1 reply to this topic

#1 shbabyjourney

shbabyjourney
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:37 PM

Hi all..

My husband and I got an Azoospermia diagnosis a year ago and since then we have:

-done a micro tese- 3 vials of sperm retrieved and got a Serotoli Only Syndrome dx

- Done 2 IVF cycles, first one resulting in 2 embroyos, one which arrested day 5 and the other transferred day 3 and failed.

2nd IVF i just completed and found out the 2 left over vials of sperm didn't survive thaw on the day of my retrieval, there is no sperm. I cant believe it!

We have eggs on ice and broken hearts. We wait to see Dr. Kirk Lo to see if a second Micro-tese is any option. **Donor sperm isnt an option for us**

I guess my question is, does anyone have experience with a repeated micro tese on NOA?

I am just dying for some hope. thankk you so much!

#2 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:28 AM

Our TESA extracted sperm didn't survive thaw very well. We ended up with very poor fertilization (4 of 13 mature eggs) and only one blast. We did not know this in advance but apparently this can be common with this type of sperm. We were going to try again with a fresh sample but ended up having my partner have a vasectomy reversal (that was our issue) instead. 

Sorry. I don't have experience with your specific scenario but have a lot of empathy for you. 

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.