Trio or Create???. Which doc is the best, if there is any? - Ask An Andrologist - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Trio or Create???. Which doc is the best, if there is any?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lahori81

Lahori81
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:03 AM

Hi. Looking for the best possible ivf doc who deals with someone 38, low egg count. Been to Repromed and Dr Auyeung and now moving on to see someone not commercial and is detail oriented and empathetic. Any input would be appreciated.

#2 kayte1

kayte1
  • Global 100+
  • 228 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:44 PM

From viewing interactions with patients and secretarial staff only (at Create), I wished I had one of the two male doctors. I believe one is one of the founders (Librach?) and the other maybe in 40s and very kind. I had one of the female doctors and she was awful in every way. There is another female doctor there (long red curly hair) but I didnt see her as much. This is not overly helpful but there is likely bios on the website, and I know lots of people here must have had first-hand experiences with them. Do not go with Dr. S. - even if they try to assign you to her (there is a reason she isnt requested as the others are.)
  • Lahori81 likes this

#3 Lahori81

Lahori81
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:59 PM

I agree. Dr S is horrible as far as reviews are concerned. Thanks for replying.

#4 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:45 AM

I'm with Baratz at Create and really like him. I moved to Create from Trio where I initially had Dr. Bentov, he left the clinic right after my clinic and I was moved to Dr. Chang. I have nothing nice to say about Dr. Chang. I moved my one embryo to Create, even though I then lost the funding for transferring it, because I found Dr. Chang incompetent and horribly rude. Dr. Baratz figured out my lining issue and has been great to work with. Baratz will try new protocols and is always looking at the latest research.

Dr. Librach is the other male doctor at Create. I've heard great things about him but he is notoriously late for everything. He takes a lot of time with each patient. So he can run 2-3 hours behind schedule. Baratz is super punctual and keeps things moving. I will say that it is super busy clinic. They see a ton of patients. This is what I wanted after seeing an RE that obviously had less experience and fewer options when things weren't going well. If you're a straight forward case it might be easier to go to a less busy clinic where you will get more attention. If you've had a cycle not go well, I think Create is a good choice for another opinion.

I also think it is worth getting an opinion from two REs at different clinics. It feels weird to shop for healthcare as Canadians but in this case it is necessary. You need to be 100% confident you're with the right clinic and RE for you. The investment is too large to spend time and money anywhere that you're not sure on the care. 

FYI you posted this in ask the andrologist. Do you have male factor that you had a question on?

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.