• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Summervibe

Summervibe
  • 22 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:41 PM

Hello,

Did anyone do IUI here? or going through it right now?

Would love to hear from you!

#2 JayBee

JayBee
  • 68 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:34 PM

Hello,

Did anyone do IUI here? or going through it right now?

Would love to hear from you!

Hi Summervibe,

i had multiple IUIs so if you have any questions please feel free to ask

Started trying naturally wtih OPK sticks January 2016 (first person in my family to have fertility issues, both sides)

Jan 2017 - started getting testing done with GP advised I have PCOS

April 2017 - referred to Gyno who did further testing and advised I do not have PCOS taught how to tempt and use clomid

Dec 2017 - First failed IUI

April - Aug 2018-  3 failed IUIs

Oct 2018- IVF - doctor said Freeze all as at a high risk for hyperstim

Nov 2018 - FET #1 and got my very first ever positive. 

Nov 30, 2018 - Beta #1 615

Dec. 7, 2018 - Beta # 2 9037

Dec 10 2018-  miscarriage  at 6 weeks. 8388.gif

March 10, 2019 - FET # 2 BFP

March 21, 28 & 31 2019 -  Betas with great numbers

April 16, 2019 - 2nd Ultrasoundeusa_pray.gif

Little Bean's due date - November 25, 2019

#3 klwaltoby

klwaltoby
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:Kelowna Regional Fertility Center

Posted 16 March 2019 - 04:17 PM

I would also love to know others experience with IUI we will be going for our 3rd try end of March any do's or don'ts that might help the process along
  • Summervibe likes this

#4 dangey

dangey
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:34 AM

When I did iui, always did acupuncture leading up and after.

#5 Sunny12

Sunny12
  • 15 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:San Diego Fertility Clinic

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:55 PM

Hi!  I have had three cycles of IVF, and on doing the IUI for the fist time.  I had the IUI done on Monday, and now I'm just waiting.  Based off of what I've read, I've been trying to keep myself busy, and staying away from alcohol and caffeine.   Also trying to not let it consume me throughout the days.  Although, I find that challenging.  It's kind of like telling yourself to fall asleep, when you like wide awake in bed at night... lol.  

#6 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:52 PM

Did my second IUI yesterday! It was medicated and with a trigger shot.  I'm cramping today and I don't recall this kind of cramping the first time :( maybe the nurse whipped that catheter around up in there.

I've read about a lot of rumoured tips.  They include:

- eating a pineapple core

- lying down 15-20m after the procedure

- a fuller bladder helps the nurse position the catheter better

- husband should not be sick before the sperm collection (this one is just science I think)

Good luck Sunny! 

Me: 32; DH: 41  |  TTC: 2017  |  Mt Sinai Fertility

Dx: Single partial ovary, dermoid cyst and x-large fibroids

2013 Apr - Left ovary and tube removal from massive dermoid cyst torsion; partial right ovary damage

2017 July - Switch to Mt Sinai from RCC

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2018 Oct - Medicated Cycle BFN

2018 Nov - Medicated Cycle BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 June - Medicated Cycle BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

2019 Nov - IVF #1: 14 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 6 blasts, 4 frozen + 1 3BB transferred BFP!

#7 Summervibe

Summervibe
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:48 PM

Hello!

I see that you recently did your first IVF! How did it go? 

My IUI didnt work in March so I am just waiting for my IVF in June this year

Did my second IUI yesterday! It was medicated and with a trigger shot.  I'm cramping today and I don't recall this kind of cramping the first time sad.png maybe the nurse whipped that catheter around up in there.

- husband should not be sick before the sperm collection (this one is just science I think)

Good luck Sunny! 

#8 Summervibe

Summervibe
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:49 PM

Hello,

which Acupuncturist did you go?

thanks! 

When I did iui, always did acupuncture leading up and after.

#9 dangey

dangey
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:04 PM

His name is Yuval Blum; hes in Toronto and phenomenal. I ended up doing ivf and he was a big part of it. We have a 14 week old now. Good luck!

#10 Summervibe

Summervibe
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:45 PM

congrats!!!

I did IUI back in March last year and didn't work out ( I did acupuncture once a day after IUI).  I am waiting for my funded IVF cycle around June this year. If you don't mind, could you share more of your IVF story? I am unexplained and have been trying for 3 years and have never fallen pregnant. Currently at Markham Fertility Clinic. 

His name is Yuval Blum; hes in Toronto and phenomenal. I ended up doing ivf and he was a big part of it. We have a 14 week old now. Good luck!

#11 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:35 PM

Oh wow, I'm so sorry! I completely missed the notification and just saw it now.

My first IVF was rough, but not in terms of actually doing the injections or the retrieval or anything.  At the end of my estrogen priming, my fibroids grew a lot and I ended up in the ER for some severe abdominal pain.  They couldn't conclude that it was because of the estrogen though.  At the end of my injections phase, I ended up in the ER again with fibular nerve palsy.  Again, they couldn't conclude it had anything to do with the IVF drugs (but it all seems a little coincidental...).  

I only have a partial right ovary and it did very well.  I managed to get 14 eggs retrieved with a final 5 embryos! I found the retrieval procedure to be smooth and fairly painless.  I transferred in one and that's when the OHSS bloating really took off even though I was 'low risk'.  I gained 35+ lbs over a few days and had abdominal pain from my hyperstimmed ovary.  I ended up in the ER once again and this time was admitted to the hospital.  Over the following 14 days I would end up being drained 5 times through paracentesis for a total of 16L.  It was terrible- I only survived through dilaudid, fentanyl, ativan, gravol, and morphine pills.  I swelled up horribly and came out with hypothyroidism and risk of deep vein thrombosis.  All this because... the transfer was a success and my hCG was rising!

I'm now 9.5 weeks and still quite bloated from the remaining OHSS, but stable.  And that's how my first IVF experience went! 

Hello!

Did my second IUI yesterday! It was medicated and with a trigger shot.  I'm cramping today and I don't recall this kind of cramping the first time sad.png maybe the nurse whipped that catheter around up in there.

Good luck Sunny! 

2013 Apr - Left ovary and tube removal from massive dermoid cyst torsion; partial right ovary damage

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

2019 Nov - IVF #1: 14 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 6 blasts, 4 frozen + 1 3BB transferred BFP!

#12 Summervibe

Summervibe
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:53 PM

HI,

Thanks for the update. Congrats on the pregnancy!!!!  Now, I am soooo scared after reading your story :( 

May I know how old you were when you did you IVF? I am also super worried about OHSS. Did the doctor say why you developed OHSS

CHristy 

My first IVF was rough, but not in terms of actually doing the injections or the retrieval or anything.  At the end of my estrogen priming, my fibroids grew a lot and I ended up in the ER for some severe abdominal pain.  They couldn't conclude that it was because of the estrogen though.  At the end of my injections phase, I ended up in the ER again with fibular nerve palsy.  Again, they couldn't conclude it had anything to do with the IVF drugs (but it all seems a little coincidental...).  

I only have a partial right ovary and it did very well.  I managed to get 14 eggs retrieved with a final 5 embryos! I found the retrieval procedure to be smooth and fairly painless.  I transferred in one and that's when the OHSS bloating really took off even though I was 'low risk'.  I gained 35+ lbs over a few days and had abdominal pain from my hyperstimmed ovary.  I ended up in the ER once again and this time was admitted to the hospital.  Over the following 14 days I would end up being drained 5 times through paracentesis for a total of 16L.  It was terrible- I only survived through dilaudid, fentanyl, ativan, gravol, and morphine pills.  I swelled up horribly and came out with hypothyroidism and risk of deep vein thrombosis.  All this because... the transfer was a success and my hCG was rising!

I'm now 9.5 weeks and still quite bloated from the remaining OHSS, but stable.  And that's how my first IVF experience went! 

Hello!

Good luck Sunny! 

#13 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:37 PM

No problem and thank you!  I was/am 32 at the time, peak E2 level was 10600 pmol/L, 14 eggs retrieved from one ovary.  I believe the risk line my nurse mentioned is 15000 pmol/L and > 25 follicles (granted thats both ovaries, but they only saw 7 viable at my final ultrasound), but if so they will switch to a trigger shot with low hCG.  There are preventative measures and I believe the chance for severe cases is only 1%.  I just got very very ... lucky?

Unfortunately, the doctors couldn't say why I ended up getting it.  It got worse with the positive beta so I think the best way to avoid severe OHSS is to do a freeze all cycle, let your body calm down from the stims, and do a FET the following month.  

Try not to worry too much!  Trust in your doctors and of course, voice your concerns so they can keep a careful eye out as well.  Starting supplements like a prenatal well in advance of IVF (3+ months) is also good to prep your body.  I tried to minimize my caffeine intake, eat more vegetables, and also tried to supplement some B and D vitamins too.

HI,

Thanks for the update. Congrats on the pregnancy!!!!  Now, I am soooo scared after reading your story sad.png

May I know how old you were when you did you IVF? I am also super worried about OHSS. Did the doctor say why you developed OHSS

CHristy 

Hello!

Good luck Sunny! 

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN