874 replies to this topic

#851 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 241 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Ottawa fertility clinic

Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:06 PM

Yaena, hoping the bleeding subsided for you. My sister in law bled until 28 weeks and every time she thought for sure it was bad news, and she has 6 year old twin girls

BT- I cant believe tomorrow is the day you finally get to meet your beautiful babies! I wish you all the best with your c section tomorrow and for a healthy and smooth recovery ♥️♥️

#852 BTGirl

BTGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:57 PM

Congratulations Dorothy and Toto! Fingers crossed for a great first ultrasound! 

YeanaSK! Don't worry, there is a statistically higher chance of suffering from a subchorionic hematoma following IVF. You have seen the heart beat. It is measuring on track. Maybe your little Embybaby decided to embed in a blood vessel for extra nutrients and that is why there is some bleeding as it grows and digs in? Stay calm. Stay patient. Stay sane:) 

MrsCann - Fingers crossed for no more eventful news! You're getting closer! 

Queen - Man blood pressure problems suck. I used to run 30 k a week, and now I"m taking 600 mg of beta blockers a day (I got upped again on Saturday at my last hospital monitoring appointment). They keep asking me how I am feeling, and I am feeling horrible with all these extra medications and the fact that I am now as round as I am tall..... I hope you have smooth sailing until your delivery! 

AFM - Tomorrow is the day! I'm nervous about Lil B and her growth, but overall I'm not worried about the c-section. I figured if I can survive egg retrieval without enough fentanyl and feel every time they aspirated a follicle, then how much worse can it be to go through a living autopsy? .... Today was so strange for my husband and I. Its weird knowing that your babies are coming tomorrow, and this is your last day as just the two of you as a family unit together before everything completely changes. Most people have a surprise (!) baby is coming I'm in labour moment..... Fingers crossed for tomorrow:) 

Happy holidays and a restful week to all!:) 

• MrsCann and DorothyandToto like this

#853 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:06 PM

Thanks MrsCann and BT! The bleeding finally stopped 100% today (no red, no other colors). I have felt pretty confident today though, after having the most insane vivid dream last night (involving a space ship, a truck, and a shovel - long story!). Then I basically woke up puking so - I feel like it was this embaby telling me to hang in there, she's ok. (I have been calling her a she, but of course have no idea yet.) I haven't decided yet if I will call my clinic and let them know about this latest round of bleeding or not. I just don't want to go for an ultrasound. That's how last transfer went - I'd get an ultrasound, a few days later I would bleed, then I would rush in for another. It was stressful and I don't want to have those same feelings of panic and urgency - especially not right before Christmas. And if this one will eventually not turn out positively, it's going to happen when it is going to happen. I want to just appreciate every day I am pregnant right now. I regretted wasting so many of those moments last time, before it was taken away. Anyhow.

BT - What a strange feeling indeed! (Funny though - I will say with DD, I just kind of knew that I was going to go into labour when I did. It was my husband's birthday, we ordered in, and I just felt strange all night, I had this sixth sense and sure enough - woke up at 4am with the beginnings of labour. Our bodies have such an instinct for things!) Buuuuut you will be a mom tomorrow at this time! A family of 4! I can't send enough good wishes to your and your little babies. Fill us in when you can, but I am sure the next bit will be an absolute blur for you!

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! DD due Aug 6/20

#854 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 11:50 AM

Merry Christmas everyone!

BT - thinking lots of you today! Hope the babies are well and you are recovering!

Queen - hope your appointment today goes well!

• MrsCann likes this

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

#855 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:43 PM

Merry Christmas everyone ♥️♥️

BT thinking of you and the babies!!

Queen hoping you made out good today also

#856 Queen17

Queen17
  • Global 100+
  • 232 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional fertility clinic Calgary

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:44 PM

Hey ladies! I was induced Friday because when I came in for my NST my blood pressure was high and not going down. Had two healthy baby BOYS yesterday (Saturday)afternoon. Vaginal delivery. Gunnar was baby B and he came out footling breech. Although I had an epidural it was an extremely painful delivery but it was quick and definitely worth it!!!
Beau Cecil Gaspard 5lb 3oz 18 inches long and Gunnar Dwayne James 4lb 14oz 18 inches long. They are both doing well but in the nicu for a couple days. Gunnar is hooked up to CPAP right now but he is breathing on his own. We fed him today and all went well with that. We will probably be in the hospital for a week or so.
So now to get the breast feeding going!!
Our daughter is so in love. My brother was holding Beau and she asked my uncle was holding her baby lol
  • MrsCann and DorothyandToto like this

#857 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:55 PM

Queen- so happy for you guys! Love love love the names ♥️ Glad everyone is doing well

#858 DorothyandToto

DorothyandToto
  • Global 100+
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:My furry children, movies, Pilates, travel, cooking

Posted 30 December 2019 - 01:02 AM

Congrats Queen!!!

#859 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:34 PM

Congrats Queen! Two big, strong little boys :)

I had good news today as well! Went for my second scan, and the baby is healthy and growing (measuring 8w5d, I am 8w4d), with a HB of 187! Strong little baby this time around. We go in for the Harmony test on Jan 16, and will do one last scan with our clinic then (abdominal this time!). Hard to believe we are almost ready to graduate from our clinic and our RE permanently (as this will complete our family). I love my RE so much it makes me feel a little bittersweet - but not enough to wish for future treatments!

• Daisy.Eriksen, MrsCann and DorothyandToto like this

#860 BTGirl

BTGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:26 PM

Well that was certainly a jam-packed week and a half! On Dec 23rd we welcomed our twins, Ethan and Emily via C-section due to both being transverse breech. Ethan required assisted resuscitation due to a low APGAR and irregular breathing. They were both whisked away to the NICU and were immediately on CPAP which was removed 24 hours later. There was questions if we needed to transfer one of the twins to a level one NICU thereby separating us all (me and one twin in one hospital, and my husband and the other twin in another larger hospital) but luckily this did not happen and things started to calm down after a few hours. They stayed for 8 days in our hospitals NICU. I was in the hospital for 96 hours due to poorly managed pain (failed to respond to normal pain med schedules) and blood pressure irregularities. I was then discharged and we commuted from home to the NICU spending 10 hour days at the hospital working on feedings. Both the twins required multiple days of nasal-gastro tube feedings and IVs with glucose infusions. The day that the twins were released from the hospital I was then re-admitted due to developing postpartum pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome (yup!) which was being actively monitored daily in triage as the twins were still admitted. The on call OB's mouth almost hit the floor when I presented with a BP of 165/110mmHG without any other signs and symptoms and I was immediately whisked to a hospital room and not allowed to go home that very afternoon. I was in the hospital for both Christmas and New Years. They allowed the twins to stay in my room while I was hospitalized for another three days. Earlier this week we FINALLY brought the twins home: Ethan 5 lbs 12 oz and Emily 4 lbs 13 oz. We have survived our first 24 hours with them but I have a lot of medical appts in my coming weeks as we continue to monitor my complicated BP and newly developed post-partum pre-e. 

I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday! Congrats Queen and congrats YeanaSK on your recent developments and happy news! Time for me to go rest, the amount of blood pressure medication I am on is astronomical and knocks me on my ass. Wouldn't change it for the world, but fingers crossed that this gets sorted out and starts to regulate on its own soon. Apparently it can take up to 12 weeks...

• Daisy.Eriksen, MrsCann and DorothyandToto like this

#861 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 08:29 PM

Holy smackers BT! I admit I was getting a little worried about the lack of update, but hoped it meant you were just super busy and enjoying moments with your two little ones - I am so sorry it has been such a stressful transition! Glad to hear Lil A and Lil B - Ethan and Emily now! - have been released and are hopefully past the breathing and feeding challenges (at least as much as any babies can be over feeding challenges, because it seems like even full term singles have their share of feeding struggles too - how on earth do we survive when it is so hard to learn how to eat??). How are you adjusting to the new life of less sleep and very demanding tiny bosses?

And so scary about your own complications! I didn't even know you could develop pre-e or HELLP post-delivery. Do you feel like it is being well monitored and treated? I hope things do settle down for you, much sooner than the 12 week mark.

Queen - how are you doing? How are the babies?

AFM - I am feeling reassured, but the occasional bleeding continues, without reason. Well, I think the reason is going to fall under "exertion", due to when it happens, and I am almost positive it is cervical due to the color (not a true red, more of a pinkish hue to it). Trying hard to find time and ways to relax and put my feet up, but DD is incredibly demanding these days and DH seems to forget I am pregnant and only wants me to rest if I am doing something for myself (baking) - he gets annoyed when I want to rest and he needs to watch DD. Struggling with good ol' nausea and constipation too - the nausea seems to be feeling a little more managed, now that I am on both Zofran and Maxolon, and the constipation - well, eventually it has to pass. Maybe second trimester. Ha.

#862 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:27 AM

Queen, BT - how are you both doing? How are the babies?

MrsCann - any updates?

Feeling ok here. Still a little continuous nausea despite the double drug cocktail, but it is usually manageable. Harmony test and my last u/s with the clinic tomorrow!

#863 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:59 PM

Yaena sorry about the nausea, I’ve been sick pretty much the whole pregnancy but I’m so used to it now it doesn’t bother me lol

I’ll be 36 weeks Saturday. Still being induced between 37-39 weeks due to the ivf and now the gestational diabetes unless I go on my own before that. Had a ultrasound Jan 6 he was measuring 5lb 14oz and fully engaged in my pelvic area ready to go and I go again Jan 20 so if he’s getting larger the induction will be closer to the 37 week which seems so crazy as it’s next week lol I meet with my OB on the 23 so we will see :D still managing the diabetes wi5h just diet control and thankfully haven’t needed insulin which is nice I was worried about having to need it and messing it up haha

Hope all is well with everyone ♥️
  • Daisy.Eriksen and DorothyandToto like this

#864 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:25 PM

MrsCann - Good luck! Be sure to update as you can! I can't believe most of the group has had/are about to have their babies.

Today was likely my last clinic appointment - weird but it felt so sad. They have just taken such good care of me and have walked me through some of the darkest moments. It is strange to think I probably will only see any of them again if I take the baby in this summer. I will have one last call, with the Harmony results, probably late next week. Today's scan went great - baby is measuring a little ahead (11w4d and I am 11w) and the heartbeat was strong at 170.

• Daisy.Eriksen and MrsCann like this

#865 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:51 PM

Not sure if anyone is still checking in - but if so, just wanted to share good news. I received my Harmony results today, and everything came back low risk :) DD#2 will be here this summer!

• MrsCann, DorothyandToto, Carter81 and 1 other like this

#866 katMP

katMP
  • 80 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:32 AM

Congrats Yaena, what great news! And congrats to the others on here who have given birth, I've come back on here a few times once in awhile to check up on everyone and am happy to hear about all the new little ones! Good luck to everyone else who is still prepping for FETs.

As for me, I thought I would update people in case anyone on here has had a similar story to mine with IVF, and just to give a little bit of hope to others...I'm pregnant! Currently 12 and a half weeks, just had my 12 week NT scan end of last week and so far things look ok! It happened 'naturally', and was a total shock. It happened 2 months after the last failed FET and while we were waiting for our consult at a new clinic. There's still a long way to go but I just didn't want my earlier posts about failed FETs to be my last on this board. If this pregnancy works out, I'll probably be back here in a couple years as we would love to have 2 and I'll probably jump straight into IVF given my age. But for now, good luck to everyone and again, congrats to all the new moms and all the moms with new little ones!

• yaenaSK, Daisy.Eriksen, MrsCann and 1 other like this

#867 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 241 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:03 PM

Amazing news Yaena and Kat ♥️♥️♥️

I have a appt on Thursday he will check to see if I’m dilated at all and decide what kind of induction to start with and pick the day for sometime next week!! I can’t believe I’ll be holding my baby boy next week :D

I hope everyone else is doing well, this was a great group
  • Daisy.Eriksen likes this

#868 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:24 PM

MrsCann - wow! It's almost time for you - I hope everything goes smoothly next week for you!

Kat - What an awesome update! Congratulations! I hope the rest of the pregnancy progresses well too - funny, you are almost exactly at the same point as I am! (I'll be 13 weeks on Thursday). If you feel like joining, we have a July/August due date group going too.

I hope the others are all doing well - BT and Queen with your babies, DorothyandToto with your pregnancy. And to those who are at other stages of this process - hang in there. I hope you will all be able to celebrate BFPs in the coming months.

• MrsCann likes this

#869 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 314 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:59 AM

Thread jumping but Yaena! So happy for you! I have been creeping your posts and congrats on a great panorama! 

• yaenaSK likes this

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF#2 - Jan 2016, Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

FET #2 August 17, 2017 - BFP Beta #1 10dp5dt - 800 , Beta #2 - 1501

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

EDD - 04/05/2018 - Baby BOY! babyboy.gif

DS born May 7th, 2018.

Time for a sibling - No frosties, back to IVF

IVF #1 - 11 retrieved, 7 mature, 1 fertlized, did not make it to blast.

IVF #2 - 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 5 day blast frozen (5AB)

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

Ultrasound at 6w1d shows perfect little baby, heart-rate 110BPM yahoo.gif

EDD - 22/06/2020 - Baby GIRL! babygirl.gif

#870 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 07:58 PM

Happy to report we had our little man Wednesday February 5 at 447pm weighing 8lbs 6oz and we are all doing amazing. We are over the moon Hope everyone is doing well ♥️♥️♥️
  • yaenaSK and Daisy.Eriksen like this

#871 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:12 PM

Congratulations MrsCann!

• MrsCann likes this

#872 katMP

katMP
  • 80 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:56 PM

Congratulations MrsCann, yay what wonderful news! Hope you and baby are happily settling in at home.

Yaenawow, were only 1 day apart I think! Im 16 weeks this Friday :)
  • MrsCann likes this

#873 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:07 PM

kat - So crazy! Yes, I am 16 weeks tomorrow :) Time is flying!

• MrsCann likes this

#874 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:32 AM

kat - Just realized your little guy should have arrived by now? Hope everything went well and you are in newborn chaos these days too :)

Isla arrived safe and sound on August 4th. We're still working to sort ourselves out :) Hope the rest of you are happy and healthy and safe these crazy days as well.

#875 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 177 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 30 August 2020 - 02:40 PM

Big congrats, Yaena!!!! Glad she has arrived!!!

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

3rd IVF cycle, 3rd FET-  BFP,  due June 1 heart.gif