• Please log in to reply
874 replies to this topic

#51 Zelda

Zelda
  • 28 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:54 PM

Hope it's not too late to join the group.

Like YaenaSK, I have had success with IVF. Started first cycle back in 2016. Got pregnant but lost the baby at twenty-two weeks. sad.png Had four frozen embryos left from the same cylce. First one didn't work, but the second resulted in my son, who is now one. smile.png I am now hoping to have baby #2 and just transferred (this past Monday) another of the frozen embryos I had left. I took a pregnancy test yesterday, but got a negative result. sad.png Only have one more embryo left and don't want to have to go through another fresh cycle, so I hope it works! My next cycle would probably be somewhere in early May. 

#52 MoJo

MoJo
  • Global 100+
  • 197 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Heartland/VFC

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:39 PM

MrsCann - sounds like we'll be real cycle buddies this time around!  I'm also waiting for AF to start my BCP.  Hopefully the new protocol is the answer for us!

Welcome, Emeral_Jade!  We also go to VFC!  They are so wonderful there - you are in great hands.  I believe they recommend 5mg of folic acid so if your prenatal already has that amount, you should be good!  My prenatal only has 1mg so I supplement with some extra folic acid.

#53 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 241 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Ottawa fertility clinic

Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:29 PM

Well just got a call today from OFC they said they have no spots for me to start so I have to wait to start bcp the middle of May and then Start ivf in June. I’m little upset and annoyed at the same time. If I’m starting in June I won’t be allowed to use the satellite clinic in Kingston as they close for the summer, and will need to drive 2.5 hours for all the bloodwork and ultrasounds I would think if someone’s paying for a cycle you should be able to start whenever...sorry for the vent.

#54 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:07 AM

MrsCann - Oh no! That is so frustrating! I'm sorry - both for the wait and the frustration. Drives like that just add to the cost and frustration of the whole process for sure.

Welcome Zelda, Queen, and Emerald Jade! Wishing everyone success this cycle! Queen, I think I recognize your name as well (probably from November?)  Hopefully this is the one for us both!

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! DD due Aug 6/20

#55 BTGirl

BTGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:12 AM

MrsCann: I'm sorry. I also have to commute to get to my satellite clinic for monitoring( for us it is 1 hour 20 minutes one way)... It adds another layer of stress to an already stressful situation. At least it will be summer time and you won't have to contend with unpredictable weather. 

Welcome everyone else! 

AFM: Got my day 1 yesterday, Sunday would be my day 3. I foolishly assumed I would be starting stimms on my day 3, but they are keeping me on Estrace. I have no idea why, so now I go in for blood work and ultrasound on Thursday and will possibly be starting Thursday night.... 

#56 WandaMoosejaw

WandaMoosejaw
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:39 PM

Sorry about that MrsCann. I pray its for the best outcome. I also have to commute. I was able to get those days booked off work. The ocp has been causing nausea. I don't know if I should ask my clinic to change it. At work everyone is already asking if am pregnant because of the nausea. And my desk is in the middle of two ladies who happen to have kids and experience with pregnancy. I wish all of us success.

#57 Zelda

Zelda
  • 28 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:28 AM

That really sucks that some of you have to travel so far to your clinics. That's a lot more stress added to an already stressful situation. 

So I am definitely out for the April cycle as I just poas with the first response, six days sooner test and got a BFN. I was hoping I had just tested too early before, but nope. 

What really sucks now is that I have to wait another whole week before my beta (I'm six days past a five day transfer) as my clinic makes you wait fourteen days before you get one. 

Anyways, I'll be around for the May cycle. 

Looking forward to hearing more stories, and hopefully all successful ones!

#58 BTGirl

BTGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:14 AM

Zelda: I don't want to give you false hope, but you're still a little early to test being 6dp5dt, I would hold out a few more days to be sure. 

AFM: I'm kinda freaking out today. Like a lot. A lot a lot.  All I can think of is "what if we get all genetically affected embryos again?!" We were deemed to be unlucky last IVF, but what if we are unlucky again? I can only take my dog for some many distraction walks and clean the house so many times.... Maybe it is the estrogen playing tricks on me.  I better stay away from cracks in the pavement, mirrors, black cats.... 

#59 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:13 PM

Thanks everyone!
Zelda- I agree with BT it is a bit early so do t give up hope.
BT- it is definitely hard to keep your mind from running through every scenario possible

#60 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:22 PM

Hang in there Zelda! With DD, I didn't get my BFP until 8dp5dt. (Again - not to give false hope - just don't count yourself out either. I've heard frozen transfers tend to implant a little slower than fresh as well.)

BT - hang in there too! Man, the mental games with this process right? Your dog must be the fittest pup on the block! It would be so much easier if there was a reason when things go wrong - the "sorry, unlucky" is the worst. I really hope your luck turns this time.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

#61 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 314 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:21 AM

Hi! Joining you guys! We likely we be cycling end of May or first week of June. This will be IVF #4 for us, it took 3 cycles and 4 transfers to get us our son who was born May 2018. Gearing up for TTC #2 since our son was our last frozen blast. Got our protocol and meds so we are good to go whenever. Our RE gave us the green light to start with our next cycle but we want to wait till after our sons first birthday. I think we are leaning towards a freeze all cycle and transferring in September.

Our issue is I have DOR and my H has low motility. Protocol will be 300iu Gonal F, 75 IU Menopur and orgalutron all from CD3 - we are trying to mimic our 3rd (successful IVF) cycle.

Yaena - I think I remember you from our January 2017 cycling thread.
  • MrsCann likes this

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF#2 - Jan 2016, Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

FET #2 August 17, 2017 - BFP Beta #1 10dp5dt - 800 , Beta #2 - 1501

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

EDD - 04/05/2018 - Baby BOY! babyboy.gif

DS born May 7th, 2018.

Time for a sibling - No frosties, back to IVF

IVF #1 - 11 retrieved, 7 mature, 1 fertlized, did not make it to blast.

IVF #2 - 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 5 day blast frozen (5AB)

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

Ultrasound at 6w1d shows perfect little baby, heart-rate 110BPM yahoo.gif

EDD - 22/06/2020 - Baby GIRL! babygirl.gif

#62 Dory

Dory
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:16 PM

Zelda- have you taken a test since?? Sometime frozen embryos take a little longer to implant!!

Pandora- welcome! Hope this cycle works out for you!!

Mrscann-sorry to hear about your cycle. This journey Certainly has its up and downs :( I feel like if you are paying for it yourself you should get bumped up the list!!

I had my day 5 ultrasound today and I have about ten follicles but they are pretty small so instead of starting cetrotide today they upped my gonal f from 150 to 225. Has anyone had this happen before? Will my dates change now? Only wondering because I have all of my flights booked already!
  • MrsCann likes this

IUI- tried 4 times with no luck

IVF #1-Dec 2015. Transferred one day 5-BFP. Baby boy arrived Aug, 2016

FET #1-Aug 2018 transferred one day 6-BFN

FET #2-Nov 2018 transferred two blasts- BFN 

IVF #2-April 2019 retrieved 37.....15 embryos are now frozen.

FET #3-July 2019 transferred 1 4aa BFN

FET #4-Nov 2019 transferred two day 5- Miscarriage at 6 weeks

FET #5 April 2020 transferring 2 day 5 embryos- 4bb 3bb

#63 BTGirl

BTGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:07 PM

Dory - Its normal to have your doses upped! I've had it happen so many times! Its hard to say if your dates will change because dates are always hard to predict. If anything it may move you ahead or behind by one day, but I don't think you would all of a sudden exponentially grow at a supersonic speed. You'll have to wait for your next monitoring appointment to see how much growth has occurred between then and your Day 5. But I wouldn't worry too much about it, truthfully. 

Welcome Pandora! 

YeanaSK - my doggie is the most fittest pup on the block! All the other pups are envious of his constant attention and dog walking. 

#64 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:05 PM

Pandora! I definitely recognize your name! I am so happy to hear you had success on a future cycle :) Best of luck this time around too. We're on the sibling quest as well - we didn't have any luck with the frozen blasts from our Jan 2017 cycle.

So many familiar names this go round!

BT- hahaha I love your comment about your dog. How are your nerves now? I would love to see a photo of this proud pup sometime, if you feel like sharing.

Dory - I've had my doses tweaked as well - seems to me our first cycle they were tweaked towards the end to give a final push (we ended up needing 12 days of stims, including using gonal f the same day as we triggered - I was a lazy responder). Didn't change my dates at all, nothing suddenly sprang up.

I have been keeping myself distracted with baking. Those of you who know me from frozen cycles know I started a home baking business last year and holy crap I planned poorly - Easter orders the week before we start IVF, what was I THINKING? DD also decided to get a cold, and two molars, this week, while DH has had to work two night shifts and out of town one day. There is no such thing as sleep in my house anymore, but time is flying at least!

#65 BTGirl

BTGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:54 PM

YaenaSK - This is my puppy! Not only is he the fittest and most well walked pup on the block, he also is going through training bootcamp! Today there was a squeaky-squirrel uprising in the house...! 

Clearly I need to find ways to distract myself from IVF. I think need more hobbies.... 

Tomorrow I drive in for baseline US/blood and get my AFC count! I should be starting stimms tomorrow night! Eeeek! I'm still really nervous that we could get another shitty batch of eggs and be told that we were unlucky again. I read yesterday that only 14% of eggs in females with balanced translocations are estimated to be genetically normal or balanced.... I think I need to stop reading journal articles

(Cool idea on starting a home business! Need help with baking? :)

• Dory and MrsCann like this

#66 MoJo

MoJo
  • Global 100+
  • 197 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Heartland/VFC

Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:45 PM

Dory - hello fellow IVF traveler! We also have to fly out for our retrieval and it definitely adds another layer of stress and planning.  I'm a very poor responder and my retrieval and transfer dates always change so after the first cycle where I had to cancel flights, I now book our flights out on the 7th day of stims and don't book my return flights until I know our transfer date.  It ends up costing a bit more to book last minute flights but it saves the headache of changing travel arrangements.  Hopefully the updated stim dose gets things moving and you get back on schedule!

BTGirl - good luck tomorrow!  Hopefully you get the green light to get started!

YaenaSK - Mmmm.  Easter baking!  My RE has me on a gluten and dairy free diet to cut down on inflammation so I'm going to miss all the Easter treats this year.  I did find a recipe for gluten and dairy free hot cross buns that I might try but I can already guarantee that it won't be the same, lol.

AFM, CD1 was on Monday so I took my first BCP yesterday and have my official protocol.  Stims start May 2!  We are going super aggressive this time.  450 iu Gonal-F and 150 iu Menopur.  If this doesn't make my ovaries produce more than 1 egg this time, I'm pretty sure nothing will.

#67 BTGirl

BTGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:10 AM

Greenlight achieved for the go-ahead today! My AFC count is 18!!!! I don't think I've ever had such a high AFC count to start off with! Come on snake belly (that's what my husband calls it when the injections start making me look bloated - my snake belly) !!!!!!!!!!! 

Mo-Jo- I hope you respond well to those meds! I'm on 300 IU Puregon and 75 IU Menopur. This is up from last time when I was at 175 and 225 for puregon... Gulp! 

YaenaSK - How is the baking coming along? 

#68 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:56 PM

Haha first I have to say - I don't get to EAT much of the baking (but don't want to because after doing it and smelling it - I just want it out of the house!). It is done! Sent a load of pretty things off with my husband today (carrot cake sandwich cookies and cupcakes, Easter egg and bunny cookies, mini egg cupcakes - mmm). Now to kick my feet up for a few days and freak out about next week. 

DH and I have a jar with all the vials from our stims for DD. He wants to start a second jar for this attempt. I said it might lead to future sibling rivalry - yup, trying to be funny.

Congrats BT! I hope the new dose is just the right cocktail :) and the side effects are manageable. (Also - cutest. dog. ever. <3 )

MoJo - sounds like a lot of us are seeing upped stims doses this time! I hope too that you'll get a good response. Countdown is on!

#69 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:12 PM

Well I’m back in the game lol got a call today they must have had a cancellation or something. I got my day 1 yesterday and start bcp on Saturday for 23 days and start lupron May 14 or 15 I can’t remember what I wrote down.they said estimate retrieval around May 27 depending on how the meds go. Can’t wait :)

#70 BTGirl

BTGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:54 PM

YaenaSK - He is pretty great isn't he? His name is Chewbacca - Chewie for short. This is what happens when you let your husband name the dog.... huh.png Glad you survived your baking!

MrsCann - OMG OMG OMG!! We are INFERTILITY SOUL MATES! Okay - I mean, not in the long run, but seriously?! The odds of us doing IVF again, together?! 

Octopus - I have the attention span of a goldfish... maybe not even, actually. I think I would be a terrible knitter: knit one, peal one, knit one, peal - ohh look! Puppy!! 

My husband always gets me a "Lets do injections card!" They are typically quite funny. Today's card had bunnies on it saying they just want to "eggs-press their love to me". Oh husbands. Gotta love them... sometimes. 

• MrsCann likes this

#71 WandaMoosejaw

WandaMoosejaw
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:38 PM

BTGirl -I am glad things are going well and hope it gets even better.

MrsCann - Yaay! And glad you're joining.

My meds will be Puregon 100 IU and Menopur 75 IU. I am worried that this is quite low. I am light weight and Dr thinks I will OHSS. I have not even started stims yet. Is it right to make such judgement based on size?
  • MrsCann likes this

#72 WandaMoosejaw

WandaMoosejaw
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:31 PM

This is my first IVF and I promised myself I will be open minded. Am just trying my best to stay calm. Please don't mind my rant above ∆
  • MrsCann likes this

#73 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:20 AM

Wanda - My first round I was on a really low dose too (I think the lowest typical starting dose for my age - 112.5 iu of GonalF and 75 of Menopur). I ended up bumping up a little towards the end of stims but most of the time I stayed there, since I was responding. I'd honestly rather start low and have to bump up if necessary - OHSS is no joke! (I have a couple of friends who had it!) Are you with Dr C, Dr G or Dr B? (Or I think there is a Dr H now?) I have Dr G and LOVE her. All this said - this is a safe space to rant and freak out and do whatever you need to do to get through this crazy process so have at 'er!

(Side note: My father in law is also an RE, though he focused more on the male side. He and Dr C actually started the previous infertility clinic in Saskatoon - he knows both Drs C and G and sings their praises constantly. Dr B moved here after my FIL retired but I am sure he would rave about her too if he could hahaha.)

BT - Bahaha attention span of a goldfish. I always say I have the attention span of an ant so I think we are the same with that one. I also don't knit.. crochet.. etc...

MrsCann - that is awesome news!

#74 WandaMoosejaw

WandaMoosejaw
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:55 PM

YaenaSK - I am with Dr G. Too. Yaaaay! Thanks. I feel alot better. I start stim on 25th. I wish us all a fruitful cycle.

#75 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:18 PM

Wanda - I really think Dr G likes to start low and bump up if needed. (Even now, I am on a much higher dose but it is still the lowest typical starting dose for my age range.) I have another friend who also sees her (and who had success as well!). I hope you'll like her too - I find she has a good sense of humor and kindness, especially compared to some of the other doctors I dealt with before being referred to Aurora.