1 reply to this topic

#1 aussielass

aussielass
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:46 AM

Hi There,

I had a 2 day old embryo transferred on Sat 30th June around noon followed by acupuncture shortly thereafter. Needles were used on my abdomen and various places but no heat lamp was used.

I've had another acupuncture session today (2 days later).

Again, needles were used on my abdomen. This time a heat lamp was placed over it.

It was warm and I felt cosy. I drifted off to sleep and woke up relaxed.

It wasn't until hours after my treatment had finished that I remembered the ivf clinic warning against prolonged exposure to intense heat (saunas, hot baths, vigorous excercise).

I am now worried that my time under the lamp may have affected the embryo's development and implantation. It is merely 4 days old at this point.

My belly was quite red after the session, but not so hot during the treatment that I felt the need to move the lamp.

Have I wrecked my chances this cycle?

Thank You,

Worried

#2 hs4816

hs4816
  • Global 100+
  • 492 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:01 AM

I think it's ok to relax. You would have to increase your core temperature to cause potential harm.

I'm 41 with endo

IVF #1: March 2016: Long protocol: Suprefact (200)/Menopur (225)

9 follicles => 4 eggs => 3 mature => 3 fertilized (ICSI) => 2 blasts (one transferred, one frozen)

BFN

IVF #2: June 2016: Microdose flare: Suprefact (40 BID)/Menopur (150)/ Gonal (300)

7-10 follicles (?) => 12 mature eggs => only 4 fertilized w/ICSI => transferred 2 @ 3days and 1 blast frozen

BFP: day 14 beta = 93, day 18 beta 557 (37h doubling time)

.... it stuck and we welcomed our boy March 2017!

back on this crazy journey again: June 6, 2018: FET #1...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acupuncture, embryo transfer, heat lamp