04 July 2019 - 10:45 AM

@aimeehug - That is great news! Congrats!

We had our 12 week today. Our NIPT came back clear for the 3 trisomies but I wanted more assurance. All looked good today and they are measuring 12+5 and 13. I don't have another scan until the anatomy scan so that will feel like a long wait. But I am glad there is a break as having now had 4 already makes me nervous. This was also the first one they could do abdominally and the first one my husband could be at. Definitely feels more real now! But I am nowhere near looking at fitting out a nursery. I am moving in a few weeks and haven't picked an apartment yet. Now looking at ones where the kitchen is easy to close off with a baby gate. Hoping to buy a ton of stuff second hand and only need to buy a breast pump and car seats new. 

• Daisy.Eriksen likes this

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.

#202 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, volleyball, yoga, watching TV
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 04 July 2019 - 11:25 AM

@aimeehug - That is great news! Congrats!

We had our 12 week today. Our NIPT came back clear for the 3 trisomies but I wanted more assurance. All looked good today and they are measuring 12+5 and 13. I don't have another scan until the anatomy scan so that will feel like a long wait. But I am glad there is a break as having now had 4 already makes me nervous. This was also the first one they could do abdominally and the first one my husband could be at. Definitely feels more real now! But I am nowhere near looking at fitting out a nursery. I am moving in a few weeks and haven't picked an apartment yet. Now looking at ones where the kitchen is easy to close off with a baby gate. Hoping to buy a ton of stuff second hand and only need to buy a breast pump and car seats new. 

NIPT coming back normal is very good. It's pretty accurate! It is a long wait between the 12 week to anatomy scan. But you'll get there!
I'm getting a lot of stuff loaned to me from a friend. I did buy a second high chair already, even though it's going to be ages before we can use it, and a baby einstein (they came together). I also am hoping to only buy the breast pump and car seat new. Although I've heard great things about the Uppababy, but I haven't seen a lot for sale yet, but I should keep looking.

I think we may have finally agreed on a name. After so much arguing and him poo pooing every name I suggest, he finally said "What about Holly" And I like that name. i do have a coworker that I don't see or talk to much who is named Holly, so it feels a little weird, but since she's not close, maybe it's okay.

me: 34 DH: 35 TTC since: Sep 2015

Jan 2018- Lap for Endo, and septum removal surgery

Mar-Aug 2018- 3 failed IUIs

Nov 2018- IVF...got my very first ever positive. 

Dec 19 2018- confirmed loss. at 5 weeks. cry.gif

Feb. 2019- preparing for first FET. Let's do this!

March 13, 2019- Transfer date for FET #1

March 18, 2019- turned 34 and got a squinter 5dp5dt.

March 22, 2019- Positive Beta! 

April 8, 2019- 1st ultrasound. all good except a small SCH.

#203 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 05:49 AM

@aimeehug - We haven't even thought about names! I'm impressed you are already decided. 

I definitely feel like the odd one out in my pregnancy after IVF facebook group. There was a woman that was 4w+3d already asking about registries and saving on diapers. I loathe shopping so just feel tired at having to buy stuff. I'm also a bit of a minimalist so trying to follow my sister's lead (she is a mom of 3) and wait a bit to buy things. Just get the basics to begin with, maybe start after the 20 week scan, and buy used. So many friends offering to give me stuff but I am now living overseas and far away from them all. Also need two of most things so that is intimidating as well. I feel like I have time. Will wait and see how I feel after the 20 week scan. I am also doing a very quick trip home to Canada just after that to tell my family and some friends in person. My sister might have some used things for me to bring back.  

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

Changed clinics

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

#204 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 11:08 AM

@aimeehug - We haven't even thought about names! I'm impressed you are already decided. 

I definitely feel like the odd one out in my pregnancy after IVF facebook group. There was a woman that was 4w+3d already asking about registries and saving on diapers. I loathe shopping so just feel tired at having to buy stuff. I'm also a bit of a minimalist so trying to follow my sister's lead (she is a mom of 3) and wait a bit to buy things. Just get the basics to begin with, maybe start after the 20 week scan, and buy used. So many friends offering to give me stuff but I am now living overseas and far away from them all. Also need two of most things so that is intimidating as well. I feel like I have time. Will wait and see how I feel after the 20 week scan. I am also doing a very quick trip home to Canada just after that to tell my family and some friends in person. My sister might have some used things for me to bring back.  

I hate shopping too. Find it so overwhelming. Theres only a few things you need right at the beginning. Were just starting to tak about painting nursery. I feel like well end up leaving things to the last min knowing us. We also have friends who will give/Lon is stuff so I need to be careful not to buy too much until I know what were getting from others

#205 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:07 AM

How is everyone doing? 

My nausea seems to be getting a bit better. Same with bloat and digestion. I'm just at 14 weeks so I am hoping this is the nausea fading. Slowly trying to wean off the meds. 

Just started major modifications at the gym as well. No more laying on my back or doing regular situps. Did some reading and beginning of second trimester seems to be when this is an issue. I'm getting a bit nervous about what I'm going to do sleep wise as I have always laid on my back. I think I need to find a foam wedge for my left side. I don't think I could fully sleep on my side if I tried. 

What is everyone else doing for sleep positions?

Also ordered maternity work pants. I already have that band thing helping me wear a few pairs and I bought some a bit larger. Still not sharing the news at work so wearing a lot of loose tops with jackets. Going to order some maternity tops from the Gap and Old Navy soon. Anyone else find some good deals on maternity clothing? I'm 6 feet tall so not everywhere seems to carry the right size. I don't want to spend a ton on clothing but I also want to comfortable.

I am trying to ignore the scale. They seem to weigh me wherever I go and I saw the number and wow, I have gained. A lot. And it is only the first trimester! It is what it is and I'm at crossfit 4-5 times a week and eating well so there isn't much else to do. 

Changed clinics

#206 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 09:54 AM

My friend leant me a maternity pillow that wraps around my body. It does seem to help me stay on my side more, although I still sometimes wake up on my back.

I bought some maternity clothes off Facebook for cheap. But Im pretty average sized. Tbh I dont really need the maternity clothes yet. I have the opposite problem with weight gain. I think maybe Ive gained a pound. And Im 20 weeks. I barely have a tummy yet and I do have my appetite back. Im on vacation so I havent been eating all that well. Havent weighed myself this week, well see what I am when I get home.
But I wouldnt worry too much about weight gain if youre exercising and eating well. I hear some women just gain more weight than others. My midwife never weighs me but my next appointment is July 23 and Ill have to ask her if shes worried about my lack of weight gain. Ive had other women tel me not to worry, again because everyone gains differently. Some more in 1st trimester and then slows down, some more in 3 rd trimester.

#207 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:03 AM

Oh and as a side note, Ive been feeling her fluttering about here and there. Not super consistent but its coming. Last night she was moving quite a bit, still subtle, but DH pressed hard into my stomach. I didnt think hed be able to feel anything but he was! He said it was super subtle for him too. But he felt them the same time I did, so must have been! Cant wait till movements are more consistent. Even if theyre weird and end up being uncomfortable sometimes. Haha

#208 Esterk2002

Esterk2002
  • Global 100+
  • 105 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:22 PM

Hello ladies,
Not much to report here. I am 21 weeks and i had my 20 weeks u/s a week ago. Everything seems to be going fine. My baby’s face looked like an alien though- that was pretty scary. I can feel him moving around several times a day and it’s very assuring. I still can’t believe that the IVF thing actually worked!!!
I have gained about 10pounds already! My belly is small comparing to some other ladies who are 21 weeks but i definitely can’t hide it anymore. I bought some maternity clothes from Thyme maternity and motherhood maternity but it seems quite expensive and didn’t really love anything they have. I ordered some stuff from H&M and i am happy with everything i got- and H&M is cheaper!
What kind of bras do you wear? Iam having such a difficult time to find a good one. My breasts have changed so much and i canwear only cotton because everything else makes me so uncomfortable now.
2018: 3 failed IUIs
January 2019 IVF+ ICSI+CCS: 24 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 biopsied and frozen blastocysts: 2 normals, 2 abnormals and 2 mosaic
FET #1 February/March 2019:
March 4- transferred one 5AA embryo - BFP (10dp5dt) Beta #1: 163 (11dp5dt) #2 (6 days later): 3099
April 2- 1st u/s: 6w4d, hb: 120 bpm
April 16- 2nd u/s: 8w5d, hb:167 bpm
April 17- embryo gender results: XY
EDD: Nov. 20th, 2019

#209 Annababy79

Annababy79
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:50 PM

Hi Ladies, 

Glad to hear everyone is doing well and those little munchkins are growing. 

AFM - I have my next appointment with my midwife on Monday and the ultrasound the following Wednesday right at 20 weeks. I've started to feel little flutters here and there. 

I seem to have traded my prepregnancy fat for baby weight since I have gained almost no weight but I'm constantly eating. Lots of fruits, veggies, dairy and the occasional bowl of ice cream. 

I've done my registry already since we are visiting family next month and a few people have asked if we are having a baby shower and what we need so it seemed easier to just make a registry. My sister gave us her crib, stroller and car seat since it's still within the expiry date so we already have those big ticket items. Once we come back from holidays we'll focus on getting the nursery painted. 

DH and I have started talking about names already. We have middle names decided on but first names are harder for us to agree on. 

October 2014 - MC

April 2015 - MC

October 2015 - IVF with fresh transfer of 2 day 5 embryos - BFN

February 2016 - FET of 2 day 5 embryos - chemical 

December 9 2018 - FET with 1 day 5 embryo

December 20 2018 - Beta 10

December 27 2018 - Beta 2

April 2 2019 - FET 1 4BB embryo 

April 13 2019 - th_abfp.gif HCG 422

April 19 2019 - HCG 7050

April 29 2019 - Ultrasound heart.gif 122

May 13 2019 - Ultrasound heart.gif 172

July 31 2019 - 20w ultrasound - Munchkin measuring 20w5d

#210 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:36 PM

We had so much trouble with the first name. I think the one we have is what we'll stick with. I still like Summer, and he is still absolutely against it. But we both like Holly.

I was able to read the results of my last ultrasound. i guess I still have placental lakes. Midwife said not to worry, although in rare cases it can affect growth, so she offered another ultrasound at 28-32 weeks, which I gladly accepted. Any chance to see baby and make sure she's doing okay.
I also have something weird going on with my left ovary. I've suspected something's been up with that ovary for some time. It's often painful during ovulation, and it has had a small cyst on it before. But this report made some comment about some mass that may be a cyst, maybe a calcified fibroid, may be something else I didn't understand. Again, midwife didn't really comment on it, and at this point I'm guessing it's not dangerous to baby or anything, but I think I will ask my doctors about it after birth and see if it's something I need to get removed (especially if the pain continues) or what. I know she didn't want to remove the first cyst she saw because it could damage the ovary to remove it, but that was before IVF, and now I have embryos on ice, and I really doubt I'll be able to give birth naturally. I also don't think I'll ever do IVF again. If the following three embryos fail, I'll give up. But maybe I won't do anything on the ovary until for sure I've decided no more kids.

#211 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:43 AM

Aimeehug - I haven't thought much about post-baby in terms of fertilty. We have 2 embryos on ice, 1 PGS tested and 1 not. Both poor quality. If this pregnancy works out we are done so at some point I have to give that a thought. I really never thought we would have any embryos. I've realised lately I never really thought after so many rounds of treatment that anything would work. Still wrapping my brain around that. 

Annababy79 - I am behind everyone else in the group due to having twins and the due date being 37 weeks. I'm hoping if my anatomy scan goes well at the end of August that I will feel like I can plan. My own twin sister keeps wanting to give me stroller shopping advice. I am going try to buy used for most big ticket things except the breast pump and car seats.

I am living abroad right now and not sure on doing a registry. Just today someone told me they are definitely wanting to throw me a shower here. Which is very kind as I am so far from family. But then do I do a registry here and one at home? I have no idea. I figure I will let myself worry about that in September. I see my family early September and we still haven't told them. Which feels a bit crazy but after all I have been through to get here, I am loving seeing the joy on people's faces when I tell them. A friend at work (who I have known from previous work) cried when I told her the other day. It was very sweet.

AFM: Almost 16 weeks. Last ultrasound they were measuring a week ahead almost so I hope in two weeks when I have another one they are still doing well. After that it is my anatomy scan which my OB likes to do at 21 weeks. I am off the diclectin but still have occasional bouts of nausea and have suddenly been turned off really flavourful foods. Enjoying oatmeal but not loving asian food.

Changed clinics

#212 BabyDustandDreams

BabyDustandDreams
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:brazilian jiu jitsu, riding my horse
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:28 PM

I am so scared to jump in on this thread but feel like I need to be bold and go for. I am being so cautious because, if you read my full profile, it had taken me a long time and a ton of treatment to get my first positive. And what actually ended up working was something out of left field.

I am around 7 weeks today and had my first ultrasound. It was traumatic. [Side note: two days after I got my first positive I moved to the middle east. Solo. Husband is back in Canada. I am working here for likely two years. He may join next year]. I went for nausea meds a couple of weeks ago and the clinic I went to said they could book me in for my 7 week scan. It is not a fertility clinic or OB office. Just a clinic with a lot of different specialists.

Went today for my full bladder ultrasound. Radiologist did it. Was silent the whole time. Tells me after that I am only measuring 6 weeks and there is no heartbeat. I have a 2.4cm SCH. Asked if I want to see an OB there to discuss the results. 

So I went to see the OB immediately. She reviews it all and asks if I want her to double check trans vaginally. Yes, please.

She turns the screen to me to immediately to show me one sac with a heartbeat. Then a second one. Twins! Both measuring 6w+5d which is about right as my IUI was April 20 and I felt myself ovulate the next day. Small bleed shown. Said it is normal with twins. Cervix looks good. 

I go back in two weeks. I'm only on 100mg progesterone twice a day as this pregnancy is from my fifth IVF cycle that was converted to an IUI after I had three follicles take the lead very early and decided it wasn't worth the cost to retrieve them even though my husband has very high sperm antibodies so our chances with IUI were like 1-2%.

Due to it being twins my EDD is December but even if I was having a singleton I think due to my age (42 at due date) they like to induce at 38 weeks which would have brought me closer to end of December. 

I'm supposed to try to take it easy for the next two weeks and go back for another ultrasound and some blood work. I have been trying to get back to the gym but my nausea and fatigue are brutal. Had a massive bleed a few days ago which also made me paranoid to do too much. And then my breast pain went for horrendous to almost nothing which made me worry I was miscarrying.

Sorry for such a long story. Happy to join the group after so many years on here. Fingers crossed I stay. 

I have a question Schlepp... given that your maternal age is on the high side, are you worried about carrying an abnormal embryo? This is my current great debate... if I was having babies the old fashioned way with hubs, PGS wouldnt be an option.. but somehow, since we are not and the science is there - my RE has put the fear of god in me for carrying an abnormal embryo.... bah!  Thanks! 

Me: 32  38
DH: 35 41
TTC: 10 Years

I wish that I could cohesively list all the dates of all the stuff that has gone on with this fertility struggle, but I cant remember the dates, but here is a list ... which should give you the gist.

2 years, TTC naturally BFN all of the time!
1 year ago we go on Clomid, on the third month BFP! - chemical pregnancy 4wks
Clomid again, BFP - ectopic treated with Methotrexate (sad day)
Clomid again BFP - chemical 5wks
Sonohystogram - all is ok, DH is checked - he's fine too - no explanation

6 months later

August, Clomid BFP!
Beta doubelling, YES!
5 wk u/s no gestational sac anywhere
6wk u/s same as above
7wk u/s same again, FS suggests Methotrexate based on my past history, we decide we are going to wait another 48 hours to confirm as u/s cannot see sac though also cannot see anything in tubes etc and we are hopeful that dates are slightly early, we really want this baby so we decide to wait it out.
48 hours later in the shower, tube ruptures - off to Emerg
u/s - heart beat in my r.tube (tears and unbelievable sadness)
Surgery to remove r.tube - Dr tells me after that he took my r.ovary as well as my tube was fused to my ovary with scar tissue.
Dr runs die through left tube to check its open..... blocked!

Awaiting referral to Mt. Sinai for 3 OHIP covered rounds of IVF.

Referral to Mt.Sinai October 17th (got the phone call in about a week from the time i sent the referral) !!

UPDATE ** at the time in 2015, mt sinai declined me for funded IVF I was 35 but I was too heavy, at about 350lbs.  Dr Greenblatt asked me to loose 100lbs.  Cue depression eating and fast forward 3 years, now weighing 400lbs.  

In March 2017 I had Gastic Bypass surgery and went from 388 to 205.

Started first funded cycle of IVF May 2018

Antagonist long protocol - estrace priming, gonal F, menopur, ganirelix - I ended up injecting myself for 18 days in total, at the very highest doses of all these meds.  I ended up with 3 follicles measuring 2.1, 1.9 and 1.7 before trigger.  On ER, they took out 2 mature oocytes.  They both fertilized over night and by day three, they were 8 cell and 10 cell, looking very good.  The dr's did a day 3 transfer of both, neither implanted.  Likely because they were aneuploid (abnormal).

I took a few months off to gather $15,000 for another fresh cycle that includes drugs etc... Dr Greenblatt will do a flare protocol (minimal drugs) this time and aim for quality over quantity.  Though, with one ovary and being 38 there is no fear of quantity ha ha.  I have been taking DHEA, and OVA boost in hopes to help my quality.. Also Co q 10 and multi vitamins.

It is Sept 29th and I am due to call in my day one any day.  I understand that I will do birth control priming with this cycle.  Wish me luck ladies.... If this doesnt work we will go onto donor egs. xo 

#213 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:05 PM

I have a question Schlepp... given that your maternal age is on the high side, are you worried about carrying an abnormal embryo? This is my current great debate... if I was having babies the old fashioned way with hubs, PGS wouldnt be an option.. but somehow, since we are not and the science is there - my RE has put the fear of god in me for carrying an abnormal embryo.... bah!  Thanks! 

babydustanddream- I am cringing a bit at this question. I am sure you didn't intend it, but I wouldn't ask this again of someone of advanced maternal age as maybe they aren't worrying about it and you bringing it up seems a bit insensitive. I guess also, in my case, if you had read what I have previously posted and my history:

* I had two embryos to test at almost 41, both came back normal

* With this pregnancy, conceived at 41 and 4 months age, I have done the NIPT (blood genetic screening) as we all as the nuchleal fold scan and both came back low risk. 

I ended up doing PGS testing on my 4th IVF retrieval because my RE kept telling me the reason nothing was working was because the embryos were abnormal. Well, he was wrong. That wasn't our issue. And while there is an increased risk with advanced maternal age, once a pregnancy is established the risk isn't 1:2, it is much lower than that. Your RE is right that most abnormal embryos won't implant. So even if you think 90% or more of your eggs are abnormal given you're a certain age, you also have to logically think about the fact that if you had 10 eggs, you may end up with 1 normal embryo still. In my case at almost 41 I had 7 mature eggs resulting in 2 embryos that were both PGS normal. 

I also have a lot of friends who had kids at 40-42. I've only had one have an issue. But this is my own history and our issue ended up not being my age but being misdiagnosed male factor. Egg quality always goes down with age but for most of us that doesn't mean zero normal embryos until 42+. If you have DOR it may mean you have poorer odds because you only have 1-2 eggs to start each cycle versus someone starting with 7-10. I've seen 37 years olds get 5 embryos and all come back abnormal. There is some luck and a lot of science at play. 

So yes, I still occasionally worry I will be on the losing side of all the testing and there will be issues. But I'm 16 weeks pregnant and can only wait for my next anatomy scan. I am trying to have some confidence give my previous PGS results and my current testing with this pregnancy. 

Changed clinics

#214 BabyDustandDreams

BabyDustandDreams
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:brazilian jiu jitsu, riding my horse
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:30 PM

babydustanddream- I am cringing a bit at this question. I am sure you didn't intend it, but I wouldn't ask this again of someone of advanced maternal age as maybe they aren't worrying about it and you bringing it up seems a bit insensitive. I guess also, in my case, if you had read what I have previously posted and my history:
* With this pregnancy, conceived at 41 and 4 months age, I have done the NIPT (blood genetic screening) as we all as the nuchleal fold scan and both came back low risk. 
I ended up doing PGS testing on my 4th IVF retrieval because my RE kept telling me the reason nothing was working was because the embryos were abnormal. Well, he was wrong. That wasn't our issue. And while there is an increased risk with advanced maternal age, once a pregnancy is established the risk isn't 1:2, it is much lower than that. Your RE is right that most abnormal embryos won't implant. So even if you think 90% or more of your eggs are abnormal given you're a certain age, you also have to logically think about the fact that if you had 10 eggs, you may end up with 1 normal embryo still. In my case at almost 41 I had 7 mature eggs resulting in 2 embryos that were both PGS normal. 

I also have a lot of friends who had kids at 40-42. I've only had one have an issue. But this is my own history and our issue ended up not being my age but being misdiagnosed male factor. Egg quality always goes down with age but for most of us that doesn't mean zero normal embryos until 42+. If you have DOR it may mean you have poorer odds because you only have 1-2 eggs to start each cycle versus someone starting with 7-10. I've seen 37 years olds get 5 embryos and all come back abnormal. There is some luck and a lot of science at play. 

So yes, I still occasionally worry I will be on the losing side of all the testing and there will be issues. But I'm 16 weeks pregnant and can only wait for my next anatomy scan. I am trying to have some confidence give my previous PGS results and my current testing with this pregnancy. 

Thanks for thoughtfully answering my question. Really good food for thought. As far as you cringing and what I said.. of course i didnt mean to be insensitive... this is a fertility board and theres not sense in skirting around any issues.. we are all in the same boat. I hope our posted topic puts another DOR debating PGS with their single embryo in a better place mentally because I know it for sure helped me ❤

Me: 32  38
DH: 35 41
TTC: 10 Years

I wish that I could cohesively list all the dates of all the stuff that has gone on with this fertility struggle, but I cant remember the dates, but here is a list ... which should give you the gist.

2 years, TTC naturally BFN all of the time!
1 year ago we go on Clomid, on the third month BFP! - chemical pregnancy 4wks
Clomid again, BFP - ectopic treated with Methotrexate (sad day)
Clomid again BFP - chemical 5wks
Sonohystogram - all is ok, DH is checked - he's fine too - no explanation

6 months later

August, Clomid BFP!
Beta doubelling, YES!
5 wk u/s no gestational sac anywhere
6wk u/s same as above
7wk u/s same again, FS suggests Methotrexate based on my past history, we decide we are going to wait another 48 hours to confirm as u/s cannot see sac though also cannot see anything in tubes etc and we are hopeful that dates are slightly early, we really want this baby so we decide to wait it out.
48 hours later in the shower, tube ruptures - off to Emerg
u/s - heart beat in my r.tube (tears and unbelievable sadness)
Surgery to remove r.tube - Dr tells me after that he took my r.ovary as well as my tube was fused to my ovary with scar tissue.
Dr runs die through left tube to check its open..... blocked!

Awaiting referral to Mt. Sinai for 3 OHIP covered rounds of IVF.

Referral to Mt.Sinai October 17th (got the phone call in about a week from the time i sent the referral) !!

UPDATE ** at the time in 2015, mt sinai declined me for funded IVF I was 35 but I was too heavy, at about 350lbs.  Dr Greenblatt asked me to loose 100lbs.  Cue depression eating and fast forward 3 years, now weighing 400lbs.  

In March 2017 I had Gastic Bypass surgery and went from 388 to 205.

Started first funded cycle of IVF May 2018

Antagonist long protocol - estrace priming, gonal F, menopur, ganirelix - I ended up injecting myself for 18 days in total, at the very highest doses of all these meds.  I ended up with 3 follicles measuring 2.1, 1.9 and 1.7 before trigger.  On ER, they took out 2 mature oocytes.  They both fertilized over night and by day three, they were 8 cell and 10 cell, looking very good.  The dr's did a day 3 transfer of both, neither implanted.  Likely because they were aneuploid (abnormal).

I took a few months off to gather $15,000 for another fresh cycle that includes drugs etc... Dr Greenblatt will do a flare protocol (minimal drugs) this time and aim for quality over quantity.  Though, with one ovary and being 38 there is no fear of quantity ha ha.  I have been taking DHEA, and OVA boost in hopes to help my quality.. Also Co q 10 and multi vitamins.

It is Sept 29th and I am due to call in my day one any day.  I understand that I will do birth control priming with this cycle.  Wish me luck ladies.... If this doesnt work we will go onto donor egs. xo 

#215 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 12:18 AM

Thanks for thoughtfully answering my question. Really good food for thought. As far as you cringing and what I said.. of course i didnt mean to be insensitive... this is a fertility board and theres not sense in skirting around any issues.. we are all in the same boat. I hope our posted topic puts another DOR debating PGS with their single embryo in a better place mentally because I know it for sure helped me ❤

I should have clarified; great question BUT not for a due date thread. Better placed in a cycle thread or general IVF thread. Pregnancy post fertility treatments is already filled with anxiety so I don't need a reminder about my age and the risks. I would be more than happy to answer the question of how I made the decision to PGS test or not or do IUI etc. and how risks of genetic issues played into this. It just isn't appropriate for a due date thread in my opinion. I'm pregnant and there isn't much I can do about it now so I would really prefer no one ask me about it or highlight the risk. I am well aware of it after so many cycles of treatment. Glad I could help in some way. I would look at Facebook groups as there is a ton of information on the Ontario one about the debate over PGS testing. It is not a straight forward answer after researching it while doing treatment. Embryos do self correct and honestly, many of us just never get many embryos to day 5. If I had to cycle again I think I would do day 3 fresh transfer. I don't think my embryos do well in the lab and this pregnancy also highlights that given how few mature eggs I likely had and the conversion rate to embryos. 

Changed clinics

#216 Annababy79

Annababy79
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:08 AM

We just had our 20 week scan and baby is doing perfectly and measuring 20w5d. Our tech was awesome. She did all the measuring stuff first and then she took DH and I through a "tour" of baby and showed us everything and explained what they were looking for in terms of any issues which was great. We also got a disc with a bunch of pictures on it. 

Next midwife appointment is August 26th. 

Now DH and I are off camping for the long weekend then off to BC to visit our parents for a few weeks before we really get going on the nursery. 

@schlepp - I wasn't too sure about the registry originally either as we live far from all family except my sister so I don't expect a baby shower but once people started asking what we needed it seemed like a good idea to do it and I have already received stuff from it shipped right not my house from my bestie. 

October 2014 - MC

April 2015 - MC

October 2015 - IVF with fresh transfer of 2 day 5 embryos - BFN

February 2016 - FET of 2 day 5 embryos - chemical 

December 9 2018 - FET with 1 day 5 embryo

December 20 2018 - Beta 10

December 27 2018 - Beta 2

April 2 2019 - FET 1 4BB embryo 

April 13 2019 - th_abfp.gif HCG 422

April 19 2019 - HCG 7050

April 29 2019 - Ultrasound heart.gif 122

May 13 2019 - Ultrasound heart.gif 172

July 31 2019 - 20w ultrasound - Munchkin measuring 20w5d

#217 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:39 AM

@annababy79 - That 20 week scan must have been so affirming! I hope mine goes that well. My sister was asking when I am sending her more scan pics. We have a scan next week and I'll be close to 18 weeks. Hope to have my husband maybe take video as when I'm on my own I don't think to. He is here next week. 

People have started asking about a registry so after the 20 week (21 for me) anatomy scan I might start working on that. I just feel terrible as prices in the middle east are insane! I would feel bad with my friends back home buying things off of there. I am almost thinking I should tell my friends that have small children, if they have leftover baby gear they won't be using anymore that is suitable up to 1 year, instead of a gift maybe mail some to my husband. Not the big items but clothes, maybe baby carrier. Then he can bring it over with him. 

I also have friends here asking about throwing a shower. And then there is 1 other pregnant woman in my department and she is due around the same time as me, so our coworkers want us to do a joint shower at work. I feel awkward about all of this. My husband and I didn't have a big wedding and I'm not used to receive gifts.

Jealous of your camping trip! I am missing greenery these days as I live in the sweltering desert. We are heading to Zanzibar when my husband is here. Like a babymoon in some ways. It is pleasant 28 there and I cannot wait! Regularly 42, 52 with the humidex here. Not great for my kankles which I now have under control wearing daily compression socks.  

Changed clinics

#218 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:25 PM

Hows everyone doing? I feel like Due date is so far and so close all at the same time. We started on our baby registry and I cant wait til baby shower!
I had a few friends start talking about TTC when I first got pregnant. Well one officially started trying this past month and already got her BFP. Im so mixed in my emotions. Im mostly excited, and glad her babies will be so close in age, but a small part of me is a little bit jealous. Id never want her to deal with what I had to, but it just seems so unfair it happened to her in her first month. Its early days yet, so shes still apprehensive. Im mostly excited, but I cant shake that little nagging feeling of jealousy.
Anyways, not many places I can post about that. Im sure he feeling will wear off soon.

#219 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:19 PM

aimeehug - I get how you're feeling. People are clueless. I had someone on another non-fertility pregnancy group complain that her cousin did IVF too quickly and was now pregnant and stealing her pregnancy thunder. It enraged me to read someone passing judgment on how quickly someone does IVF. If you haven't been through it, I think you're oblivious to the struggle of others. And I too wish I wasn't out 65k and 4 years to fertility treatments. 

AFM: Since my goal due date is Dec 16, I am only at 19 weeks. I have my anatomy scan end of the month. Hope after that it will feel real..if it goes well. Then maybe I'll get a few things. Mostly used though. 

Flying home to tell my family just after the anatomy scan. I'm so big with twins I look well over 25 weeks rather than 19. My friends here are can't believe my family doesn't know. 

Changed clinics

#220 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:22 PM

Thanks schlepp. I would never begrudged someone who went through fertility treatments. Its a hard journey regardless. Ive even had some guilt that my Ivf journey was relatively easy... and thats ridiculous because it was a nightmare.
My friends beta numbers sound really good. Again Im glad we will have babies close in age. But I had a bit of a cry when I got home, just because the universe is so unfair. Oh well. I texted another friend who went through Ivf and she has a friend who told her the same thing. Is already pregnant after only one month of trying! Different person. So she totally understood how I was feeling because she was going through the exact same thing.
I watched a couple episodes of how to buy a baby on CBC. Its pretty funny and relatable. Although it reminds me of being in that horrible TTC/ivf space so I just watched a couple of episodes.

Im 26 weeks tomorrow! I cant believe it. Getting a little closer. I popped maybe two weeks ago and so only now are people starting to ask me. Im a little self-conscious about being small. Someone asked me if I was due in January. Not far off, I suppose, but my DD is Nov 29. Im also starting to have people touch my belly. Its taken me aback a little bit. I dont usually speak out, so havent said anything yet, but may need to come up with a standard please dont touch my belly message. So weird.

#221 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:46 PM

Not sure if anyone will check this but seeing if everyones had their babies now?
Im holding little Holly, born Dec 6. Its a bit surreal.

#222 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:55 AM

Not sure if anyone will check this but seeing if everyones had their babies now?
Im holding little Holly, born Dec 6. Its a bit surreal.

Just fed Nora and Edward, born Dec 17 at 36+2. Cross posting from Jan due dates below. 

Congrats on your baby!

C section went well and Nora was born 6lbs 8oz at and Edward was born at 6lbs 11oz at 36+2. Fantastic size for 36 weeks and OB was very happy. As much as I didn't want a c section it went well and really felt like our day. OB made it very family friendly. Doula came and took photos and video. Helped with breastfeeding afterwards. I actually have vidoe of each baby being born which was great as you can't see much when you're on the table. 

A couple of glitches post delivery (raging headache and blurry vision for me for 24 hours) and then Edward had a tongue tie that all nurses and lactation consultant said to get fixed. Male surgeon agreed it was there but wanted us to wait. Get home and he really can't latch. Have to run around on the 24th to find someone to fix it asap. Then he was fussy for days as it healed. We are only just getting him latching now. Nora has been a champ with feeding from the get go. But cup feeding Edward is a logistical nightmare. Have a had a few very rough nights that coincided with the baby blues hitting. Much better now but still generally exhausted. C section healing is good but have to be super careful not to use my abs or to lift things. 

We are still in awe that they're here and feel so lucky after all we went through to conceive. 

Changed clinics

#223 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:00 AM

Congrats! I hope your recovery goes well. Honestly, I cant imagine having twins! One seems like a lot of work already hahah

I had really bad baby blues for 3 weeks, which was extra hard to come to terms with because of how hard we tried to get here.
My delivery was super rough.... 48 hours of labour, my contractions never got regular because her head was tilted weird and she wasnt putting pressure on my cervix. Nothing really went according to plan. Almost had a c section as wel. But after getting 40 mg of oxy (double the usual max dose), an epidural, meconium in the water, severe dehydration, and just pure exhaustion, she was finally born.
I had an infection after, and lost a fair amount of blood, so they had to take her away from me, and I think that impacted my bonding with her. But now were good (albeit tired).
She loves to be held all day long, but at night she is an amazing sleeper on her own and overall is a really good baby... so far. Haha. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.