Optimal days for acupuncture leading up to FET - Ask The Acupuncturist - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Optimal days for acupuncture leading up to FET

FET Acupuncture timing frequency High Success Relaxation Prepping for transfer I need a schedule

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aburison

aburison
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Buffalo

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:59 PM

I am planning another frozen embryo transfer and wondering best days to do acupuncture.  A friend told me she was advised weekly for 3 months and then every 4 days 2 weeks before and after transfer and day of the transfer.  That seems a lot but if that improves our success than I'll go every day... I know when I get acupuncture I am immensely more relaxed and getting nervous so thinking a little more acupuncture this time would be of help.  Really though what is best?

Thanks

#2 JIC

JIC
  • 1000+
  • 1061 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:27 AM

Not an Acupuncturist but this was what I did.

My orginally round was suppose to be 3 months once a week (first month I was told bi-weekly ok but had insurance coverage so went weekly) Month of retrieval twice a week. I was suppose to do fet following month so 4 weeks prior to fet once a week. 2 weeks prior twice a week. Day of did session just prior and right after.

Due to delays on last fet I had even more acupunture then stated above. So I was told this round I should be ok with 4 weeks of once a week and doing an extra session day prior to fet(can not do morning of due to timing) and then right after.

Nov 2016 Feb 2017 4 failed iui

Mar 2017 IVF 3 pgs abnormal embryos

Oct 2017 IVF 1 pgs normal embryo

Dec 2017 FET  6.5 mc

May 2018 Donor FET 5 week mc

Feb 2019 Donor FET 5.5 week mc

#3 eighty-five

eighty-five
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:16 AM

Hello, 

I had 2 transfers in total and both had failed. 1 is fresh transfer and 2nd is frozen, as you guys know I'm now desperate and trying things that I haven't tried on the first 2. I started doing acupuncture on Saturday even though I will not be doing my transfer till October. They're offering Chinese Herbal Medicine. Has any of you tried and bought it? What are your thoughts? Did it help? I'm trying to decide if I should go for it. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FET, Acupuncture, timing, frequency, High Success, Relaxation, Prepping for transfer, I need a schedule