4 replies to this topic

#1 caper-dj

caper-dj
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:52 PM

Hi everyone,

I've been currently waiting 4 months for an initial consult with AART. They informed me, after I called them, that they could not guarantee an initial appointment until at least September or even November at the latest. That would make a total of 8 months if I can't get in until November. I'm 37 now, I'll be 38 by then. Starting to feel the pressure.

Is this normal for AART? Anyone else experience a really long wait with AART? Anyone currently waiting?

#2 Amber112

Amber112
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:21 AM

Hi Casper,

I was referred to AART mid November 2017, at the time they told me there was a 6-8 month wait for the initial appointment. We ended up getting in at the end of May 2018 (so about 6.5 months, although they did tell me that appointment came up from a cancellation and if we didn't go then it would be end of June or early July). So while the long wait was unfortunate, they were accurate in their wait time estimate and didn't seem to mind me calling every couple of months to check on where I was on the list.

Also wanted to add that we also got a referral to Conceptia in Moncton because although going to AART was our preference, Conceptia told me their wait list was only 6-8 WEEKS, which sounded great! But after hearing nothing from them for 2 months I called to check on the wait list and was told their doctor had been away?? and we probably wouldn't get in until June or July! So I was sure glad I had sent a referral to AART as well as we ended up getting in faster there anyway.

Sorry that you're having to deal with the long waiting, it's the worst when you just want some answers :(

#3 caper-dj

caper-dj
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:16 PM

Thank you so much! It's comforting to know the wait is normal. How has your experience been so far with AART?

It really does pay to keep calling them. When I called in June to find out where I was on the list, they couldn't give me an exact spot, just that I should call back in September if I don't hear anything by August :(

That really isn't good what happened with Conceptia. It's a shame they didn't call to inform you about that.

Either way, I hope your journey is going well!

#4 Amber112

Amber112
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:58 PM

We have only been over to AART once so far but were happy with them. When we went for our initial consultation we were not only trying to figure out what our issue might be, but also trying to decide between banking eggs before endometriosis surgery (in case the surgery damaged my ovaries), or just progressing straight to surgery (as my pain was debilitating).

They scheduled us two appointments in the same day since we were traveling to get there. So they did a semen analysis for my husband in the morning, and then we met with Dr. Ripley in the afternoon. In addition to discussing everything he did an ultrasound to check on my ovaries so he could make the best recommendation on banking eggs vs immediate surgery. And he later spoke directly with my Gyn surgeon to advise on the best way to preserve my fertility during the surgery.

Im now 7 weeks post-surgery and will be getting back in touch with AART after my 8 week checkup to discuss the plan for moving on to IVF. They told me there wouldnt be anymore waiting even if it took multiple months to recover from surgery. They said it was like a club, once youre in, youre in. And we joked about how its the worst club that no one wants to belong to anyway!

I hope you dont end up waiting too much longer before youre able to get in to a clinic and get some answers!

#5 Pineapplejoy

Pineapplejoy
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:37 PM

I had a 10 month wait but once you are in your are in. I didnt have to wait for my second IVF Round.