874 replies to this topic

#1 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 969 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:17 PM

Anyone else starting an IVF cycle in April or May?

• EuroMixCeltNord and Amylouise like this

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! DD due Aug 6/20

#2 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Ottawa fertility clinic

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:54 PM

I will be I’m hoping middle of April but likely will be May. I have a follow up from my surgery April 8 and she will let us know then :)

#3 WandaMoosejaw

WandaMoosejaw
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:22 AM

Hello I just had a laparoscopy in February and hoping to start cycling in mid April to ending of April. Praying for a successful journey for every woman out there.
  • MrsCann and Amylouise like this

#4 BTGirl

BTGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:46 AM

Me! I'm supposed to start my estrogen priming tomorrow! But according to my OPKs I have yet to ovulate..... so waiting for my clinic to call me back! 

Maybe it is an April Fool's joke Mother Nature is playing on me? 

#5 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 969 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:01 AM

MrsCann - fingers crossed!

Wanda - fingers crossed for you too! I have to ask (because of the MooseJaw reference) - do you go to Aurora?

BT - I always feel the same! Whatever we want our bodies to do, they seem to know how to do the opposite, right?

I am current on BC waiting for my cycle to start. First appointment is April 24, and stims start on April 25 (with retrieval and hopefully a transfer being in early to mid May). This is our second go - we did a cycle back in January 2017 and have DD from that, and then did a couple of FETs with the remaining embryos late last year hoping for a sibling but no luck.

• MrsCann and BTGirl like this

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

#6 BTGirl

BTGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:59 AM

You're telling me! I called in my day one a month ago thinking we would start IVF priming last cycle, but they found some abnormal mass with vascularization during the ultrasound and they couldn't explain what it was, so we choose to delay. My period was all wonky. So we waited three weeks, and I was told to start Estrogen priming on April 1st, which would be CD20. Estrogen is supposed to be commenced after you ovulate, and they assured me I would ovulate by now based on my previous history. Well... here I am CD 19 with negative OPKs up until this morning..... 

I was on the BC antagonist protocol last May, but developed a lead follicle the first time and was converted to an IUI. We then started BC again and completed IVF in August (after I had to sit out for three cysts), but unfortunately we had no genetically normal embryos. They told us we had bad luck.... Story of our lives at this point.... 

Just sitting here drinking my green tea, twiddling my thumbs for the nurse to call me back.... 

#7 WandaMoosejaw

WandaMoosejaw
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 11:35 AM

yaena- Yes, am with Aurora. Are you going there as well, I just noticed the SK in your name. This is my first IVF.

#8 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 969 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:02 PM

BT - Oh man. That IS bad luck. We felt the same during our IUI cycles. I have mild endometriosis (so mild they won't even say it is our cause of infertility - we're still technically unexplained). Anyhow, the OB who did my laparoscopy thought that "maybe" she say some abnormality in my uterus during the laparoscopy/hysteroscopy, and "maybe" it "might have" been a unicornuate uterus (one tube only). This after the radiologist and previous OB disagreed on the results of my HSG haha. So they just decided to only proceed with IUIs on cycles with left side ovulation. Which happened once. It was ridiculous. Then we did IVF, went in with about fifteen or so follicles developing (after 12 days of stims I think it was) and only 7 eggs. She admitted to us later that she was pretty shocked at the low count, especially considering I was still only 35.

Wanda - good luck! Yes, I'm with Aurora too. I've really liked them through our previous IVF and IUIs. I definitely have some staff I prefer, of course, but overall good.

#9 BTGirl

BTGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:32 PM

Well, my April fool's joke for the day was thinking I was starting Estrace today! Nope! 

I was right. In a fun twist of events, I'm ovulating today! My new start date is April 8th... Hmmmm..... 

YeanaSK that is my biggest fear - thinking we have "X" many follicles and then ending up with less than expected number of mature eggs and fertilized embryos.... and day 5 blasts... etc. 

MrsCann! Its fate! You and I cycling together again!! Your follow-up date is my Estrace start date! 

Ugh. I hate IVF. 

• MrsCann likes this

#10 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:37 PM

BT- WE GOT THIS! we all do, this is our time :) it’s such a stressful emotional roller coaster. I am feeling hopeful this time and actually feel so good I can’t wait to start
  • BTGirl likes this

#11 Amylouise

Amylouise
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:17 PM

Started the ivf process aug 2017, aug 2018 egg retrieval 26 eggs only 3 made it, all had to be frozen due to over stimulation, only just had the laparoscopy this feb, finally started the process for FET. 11 days into down regulation injections and feeling pretty normal so far. Wishing everyone the best of luck :)
  • Rebelde586 likes this

#12 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 969 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:12 PM

MrsCann and BT - what kind of start time are you looking at, if you start Estrace on April 8th?

It was disappointing but in the end I couldn't complain. I tried to see the positive (and there WAS positive). I mean - we had a crappy number of eggs, but had a great fertilization rate (6/7). And three of those made it to day 5's. I am not sure what to expect this go round though. They're nearly tripling our Gonal-F dose to improve response. I guess we can't do anything but wait.

I am the most impatient person in the world. I hate IVF too.

Amylouise - welcome! Best of luck to you too! Such a long wait - I am sure you are excited!

#13 Amylouise

Amylouise
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:12 AM

Yaenask- yes a very long wait and has been very frustrating at times as I can be very impatient too (6month wait for operation) but hopefully no more hiccups and we can have a transfer as planned and see what the outcome is ☺️.

Have you started your next cycle?

#14 BTGirl

BTGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:10 AM

YeanaSK - Three making it to day 5 is good!! 

Amylouise - Welcome! A 6 month wait for an operation is incredibly frustrating! I would go insane. I would drive my husband insane! 

MrsCann - you and I are like IVF secret sisters! Ummm... no, that doesn't work. I can do better.  I'll keep working on a tag name.... 

I start Estrace April 8th and continue until my new CD1. I project that will start April 12-13th. Then I start injections CD 3 like normal (April 15th-ish?). They increased my Puregon to 300 IUs (up from 225) and continued me on the Menopur at 75 IUs (same as last time). Possible ER April 25th or later? Totally guessing. Thats IF I respond this time to the medications (cause that's also happened before in the past....) 

Problem with us, I have a balanced translocation, so it is literally Russian Roulette if we get genetically normal or abnormal embryos. We are doing two day 5 fresh transfers this time and foregoing the PGD testing. Last time all the embryos looked wonky and they did an emergency day 5 transfer and pushed the remaining embryos to day 6. Two made it to blast but PGD testing indicated they were genetically affected. My break-points are huge, so I miscarry early. 

My husband and I watched Game of Thrones last time when we did IVF. We would do injections first, and then watch an episode after. During our 5 day wait from ER to day 5 transfer, one of the episodes was the Red Wedding. I feel like this episode is the epitome of what IVF is like.... 

And no, we are not "game of throne" people....

#15 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:47 AM

Amy- sorry to hear such a long wait for the surgery. My doctors have been great with rushing to have my surgeries done so I can’t thank them enough. Even that felt like forever even though it was only 2 months in between each one. I hope that one sticks for you!! 3 is great, I had 0 to freeze.

Yeana- i did my first ivf cycle in August, I only ended up with 6 eggs ( developed hydrosalpinx in both tubes got drained at the time of ER), 3 fertilized, 1 made it to blast so did a fresh transfer it stuck but at 8 weeks they said it was a missed miscarriage so I had a d and c in October. My Surgery to remove the tubes was November they said I had severe scar tissue in both my tubes and some scar tissue in my uterus. Follow up in December came back my right tube was successfully removed but my left they thought was so distorted they got it but they actually removed was a mass of scar tissue and my left tube remained. Referred to new surgeon saw her in February and just successfully removed the left tube plus the scar tissue on my uterus and a golf ball sized cyst that was hiding under my tube, she also said I had some slight scar tissue on my bowels. We were supposed to start ivf in January but since the my left tube was still there we had to wait since it was still filled with the fluid. I’m hoping Monday she will say we can start my next cycle which was the middle of this month but I don’t know how that works. Before waiting for the funded ivf we did about 6 or 7 iuis which were unsuccessful. I’m wondering now that we know about the scar tissue if I have endometriosis, originally it was undiagnosed fertility but my mind has gone elsewhere now.

Sorry for the long post lol

Wanda- how are you doing?

BT- secret sister lmao that gave me a good laugh we can figure something out :)
  • BTGirl likes this

#16 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:50 AM

I did the estrogen patch 5 days before expected period, then I started injections normally my Gonal f was 450 and Luveris was 150 and then did cetrotide near the end. I have a Low AMH that’s why my dose is so high

#17 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 969 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:28 PM

BT - I love the Game of Thrones thing, to have a routine or something to focus on through IVF! You definitely need something to distract you or help get through it. We took a trip the weekend after transfer our first cycle, and visited family (about a four hour drive away). It helped as much as anything can during the TWW.

I realized this morning I start injections in just over three weeks. I am a little nervous - first time around I was only on 112.5iu of Gonal-F and 75 of Menopur (adding in Cetrotide later). This time I'm up to 300iu of Gonal-F, to start. First injections are April 25th.

• MrsCann and BTGirl like this

#18 Dory

Dory
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:45 PM

Hi everyone!! Ill be joining in this group! This will be our second round of ivf. Our first round resulted in our 2.5 year old son. We have had two fets with no luck so this will be our last go at having a sibling for our little one. Im starting my injections on April 12 and we are aiming for a day five transfer on April 30th. I will be taking the exact same medications and doses as last time which worries me a little since I am older and feel I dont respond to the drugs as well anymore. We will see how it goes I guess! Fingers crossed for everyone!!

IUI- tried 4 times with no luck

IVF #1-Dec 2015. Transferred one day 5-BFP. Baby boy arrived Aug, 2016

FET #1-Aug 2018 transferred one day 6-BFN

FET #2-Nov 2018 transferred two blasts- BFN 

IVF #2-April 2019 retrieved 37.....15 embryos are now frozen.

FET #3-July 2019 transferred 1 4aa BFN

FET #4-Nov 2019 transferred two day 5- Miscarriage at 6 weeks

FET #5 April 2020 transferring 2 day 5 embryos- 4bb 3bb

#19 WandaMoosejaw

WandaMoosejaw
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:38 PM

MrsCann - I had my surgery to remove tubes on February 26 and we are able to start injection by April 21 hopefully. I don't really understand the process and I am so excited we get to see the RE once more before starting process. This is my first so I am pretty nervous. I am just grateful that IVF is an option and wishing every woman success.

#20 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:53 PM

Welcome Dory, wishing you all the best for your second round, I’m sure the dose will fine and they will up it as you go if they need to.

Wanda- that’s great you get to start soon, if my follow up goes well and able too I should be starting around the time as you unless they make us wait until my May cycle. Do you know what protocol you will be on?

#21 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 969 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:39 PM

Hi Dory! I think I recognize your name from the Nov FET group :) Hopefully we'll both have better luck here right? I understand your nerves re: the dose - how often does your RE monitor you? At least they can always up the dose quickly if they need to right? (I tell myself the same re: dropping the dose since we've been upped a fair bit.)

#22 Maryan

Maryan
  • Global 100+
  • 116 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Anova

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:26 PM

I'm doing the RE in April, actually on Saturday but as I will send all follicles to PGS/PGT testing i don't know when will be my transfer.

Me : 38 H:39 /4 years TTC

Trio Clinic :

2 IUI in 2016 with Clomid - BFN

IVF#1 - August 2017 / BFP / Miscarried : October 2017

FET #1- February 2018/ BFN

FET #2 - Jhun 2018/ BFP/Miscarried : July 2018

Anova Clinic :

First visit Feb 2019

Second visit March - starting IVF with PGS testing

#23 Dory

Dory
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:16 PM

Hi Dory! I think I recognize your name from the Nov FET group smile.png Hopefully we'll both have better luck here right? I understand your nerves re: the dose - how often does your RE monitor you? At least they can always up the dose quickly if they need to right? (I tell myself the same re: dropping the dose since we've been upped a fair bit.

Yes, that was me! I thought your name looked familiar as well. Hopefully we both have better luck this time. What a journey it has been so far!  I had my baseline ultrasound yesterday and have to stop birth control on the 8th, then call my period in on the 11th (hopefully it comes on time). Then i have two ultrasounds on the 16 and 18th and have to fly on the 19th to Calgary from Newfoundland (longest flight EVER) and then they will monitor me everyday. What makes it worse is being away from home and this time we have to bring our 2.5 year old so it should be interesting. lol

#24 Dory

Dory
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:22 PM

YeanaSK - Three making it to day 5 is good!! 

Amylouise - Welcome! A 6 month wait for an operation is incredibly frustrating! I would go insane. I would drive my husband insane! 

MrsCann - you and I are like IVF secret sisters! Ummm... no, that doesn't work. I can do better.  I'll keep working on a tag name.... 

I start Estrace April 8th and continue until my new CD1. I project that will start April 12-13th. Then I start injections CD 3 like normal (April 15th-ish?). They increased my Puregon to 300 IUs (up from 225) and continued me on the Menopur at 75 IUs (same as last time). Possible ER April 25th or later? Totally guessing. Thats IF I respond this time to the medications (cause that's also happened before in the past....) 

Problem with us, I have a balanced translocation, so it is literally Russian Roulette if we get genetically normal or abnormal embryos. We are doing two day 5 fresh transfers this time and foregoing the PGD testing. Last time all the embryos looked wonky and they did an emergency day 5 transfer and pushed the remaining embryos to day 6. Two made it to blast but PGD testing indicated they were genetically affected. My break-points are huge, so I miscarry early. 

My husband and I watched Game of Thrones last time when we did IVF. We would do injections first, and then watch an episode after. During our 5 day wait from ER to day 5 transfer, one of the episodes was the Red Wedding. I feel like this episode is the epitome of what IVF is like.... 

And no, we are not "game of throne" people....

So funny, when i had my first ivf back in 2016 I binge watched game of thrones. lol I didn't think i was going to like it but i ended up loving the series lol Im thinking about re watching it this time so it will be fresh in my head for the upcoming last season. LOL

Looks like we are on very  similar timelines! Hope it all goes well!!

• BTGirl likes this

#25 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 969 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:27 PM

Oh wow - that is a journey! I have done Calgary to Halifax with our DD (when she was 11 months) when not on hormones so whatever prayers/thoughts/jedi forces - all heading your way, haha. Do you have lots of things planned to help your toddler (and you)?

Fingers crossed! We on on BC now, stopping on the 20th (last round of IVF, my day 1 was late but my clinic doesn't care so long as the bloodwork and ultrasounds go ok). U/S and blood on the 24th, start injections on the 25th, with the every other day appointments starting on the 29th.

I have started getting pretty emotional about the whole process. I am trying to just detach and head into survival mode for now. That has meant lots of walks with DD, and lots of pizza.