#1 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 660 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:McGill, OriginElle, Aurora, & RUH

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:24 AM

Hello Doctor,
I will be doing a mock cycle in order to have an endometrial receptivity assay biopsy done.
After that I will be taking 2 months of Lupron/femara for known endometriosis in preparation for frozen transfer.
My RE says I should start the Lupron/femara the evening after the biopsy.

My concern is whether my body will fully shed the built up lining from the mock cycle even when starting Lupron Mid-cycle. I would rather that I get a full bleed to shed that lining as I believe that if it doesn't it's a risk for endometrial cancer if I understand correctly.

My doc says I will get a bleed a few days after starting Lupron but do you agree? Also I find it weird I would get this bleed a few days later when it's supposed to be 2 weeks later that the period would normally arrive.

If you can shed any light on this I would appreciate it!

Thanks
Dx: Age & Endometriosis & Tubal

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest.com/aquablueglow

#2 DrMichaelHartman

DrMichaelHartman
  • Physician
  • 325 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio Fertility

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:21 PM

I would not look at this in terms of your body's natural cycle. Lupron by definition should shut down any hormone production in your body within a few days so it likely would cause for shedding of your lining.

Unless you have risk factors for endometrial cancer (e.g. obesity, irregular periods, anovulation) I doubt it would be an issue. You would have just taken progesterone for the ERA test which in itself would reduce the risk of endometrial cancer.

• mouse and Highest hopes like this

#3 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 660 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:McGill, OriginElle, Aurora, & RUH

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:11 AM

Thank you so much for the reply Dr. Hartman.
I appreciate these points and that makes a lot of sense not to look at it like a natural cycle.

I've read that Lupron causes an initial estrogen surge for the first 1-2 weeks before the hormones decline. I presume that means my period will come after the estrogen declines.

Thank you.
Dx: Age & Endometriosis & Tubal

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest.com/aquablueglow