#1 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, volleyball, yoga, watching TV
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:09 AM

I saw theres a post recently about coping with miscarriage, and my heart hurts for everyone who has had to suffer this. Especially multiple miscarriages. Im heartbroken from one, and I was only 4 weeks 5 days before I miscarried. I had one day where I allowed myself to enjoy being pregnant, and the next I was bleeding and in hospital. With some cruel twist of fate, my hcg levels were actually good that day. And I had to wait another 3 days to find out for sure that al that red blood was definitely not a good sign.
I meant for this to be about my body, sorry about the digression. I have had bright red bleeding since Sunday (less on Monday and then returned on Tuesday). Its been much lighter than my period. I was on progesterone until yesterday morning, when they confirmed the loss. What should I expect? Will the bleeding last a while? Will it get heavier? Will I have a weird, irregular cycle this month? I just have no idea what to expect.

me: 34 DH: 35 TTC since: Sep 2015

Jan 2018- Lap for Endo, and septum removal surgery

Mar-Aug 2018- 3 failed IUIs

Nov 2018- IVF...got my very first ever positive. 

Dec 19 2018- confirmed loss. at 5 weeks. cry.gif

Feb. 2019- preparing for first FET. Let's do this!

March 13, 2019- Transfer date for FET #1

March 18, 2019- turned 34 and got a squinter 5dp5dt.

March 22, 2019- Positive Beta! 

April 8, 2019- 1st ultrasound. all good except a small SCH.

#2 DorothyandToto

DorothyandToto
  • Global 100+
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:My furry children, movies, Pilates, travel, cooking
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:57 AM

I’m sure everyone is different. I miscarried at 7 weeks and the first day of bright red blood was the worst for me...almost like a faucet of blood and tissue being turned on. The second day was still heavy, but not nearly as much...I slowed down drastically the next few days and was done bleeding within a week. My doctor gave me a prescription for something to bring on my period fairly quickly again...like two weeks later (I’m not sure what as this was almost 10 years ago). After that medically induced period, I had to have an ultrasound to make sure my uterus was “clear.” I guess to make sure all the tissue was gone...as in no venous blood flowing toward a particular area or anything which can be a sign of remaining tissue, thus necessitating a D&C. After this, my period came regularly the next month.
I’m sorry for your loss.

#3 hw209

hw209
  • Global 100+
  • 131 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Calgary Regional Fertility Program

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:41 AM

Aimee because it is so early you may not even see anything that looks like tissue. Ive had several losses at around 4.5 weeks and when the bleeding started it was probably a bit lighter than my regular period but lasted about the same amount of time. My next cycles were always normal. My miscarriages at around 8 weeks were a lot different. Sorry you have to go through this, it really sucks.

#4 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:26 AM

Thanks for sharing your stories. It does suck. I didn't think it would suck so much when I was barely pregnant. I had a big clot/tissue piece on Sunday, that was the worst day. Since then it's been relatively light. I'll be glad if my next cycle is normal.

#5 Aimeehug

Aimeehug
  • Global 100+
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:22 AM

So the nurse just called to let me know my levels are below 5, and I should expect some bleeding in the next bit again, but it won't be a true period. Am I going to bleed again??!! I just want to move on, I had bright red bleeding for 4 or 5 days last week, no more please.