• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 S_secret

S_secret
  • Global 100+
  • 333 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:20 PM

Has anyone had recurring unexplained implantation failure and had any of the DRs at heartland give them different protocols than the normal? Intralipids or fragmin or intrauterine PRP? Anything besides prednisone low dose aspirin and the usually estrace and progesterone? I am not having any success convincing them to try another protocol or maybe something out of the norm. Does anyone know any naturopaths that do these types of things?

Last chance coming up and it feels like a long shot so wanting to throw anything at it we can

#2 hw209

hw209
  • Global 100+
  • 131 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Calgary Regional Fertility Program

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:34 PM

Have you had a biopsy/ERA done to test receptivity? I know some doctors dont believe in it but others do.
And have you tried acupuncture? When I do my transfer I plan to do a 30 min session prior to transfer and another 30 min session immediately after. Its supposed to help with blood flow to aid implantation.

#3 Dawn82

Dawn82
  • Global 100+
  • 641 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:01 PM

Hy secret

I dont think there is a lot of protocols there. How many transfer have you done?

I did medicated and natural cycles. 1 medicated worked but I miscarried. I did a totally natural and am currently 27 weeks with twins.

I have done a total of 8 transfers. 3 failed then finally did a double miscarried. Did 3 more singles failed. And did another double and here I am.

#4 S_secret

S_secret
  • Global 100+
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:25 PM

I have done acupuncture and it didnt seem to do anything. So far I have done 1 fresh single and 2 frozen double transfers. One was a chemical. All the others negative. Dr Mctavish suggested an ERA wouldnt really help this time as we are planning on transferring 3 day embryos (not embryos at this stage? I dunno). They are from a donor.

#5 Dawn82

Dawn82
  • Global 100+
  • 641 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:36 PM

Ok. Well as far as era they offered that to me. But I did have success with one. Which do did you with your chemical. How many embryos do you have left? Have you thought about growing them to day 5 and doing a transfer?

I have read that an embryo that is competent will make it in you or in the lab. Instead of putting the pressure on you put the pressure on the lab to grow them out? Ive heard of people doing that.

#6 S_secret

S_secret
  • Global 100+
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:31 PM

Well the donors have 3 day 3 embryos they are offering to us. The lab and dr McTavish said they wouldnt grow them to day 5 unless we wanted them to but there really wouldnt be a point. He also said that my incubator would work just as well as the labs.

The ERA they would offer it if we were doing a day 5 but he said its not helpful with day 3s.

The chemical was 2 of our own embryos that were day 5. They were the worst graded ones.

#7 Dawn82

Dawn82
  • Global 100+
  • 641 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:14 PM

https://www.acfs2000...o-transfer.html

Take a look at that literature. Ive read many studies from
Embryologists who have the same opinion. There is one on the Internet you can email and he answers questions about specific cases.

Where did you do your donor cycle?

#8 Dawn82

Dawn82
  • Global 100+
  • 641 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:17 PM

Just some food for thought. We always should do what we feel
Comfortable doing.

#9 S_secret

S_secret
  • Global 100+
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 02:45 PM

We didnt do a donor cycle. The embryos were donated to us. And yes. They are from a cycle donors did appx 6 years ago when day 3 transfers were the norm. I am aware the norm is now to transfer day 5 which is what we did for all 3 of our transfers and none of them resulted in a viable pregnancy.

I think we are willing to try something different since we havent had success. This is why I am not nervous about transferring day 3 embryos. I am interested in other things we could do which could positively affect implantation but regardless of literature or opinion I am not sure Day 5 is always the ticket. Clearly hasnt been for us. Dr McTavish communicated that he has had viable pregnancies even recently with patients who asked to transfer day 3. So this is what we are planning.

I know the implantation is the part that science hasnt figured out just yet and unfortunately that appears to be our issue. I am going to have to have faith and continue on I think. Cant force it to work. If we could have then we would all be parents! :)

#10 Dawn82

Dawn82
  • Global 100+
  • 641 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 03:08 PM

Thats a great attitude to have. Gotta have faith. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. I am hoping with the new doctors that have come
Over from other clinics offer lots of great changes!