#126 BengalMom

BengalMom
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Hannam/Greece

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

I find the timing of stopping estrogen and PIO so odd. You'd think there'd be just one way to do it. My clinic here wants me to stay on both until week 12, but that seems to be late compared to everyone else!

We had another scan today and everything looked really good! We have one more scan at week 10 before we're discharged from the clinic. I'll enjoy the break of not going! Each visit takes me a solid 2.5-3.5 hours. 

Aimee - congrats on getting released into the "real world"!

#127 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, volleyball, yoga, watching TV
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:21 PM

Thanks Bengalmom! And hooray for a good ultrasound

I saw my midwife today and got to hear babys heart beat! Amazing.

me: 34 DH: 35 TTC since: Sep 2015

Jan 2018- Lap for Endo, and septum removal surgery

Mar-Aug 2018- 3 failed IUIs

Nov 2018- IVF...got my very first ever positive. 

Dec 19 2018- confirmed loss. at 5 weeks. cry.gif

Feb. 2019- preparing for first FET. Let's do this!

March 13, 2019- Transfer date for FET #1

March 18, 2019- turned 34 and got a squinter 5dp5dt.

March 22, 2019- Positive Beta! 

April 8, 2019- 1st ultrasound. all good except a small SCH.

#128 Esterk2002

Esterk2002
  • Global 100+
  • 105 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 05 May 2019 - 10:03 AM

Welcome BengalMom!
I stopped estrace and endometrin at 10 weeks. I was nervous about it but i did what i was asked to do and have to trust my clinic. I will take baby aspirin until 12 weeks.
After being released from fertility clinic i went to my family doctor and she referred me to OBGYN. I have been waiting for their call but nothing yet. I will be 12 weeks next week and it feels kind of strange not knowing what my next step is and kind of lonely. I almost miss my fertility clinic:)
Ladies who have been taking diclectin before- how long do you take it? I have been taking it for a week and half now and it really helps. I keep reading that it gets better after 12 weeks? Did it get better for you?
2018: 3 failed IUIs
January 2019 IVF+ ICSI+CCS: 24 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 biopsied and frozen blastocysts: 2 normals, 2 abnormals and 2 mosaic
FET #1 February/March 2019:
March 4- transferred one 5AA embryo - BFP (10dp5dt) Beta #1: 163 (11dp5dt) #2 (6 days later): 3099
April 2- 1st u/s: 6w4d, hb: 120 bpm
April 16- 2nd u/s: 8w5d, hb:167 bpm
April 17- embryo gender results: XY
EDD: Nov. 20th, 2019

#129 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:36 PM

Welcome BengalMom!
I stopped estrace and endometrin at 10 weeks. I was nervous about it but i did what i was asked to do and have to trust my clinic. I will take baby aspirin until 12 weeks.
After being released from fertility clinic i went to my family doctor and she referred me to OBGYN. I have been waiting for their call but nothing yet. I will be 12 weeks next week and it feels kind of strange not knowing what my next step is and kind of lonely. I almost miss my fertility clinic:)
Ladies who have been taking diclectin before- how long do you take it? I have been taking it for a week and half now and it really helps. I keep reading that it gets better after 12 weeks? Did it get better for you?

Diclectin has t helped me all that much. But I still take it in case its worse without it. I throw up daily. And feel naseous almost all day. Im 10w2d and I have found Im getting more moments without nausea dnd yesterday I didnt throw up or dry heave at all! I threw up this morning though, so not out of the clear but I do think its getting mildly better.
Im going to my doctor to get a letter for travel insurance and were hoping to cancel our Italy trip because of how awful Ive felt :(

#130 Esterk2002

Esterk2002
  • Global 100+
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:45 PM

Welcome BengalMom!

Diclectin has t helped me all that much. But I still take it in case its worse without it. I throw up daily. And feel naseous almost all day. Im 10w2d and I have found Im getting more moments without nausea dnd yesterday I didnt throw up or dry heave at all! I threw up this morning though, so not out of the clear but I do think its getting mildly better.
Im going to my doctor to get a letter for travel insurance and were hoping to cancel our Italy trip because of how awful Ive felt :(
I am so sorry you have to cancel your trip. But i get it- if you feel like crap all day long what’s the point? I just read in one of the pregnancy web pages that around 11 weeks is a good time to start planning a babymoon because you will start feeling so much better. I have no energy! I would still sleep all day and night long if i could! I don’t want to go anywhere! I feelsorry for my husband for not doing anything together. I justgo to work, eat and sleep:(
So, Aimeehug- hang in there! I am with you!
January 2019 IVF+ ICSI+CCS: 24 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 biopsied and frozen blastocysts: 2 normals, 2 abnormals and 2 mosaic
March 4- transferred one 5AA embryo - BFP (10dp5dt) Beta #1: 163 (11dp5dt) #2 (6 days later): 3099

#131 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:58 PM

Welcome BengalMom!

I am so sorry you have to cancel your trip. But i get it- if you feel like crap all day long whats the point? I just read in one of the pregnancy web pages that around 11 weeks is a good time to start planning a babymoon because you will start feeling so much better. I have no energy! I would still sleep all day and night long if i could! I dont want to go anywhere! I feelsorry for my husband for not doing anything together. I justgo to work, eat and sleep:(
So, Aimeehug- hang in there! I am with you!
Thanks. I keep imagining baby in my arms to help me through. I will be 12 weeks when we are supposed to go. And yesterday I felt so much better, I thought maybe I was premature in cancelling. But Ive already thrown up twice today now, and evenings are always the worse, so I dont expect this to get better today. I feel like a bit of a waste of life. I dont want to do anything. I hope it is better soon.

#132 soso43

soso43
  • 46 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Barbados fertility Center

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:08 AM

Hello everyone. Good to see everyone is doing well...

Aimeehug - I had to cancel my plans to go to France in August to visit my husband's family. I would be 23 weeks pregnant. Because it's considered a pregnancy with a risk of complications I don't want to be travelling so far at that point, and I feel my MIL is nervous to have me come to her house too, in case anything happens. His family will come for the delivery. Because I don't want to penalize my older kids this summer, i am planning a trip in an all-inclusive late June.(17 weeks). I'll check with my doctor to see if that would be ok.
Any of you ever travelled to Cuba or Mexico whilel pregnant? 

I also graduated from my satellite clinic. I am seeing my OB next Monday. She specializes in multiple pregnancies. I can't wait to get answers to the many questions I have. 

Me:43 / H:43

2 daughters 13 and 10 (first marriage)

TTC 2 years with new partner. Problem: egg quality, age

2018: Miscarried at 6 weeks (natural pregnancy)

February: start of fresh IVF#1 with donor eggs in Barbados

March 27: transfer of 2 5-day blastocysts (2 frozen for next time)

8dp5dt: hpt th_abfp.gif

9dp5dt: first beta (188)

12dp5dt: 2nd beta (616)

April 26: 7w ultrasound: TWINS babyboy.gif babyboy.gif !! 

Official Due date: December 12, 2019

Planned delivery: Betw nov 13-nov 20, 2019

#133 BengalMom

BengalMom
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Hannam/Greece

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:55 AM

I was away this weekend for an out-of-town wedding. Our flight was delayed by over 24 hours and I felt myself freaking out a bit at the airport. I can definitely understand the reluctance to travel. I told my husband that we need to re-think our summer plans. He wants to go on multiple road trips and flights. I'm sure I'll feel better later on, but at the moment, I'm just so exhausted it's hard enough getting up and going to work every day!

#134 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:53 PM

I just hope the insurance will consider my extreme nausea a pregnancy complication and give me my money back. It would suck to lose that money. Im still waiting to get my letter from my doctor. It was supposed to be done yesterday but I called today and it was still not done.

Is there still any worry about Zika in Mexico? We were talking about traveling somewhere more relaxing later in pregnancy if I fee better, but were thinking like Hawaii.

#135 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:24 PM

Ugh, I haven't had any bleeding in a while, and thought things were going well, and then I saw some brown on my pantiliner today. It was light, so I'm hoping it's still just that hematoma, but I'vve been feeling relatively more positive and less anxious, and this is just sending me back to anxiety. 

I still have a lot of symptoms. 
I'm also stressed about my doctor's note. He filled out the form wrong initiall, and I had to get him to change it twice, because he put that I was aware of my condition and I wasn't able to travel when I booked my flight. Which wasn't fully true. I was told I could travel then, and I just had nausea, no vomitting. He fixed it, but he still has I was taking medication for the condition, (I was taking diclectin then, but again, it was for normal nausea in pregnancy, not this crazy daily vomitting I'm going through) but he didn't write any clarifying notes. I hope insurance covers my trip, but I'm going to stress about it for weeks now until they approve or deny it. 

#136 infertilesoil

infertilesoil
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:29 PM

Hey Everyone, I know its been a long time since I have posted. I was reading through all of the posts and its great to see so many of you doing well, seeing your little babies on the ultrasounds, growing fetuses and discharges woot woot. I went for my appointment last week Friday and all is well on this side - baby's hr measured at 160 and gestation was 7 weeks 3 days so I am 8 weeks 3 days today just a couple days behind schedule which is totally fine. All day nausea is killing me and I am trying to eat all the time so I don't feel as awful. My clinic discharged me after my appointment which is great but sucks as I won't see the lil one until my 12 week ultrasound. 

DX: Primary Ovarian Insufficiency - never had a period - EVER | DEIVF Aug 2015 - transferred 2 embryos,  resulted in BFN | 1 frosty 

#137 soso43

soso43
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:15 AM

Aimeehug, I had some brown spotting too, very lightly, and my doctor told me it was ok as long as I don't have severe cramps and abundant red bleeding. I know it's not easy but try to keep the stress down. 

Infertilesoil, good to hear everything is going well with your little bean. Nice heartbeat. 

AFM, i had a scan yesterday at 9 weeks, and the babies are doing great. One was measuring at 9w and the other 9w1day. One of them was moving during the ultrasound. It was great! 

I have my first appointment with my OB Monday. I'll know when my next scans will be but i heard that for twins they plan a scan every month until 32w and then it,s every 2 weeks. 

#138 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

Congrats on being discharged from clinic Infertilesoil! Hopefully the weeks fly by till the ultrasound. Its been a couple weeks since Ive seen my bean, but I go again Thursday Ill be 11wk6days.
Also, how lovey to have seen them! Thats great they do so many scans with twins. Hopefully that will help to see them so often. I cant believe how much waiting between ultrasounds I have to do.
I did mention the spotting to my midwife and she thinks its just the SCH. Well see for sure on Thursday at the next scan how things are going.

The nausea seems to be getting a bit better. I usually have a good portion of the day where I dont feel nauseous finally but by late afternoon and evening, it comes back full force. And I still throw up at least once a day. (Although none on Friday! Woot!). Im not sure if its bexause Im getting closer to 2nd trimester or if its cuz I upped my diclectin. Im supposed to go back to work Friday, well see how that goes

#139 Esterk2002

Esterk2002
  • Global 100+
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:42 PM

I started feeling a little bit better on thursday (12 weeks) and was so excited about it! Took only 2 diclectins on friday (usually take 4) - unfortunatelly felt very nauseaus friday night and saturday morning, so, i went back to 4 a day. I guess i’m not ready yet.
I still haven’t heard back from my obgyn that i was refferred by my family doctor. She said they will call me in 2 weeks or so (it was 2 weeks on thursday) but nothing yet. I had one scan at almost 7 weeks and 2nd one at almost 9 weeks in my fertility clinic and nothing after that! I feel like they have forgotten about me?!

#140 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:02 PM

I started feeling a little bit better on thursday (12 weeks) and was so excited about it! Took only 2 diclectins on friday (usually take 4) - unfortunatelly felt very nauseaus friday night and saturday morning, so, i went back to 4 a day. I guess im not ready yet.
I still havent heard back from my obgyn that i was refferred by my family doctor. She said they will call me in 2 weeks or so (it was 2 weeks on thursday) but nothing yet. I had one scan at almost 7 weeks and 2nd one at almost 9 weeks in my fertility clinic and nothing after that! I feel like they have forgotten about me?!

Is it worth following up? Youll need to do the prescreening stuff soon ish.

Speaking of which, I was really okay with paying out of pocket for the NIPT test, but my midwife said it wasnt necessary unless the first prescreen came back with something. But Ive been reading and they dont usually recommend doing both, and the prenatal screen has a much higher false positive rate. I have the nuchal booked and already did some of the bloodwork, but Im a little annoyed that my midwife didnt really explain my options very well.

#141 soso43

soso43
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:59 AM

My ob didn't offer me the NIPT test either. I have my nuchal booked and we'll go into more testing if the results aren't good. 

I had my first visit with my OB. She's very nice and attentive. So I am allowed to workout out but only low impact, a little bit of weight training, walking etc. yess!!...Now let's see if I have the energy to workout out!lool! I am  soo exhausted at the end of the day. 

Also she told me she never goes over 36-37 weeks for twins because of high risk of all kinds of complications. So although my official due date is Dec.13, if the babies don't come earlier she'll induce me betw. Nov 13 and Nov 20th. I forgot to ask if they'll have to go into NICU or not. Both my girls were born at 9 pounds, so hopefully these two will be big enough to avoid the NICU. happy.png

#142 JYO

JYO
  • Global 100+
  • 117 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:ONE Burlington

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:03 AM

Esterk- have you heard anything from the OB yet? That sounds frustrating to be left in limbo!

Sounds like things are progressing well for everyone! Congrats on being discharged from your clinics and seeing your midwives/OBs!

We had our last ultrasound at our fertility clinic this week (10w2d on Tuesday but were measuring 10w4d) and were discharged. We have our 2nd appointment with the midwife next week and are hoping to hear the HB with the Doppler :)

#143 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

Soso- hopefully you have good sized babies who wont need the NICU

Just had my NT scan. They said they were ok with the measurements, so hoping that means Im low risk.

JYO- congrats on being discharged. Itll be so exciting when you hear the heart beat!

I go back to work tomorrow after a month of being useless. Nausea seems a little better but its pretty sporadic. Im going off work again if my vomitting happens randomly while Im in appointments. I cant do therapy if Im throwing up. Hopefully it wont come to that though.

#144 Esterk2002

Esterk2002
  • Global 100+
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:36 AM

I called my OB office on Monday and they said they have not received my referral! My family doctor told me they faxed it April 25th! And my fertilitly clinic said the same! Unbelievable! Don’t they have to follow up the next day or so to make sure everything went through? Not sure how it works. But i know forsure now that always call and make sure everything got sent and received.
My appointment is May 28th. I haven’t had any bloodwork or scans done since i was 8 weeks. I am 13 weeks now. Does anybody know do i need to do NT scan, NIPT etc. if my embryo was already PGT-A & CCS normal?

#145 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

I called my OB office on Monday and they said they have not received my referral! My family doctor told me they faxed it April 25th! And my fertilitly clinic said the same! Unbelievable! Dont they have to follow up the next day or so to make sure everything went through? Not sure how it works. But i know forsure now that always call and make sure everything got sent and received.
My appointment is May 28th. I havent had any bloodwork or scans done since i was 8 weeks. I am 13 weeks now. Does anybody know do i need to do NT scan, NIPT etc. if my embryo was already PGT-A & CCS normal?

Omg Esterk! Thats so frustrating. From what I understand PGS doesnt test for all the same things and can miss things. I would still do prenatal screening. But you have to do it like ASAP. Call the OB and explain the situation and see if they can figure out how to get you the screening. Id prob just do the Nuchal and regular prescreening if theyre Pgs tested, unless NIPT is covered for you.
Im so frustrated for you.

AFM. Im back at work for the first time in a month. A part of me is glad because I felt useless and like a lump at home. But a little overwhelmed and not sure if Ill make it. Wel see if I can get through some days without vomitting.

I had a moment of sadness though. Im so grateful to be pregnant. I would not take it back at all. I will deal with these side effects. But I was supposed to leave for Italy today. And so I had a bit of a cry that my dream vacay is cancelled and instead Im stuck at work feeling nauseous.
But like I said, I will manage if it means healthy baby. Just feeing a little sad I couldnt have one of those easy breezy pregnancies and couldnt be on my trip today.

#146 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:00 PM

Just thought Id do a check in and see how everyones doing

#147 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:04 PM

So Im in the ED because of a bad vaginal infection. I saw my GP and she sent me in. Its a 4 hour wait and Im anxious and worried that the baby got the infection and urgh.

#148 Annababy79

Annababy79
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:08 PM

Just reading through the posts to see how everyone is doing. 

We had our second ultrasound May 13th and heart rate was 172 and measuring right on schedule so we have graduated from our clinic. I still have to take some meds until week 12.

We also have our first midwife appointment booked for June 14th and a info session on the birth center on June 5th. 

October 2014 - MC

April 2015 - MC

October 2015 - IVF with fresh transfer of 2 day 5 embryos - BFN

February 2016 - FET of 2 day 5 embryos - chemical 

December 9 2018 - FET with 1 day 5 embryo

December 20 2018 - Beta 10

December 27 2018 - Beta 2

April 2 2019 - FET 1 4BB embryo 

April 13 2019 - th_abfp.gif HCG 422

April 19 2019 - HCG 7050

April 29 2019 - Ultrasound heart.gif 122

May 13 2019 - Ultrasound heart.gif 172

July 31 2019 - 20w ultrasound - Munchkin measuring 20w5d

#149 Esterk2002

Esterk2002
  • Global 100+
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:33 PM

Aimeehug- i hope everything is ok with you and the baby! Please keep us posted!
I went back to my family doctor and complained about “my situation” . She basically said why i didn’t go back to her sooner!?!? I was so upset- she was the one who told me to go home and wait for a call from my OB and then somehow didn’t send in my referral!
She sent me in for a bloodwork but it is already too late for NT scan now -i am over 14 weeks. My OB appointment is next tuesday and i am really hoping he is more knowledgeable and caring than my family doctor.

#150 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:48 PM

omg esterk. I cant believe that.

My GP May have overreacted. I dont know. Ive been on the hospital for over 7 hours now and still waiting. We did an ultrasound of baby and baby is fine so that is a huge relief.
Waiting for another pelvic exam and another swab and then prob go home? Unless they also get freaked out by the amount and colour of discharge and think its more serious. But no temp, and blood work so far looks good.