• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BrittOsberg

BrittOsberg
  • 31 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:NewLife Greece

Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:49 PM

Hello all! It has been awhile since I have been on here, I had to recreate an account as I cannot get into my old one! No issues, everyone is probably new anyways ha-ha. I am starting to wrap my head around our next plan of attack on this crazy roller coaster ride and I enjoy talking to you all while its going on, it seems no one quite understands outside of this world! So we are planning on heading to Greece (Newlife IVF) in the spring, i will likely go for my testing in January and then follow along with whatever happens from there. I am wondering if anyone on here would be open to discussing their experiences with that clinic (if anyone has been there) and experiences with Egg Donor IVF. This will be my first time with Donor eggs and my first time going international, to say im nervous is an understatement! 

Anyways, happy to be back and hear about/from everyone! This is such a great thing when going through such a huge process. 

DW: 34

DH: 37

TTC: 2011

Ovarian cyst 2008 (lost right ovary and fallopian tube)

Ectopic pregnancy 2011 (tube ruptured - lost fallopian tube) uterus and left ovary remain OK

No hope for natural conception with no fallopian tubes - looking into IVF options

1st IVF cycle 2012 - 6 embryo's, transferred 1  - no result - froze 2 lost 3

FET cycle 2013 - transferred 2 frozen embryo's - chemical pregnancy

March 2016 - Undecided what our next steps are, at a loss with no funding available

May 2016 - signed up for Effortless IVF and set to start IVF in Oct 2016

Oct 2016 - Had to withdrawal from Effortless IVF due to low AMH levels, recommend egg donor - looking into options

Egg Donor IVF in 2019 in Greece!

Nov 29, 2018 - Egg donor selected

Jan 24, 2019 - u/s to check lining thickness at NewLife - result:11.7 mm

Jan 26, 2019 - Egg Retrieval - 13 eggs retrieved

Jan 31, 2019 - 9 5 day blastocysts, transferring 2 today and freezing 7! Transfer went well, had minor cramping the rest of the day.

Feb 9, 2019 - HPT x2 = BFN followed by period 

Feb 10, 2019 - HPT x2 = BFN, clinic deemed failed transfer

Apr 15, 2019 - Heading back to Greece for FET - cycle was cancelled due to high thyroid numbers

Mar 27, 2019 - started Synthroid for Thyroid. Not clear on a return date yet >> stopped this pill and enjoyed my summer. 

Sep 9, 2019 - Starting blood tests to ensure Thyroid is in normal range for clinic >> Thyroid is great

Nov 24, 2019 - Received all prescriptions and ultrasound instructions

Jan 12, 2020 - Flying to London for a break before transfer

FET scheduled in Greece for Jan 20, 2020

#2 PastryGal

PastryGal
  • Global 100+
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, baking, reading, travel
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:York Fertility

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:23 PM

Welcome Britt!

As someone who was in your position not too long ago, I would suggest reading along or joining the 2018 donor buddies thread. There is a great group of people there who are all very knowledgeable and supportive. I haven't personally been to Greece (we went to the Czech Republic) but there are a few ladies there who have been to clinics in Greece and some who are planning to go there. If you have any questions in general about the process feel free to send me a message!

4 failed IUIs (2015 and 2016), 1 failed IVF (2016)

DE IVF 2017 - one embryo transferred, ended in miscarriage

FET 2018 - BFN

No embryos left - taking some time to decide what is next.

#3 JIC

JIC
  • 1000+
  • 1069 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:47 PM

Hi Britt,

Welcome (back). I agree with Pastrygirl there is a lot of talk in the 2018 donor buddies thread about the various clinics around the workd along with travel tips. I am also going the donor route but but used frozen eggs and sperm from the US

Nov 2016 Feb 2017 4 failed iui

Mar 2017 IVF 3 pgs abnormal embryos

Oct 2017 IVF 1 pgs normal embryo

Dec 2017 FET  6.5 mc

May 2018 Donor FET 5 week mc

Feb 2019 Donor FET 5.5 week mc

#4 BengalMom

BengalMom
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Hannam/Greece

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:10 PM

I also wanted to jump on and say hello and welcome back! Definitely hop over to the 2018 Donor Buddies thread. 

I'm going to Greece for DE IVF, too. I'd be more than happy to chat if you want to PM me. My husband is going over in a few weeks and I'll go later this year!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Egg Donor, IVF, Tubal