Anyone have a viable pregnancy with no baby at six weeks? - PG Loss - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone have a viable pregnancy with no baby at six weeks?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:32 PM

I found out Im pregnant naturally. Its a surprise. But at what we thought was over six weeks the US saw only a sac no baby and measured 5w2d. Today I landed up at the hospital with cramping and bleeding. I was sure I was done. But my hcg was low but ok, and while Im bleeding theres still a sac visible. No heartbeat yet. The report was not specific so I dont know if there was an embryo but no hb. I have a regularly scheduled US on Saturday where if the first Us dates are right Ill be 7w2d. Should I give things till 8 weeks to be certain? Has anyone had a slow to grow pregnancy with bleeding turn out ok?

See about me page.

#2 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3311 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:49 AM

Quandry I do not have experience with this but am wondering what your hCG level was? When correlated with hCG levels, a gestational sac should be seen on ultrasound when the hCG level when it has reached about 1500 to 2000 (from verywellfamily). If your hCG was not as high it may be that you could have ovulated later than you think and therefore are not as far as you think you should be.

#3 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:37 PM

Thanks returnable. There was a gestational sac seen, measuring 5w2 days. Its definite I ovulated late just not sure how late. My first US was 11 days ago. Had one yesterday at the hospital and still no heartbeat. And lots of bleeding but still an intact sac. Levels yesterday were just under 15000

See about me page.

#4 DorothyandToto

DorothyandToto
  • Global 100+
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:My furry children, movies, Pilates, travel, cooking
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:59 PM

Is this possibly a blighted ovum? I’ve not had experience with one, but I do know that hCG levels continue to rise until the body naturally miscarries.
Here’s to hoping that you ovulated extra late and a fetal pole will be seen at your next ultrasound.

#5 kayte1

kayte1
  • Global 100+
  • 228 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:02 PM

Quandary, just wanted to send you lots of love. These days of waiting and discomfort are so hard. Youve been through so much and then who wouldve guessed a natural pregnancy... so hopeful for you and just wanted to send you a big virtual hug while you wait for more info.

#6 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

Thanks everyone. Just did another beta draw to see if numbers are going up or down. Im still bleeding, enough for a pantilinet not a pad yet... but I was yesterday too when they still saw a sac. I just want to know yes or no. Thats it. I dont want to have the loss while alone at home with the kids and hubby too far away to help.

See about me page.

#7 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:53 AM

Loss finally confirmed. Now trying to manage the loss at home and hoping I dont need to go to the Er.

See about me page.

#8 DorothyandToto

DorothyandToto
  • Global 100+
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:31 AM

I’m so sorry quandry.

#9 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3311 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:19 AM

<quandry>

#10 kayte1

kayte1
  • Global 100+
  • 228 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:29 AM

Sending my love, Quandry. Did you say your husband is away? Is there a family member or friend nearby whom you would trust if you need time alone and care for your kids? Wish I could be there for you, praying for this to go physically as easily as it could for you .

#11 DorothyandToto

DorothyandToto
  • Global 100+
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:44 PM

Please let us know how you are doing when you get a chance.