• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#176 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:59 AM

Aimeehug - Exciting to be sharing with everyone! My husband and I have said we won't likely make any kind of announcement on social media until, hopefully, baby/babies are born. We are both older (41 and 42) and have really fell out of love with social media. I find so much of it be fake these days and it gets tiring seeing people promote their lives as being amazing when you know them in person and know it is not like that. We also haven't shared our infertility journey outside a few of my close friends so very little of our actual life is posted online. 

We also have a lot of family to consider and since this is my husband's second marriage, his ex and his kids feelings have to be respected. If/when they find out about this I think it will not be a joyful moment. There will also be mass confusion as they know he had a vasectomy done 14 years ago and they all assumed I didn't want kids. 

Sorry if I sound negative. I am feeling nervous about my 9 week scan on Saturday. And also a bit resentful that I can't be blissfully happy and just start telling friends and family. Fertility treatments haven't definitely left their mark on me. So cautious. 

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.

#177 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, volleyball, yoga, watching TV
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:38 AM

Aimeehug - Exciting to be sharing with everyone! My husband and I have said we won't likely make any kind of announcement on social media until, hopefully, baby/babies are born. We are both older (41 and 42) and have really fell out of love with social media. I find so much of it be fake these days and it gets tiring seeing people promote their lives as being amazing when you know them in person and know it is not like that. We also haven't shared our infertility journey outside a few of my close friends so very little of our actual life is posted online. 

We also have a lot of family to consider and since this is my husband's second marriage, his ex and his kids feelings have to be respected. If/when they find out about this I think it will not be a joyful moment. There will also be mass confusion as they know he had a vasectomy done 14 years ago and they all assumed I didn't want kids. 

Sorry if I sound negative. I am feeling nervous about my 9 week scan on Saturday. And also a bit resentful that I can't be blissfully happy and just start telling friends and family. Fertility treatments haven't definitely left their mark on me. So cautious. 

That's totally fair. I had a friend who isn't big on social media, and she never posted.

I just told a couple more important people this week, and I have a bit of anxiety about it. I see my midwife today, and I so hope I hear that heart beat. I do not want to have to call everyone I need to call if something's happened.
I've been pretty open with everyone that it's an IVF baby, and I think I'll be honest on FB too. Pretty much everyone in my life is more of less supportive, so I'm not too worried about that. If anyone on FB doesn't like it, well we don't have to be friends anymore, that's fine.
I'm honestly going to put a trigger warning in front of my announcement, because it was such a trigger every time I saw someone else's pregnancy announcement, so I'm hyper aware of how painful something that should be joyous can be. And then maybe if someone else is struggling, they'll feel more comfortable reaching out to me for support if they have questions.
But I know not everyone has people who are going to be supportive, and/or don't want to answer questions, or want to keep it private and that is totally okay.
Hopefully people are more supportive for you than you anticipate, although, confusion does sound very likely!

me: 34 DH: 35 TTC since: Sep 2015

Jan 2018- Lap for Endo, and septum removal surgery

Mar-Aug 2018- 3 failed IUIs

Nov 2018- IVF...got my very first ever positive. 

Dec 19 2018- confirmed loss. at 5 weeks. cry.gif

Feb. 2019- preparing for first FET. Let's do this!

March 13, 2019- Transfer date for FET #1

March 18, 2019- turned 34 and got a squinter 5dp5dt.

March 22, 2019- Positive Beta! 

April 8, 2019- 1st ultrasound. all good except a small SCH.

#178 Annababy79

Annababy79
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:50 AM

DH and I went to an information night at the birth center I want to deliver at (DH has been a little hesitant about not delivering in a hospital). We got to see the delivery rooms and have questions answered and now DH is total on board with both being with a midwife instead of an OB and delivering at the birth center. 

We have our first appointment with our midwife on Friday and after this we're going to announce to the rest of our families (our parents know) and the rest of the wider world. 

October 2014 - MC

April 2015 - MC

October 2015 - IVF with fresh transfer of 2 day 5 embryos - BFN

February 2016 - FET of 2 day 5 embryos - chemical 

December 9 2018 - FET with 1 day 5 embryo

December 20 2018 - Beta 10

December 27 2018 - Beta 2

April 2 2019 - FET 1 4BB embryo 

April 13 2019 - th_abfp.gif HCG 422

April 19 2019 - HCG 7050

April 29 2019 - Ultrasound heart.gif 122

May 13 2019 - Ultrasound heart.gif 172

July 31 2019 - 20w ultrasound - Munchkin measuring 20w5d

#179 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:16 AM

DH and I went to an information night at the birth center I want to deliver at (DH has been a little hesitant about not delivering in a hospital). We got to see the delivery rooms and have questions answered and now DH is total on board with both being with a midwife instead of an OB and delivering at the birth center. 

We have our first appointment with our midwife on Friday and after this we're going to announce to the rest of our families (our parents know) and the rest of the wider world. 

Sounds like things are moving along! I definitely thought about doing a birth center but I think I decided the hospital since I have no idea how birth will go and I decided I liked the safety of the hospital. But man the birth center looks nice! I like the idea of a water birth.
I like my midwife and am glad I went that way so far.

Still havent made my fb announcement. Partially just havent gotten around to it. Ive also been going t bed super early frame xhaustion and now my throat is on fire :(

#180 Hypothalamus

Hypothalamus
  • 53 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:45 PM

Its interesting to hear about the birth center! We always figured wed deliver at the hospital down the road from us (being physicians we live close to work) but the way the timing worked out Im going to be moving to the US in a month. Im sure that it will work out fine, but its a little sad since we really like our OB here (he was also our RE). Its been hard balancing not wanting to make plans on everyone going well but needing to make plans because of the move.

However I got the good news yesterday that my NIPT screening test came back as low risk for everything! We are relatively young (turning 32 in Aug) so lower risk to begin with but again, because of the move, thought it would be easier to get the one and done test rather than the standard maternal serum screen since Ill have moved in between the two blood draws. We havent announced either, mostly because I want to make sure my visa stuff is sorted out first ;)

#181 Annababy79

Annababy79
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:09 PM

Sounds like things are moving along! I definitely thought about doing a birth center but I think I decided the hospital since I have no idea how birth will go and I decided I liked the safety of the hospital. But man the birth center looks nice! I like the idea of a water birth.

Still havent made my fb announcement. Partially just havent gotten around to it. Ive also been going t bed super early frame xhaustion and now my throat is on fire sad.png

DH had concerns about not birthing at the hospital but we are lucky that the hospital is only 5 minutes away so that has eased his mind and I actually feel safer at the birth center and I have more confidence in being able to have the kind of birth I want there. He also didn't realize the education that midwives have here so when he heard about it he really got on board with the idea. 

At the info session they told us that it's important for the mom to figure out where she feels the safest giving birth as that will help ease her anxiety which is important so if its a hospital for you that great. 

• schlepp likes this

October 2014 - MC

April 2015 - MC

April 19 2019 - HCG 7050

#182 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:08 PM

Still havent made my fb announcement. Partially just havent gotten around to it. Ive also been going t bed super early frame xhaustion and now my throat is on fire sad.png

DH had concerns about not birthing at the hospital but we are lucky that the hospital is only 5 minutes away so that has eased his mind and I actually feel safer at the birth center and I have more confidence in being able to have the kind of birth I want there. He also didn't realize the education that midwives have here so when he heard about it he really got on board with the idea. 

At the info session they told us that it's important for the mom to figure out where she feels the safest giving birth as that will help ease her anxiety which is important so if its a hospital for you that great. 
Closeness to hospital definitely played a factor! The hospital by the birth center is where I was born.... and its basically exactly the same hospital from the 80s. Its totally falling apart, talk about just building a new one and leaving that one because it cant even be repaired anymore..... dont really want to give birth there. So if things go bad at birth center, thats where Id need to go. So I decided Id rather just start at the hospital Id rather be at, which happens to be 5 min from my house for an added bonus.

#183 Annababy79

Annababy79
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:20 PM

Closeness to hospital definitely played a factor! The hospital by the birth center is where I was born.... and its basically exactly the same hospital from the 80s. Its totally falling apart, talk about just building a new one and leaving that one because it cant even be repaired anymore..... dont really want to give birth there. So if things go bad at birth center, thats where Id need to go. So I decided Id rather just start at the hospital Id rather be at, which happens to be 5 min from my house for an added bonus.

Yeah the hospital by the birth center where is falling apart so I'm hoping I don't need a transfer but it's also the closest hospital to us. If I was going with a hospital birth the hospital I'd want is about 30 minutes from my house in regular conditions but I'm worried about being due in December and the weather being unpredictable since I had a blood draw there last December and it took me almost 2 hours to get there from my house and I don't want to be in labour and stuck in 2 hour traffic and the birth center is only 10 minutes from my house if that. 

• Aimeehug likes this

October 2014 - MC

April 2015 - MC

April 19 2019 - HCG 7050

#184 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:32 AM

So jealous of the birth centre option. If I was in Toronto still and having a singleton, that would be my first choice. I'm so grossed out with hospitals and to quote Jim Gaffigan 'Who doesn't want to give birth wearing a gown someone died in yesterday?'. 

100% agree with going with what you feel most comfortable with AFTER educating yourself. Someone I know basically thought midwives were the equivalent of doulas. My sister had 2 of her 3 at home and I was there for part of the first one. They arrive with luggage. Like full kit and meds. If you're low risk and comfortable with it, I think midwives are a great option no matter where you want to deliver. 

AFM: Still too early for me to be even thinking about where I would deliver. But here in the middle east you pick an OB and then that OB only delivers at a certain hospital. So I am not sure I want to narrow the OB search based on a hospital as I really want a UK trained OB. Luckily it is mostly private insurance here so I've been told the hospitals are very nice. I am going for two OB consults next week, one of which they're assuming an ultrasound is done. Hoping I get more info on the NIPT options here for twins. 

• Aimeehug likes this

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

Changed clinics

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

#185 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:44 AM

Yeah the hospital by the birth center where is falling apart so I'm hoping I don't need a transfer but it's also the closest hospital to us. If I was going with a hospital birth the hospital I'd want is about 30 minutes from my house in regular conditions but I'm worried about being due in December and the weather being unpredictable since I had a blood draw there last December and it took me almost 2 hours to get there from my house and I don't want to be in labour and stuck in 2 hour traffic and the birth center is only 10 minutes from my house if that. 

Yes! That makes a lot of sense. For us the opposite is true. The hospital I like is 5 minutes away, and birth center is at least 20 minutes....and in bad weather/traffic, prob more. That played a factor in this decision as well. You'll have to let us know how it goes. If my birth isn't too bad, I might opt for birth center next time, assuming I want to get pregnant again/can get pregnant again (I hate that I have to think about that second half being an option, but it's definitely at the back of my mind).

#186 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:46 AM

So jealous of the birth centre option. If I was in Toronto still and having a singleton, that would be my first choice. I'm so grossed out with hospitals and to quote Jim Gaffigan 'Who doesn't want to give birth wearing a gown someone died in yesterday?'. 

100% agree with going with what you feel most comfortable with AFTER educating yourself. Someone I know basically thought midwives were the equivalent of doulas. My sister had 2 of her 3 at home and I was there for part of the first one. They arrive with luggage. Like full kit and meds. If you're low risk and comfortable with it, I think midwives are a great option no matter where you want to deliver. 

AFM: Still too early for me to be even thinking about where I would deliver. But here in the middle east you pick an OB and then that OB only delivers at a certain hospital. So I am not sure I want to narrow the OB search based on a hospital as I really want a UK trained OB. Luckily it is mostly private insurance here so I've been told the hospitals are very nice. I am going for two OB consults next week, one of which they're assuming an ultrasound is done. Hoping I get more info on the NIPT options here for twins. 

I used to be pretty ignorant on midwives too, but they're becoming more popular here, and my cousin is a doula and educated me on them. I like my midwife, she's a little rushed sometimes, but mostly attentive.
I considered a home birth, but I have a giant, reactive dog and two cats, and it just doesn't sound comfortable at all to me haha! It's too bad, because it would be a great option because we're only 5 minutes from the hospital I like, if something does go wrong. But I can just imagine Pip barking and going crazy and stressing me out.

#187 Annababy79

Annababy79
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:34 AM

I used to be pretty ignorant on midwives too, but they're becoming more popular here, and my cousin is a doula and educated me on them. I like my midwife, she's a little rushed sometimes, but mostly attentive.
I considered a home birth, but I have a giant, reactive dog and two cats, and it just doesn't sound comfortable at all to me haha! It's too bad, because it would be a great option because we're only 5 minutes from the hospital I like, if something does go wrong. But I can just imagine Pip barking and going crazy and stressing me out.

We have a dog that does not do well with strangers in the house so I can't imagine giving birth at home with the dog stressed out and wanting to be pressed against me for comfort the whole time. 

DH was the same way, he assumed that midwives would basically just catch the baby and couldn't do anything medical i.e. intubate the baby, stitch, etc. so he was really surprised when he heard that they could at the info session. 

October 2014 - MC

April 2015 - MC

April 19 2019 - HCG 7050

#188 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:09 AM

Well. I just went FB and IG official. Even though Ive already told all the people I. Care about, somehow hitting that share button was really hard. I thought I had already made it real when I told tons of family and friends on various occasions. But maybe this was next level real??
And then. When the first likes and congrats started coming in, I started crying. And wasnt totally sure why. I think just all the years of struggles hit me and I just remembered how hard it was to get here.
I did share with them that its an ivf baby and after years of infertility. Maybe someone else who is struggling will see that and feel ok reaching out to me. Maybe not. Never know.

#189 Annababy79

Annababy79
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:08 PM

@Aimeehug - We went FB public after our midwife appointment on Friday and it was nice to be able to share this with our friends and extended family. 

AFM - Friday we had our first midwife appointment and it was great. We both really like her and she was able to answer all of our questions. Afterwards DH said this was the best decision we ever made. 

Because I have a previous thyroid issue she does want me to have my thyroid checked every 6 weeks so I had to go to my GP to get a requisition for that and he does not seem impressed that we have gone with a midwife. He tried to push the nuchal scan which we had decided not to do since we are low risk for chromosomal abnormalities. Told me that it is the standard of care to get it done. I basically told him that with a midwife we get to make informed decision about all of the test available and we have done so. He asked if I wanted an OB referral just in case. I told him no. 

Now it's just waiting for our 20 week ultrasound and next midwife appointment. 

Hope everyone else if doing great. 

October 2014 - MC

April 2015 - MC

April 19 2019 - HCG 7050

#190 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:41 PM

@Aimeehug - We went FB public after our midwife appointment on Friday and it was nice to be able to share this with our friends and extended family. 

AFM - Friday we had our first midwife appointment and it was great. We both really like her and she was able to answer all of our questions. Afterwards DH said this was the best decision we ever made. 

Because I have a previous thyroid issue she does want me to have my thyroid checked every 6 weeks so I had to go to my GP to get a requisition for that and he does not seem impressed that we have gone with a midwife. He tried to push the nuchal scan which we had decided not to do since we are low risk for chromosomal abnormalities. Told me that it is the standard of care to get it done. I basically told him that with a midwife we get to make informed decision about all of the test available and we have done so. He asked if I wanted an OB referral just in case. I told him no. 

Good things are going well. Just curious why opt out of nuchal scan? For me it was another opportunity to see baby! Our midwife gave us the choice too, and she recommended it, it just never occurred to me not to do it.

#191 Annababy79

Annababy79
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:20 AM

Good things are going well. Just curious why opt out of nuchal scan? For me it was another opportunity to see baby! Our midwife gave us the choice too, and she recommended it, it just never occurred to me not to do it.

After my first 2 ultrasounds I'm excited to hear the baby's heartbeat at my appointments but ultrasounds aren't something I'm totally into. If it was just up to me I'd probably not have another one, we don't want to find out what we are having and I'm worried about the tech accidentally telling us. 

In terms of the nuchal scan it could really only tell us if there is a possibility which would mean spending money on an expensive test or an amnio which I refuse to do or wait until the baby is born and in the end it would not make any difference in any decision we made so from that perspective it did not mean anything and there is also a chance of a false positive. 

We also used donor eggs so the chances of chromosomal abnormalities was low to begin with and since my sister is the donor we know both family histories and there is no chromosomal abnormalities in any of our immediate or extended family so the risks are very low. 

With all of the procedures that we've been through to get to this point I want as medically free pregnancy as possible. Obviously if things change along the way we will adjust but so far everything is going so well that the only test we are planning at this point is the 20 week ultrasound at the end of July.

October 2014 - MC

April 2015 - MC

April 19 2019 - HCG 7050

#192 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:23 AM

Aimeehug - Yay to being 'out' with your pregnancy!

Annababy79 - I cringe at the bias your GP is showing. My sister had the same thing with our family dr. It became a real stand off for her first. 

Speaking of testing, I finally saw an OB today (rather than random OBGYN at health care clinic) and will see another tomorrow (you meet a few here and then pick). The one today I really liked. She was much more accurate with the measurements. They're at 10w+5d which is actually a few days ahead. Gives me some confidence. And finally got their heart rates at 169 and 180. Estimated due date since there are two is around December 16/17 at 37 weeks. OB already told me I would likely need to stop work at 34 weeks. 

I didn't even have to ask and the OB was writing up the referral for the 12 week scan and NIPT. Still not sure which NIPT I'll be able to do as there are two but they have Harmony, Panorama or Genesis at the clinic my referral is for for the scan and blood test. The test is in 2.5 weeks and I'm excited as my husband will be in town and be able to be there for them. At 41 I am obviously nervous for the results.  

I always thought I didn't want to know the gender but I think that was when I was having one. The OB almost told me the gender of one today and was thankful she asked before telling. My husband and I discussed it and if the genetic testing goes well we think we'll find out but not tell anyone. Might be easier planning wise for us. 

Still nauseous but got back to the gym. Which helps with the nausea as I get up at 5am those mornings, eat and take 1/2 a pill. Those days I seem to be ahead of the nausea whereas this morning with a 6:15 wakeup I was not and it was a long day of it. 

• Aimeehug likes this

Changed clinics

#193 Annababy79

Annababy79
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:54 PM

@schlepp - I'm not really concerned as I won't be seeing the GP during this pregnancy unless I need to adjust my thyroid meds. I also don't really care about the GPs opinion. I use him for requisitioning tests I want and getting my thyroid meds refilled. Generally I end up having to be the more educated of the two of us. 

Glad that everything is going well for you. Looks like our due dates are very close. 

October 2014 - MC

April 2015 - MC

April 19 2019 - HCG 7050

#194 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:45 AM

Annababy- ok I see. Yea, I'd pay for the NIPT before I went to an amnio, would avoid that if I could. Fortunately, we screened low for everything, so don't have to do any more testing.

I've already got some judgement/opinions thrown at me, which I wasn't expecting. I have some pseudo family, kind of like parents, but they are very medical model (he's a doctor)and conservative. They were a bit shocked I had a midwife, and the pseudo mom, C, asked "but you're delivering in a hospital right?" I just said I was, and didn't dare tell her I had considered the birth center. lol.

I also told her I had a SCH and she told her husband, who now thinks I'm high risk, and thinks I need an OB instead of a midwife, and I shouldn't travel to BC this summer, as it's a long drive. I tried explaining that i'm not high risk, and the SCH is healed, and i like my midwife, but I can tell they're not happy. Oh well. I assured them I'd check with my midwife that I'd be okay to travel.

It was funny, because as she was giving me advice to see an OB instead, she told me about a nurse who chided her while she was in labour because she mentioned she wanted to circumcise if it was a boy. Now, I'm not going to get into a circumcision debate, and I have strong feelings about it too, but how about we not chastise a mom and give unsolicited advice while she's in labour. But DH laughed because C was complaining about being given advice, while simultaneously giving me advice.

#195 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:47 AM

Aimeehug - Yay to being 'out' with your pregnancy!

Annababy79 - I cringe at the bias your GP is showing. My sister had the same thing with our family dr. It became a real stand off for her first. 

Speaking of testing, I finally saw an OB today (rather than random OBGYN at health care clinic) and will see another tomorrow (you meet a few here and then pick). The one today I really liked. She was much more accurate with the measurements. They're at 10w+5d which is actually a few days ahead. Gives me some confidence. And finally got their heart rates at 169 and 180. Estimated due date since there are two is around December 16/17 at 37 weeks. OB already told me I would likely need to stop work at 34 weeks. 

I didn't even have to ask and the OB was writing up the referral for the 12 week scan and NIPT. Still not sure which NIPT I'll be able to do as there are two but they have Harmony, Panorama or Genesis at the clinic my referral is for for the scan and blood test. The test is in 2.5 weeks and I'm excited as my husband will be in town and be able to be there for them. At 41 I am obviously nervous for the results.  

I always thought I didn't want to know the gender but I think that was when I was having one. The OB almost told me the gender of one today and was thankful she asked before telling. My husband and I discussed it and if the genetic testing goes well we think we'll find out but not tell anyone. Might be easier planning wise for us. 

Still nauseous but got back to the gym. Which helps with the nausea as I get up at 5am those mornings, eat and take 1/2 a pill. Those days I seem to be ahead of the nausea whereas this morning with a 6:15 wakeup I was not and it was a long day of it. 

I admire your dedication with exercise when you're ill. I've been slacking. Too afraid to go to yoga in case I throw up. i'm not a morning person at all, so exercise would be in evening, and I'm always worse/tired in the evening. Took a good nap yesterday and still went to bed at a regular time.
I am starting to feel a little less naseous, but then I caught a cold, and still recovering, so exercise is still hard to do. Maybe I'll do some stairs today, and some weights at home.

#196 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:57 AM

I have been so exhausted lately. I'm 17 and 4, and just want to sleep all the time. I thought second trimester wasn't supposed to be so tiring. I've been taking naps every single day, and still going to bed at an appropriate time. Anyone else so tired?

#197 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:01 AM

aimeehug - I am finding myself with a little more energy although my sleep has gone from coma like to crazy dreams. The dreams do not make me feel rested. And I symptom analyze constantly and always wonder if this means something. But I am only at around 11.5 weeks. I think?

AFM: I did my NIPT blood test today and should get the results in 5-10 business days. Next week I'm duing the 12 week scan to check nuchleal fold. My OB said just to do NIPT but today I said I was just too anxious to stick with one. And there is a risk the NIPT comes back inconclusive due to it being twins. So I don't want to miss the window on this.

You guys are so sure of your dates but do you go by the dating ultrasound or what you know to be correct based on the FET date? I did IUI (from my converted IVF) but am so confused on what the 'real date' is. I was technically measuring 3 days ahead at my last scan. So confusing. 

• Aimeehug likes this

Changed clinics

#198 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:31 AM

Schlepp, they didn't give me my Due date until I had an ultrasound, but it's completely inline with what I would get if we consider the IVF timeline. I think the embryo at the time measured smaller, but they still went with the FET date. I was reading most FTM end up delivering at 41 weeks, so I'm assuming I'm going to have a December baby, even though I'm due Nov 29. But I have just a singleton.

I've had so many crazy dreams this pregnancy, it's bizarre. Less so lately, I'd say, I've gone the opposite direction- now going into coma like sleeps. Although I started using a body pillow recently, to try to avoid sleeping on my back, and I'm finding it hard to get used to, and I keep waking up to readjust around it. I might not use it tonight. I'm not showing yet, so it's not providing a lot of comfort.

Speaking of worrying of symptoms, I've definitely had increased anxiety lately. Maybe because the nausea is lessening (which I am so so thankful for, I was so sick of throwing up daily), but the one good thing about that was it was a constant reminder I was pregnant. I still do feel nauseous often, so I guess I still have that symptom, and it's normal for it to lessen around this time. I also have no baby belly yet, and I don't really think I've felt it move. A couple of time I thought I might have felt something weird, but it's really subtle and inconsistent, so I'm not sure. I know that's normal to for 17 weeks, but I just want to have some more signs I'm pregnant.
I have my group midwife appointment tomorrow, and I feel like I'm going to be the only one without a bump. I'll probably be the last one due, since I'm due at the end of November, so I'll be with ladies who are 18-21 weeks, who all will probably be showing, and I think I may feel self-conscious about that. But I am excited to meet people IRL who are due around the same time as me. That'll be exciting.

#199 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:31 PM

Its a girl!!! Anatomy scan went well. Im feeling so happy and relieved!
  • schlepp and Daisy.Eriksen like this

#200 Annababy79

Annababy79
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:10 PM

@Aimeehug - I just shut people down who start offering opinions. I'm not really interested in other peoples opinions on my pregnancy or our plans for the birth on how we plan to raise our child so anyone who tries to offer advice gets a very firm "That's nice but we're not looking for advice or opinions"

I'm 17w today and I finally see the start of a baby bump instead of just looking fat. I have my first group appointment on the 29th and my 20w ultrasound on the 31st. 

@schlepp - I have had totally crazy dreams since the start of the second trimester too. 

I'm basing my due date on the FET info and so far the first two ultrasounds munchkin measured right on track with that so we will see what the next one will show. 

AFM - DH and I went to BC for his Granny's funeral at the end of June and it was nice to see his extended family for the first time since we went public with munchkin and they were all so excited. 

I really want to get started on the nursery but the room that is going to be the nursery is currently acting as the storage room for all of the stuff from our deck because our building is currently being painted and we were told it would take 1 week and we are currently on week 2 and apparently they said they were going to be done today but I just took a look outside and there are a bunch of spots that are not done or need touching up so it is going to be at least another week and we are going to be away for most of August in BC so I was hoping to be able to get started before we left on holidays UGGGHHHHHH.

October 2014 - MC

April 2015 - MC

April 19 2019 - HCG 7050