• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 S_secret

S_secret
  • Global 100+
  • 333 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:11 PM

Long story short. We did 2 ivf cycles and 2 fet cycles. Result 1 chemical. No babies. We have explored adoptions, embryo donation, travelling abroad etc etc. We are living childless and learning to cope. Its hard finding others like us. Is anyone on this forum?

#2 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:05 PM

Hi S_secret - I'm so sorry this incredibly trying & taxing journey didn't result in the hoped for outcome.  :(  There tend to be more posts in this thread if you'd like to join.  https://ivf.ca/forums/topic/52930-the-notmoms/page-104#entry2670375 

• gibasgirl likes this
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#3 Leanzybear

Leanzybear
  • 5 posts
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:24 AM

Its a tough road! So sorry.
Are you still looking for potential donors?
Thx

#4 S_secret

S_secret
  • Global 100+
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:58 PM

Surprisingly enough we were contacted by a donor family out of the blue. I thought I deleted all of our profiles but I guess not. We are exploring our options and getting to know each other. Life is a crazy thing!

#5 Leanzybear

Leanzybear
  • 5 posts
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:10 AM

Good luck! 🙏

#6 Chil22

Chil22
  • Global 100+
  • 247 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:07 PM

Good luck!

#7 S_secret

S_secret
  • Global 100+
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

Thanks! We are deciding what to do. There is a lot to consider. I am also worried part of our unexplained is implantation issues with my lining or something considering we had 5 beauties that didnt work.

I also feel like if the universe brought this to us we shouldnt pass it up. But protecting my heart is also something I am thinking about.
  • gibasgirl likes this

#8 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:02 PM

It's all so very challenging and the only "right" decision is the one you are comfortable making. All the best to you as you wade through your options.
  • gibasgirl likes this
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#9 DorothyandToto

DorothyandToto
  • Global 100+
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:My furry children, movies, Pilates, travel, cooking
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:17 PM

My husband and I are childless as well (over 14 years). We are set for a funded cycle in April, but to be honest, I don’t hold out much hope. We live in Oakville, ON and we are literally the only childless couple I know...