2 replies to this topic

#1 Mokalissima

Mokalissima
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:CPA Ste-Justine

Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:01 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm new here.  After a surgery for fibroids, 5 failed IUI and four years in the fertility process, my husband (40) and I (37) decided it was time to move up in the world of fertility and try IVF. I'm on my second day of Gonal-f and Luveris - already feeling weird effects (jitters woke me up this morning and now I have this dull headache). I'm followed at Ste-Justine in Montreal and I have been well taken care of so far. I guess I'm anxious and a little scared of what is to come.  It feels like placing 10000$ on the red at a roulette game, but with side effects! 

Anyway!  Happy to hear about you and your stories too!

Maude

• travelbaby likes this

#2 travelbaby

travelbaby
  • Global 100+
  • 171 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:18 PM

Hi Maude, I'm new too Emoticons01015.gif

Age 35, hubby age 36,  3 failed IUI, But I have been doing research on IVF. 

In fact, I'm travelling to Europe for one cycle. Already started the consultation, and they will be delivering the GF 900 to me soon 

I found one thing, the drugs in Canada is way too expensive. I almost used up my drug plan for the IUIs, so I'm glad that I found this option. 

My doc in Europe put me on Birth control pill right now, not sure if the Canadian Dr like to do the same. 

It's suppose to control the period when you travel for IVF, and make the ovary respond better to the stimulation drugs

I also calculated my total cost including the airfare, and hotel, food. it will be closed to 10K in total, that's another reason why I consider this over Canada, as I'm still on waiting list and won't have it until 2020 . Here is my story tuzki-bunny-emoticon-029.gif

#3 travelbaby

travelbaby
  • Global 100+
  • 171 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:16 AM

Hello! I've visited Europe for this reason too giggle.gif in fact, Ukraine. I was much cheaper so we could afford ityahoo.gif

Wish you all the best! preggo.gif  

Did they ask you to take the birth control pills too? how long did you stay there? i can only stay for 13 days,and not sure if that will be enough. The clinic that I'm in contact prefer to do the monitor and simulations at home, then go there for retrieval and transfer.  I might need to buy tickets last mins. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IVF, PCOS, new, looking to share