#226 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3285 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:15 PM

I passed my diabetes test! So glad that is out of the way. I really expected to fail as every older person in my family either has diabetes or is pre-diabetic. My clinic is very fussy about diabetes (as they should), and it would have meant a lot more appointments.

• CrisBelieve, muffin#1 and hopefuldadsomeday like this

#227 hopefuldadsomeday

hopefuldadsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 723 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:53 PM

Returnable - glad to hear you passed the diabetes test!  I've warned my wife as she has been eating a lot of ice cream lately (she claims the baby is craving it rolleyes.gif) .  She says she'll worry about it only if she fails the test :P

March 2016 - Miscarriage #1 (chemical pregnancy)

August 2016 -  Miscarriage #2 (Trisomy-16)

December 2016 - Miscarriage #3 (unknown - suspected chromosomal abnormality)

IVF #1 - Aug 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol) - 9 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 blastocysts, only 1 PGS normal embryo 5BB mitoscore 25.1 (frozen)

IVF #2 - Nov 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol - with testosterone priming and growth hormone) - 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 5BB mitoscore 33.12 (frozen)

IVF #3 - Jan 2018 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol with growth hormone) -  4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 6BB mitoscore 29.82 (frozen)

FET #1 - March 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining (6.25mm)

FET #1.2 - April 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining again! (4.85mm)

FET #1.3 - June 4, 2018 (lining 7.5mm!) - th_abfn.gif

ERA Aug 2018 - Pre-receptive by 1 day

FET #2 - Sep 18, 2018 (lining 6.9mm) th_abfp.gif  Beta #1: Sep 30, 2018 - 682  Beta #2: Oct 6,2018 - 6656 U/S: Oct 15 - measuring 6w4d (CRL 6.87mm), HR 127bpm! U/S: Oct 25 - measuring 8w1d (CRL 16.69mm), HR 168bpm!  Discharged to midwives!  June 7, 2019: It's a girl!  DD born 7lb 2oz babygirl.gif

#228 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3285 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:09 PM

Honestly I don't think what you eat really has an effect on how you will test. Of course if you fail the test you have to modify how you eat to manage your sugar, but I know some healthy eating exercising moms who had no family history and had gestational diabetes.

#229 Chil22

Chil22
  • Global 100+
  • 247 posts
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:45 PM

Hopefuldad- Yay for hitting 20 weeks. Amazing you kept it a secret that long.

Returnable- great news on passing thr glucose test.

Momsomeday- glad you are well and totally get just being thankful for another day and another week.

AFM - 30 weeks tomorrow and I too passed my glucose test last week. Living the dream at work - eye roll- no signs of things slowing down and have visions of going into labour at work. God I hope not! We are innthe midst of our master bedrooom and bathroom being renovated and trying to get our sons room ready so he can vacate the nursery. I an starting to think having the baby is going to be a way to take a break! In all seriousness- life is good and I am feeling good snd incredibly blessed to God willing be a parent again.
  • CrisBelieve and hopefuldadsomeday like this

#230 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3285 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:42 AM

Chil22 - Congrats on 30 weeks and passing the glucose test! I get you on living the dream at work. I already have a calendar counting down the workdays left on my work desk. We've been going through transitions at the company and though I held out so much hope at the beginning, things are just getting worse. Good luck with renos.

#231 Momsomeday

Momsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive fertility

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:39 PM

Congrats on passing the GD test Returnable & chil22! Mine is still 2 weeks away but 🤞.

I'm slowly going stir crazy being out of work. Thinking about taking some online university courses to pass the time. I feel like I need to do something to keep my mind working lol. Also time seems to be slowing down because I'm not busy...at this rate May will never get here!

#232 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3285 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:28 AM

Momsomeday - I feel for you, but also feel that my motivation and energy at work is going through a shift. A lot to do with pregnancy but also a lot to do with many issues at work that are just not getting better. Online courses sound like a good idea though. Even some of those community courses that cities put on throughout the year just so that you get out there and interact with other people. Have you started prepping for the baby and the hospital stay? I'm a super planner, so the only thing I have left is my hospital bag :D

#233 Momsomeday

Momsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:51 PM

Returnable - I have definitely started baby prep. We are in the middle of deciding if we are going to move to a bigger place before baby comes, so I havent set up the crib yet but we have basically everything we will need. I am planning a homebirth with a midwife so nothing to do for hospital, but I do have a few things to get for the birth. I feel like I'm in major limbo right now though as I don't want to set things up or get too prepared incase we do move next month. 🤷‍♀️

#234 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3285 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:07 PM

Oh you guys are crazy moving before the baby comes!

I had my last follow up appointment today. Baby is growing well, though the percentile really went down. They did not seem concerned at this stage as the three week weight gain was just fine, and that measuring just 1 mm off at this stage creates a big discrepancy. They did look at my placenta and everything is okay, along with my blood flow to the placenta. Baby was moving about as always and now I am pretty confident that for the most part the baby likes being head down (hope it stays that way). We were also told assuming that everything with baby and me stays okay, that we will most likely be induced between 38 and 39 weeks, so we'll be having an April baby most likely. The OB resident today was awesome and she herself was 35 weeks pregnant so we got so many questions answered with so much detail and empathy. I keep thanking my lucky stars for the team we are with.

Any updates gals & guy?

• muffin#1 likes this

#235 hopefuldadsomeday

hopefuldadsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 723 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:40 PM

Momsomeday - If you have to move, I hope it's not too stressful for you!  I'm not sure if we could handle such a big change like that.  Are there any hobbies or maybe expecting mom groups you can join to help pass the time!

Returnable - Glad to hear the baby is still growing well, our midwife doesn't really too much into the percentiles.  Is there a reason why they want to induce you at 38/39 weeks?

As for us, we've been keeping busy with our 2 new cats - they're not adjusting as easily as our last cat did, but they're very sweet babies.  My wife had her appointment with the midwife today, everything looks okay, but apparently at the 20 week ultrasound, they found out she has a succenturiate lobe placenta.  I have no idea what that is and I'm trying to do some google research.  They are sending in a referral to the OB/GYN, but the midwife says because it's away from the cervix, it should not be a problem.  Have you ladies signed up for prenatal classes yet?  We registered for the April/May class.

IVF #1 - Aug 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol) - 9 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 blastocysts, only 1 PGS normal embryo 5BB mitoscore 25.1 (frozen)

IVF #2 - Nov 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol - with testosterone priming and growth hormone) - 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 5BB mitoscore 33.12 (frozen)

IVF #3 - Jan 2018 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol with growth hormone) -  4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 6BB mitoscore 29.82 (frozen)

FET #2 - Sep 18, 2018 (lining 6.9mm) th_abfp.gif  Beta #1: Sep 30, 2018 - 682  Beta #2: Oct 6,2018 - 6656 U/S: Oct 15 - measuring 6w4d (CRL 6.87mm), HR 127bpm! U/S: Oct 25 - measuring 8w1d (CRL 16.69mm), HR 168bpm!  Discharged to midwives!  June 7, 2019: It's a girl!  DD born 7lb 2oz babygirl.gif

#236 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3285 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

Hopefuldad - I hope the issue will be manageable. Best not to google too much with these complex cases and see what the OB has to say. Your two new fur babies are cuties...at least they are not hiding, so that is a great start. I think your first one was just super easy going counter to a cat personality in general.

We have signed up for a prenatal class at our hospital and should be finished a month before our due date, so we're not doing it until the end of March.

In terms of induction, they want to do it due to my medical history and maternal age. I'm okay with that as my #1 priority will be a healthy baby (and me). We got a good rundown of what generally happens at our hospital in terms of induction, so that took away a lot of the uncertainty. Of course that's assuming that health continues as is and the baby cooperates. So far the baby still seems to prefer being head down, and I have not felt it head up for a while now. So far I find the head down position a lot more comfortable as head up I found it much harder to breathe. Of course that may change once I start getting kicked in the ribs. Right now I fell the kicks near my rib line, so not much longer to go :)

#237 Momsomeday

Momsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 08:07 PM

Well, we are moving! Not a massive move, just to a different neighborhood in the city. We are currently in a 2 bedroom condo and with my husband working mostly night shifts, it just wasnt going to work having him sleeping a few feet away from the living room. Now we will be in a townhouse so the bedrooms are all on the 3rd floor. I'm really excited to move, it's going to give me lots to do over the next few weeks!

I signed up for prenatal classes with mommy connections. It runs for 10 weeks and in addition to prenatal info, it focuses on building a support group of other parents who all have due dates within a few weeks of each other. When you sign up you're automatically grouped by due date and the classes are designed to take place for 7 weeks before birth and then 3 weeks postpartum. I'm really excited to meet some people, since we are so new to the city (moved here end of August) it has been lonely being off work.

Hopefuldad- I'm sure your new kitties will feel more comfortable in their new home soon. Were they together before or are the new to each other as well? I have never heard of your wife's placental condition. 🤞 you get some good info at your appointment.

Returnable - at least you have tons of time to prepare for an induction. Inductions can be tough but they are definitely easier if you know in advance that you will be having one. Do you know what method of induction they are planning?

#238 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3285 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:32 AM

Momsomeday - perhaps the move will keep you more sane. As much as I would like to not have to go to work for many reasons, I think I would also be lonely and feel unproductive. It's great that you living situation will improve. I assume you guys are renting, that you can make the move so fast? Our local mommy connections group does not offer moms to be classes for whatever reason. It sounds like a great way to meet local moms.

In terms of our induction, for people like us that live a bit further from the hospital, they would have me come in to get a catheter balloon inserted one day, go home, and hopefully overnight my cervix would dialate to 3 or 4 cm. From there the next day we would go back to the hospital, assuming the balloon has dropped out and the path forward would be dependent on the OB on duty. It could be further chemical cervical ripening and could be in combination with pitocin. They really try to open up the cervix fully before giving the full dose of pitocin to start contractions. The OB said I do get to have some input into what happens, of course barring any decisions that have to be made by the OB. Do you have any suggestions on what you have seen in your working history, or any info you could share?

#239 Chil22

Chil22
  • Global 100+
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:38 PM

Momsomeday- great news in gtting another place- good news is that youvwont be stressing about work while trying to move house. The moomy group siunds great! Hope you are feeling well!

HDS- great news on finding some additions to the family and I hope they get comfortable soon. I took prenatal classes the first time ariund- they are great and I would recommend all new parents take the classes.

Returnable- hope you are feeling well.

Afm- just got back from my final business trip before baby. We are almost done the last reno in the house and I have my 32 week check up tomorrow. I am feeling good- tired but good. Cant quite make it more than three hours a night without havibg to pee!

#240 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3285 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:37 PM

Update from me....went into preterm labour. Currently were are not sure whether it can be stopped and whether we can do vaginal. If they manage to stop it I still have to stay at the hospital high risk unit.

#241 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:51 PM

Update from me....went into preterm labour. Currently were are not sure whether it can be stopped and whether we can do vaginal. If they manage to stop it I still have to stay at the hospital high risk unit.

Thread crashing to say I am thinking of you returnable and hoping for the best. 

• returnable likes this

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.

#242 Belle57

Belle57
  • Global 100+
  • 125 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:46 PM

Xoxox- I went into preterm labour with my daughter 3 times and they were able to stop it each time.
  • returnable likes this

#243 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3285 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:32 AM

I delivered our baby boy yesterday. Unfortunately the medication to stop contractions did not work for us at all. He was born a good weight for a 28 week old and is making great progress. We are in the best hospital we could be but have a long road ahead of us. Luckily I managed a vaginal delivery as at a couple of points we thought we'd have to go with a c-section.
  • mouse, CrisBelieve, Balance and 2 others like this

#244 Belle57

Belle57
  • Global 100+
  • 125 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:52 AM

Congratulations Returnable 👶🏼!!
  • returnable likes this

#245 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:26 AM

Congratulations! Wishing strength and peace for you and for good health and growth for baby over the coming months. ❤️
  • returnable likes this

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#246 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4806 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:09 AM

Congratulations Returnable! Hope things continue to progress smoothly.
  • returnable likes this
Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

See "About Me" for details.

#247 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:38 AM

Congrats returnable!!!!! Wishing you and your family the best during the NICU stay and beyond. Hope you're also feeling okay post-delivery. 

• returnable likes this

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.

#248 hopefuldadsomeday

hopefuldadsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 723 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:46 PM

Congratulations returnable!   I hope your little guy is a fighter and will continue to grow normally!

• returnable likes this

#249 Momsomeday

Momsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:00 PM

Wow returnable, So happy to hear that you and baby are both alright! Congratulations! Keep us posted on your recovery and baby of course 😊
  • returnable likes this

#250 Chil22

Chil22
  • Global 100+
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:44 PM

Returnable - wishing your son strength and the same to you and your husband as you navigate through this unnerving time.  Congrats and I am hoping you are feeling as best as you can.  xxoo 

• returnable likes this