Measuring a week behind at 7 weeks - any success stories? - PG after IVF - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Measuring a week behind at 7 weeks - any success stories?

FET ultrasounds heartbeat first trimester success measuring small fetus 7 weeks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pegs11

Pegs11
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:Cancer

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:41 AM

I just had my first pregnancy scan yesterday morning (following successful IVF on our third, and probably final, round). I am currently 7w3d pregnant and I know that date is accurate as it was a frozen embryo transfer.

My IVF nurse seemed very concerned as she said the baby is measuring about a week behind, and she thought the heartbeat looked quite slow. It looked slow to me too, I was expecting it to be much faster. I dont know exactly what the heart rate was though. Nurse suggested we prepare ourselves for the worst...

She referred me to the early pregnancy unit at my local hospital who confirmed that the baby was indeed looking very small, more like 6 weeks (although they didnt seem to have a problem with the heart rate). They said they couldnt declare it a miscarriage just yet, and want to give it another week to see if things pick up a bit. But they didnt seem too hopeful...

Over the past few days my morning sickness has hugely tailed off, which is another worrying sign. Its not completely gone though. I think my breasts are less sore too, although not sure whether Im just imagining it.

Anyone been in a similar situation who can encourage me with a success story? Ive got a week to sit this thing out....

Thank you in advance for your comments x

#2 36andwantbabynumber2

36andwantbabynumber2
  • Global 100+
  • 207 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:33 PM

Sorry to hear. I dont have experience but hoping it all works out.

#3 jennykash

jennykash

Jenn

• Cyclebase
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:Everything outside, camping, fishing, reading, Oldies music, my DH
  • Dx:Other

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:31 PM

Sadly I have a similar experience that did not end well. Ill be praying that things turn around for you and the measurements were just off.
TTC 19 years, Unexplained but now I’m getting old, hex - 4 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 14 FETs, 1 miscarriage, cycled in Canada, Mexico, and Europe. Still holding out hope but much more jaded.

#4 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility Clinic

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:37 PM

I'm so sorry to hear pegs11, I wish I have a more positive story for you, but that happened to me on my first pregnancy and it didn't end well either. However, I never had an HB at that time, so praying that your little one hangs on!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FET, ultrasounds, heartbeat, first trimester, success, measuring, small fetus, 7 weeks