Western Canadian Clinics - Where to Start? - Clinics - General - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Western Canadian Clinics - Where to Start?

clinic calgary alberta bc vancouver saskatoon

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bench17

Bench17
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:19 PM

Hi friends,

First time posting here. My future DF has a young son via IVF with his former partner. We are in Calgary. I don't think I have any issues on the fertility front myself (his count is almost zero). IVF was successful before and may be for us if we choose to pursue that path.

Problem is, I don't know where to start. Everything I've read about the "Regional Fertility Program" in Calgary is overwhelmingly negative. The reviews are simply awful. My future DH went through that clinic last time and never wants to set foot in the place again. He said it was inhumane and traumatizing. And I'm reading similar reviews for the new clinic in Calgary, "Effortless IVF," which doesn't appear to be very organized (sometimes not even a dr on site).

For those of you in the Western Canada or Calgary area, where do you recommend starting this process? Is the RFP not as bad as it seems? Or are we smarter to look out of province, as there seems to be some great clinics with positive reviews in BC and Saskatchewan.

Thoughts appreciated!

#2 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 307 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:52 PM

I am in SK and have had a great experience with our clinic, Aurora in Saskatoon.  If I were going to travel anyways, I personally would check into Victoria Fertility Center.  I have heard nothing but amazing things about VFC and they have higher success rates.  Everyone that I knew that went there raves about how amazing they are.  I would check them out!  

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

August 2017 - We received three beautiful embryos from an amazing donor family!  

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp6dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp6dt)

beta #3- 700 (16dp6dt) beta #4- 3500 (20dp6dt)  

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

June 19, 2018 It's a Boy!! 7 lbs 2 oz of perfection!

FET #2 - One day 6 Blast transferred Feb 26/2020 - BFN 

One final chance with one final embryo hopefully soon!  Go away Covid-19!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clinic, calgary, alberta, bc, vancouver, saskatoon