• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JBC

JBC
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:59 PM

Hi--I'm looking into the option of IVF and am wondering which countries are the best for it. I've heard that Israel is pretty good. Do any of you have experience having gone through it there? I'm pretty new to this whole world and am finding myself somewhat overwhelmed. I greatly appreciate any help or advice you may have for me

Thanks happy.png

#2 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:16 PM

Hi--I'm looking into the option of IVF and am wondering which countries are the best for it. I've heard that Israel is pretty good. Do any of you have experience having gone through it there? I'm pretty new to this whole world and am finding myself somewhat overwhelmed. I greatly appreciate any help or advice you may have for me

Thanks happy.png

I don't have personal experience, but Amy D Kline wrote about her IVFs in Israel for Motherlode at the New York Times.  

https://parenting.bl...rney-to-israel/

https://parenting.bl...thor/amy-klein/

Sounds like many good clinics in Israel.  Israel's health system gives excellent IVF coverage -- through 2 babies, I believe.  I went to Greece for DE IVF, and the treatment was excellent.  I've heard good things about the Czech Republic and IVF clinics.  

IVF is a LOT cheaper outside of North America.  Maybe about 2,000 Euros for own egg IVF.  USA & Canada are the most expensive in the world.  

Good Luck!  

• JBC likes this

#3 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:54 AM

Have a look into Czech Republic. I did a cycle in zlin and it was fantastic. Affordable. State of the art. Safe. (I worry about going to Israel though Id really love to go too!) and flights and accommodations are reasonable too!
  • JBC likes this

See about me page.

#4 JBC

JBC
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:00 AM

Thank you both so much for your responses! I wish it were cheaper here...

Have a look into Czech Republic. I did a cycle in zlin and it was fantastic. Affordable. State of the art. Safe. (I worry about going to Israel though Id really love to go too!) and flights and accommodations are reasonable too!

When you say you'd love to go to Israel, do you mean in general or for IVF? 

#5 JIC

JIC
  • 1000+
  • 1077 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:38 PM

I started to look into it but switched to staying in Toronto. Feom what I found online it seemed to be a very positive experience. In general they have a good medical system and ivf is heavily funded.
  • JBC likes this

Nov 2016 Feb 2017 4 failed iui

Mar 2017 IVF 3 pgs abnormal embryos

Oct 2017 IVF 1 pgs normal embryo

Dec 2017 FET  6.5 mc

May 2018 Donor FET 5 week mc

Feb 2019 Donor FET 5.5 week mc

Mar 2021 completed adopt ready

#6 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

Thank you both so much for your responses! I wish it were cheaper here...

When you say you'd love to go to Israel, do you mean in general or for IVF? 

For Israel I meant in general. Such an interesting historical place.

As for cost, we did a donor egg cycle in zlin, with a two week dream vacation for less than a regular ivf cycle here in Canada! Youll get an even better price on standard ivf than DE. And Czech was so reasonably priced to stay in and to eat out!
  • JBC likes this

See about me page.

#7 Dita-Ivona

Dita-Ivona
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Liverpool FC, the Red Sea, Ebay
  • My Clinic:KINDERWUNSCHZENTRUM+WCOB

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:31 AM

Hi! How is it going? I underwent IVF in Hamburg, Germany 2 years ago. The whole process was arranged by Israel’s team of doctors. Germany and Israel are partners in this field, I suppose. They actively cooperate. The team I applied to has its own clinics in Israel performing Egg Donation programs as well. Such type of service is prohibited in Germany, Switzerland, Italy. I didn’t look for an Egg donor so I can’t say more.

I’ve been to Israel as a tourist. It’s a very small but fascinating country. I meant that treatment isn’t the only reason to visit it. Also I heard much good about CR, Ukraine, Greece. 

• “Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future.”

#8 speranza

speranza
  • 10 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:36 AM

@Tess how did you decide on Greece and which clinic did you use? We just had a failed IVF cycle in Canada. Only 1 embryo out of 7 eggs and I just got a negative test 1 week ago. 

I found both a clinic in the Czech Republic (Brno) and many in Athens. I'm trying to look at stats for pregnancy rates, but they are all similar. Not sure how to choose a clinic. We have spoken with 2 in Athens already, and I've emailed a couple more. 

Would love to know how you selected a clinic out of so many options! 

Me 36 DH 53

2010 BFP early MC, and D&C, giant cyst discovered on left ovary

TTC since 2011, no idea how many ovulation tests and BFNs

2014 SHG tubes looked normal, probably a failure of the test... cyst on ovary renamed endometrioma

2018 spermanalysis - low count

2018 u/s - stage 3 endo

2018 HSG w/xray left tube blocked in middle, right tube sort of open but fluid stopped near end before getting to ovary

2018 HSG w/xray left tube ballooned in middle (so much pressure from dr. OUCH), fluid stopped near end of tubes on both sides

2019 IVF #1, gained 9 kg from the drugs... 

6 follicles on right 3 on left, dr. could only get 1 on left because of cyst

7 eggs total, only 1 fertilized, Fresh 3 day transfer, BFN 

IVF#2 hopefully this summer

We are waiting for the effects of the many supplements we have both started taking... 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: israel, ivf, advice, help