#51 Kate333

Kate333
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

BlueD enjoy your ultrasound Wednesday

May you mean the 12 week ultrasound? I will have mine Friday. Is the one ultrasound that puts me at ease for the rest of the pregnancy. Knowing that the baby is fine and there is no problems that i need to worry about. Sometimes is beter to know early on than have surprises after birth and have a baby that will probably suffer for the rest of his life. This is just my opinion though. No judging here as everyone has the right to do whatever makes them more comfortable. I wish you good luck

#52 May8

May8
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

Thanks Kate, In BC the 12 week scan doesn't really seem to be a thing. Unless you are high risk or want to pay for it privately.  I am getting an 11 week ultrasound just because I asked, I just couldn't imagine not seeing the little one from 9 weeks till anatomy scan. Thanks for your input, I agree that it is nice to have some more information which will hopefully give some peace of mind. We were really back n forth for a while but have decided to do the covered prenatal screening option which is  2 blood tests. I also just feel like it's better to be prepared. I think if you come back high risk they will do a scan then. I am from Ontario originally and I find it interesting how each province does things so differently. That is exciting that you are almost 12 weeks good luck this Friday! 

Blue - Hope the scan went well today :)

TTC since Aug 2014

5 failed IUI's - 3 natural, 2 with letrozole

IVF #1 Nov 2016 Freeze All - 13 Eggs, 10 Fertilized with ICSI, only 1 made it to freeze 

Natural FET Dec 2016 - BFN

IVF #2 June 2017 - 9 eggs, 7 fertilized , 2 blasts

Fresh transfer - BFN

FET Oct 2017 - BFN 

IVF #3 Nov 2017 Freeze All - 12 eggs, 10 fertilized Froze 2 day 3's and 3 blasts 

FET Jan 2018 transferred one day 3 - BFN 

FET May 2018 - BFN

FET Nov 2018 - First Ever BFPyahoo.gif Beta 9dp6dt-135   11dp6dt-393

#53 BlueDaisy84

BlueDaisy84
  • 48 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:57 PM

Hi Ladies, 

So had the scan today. Measuring at 8w2d, so 2 days ahead :)

Heartbeat was perfect at 170. 

My gut is telling me this is a little girl, but I will see on delivery day!

Now I am just trying to get sorted with an obgyn and get the first big scan done from 11-14 weeks. 

The first doctor I was referred to won't take me until 13 weeks which is cutting it a little close for the scan, so I'm seeing if I can be referred to another doctor. 

How are you guys doing with nausea/morning sickness? 

• marais likes this

Me 33, DH 33

Infertility History:
- Diagnosed with Male Factor Infertility in Jan 2013
- IUI #1 04/13 @ Procrea Fertility Clinic - 100,000 sperm, 0% motile
- Switched to Mt. Sinai for greater support/help
- IUI #2 05/14 Natural Cycle - 6M sperm Grade B - BFN
- IUI #3 08/14 used chlomid - 2.4M sperm Grade B - BFN
- IVF #1 10/14 21 eggs retrieved, 21 eggs fertilized, 13 day 5 blasts.
- Fresh Transfer 10/14 - 1 4AA embryo - BFN
- IVF 1.2 Frozen Transfer 04/15 - 2 embryos (4AA and 3AA)BFN
- IVF 1.3 Frozen Transfer 09/15 - 2 embryos (4AA and 3CC) BFP!!!
Blood work #1 - 34?? sad.png
Blood Work #2 - 68!
Blood Work #3 - (4 days later) 750! It's official!
On May 20, 2016 we gave birth to our beautiful baby boy 8pd 2oz
Luca Kristopher Talan smile.png
- IVF 1.4 12/18 Transferred one beautiful 4BB blast
- 12/18/18 - BFP!
Blood work #1 216!

Blood work #2 651! 

- 8 week scan showed a darling baby with a HB of 170

#54 Kate333

Kate333
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:09 PM

Bluedaisy glad your acan went well. My girls heartrate was in the 180s so who knows. This time is a little lower so im hoping is a boy for dh anyway lol

AFM i had my 12 w prenatal screening today. The baby was doing well. Moving and waiving so cute. Will get the results on Wednesday. My morning sickness is the same not getting any better. This is the worst part of pregnancy. I hate is so much that i told DH no more babies haha he said than whos going to give birth to the rest two embroys?... i was like do whatever you want lol i knowni will change my mind second trimester for sure.
  • marais likes this

#55 May8

May8
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:17 PM

Hey ladies,

I've been off the forums a bit lately, just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Not too much is new with me, in the past week I've been feeling pretty good the nausea is basically gone and I have a lot more energy. I am no longer doing an 11 week scan as I realized that I do actually qualify for a NT scan because I did IVF with ICSI, so just waiting on that which won't be till Feb 4th. 

Blue - That is awesome news about your scan! After my 9 week scan I had a strong gut feeling that I'm having a little boy in there but now the feelings not as strong, but maybe it's just because I haven't seen them in a while. How's the search going for an obgyn, have you found one?

Kate - So cute that the little one was waving at your last scan! Ugh your morning sickness sounds like the worst! I feel so lucky that mine has been so minimal, I have had friends who have had it really bad and I know there is not much to be done but wait it out. Hopefully with the 2nd trimester so close you are starting to feel a little more normal. Haha I'm sure having a selective memory is helpful when it comes to the next time around :)

TTC since Aug 2014

IVF #1 Nov 2016 Freeze All - 13 Eggs, 10 Fertilized with ICSI, only 1 made it to freeze 

Fresh transfer - BFN

FET Oct 2017 - BFN 

IVF #3 Nov 2017 Freeze All - 12 eggs, 10 fertilized Froze 2 day 3's and 3 blasts 

FET May 2018 - BFN

#56 marais

marais
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:37 PM

Hello everyone!  

This is my first post... I'm due on August 21 - my mom's birthday. :)  After two egg retrieval cycles (age 39), we had 4 normal embryos (1 after the first, 3 after the second). In Dec 2018 at the age of 42, I did our first frozen embryo transfer and it omg - it worked. This would be our first child. I'm a little self-conscious of being such an old first time mom, lol, but in my area it's actually pretty common. My OB was like, we have a lot of patients over 40. 

My husband and I are just really excited. I alternate between being excited and freaking out, but today I'm pretty good! I wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies. :)

1) Where's everyone from? Province or area?

I'm from and live in Los Angeles, CA in the United States.

2) How many children would you like to have, if possible?

I have such a close relationship with my sibling, and always loved the thought of two, but I'd be happy with just one at this point. lol

3) Do you have a preference with gender?

I do. We did genetic screenings on our embryos and I knew the sex of the embryo that we transferred. But I really just want a healthy child. More than anything in the world.

4) Does your fam/friends know about your IVF journey?

My close friends do. In fact, I have a friend that's going through the same process to - she transfers her embryo in February. It would be so great to be pregnancy buddies. 

5) What are your announcement ideas? 

Now that I'm at 11 weeks (saw OB at 8, heard the heartbeat) I felt mildly comfortable telling some family members - my mom and dad are both in the medical field, so they know the situation. I didn't do anything special, just told them I was pregnant in person. Telling my 90 year old grandmother was really nice - although she might forget it the next time I talk with her! lol My husband stuck a picture of the ultrasound in a birthday card for his mother. 

#57 Kate333

Kate333
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:16 PM

May how did your NT scan went? I hope all is well.

Marais welcome and congratulations! How are you feeling?

Hows everyone else feeling? Ia beonen quest here.

I am feeling better thank god but there are days that i feel nauseous. Yesterday was one of those days and i actually threw up blood🙀 and didnt sleep until 5am. I was up all night struggling to sleep but couldnt. This morning i got my doppler out and checked the heartbeat. Founf it right away and was about 147bpm. So i guess the little one is doing ok

#58 marais

marais
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:27 PM

Oh, Im so sorry to hear about all the horrible morning sickness. Mine is practically non-existent... sometimes I get twinges of nausea, but most of the time I feel pretty decent. I love going to the drs office because I can actually check and see that everything ok and that Im still pregnant! The 12 week visit was so cool - the tech had me bend my knees and the baby started waving her arms and moving around - it was crazy! Im growing a person! Lol

Ive heard that ginger can help with morning sickness... have you found anything that works? At any rate, its supposed to get better going forward and I hope thats the case with you Kate!

Tomorrow makes 13 weeks and end of the first trimester (or first week of second? Still not sure about pregnancy math lol) so Im planning on telling my boss. Im a little nervous - were a small company and my absence will definitely be felt. Wish me luck!

#59 May8

May8
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:05 AM

Kate - I am so happy to hear that you are finally finding some relief even if for now it is just a few days at a time. Hopefully those bad days will be soon non-existent. That is cool that you have an at home doppler, I considered getting one but so far the appointments have been frequent enough I haven't needed to wait too long to hear or see the baby. Do you have your detailed anatomy scan booked?

Welcome Marais! I also loved the 12 week scan, it was so amazing to see all that detail from the fingers to the lobes of the brain! I know what you mean about the awe of growing a person, I had another scan a few days ago and the babe was crossing it hands and rubbing its face and it was just so natural looking. How did it go telling your boss?

All is well over here, NT scan was normal and I loved getting to have a longer look at the little one. I also just met my OB this week and she is amazing, so experienced and also warm, so I felt comfortable right away. Also she has an ultrasound machine in her clinic so I got another sneak peek of the little one. She asked if I wanted to be surprised with gender, which I do, but then she said she could already tell, - it makes it so much more tempting when you know someone has the answer!!  I feel pretty lucky to be able to qualify for share care and have both my team of midwives and the OB looking after me and the little one. 

Is anyone thinking about going on a babymoon?

Hope everyone else is well and enjoying being in the 2nd trimester or at least almost there! 

• ClaraMiranda likes this

TTC since Aug 2014

Fresh transfer - BFN

FET Oct 2017 - BFN 

FET May 2018 - BFN

#60 Kate333

Kate333
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:16 AM

Marais - im so glad uou 12 weeks visit was nice and you got to see your little waiving at you. You prety lucky that you dont feel any symptoms. Trust me is not fun at all. I have tried literally everything even ginger and nothing helps. I have days that i feel fine and others that i feel crapy but i have to get used to it because i think this is how this pregnancy will go all the way. Have your told your boss yet? How did it go?

May- am happy your NT scan was good. And also so happy for you that your OB is nice and you feel comfortable. Mine is great too and i know how important that is. She was amzing delivering my second daughter. I felt so lucky to have her there. Are you stil thinking of not finding out the gender or have you changed your mind LOL i always want to know but if I didnt and knew that the OB knew what it was i would definitely be curious. As for babymoon, well i think about it every day but somewhere nice like in the DR or the Bahamas but I cant because of Zika. So im stuck in this cold weather burrr

I hope everyone is doing well. Is been quiet here for sure.

#61 marais

marais
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:32 PM

I told my boss and it went well.  I don't think I'm going to return to work, but who knows? We don't have paid maternity leave - go America! - so I'm really lucky to have the option of staying home if I want to.  We've got some big projects coming up and he's looking for more help, so that's good. I'd feel bad about leaving the company in a lurch. I haven't told my 3 coworkers yet... nervous about that too. lol

Kate, that's funny that you mentioned Zika. Last night my husband was like, did you leave the window open? Because I hear a mosquito. Now I hated mosquitos before I got pregnant, but now I was kind of freaking out and planning on moving to the guest bedroom to sleep! I even went to the California Department of Health website and read their February report which confirmed that there's been no Zika mosquito transmission in the entire state (people have gotten it from traveling to other places though). So I sprayed some natural insect repellent and went to sleep. :)  We might go to NYC or something for a weekend, but no real plans for a babymoon. My favorite thing to do when I travel is eat and drink, and pregnancy makes that a lot less fun. 

One of my good friends did an embryo transfer a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard from her. :(   I was really hoping that we'd be pregnant together. I was waiting and waiting for her to give me beta numbers, but there's been nothing. I want to reach out to her, just to let her know that I'm thinking about her, but I don't want to bring up any hurt feelings. Especially since it was lucky enough to work for me... I don't want to rub my pregnancy in her face. :(

#62 Kate333

Kate333
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 11:11 AM

Hi everyone how are you all doing? This thread has been so quiet