• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#251 maybebaby16

maybebaby16
  • 90 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:TRIO, cycling at Lakeridge

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:13 AM

Thinking of you, returnable. Nothing but positive thoughts and big hugs for you, your husband and your precious boy.
  • returnable likes this

IVF #1 - May 2017 - 30 eggs retrieved, 25 mature, 17 fertilized, 2 blasts

FET #1 - August 2017 - BFN

FET #2 - October 2017 - BFN

IVF#2 - February 2018 - 16 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 10 fertilized, 4 blasts

FET #3 - March 2018 - BFN

FET #4 - May 2018 - BFP! Baby girl born Feb. 10/19

#252 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3282 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:02 PM

So we are a week into this journey. Looking back DH reminded that I felt a bit off on the weekend and had a bit of nausea. The abdominal discomfort started very early Monday morning. I just though I had gas or an upset stomach but in a couple of ours I started getting what I now know were contractions. By 4:30 in the morning the contractions were stronger and regular so I woke DH up and we drove to the hospital. The contractions were consistently 3 minutes apart. I was admitted pretty quickly and started on a medication to hopefully get them to stop. It made zero difference for me. When I got into OB triage I was 1 cm dilated and just kept progressing as the day went on. At 6:30 pm they gave up on the meds and just focused on the progression of labour. At some point in the early afternoon the contractions were getting very strong and baby was starting to show stress so they gave me an epidural as a c-section was threatening. The epidural they gave me allowed me to control to a certain extent how much pain management I needed. In the late evening the contractions started also in my vaginal area and after a few of those they checked me and I was fully dilated. So off we went to the OR and I managed to push baby out pretty quickly. He was whisked away and DH got to see some of the care of the baby while I finished up with the birth.

The past week has been a whirlwind. We are in love with the baby but of course worried what his very early arrival means in the short and long term. So far he is doing okay and getting his feeds increased so that he can start gaining weight. Sunnybrook NICU is a big proponent of breast milk so as soon as I gave birth I started hand expressing my colostrum every three hours and moved on to the breast pump on the third day. I have to pump 10 times a day so with that, spending time with the baby, and driving back and forth to the hospital I'm absolutely exhausted.

But it makes it all worth it to spend time with the baby and especially my prescious skin on skin time when he is having a good day. It's always difficult leaving the hospital at the end of the day but we take it one day at a time.

Thank you for all the well wishes. I hope he rest of you are doing okay.
  • CrisBelieve, FMandAM, schlepp and 3 others like this

#253 Belle57

Belle57
  • Global 100+
  • 125 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:08 PM

Thank you for the update. Youre doing an incredible job mama❤ Amazing job pumping ❤ Sending you and DH and baby strength.

#254 Chil22

Chil22
  • Global 100+
  • 247 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:14 AM

Returnable- I second Belles response- thank you for the update during this stressful and tiring time. Wishing you,Dh snd your little one strengh. Xo

#255 hopefuldadsomeday

hopefuldadsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 723 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for the update Returnable!  What a dedicated mom and dad, your baby is in good hands.  Hope he continues to grow well and look forward to you posting the day you can bring him home!

March 2016 - Miscarriage #1 (chemical pregnancy)

August 2016 -  Miscarriage #2 (Trisomy-16)

December 2016 - Miscarriage #3 (unknown - suspected chromosomal abnormality)

IVF #1 - Aug 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol) - 9 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 blastocysts, only 1 PGS normal embryo 5BB mitoscore 25.1 (frozen)

IVF #2 - Nov 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol - with testosterone priming and growth hormone) - 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 5BB mitoscore 33.12 (frozen)

IVF #3 - Jan 2018 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol with growth hormone) -  4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 6BB mitoscore 29.82 (frozen)

FET #1 - March 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining (6.25mm)

FET #1.2 - April 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining again! (4.85mm)

FET #1.3 - June 4, 2018 (lining 7.5mm!) - th_abfn.gif

ERA Aug 2018 - Pre-receptive by 1 day

FET #2 - Sep 18, 2018 (lining 6.9mm) th_abfp.gif  Beta #1: Sep 30, 2018 - 682  Beta #2: Oct 6,2018 - 6656 U/S: Oct 15 - measuring 6w4d (CRL 6.87mm), HR 127bpm! U/S: Oct 25 - measuring 8w1d (CRL 16.69mm), HR 168bpm!  Discharged to midwives!  June 7, 2019: It's a girl!  DD born 7lb 2oz babygirl.gif

#256 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:50 PM

Returnable, 

I hope you remember me, Amazing Grace. I just wanted to send my love to you and your baby. Your baby will continue to progress and in no time, home with you and hubby. Sending you love and light during this time.

• returnable likes this

#257 hopefuldadsomeday

hopefuldadsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 723 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:35 PM

Momsomeday -  how is the move coming along?

Returnable - any update on your little one?

Very minor update for us, wife passed the glucose tolerance but her iron is low.  Appointment with OB/GYN is in early April regarding my wife's placenta succenturiate lobe.  Hope everybody else is doing well!

IVF #1 - Aug 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol) - 9 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 blastocysts, only 1 PGS normal embryo 5BB mitoscore 25.1 (frozen)

IVF #2 - Nov 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol - with testosterone priming and growth hormone) - 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 5BB mitoscore 33.12 (frozen)

IVF #3 - Jan 2018 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol with growth hormone) -  4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 6BB mitoscore 29.82 (frozen)

FET #2 - Sep 18, 2018 (lining 6.9mm) th_abfp.gif  Beta #1: Sep 30, 2018 - 682  Beta #2: Oct 6,2018 - 6656 U/S: Oct 15 - measuring 6w4d (CRL 6.87mm), HR 127bpm! U/S: Oct 25 - measuring 8w1d (CRL 16.69mm), HR 168bpm!  Discharged to midwives!  June 7, 2019: It's a girl!  DD born 7lb 2oz babygirl.gif

#258 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3282 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:15 AM

Some days it feels like we will get through all this and some days it just feels like too much. It's so hard to see the baby going through what he has to. Yesterday he had a challenging day. It's mainly to do with breathing though he also had to get his feeding tube replaced at least four times. It's hard to see him going through all this. One day at a time.

#259 Belle57

Belle57
  • Global 100+
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:21 AM

Lots of love to you returnable. Lots of love❤️ And hugs. Hoping for easier and less challenging days.
  • returnable likes this

#260 Chil22

Chil22
  • Global 100+
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:08 AM

Returnable- thinking if you often . Praying the corner is being turned. I cant imagine how tough this has been. Please do your best to take care of yourself. Xo

HDS- great on the glucose trst and pretty typical on the low iron. I have had to takeniron tablets on both pregnancies- this one was later than the previous one. Things are good here as I just hit 35.5 weeks. Had a check up this week and baby is pointing down so we are in the stretch. Suffering with a cold that I picked up from our son.
I hope every one is else is good!
  • returnable likes this

#261 Momsomeday

Momsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive fertility

Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:07 PM

Returnable - I am happy that your son is getting the medical care he needs. It must be a very helpless feeling when he is so small and has many milestones left to go. I think about you and your baby all the time, and am rooting for you both. I hope you are able to take some time for self care during this stressful situation 💕

Hopefuldad - congrats on the glucose test! I've also heard low iron is very common, and way WAY less of a burden than gestational diabetes would have been. Hopefully its smooth sailing for the rest of your wife's pregnancy!

Chil22- colds during pregnancy are the worst!! My husband had a horrible one last week and I've been avoiding him as much as possible. He gets to load up on cold meds 24/7, but we dont get to do that! Hopefully it's a short lived virus for you!

AFM - we have successfully moved as of Thursday. I am so happy we decided to make the move, this new place already feels more like home. Now I can finally give in to all my nesting instincts and decorate/organize until my hearts content 😁.
  • returnable likes this

#262 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 314 posts
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:39 PM

Returnable - Congrats on the birth of your son, I am sorry it didnt go as you had anticipated but glad to hear that he is doing well. Sending so many good thoughts your way.
  • returnable likes this

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF#2 - Jan 2016, Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

FET #2 August 17, 2017 - BFP Beta #1 10dp5dt - 800 , Beta #2 - 1501

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

EDD - 04/05/2018 - Baby BOY! babyboy.gif

DS born May 7th, 2018.

Time for a sibling - No frosties, back to IVF

IVF #1 - 11 retrieved, 7 mature, 1 fertlized, did not make it to blast.

IVF #2 - 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 5 day blast frozen (5AB)

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

Ultrasound at 6w1d shows perfect little baby, heart-rate 110BPM yahoo.gif

EDD - 22/06/2020 - Baby GIRL! babygirl.gif

#263 Momsomeday

Momsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:59 PM

Returnable, how are things going?

#264 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3282 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:35 PM

Baby has been gaining well but is still on assistance with breathing. They started him on a steroid inhaler this week to hopefully help him out. Life at the hospital now feels like the new norm. Other mother's stories here are incredible. There are a range of gestation ages in the NICU from the very premature at 23 weeks to full term babies with some issues. Some very sad stories but also many many happy ones which gives me a lot of hope that our baby just needs time.
  • CrisBelieve, schlepp, hopefuldadsomeday and 2 others like this

#265 Momsomeday

Momsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:37 AM

Aw, glad to hear he is still doing well. He is fighter, as are you! 💕

#266 Belle57

Belle57
  • Global 100+
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:31 PM

Thanks so much returnable for the update.😊 Ive been thinking about you. Sending you lots of positive energy and strength. Happy to hear he is gaining❤
  • returnable likes this

#267 Belle57

Belle57
  • Global 100+
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:33 PM

Happy and healthy pregnancys to the rest of you May mamas❤

#268 Chil22

Chil22
  • Global 100+
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 08:22 PM

Thanks Returnable for the update- been thinking about you lots. Glad things are progressing and your little fighter is gaining.

Hope every one else is doing well!

AFM- almost 38 weeks and feeling pretty good other than back pain and sleeplessness kicking in!

#269 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3282 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:53 PM

Well last Wednesday we transferred to a level II NICU close to home. Now we are just working on establishing breastfeeding before adding in bottle feeding. Baby just turned 34 weeks last week and most babies can't quite coordinate the suck and swallow until about week 35 but I keep on trying. My milk supply has been dismal since the beginning and is now decreasing for some reason. That has been super frustrating as I've done everything by the book and then some.

I hope all of you are progressing along okay. We still have a bit of a way to go but I can finally start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • CrisBelieve, Balance, muffin#1 and 4 others like this

#270 CrisBelieve

CrisBelieve
  • 1000+
  • 1645 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Centre

Posted 29 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

Thread crashing to say congrats returnable!  So happy to read that your boy is getting stronger day by day.  So much love to you my friend!  xoxoxo

• returnable likes this

More details on our infertility journey in 'About Me' page

Me: 40, DH: 43

TTC for many years - severe male factor - Obstructive Azoospermia

Our 7th cycle brought us the miracles we were looking for.  Our twin girls were born in 2017!  heart.gif heart.gif

Trying for baby #3

Fresh transfer in Feb 2019 = BFN

FET - June 2019

June 25 - transferred one day 6 grade 2 expanded blast

June 29 - POAS...very very faint line!  

July 4 - beta @ 9dpt = 95, beta @ 11dpt = 311, beta @ 13dpt = 646

July 25 - viability scan @ exactly 7 weeks - one baby with heartbeat of 147!  So very thankful.

August 8 - 9 week ultrasound - baby moving around with heartbeat of 170!

August 30 - 12 week NT scan - all looks well with the babe, heartbeat of 155

October 24 - anatomy scan...everything looks great and we are having a babyboy.gif !  So happy!

#271 Chil22

Chil22
  • Global 100+
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:28 PM

Hi- hope every one is well.

Returnable- glad thibgs are movibg in the right dieection and yourblittle bean is gettibg stronger and closer to his original birth date.

AFM- I am officially 40 weeks today and not close to labour yet. Seems a bit anti climatic after our DS was born within two hours of his due date. I had a check up today and things are progressing a little but not quite there yet. I have aother checkbup tomorrow and if no baby by Friday I check into the hospital and they will be inducing via gel . Baby is still quite high but that said I didnt really dropwith our son either.
  • returnable, hopefuldadsomeday and Daisy.Eriksen like this

#272 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3282 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 04:59 AM

Chil22 any progress?

How is everyone else?

#273 Chil22

Chil22
  • Global 100+
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:02 PM

Yes- sorry- been a whirlwhind few days. our daughter was born at 234am on Friday am- no induction. Labour started naturally at 815 pm out of nonwhere- contractions were five mins apart and then I was at the hospital in about 45 mins. I wasnt dilated beyond 2 cm so I sent DH homr as it didnt seem like it was going to happen till morning. At 1 am the contractions were strong despite having no feeling from an epidural at 1030 and DH barely made it back before they broke my water and DD was born. It was a super quick labour thankfully. We are in love as is our DS and so thankful.

How is every one elae?
  • Daisy.Eriksen likes this

#274 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3282 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:40 AM

Congratulations Chill! I'm glad all went well and quickly. I hope you settle into your new routine quickly.

#275 hopefuldadsomeday

hopefuldadsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 723 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:17 PM

Chil22 - congratulations!  I'm glad your husband was able to make it in time!  That is one of my biggest fears - I run a small business and am work a lot and am afraid my wife goes into labour while I'm at work I might not make it in time!

Returnable -  Are you supplementing the milk with formula at all?  I know this has been a long, frustrating process for you but it'll make it all the more worthwhile when you can bring him home!

Momsomeday - any update?

As for us, my wife just had her ultrasound/appointment with the OB/GYN regarding her succenturiate placenta lobe.  Everything looks okay, the placement of the extra lobe means there should not be any complications.  Baby/wife's belly is getting bigger, my cats like to sleep on top of it, haha!  Finally got off my lazy bum and started setting up the baby's room (building Ikea furniture is harder with just one person...).  Started our prenatal class.  My brother said it was useless, but since I've done no research on raising babies (my wife has been reading baby's best chance our provincial handbook - http://www.health.go...ce-Sept2017.pdf if anybody is interested) I'm actually finding it quite informative!