#26 muffin#1

muffin#1
  • Global 100+
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:ceramics, architecture, design, cats, fooooood
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:50 AM

Oh geez, outtacontrol, have you spoken to your primary clinic? Is there a plan to repeat the ultrasound with either a different technician or perhaps at a different location? I can’t imagine the logistics of having to fly to your clinic! I hope a second unltrasound brings better news soon. I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions yet. FX for you!

Me: 39 43 and DH: 33 37, TTC #1 since August 2014
Dx: Unexplained / egg quality? / asymptomatic endometriosis! (? cervical factor), some low morphology but high overall counts

1 missed m/c, 12 medicated cycles, 5 IUIs, 3 IVFs

Feb to May 2018 - FET#1

3 months of Lupron Depot, acupuncture, adding in Prednisone, intralipids, PIO, Fragmin, and the kitchen sink

Feb 27 - Lupron #1, Mar 27 - Lupron #2, Apr 23 - Lupron #3

May 25 - Transfer 1x 3AB now 6AA hatched blastocyst

Jun 1 - 7dp5dt HPT BFP!

EDD: Feb 10, 2019 - hoping our luck continues!!

(data dump in 'About Me')

#27 maybebaby16

maybebaby16
  • 90 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:TRIO, cycling at Lakeridge

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:59 AM

Hoping another ultrasound will clear things up, Outtacontrol!

IVF #1 - May 2017 - 30 eggs retrieved, 25 mature, 17 fertilized, 2 blasts

FET #1 - August 2017 - BFN

FET #2 - October 2017 - BFN

IVF#2 - February 2018 - 16 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 10 fertilized, 4 blasts

FET #3 - March 2018 - BFN

FET #4 - May 2018 - BFP! Baby girl born Feb. 10/19

#28 OuttaControl

OuttaControl
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

Thanks ladies, what a sleepless night. 

The ob/gyn sent the report in to my clinic and my clinic wasn't impressed either. They said it is difficult sometimes to see the yolk sac and fetal pole even on their ultrasound machines if it's implanted high or is being difficult, and that the ob/gyn's ultrasound is not as powerful as theirs. She said also it's impossible to see the yolk sac/fetal pole through an abdominal ultrasound because it is so small. 

So...I am flying to Vancouver on Tuesday for a "proper" ultrasound with my RE. I will be 7w2d and they should be able to see everything. I have to take the 6 am flight (wake up at 4 am fml) and I'll be back home around lunch time. Luckily I have tons of airmiles and westjet dollars from paying for all this IVF stuff haha! 

I did also ask about the blighted ovum thing and she told me to calm down basically. There is no reason to suspect a blighted ovum from a sh*tty ultrasound and that they do happen but are not common. Tuesday can't come fast enough! I hate being in limbo.

• muffin#1 likes this

Dx PCOS in Apr 2013. Clomid 50 mg and 100 mg - no response. Letrozole 2.5 mg and 5 mg - no response. (tried 4 times over 4 years)

IVF May 2017 - 40 eggs retrieved, 34 mature, 22 fertilized with ICSI, 10 blasts.

FET July 2017 - BFN

FET Aug 2017 - BFN

Taking a break - ERA Test in Jan or Feb 2018

ERA Results Apr 2018 - Need 12 more hours of progesterone

FET June 2018 - BFP!

#29 hs4816

hs4816
  • Global 100+
  • 492 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:32 PM

Food to hear you're getting another scan outtacontrol. Way more likely to see things in the 7+ week range.

Similar story for me. Scan today at 6+1 shows we have an implanted embryo that measures correctly and has a flicker. So I guess all my bleeding and spotting is ok. Also going back in 1.5 weeks for a second look.

I'm 41 with endo

IVF #1: March 2016: Long protocol: Suprefact (200)/Menopur (225)

9 follicles => 4 eggs => 3 mature => 3 fertilized (ICSI) => 2 blasts (one transferred, one frozen)

BFN

IVF #2: June 2016: Microdose flare: Suprefact (40 BID)/Menopur (150)/ Gonal (300)

7-10 follicles (?) => 12 mature eggs => only 4 fertilized w/ICSI => transferred 2 @ 3days and 1 blast frozen

BFP: day 14 beta = 93, day 18 beta 557 (37h doubling time)

.... it stuck and we welcomed our boy March 2017!

back on this crazy journey again: June 6, 2018: FET #1...

#30 maybebaby16

maybebaby16
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

Outtacontrol - so glad you will get a proper scan! What a nightmare!

HS4816 - That's awesome that you saw the flicker!! 

Muffin - thanks for sharing the info. I myself will be looking for an OB, but I find that everyone is given different options in terms of referrals, even at the same clinic! My RE seems to be very hands off the entire time, which is super frustrating at times.

AFM - spotting again. Seems to happen EVERY Friday. I just hope it doesn't turn into a bleed again, but I have a feeling it will. As long as the little sea monkey hangs on, I'll be ok, but this is such a roller coaster! 

#31 OuttaControl

OuttaControl
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:41 PM

Hi ladies!

Hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend!

Just of curiousity, how far along are you and what symptoms are you having? (I can't get blighted ovums out of my head since I haven't been able to see a fetal pole, yolk sac or heartbeat yet)

I am 6w6d and the only symptoms I have are hunger, fatigue and sore boobs. No nausea, food or scent aversions. It seems quite odd since morning sickness is such a "telltale" sign of pregnancy. 

Literally, Tuesday cannot come fast enough. I am happy that my scan will be at 9:15 am and that my RE will be able to find what she's looking form. 

Dx PCOS in Apr 2013. Clomid 50 mg and 100 mg - no response. Letrozole 2.5 mg and 5 mg - no response. (tried 4 times over 4 years)

IVF May 2017 - 40 eggs retrieved, 34 mature, 22 fertilized with ICSI, 10 blasts.

FET July 2017 - BFN

FET Aug 2017 - BFN

FET June 2018 - BFP!

#32 muffin#1

muffin#1
  • Global 100+
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:00 PM

Win2baby2019, welcome! I am 43 but my golden egg was retrieved when I was 42 and a wee bit. We did not do any genetic screening, and extra nervous for what the next few months will hold.

Outta, I'm so happy you get a do-over on Tuesday.

I will be 8w tomorrow. Yesterday's ultrasound measured one day ahead with a heart rate of 162 (!). RE seems happy, but I don't know what is the normal range.

I have very sore breasts, hunger, some tiredness, frequent urination, bloating, constipation, an expanding fibroid, and I am also growing some massive Kardashian-esque lumps from the progesterone in oil. Massage and heat not helping so far. I am hoping that switching to Endometrin suppositories will ease some of my other symptoms. Last time my serum progesterone was checked it was at 100, which is quite high I think. Ready for less of that in my system.

My mom did not have nausea with me, so hoping for same.
  • OuttaControl likes this

Dx: Unexplained / egg quality? / asymptomatic endometriosis! (? cervical factor), some low morphology but high overall counts

Feb to May 2018 - FET#1

3 months of Lupron Depot, acupuncture, adding in Prednisone, intralipids, PIO, Fragmin, and the kitchen sink

Jun 1 - 7dp5dt HPT BFP!

#33 OuttaControl

OuttaControl
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:39 PM

So I had my ultrasound today and it was amazing! I love my RE so much shes just so awesome.

I am 7 weeks today and measuring 1 day ahead. I got to see and hear the heart beat and I cannot believe it. I still have not a lot of symptoms and I was bracing myself for bad news after last weeks gong show ultrasound.

I will try and let my guard down a little now. My RE was really pleased and I have spent this whole time on pins and needles.
  • muffin#1 and maybebaby16 like this

FET July 2017 - BFN

FET Aug 2017 - BFN

FET June 2018 - BFP!

#34 maybebaby16

maybebaby16
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:53 PM

Outtacontrol - So glad today's ultrasound was so much better!!!!

#35 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:01 PM

Outtacontrol - That's great news! I've been really happy with my clinic as well, but they are all business which doesn't suit some people. I work in obstetrics which is both good/bad. 

Muffin #1 - Baby's heartrate is perfect :-)

AFM - I am feeling generally more tired, nauseous, and hungry. My fertility clinic called me over the weekend to offer me another ultrasound because the baby was measuring a bit small for my EGA of 6+5 last week. The doc at EFW (who are all really great) said it was within the normal range so I'm not worried but I decided to book another ultrasound for next Thursday (8+6) because I plan on doing the non invasive prenatal test instead of the standard FTS and it will cost me around $500 so I don't want to pay if things aren't progressing the way they should be. I was discharged from my clinic a few weeks ago and plan to use a midwife but I don't want everyone I work with to know just yet so I haven't asked anyone. I've been ordering my own ultrasounds, giving myself rhogam when I had a day of spotting, etc. Working well so far! The question is how long can I wait before trying to hear the heartbeat with my own doppler :-)

Fertility Issue - Singleness, Age (42 years old) 

TTC Since - 2016

IUI x 8 with donor sperm - BFN

IVF #1 November 2017 - 7 Day 6 blasts frozen, fresh transfer cancelled d/t OHSS

FET #1 March 2018 - two embies transferred, BFN

FET #2 May 2018 - BFP!!! EDD Feb 12/19...SAB at 9 wks icon_cry.gif

FET #3 October 2018 - BFN 

IVF #2 January 2019 - two blasts transferred Jan 27th and four frozen. crsd.gif crsd.gif - BFP! Also moderate OHSS

February 22nd - U/S for bleeding confirmed twin pregnancy, still viable

February 25th - heavy bleeding :-( 

February 27th - confirmed loss of one baby, second baby has a HR of 109 (low) and is measuring small

March 25th - U/S after being in Hawaii for a month, missed miscarriage of baby number two. 

March 27th - D & C

FET #4 July 16, 2019 - transferred two beautiful blasts, BFN

FET #5 Oct 7, 2019 - transferred my last two blasts, BFN. 

Donor Eggs....

FET with DE/DS tentatively scheduled for December 4, 2019 in Greece

#36 OuttaControl

OuttaControl
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:08 PM

Single mama - Dopplers are neat! Do you have one already?

Is anyone feeling the urge to buy baby stuff? I sure am. Havent bought anything yet though. Just looking!

FET July 2017 - BFN

FET Aug 2017 - BFN

FET June 2018 - BFP!

#37 Febaby

Febaby
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • My Clinic:New Life

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:58 PM

Hey Guys, I am so glad I found this amazing bunch of people here!

We had been trying to conceive for 7+ years now. Finally, after multiple failed ivf attempts, got a BFP on May 30th. We transferred one PGS tested normal 5 day blastocyst.

Got first beta 224. second beta 664! Saw a sac and heard the heart beat on the first ultrasound at 7weeks and 1day! Heart beat was 148 BPM smile.png  Listening to the heartbeat of our little bean was such an emotional moment for us!

We have a 9week ultrasound tomorrow! I am so nervous, please pray for me and my precious little one.

Stay blessed ladies! Lots of best wishes and happy vibes for all of u smile.png

• maybebaby16 likes this

#38 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:11 PM

OuttaControl - I'm a midwife so I have a doppler :-) I am looking at baby stuff and maternity clothes but I have two sisters who have been dying to give me their stuff so I don't need as much as I would have if I'd been the first to have a baby. I will (hopefully( finally get to use the stuff I bought for their babies! I bought a lot of nice stuff ;-) 

Febaby - welcome and good luck tomorrow! 

TTC Since - 2016

IVF #2 January 2019 - two blasts transferred Jan 27th and four frozen. crsd.gif crsd.gif - BFP! Also moderate OHSS

February 27th - confirmed loss of one baby, second baby has a HR of 109 (low) and is measuring small

March 25th - U/S after being in Hawaii for a month, missed miscarriage of baby number two. 

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....

#39 muffin#1

muffin#1
  • Global 100+
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:48 AM

Hi Febaby, hope all goes well today!

singlemama, I can see how your situation would be challenging! When do you think you will officially request care?

My RE has made me nervous about my hope for a midwife. He’s concerned about the pregnancy going to 40w and the higher risks for my age group. I may consult with an OB and keep an eye on things. Hopefully my GP will agree to monitor my TSH.

Not quite confident enough to make any baby or maternity purchases, but pretty good at wishlists and pinning those things. Sort of have been for years? My next ultrasound is on Tuesday, still nervous...

Feb to May 2018 - FET#1

Jun 1 - 7dp5dt HPT BFP!

#40 muffin#1

muffin#1
  • Global 100+
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:06 AM

Maybebaby16, has the bleeding stopped?

Feb to May 2018 - FET#1

Jun 1 - 7dp5dt HPT BFP!

#41 maybebaby16

maybebaby16
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:52 PM

Welcome, Febaby!

Singlemama - That's great that you have a doppler! I would be checking all of the time if I had one :)

OuttaControl - I definitely look at stuff but refuse to buy a single thing as I think  part of me thinks it will jinx it. Silly, I know. 

Muffin - no spotting so far today (knock on wood). Maybe the SCH resolved itself? Hope you get to stay with your midwife. 

Hi to everyone else :)

AFM - I had a dating ultrasound yesterday and the tech told me nothing. Did let DH see the little blob and we could still see the flicker, so must be good? I'm really frustrated with the lack of communication from my RE's office and the monitoring clinic at this point, though. I haven't heard anything about yesterday's scan (which I guess means good news?) but I just want to know what my next steps are and if I have to search out an OB on my own. 

#42 muffin#1

muffin#1
  • Global 100+
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

Maybe16, Im sorry. With my TRIO ultrasounds I meet with my RE immediately afterwards. Does your RE have a medical secretary you can ask? There is also the IVF liaison and EstherR you can ask.

You can always try your GP for referrals? When I was at Mount Sinai I had no idea what was going on and just went to my GP to initiate. I think TRIO will arrange for NIPT, but not entirely sure.

I hope you get answers soon!

Feb to May 2018 - FET#1

Jun 1 - 7dp5dt HPT BFP!

#43 muffin#1

muffin#1
  • Global 100+
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

Maybe just call the clinic directly?

#44 Baby-M

Baby-M
  • 53 posts
  • My Clinic:One Fertility

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:01 PM

Hi all!

No baby stuff purchases for me yet...we are procrastinators so I'm sure I'll be running around the last few months.

I had my last fertility clinic appt today! Officially discharged into the care of the midwife now. It was pretty cool seeing how the bean I saw on the ultrasound 3 weeks ago actually looks like a baby now and it's little arms and legs are failing around! Heart beat was 175 but I'm told thats normal and good.
  • muffin#1 likes this

Me: 32, DH: 31 - MF, Frozen sperm due to chemo treatments

IUI #1 - Oct. '17 - BFN

IUI#2 - Nov. '17 - BFN

IVF Attempt #1 Dec ' 17- Cancelled - poor response to meds

IVF Attempt #2 - 17 Retrieved, 15 Fertilized with ICSI, 8 Frozen Blast

FET #1 - April '18 - BFN

FET #2 - May '18 - 

#45 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:16 AM

Muffin #1 - I know anyone in my practice would take me, so I will just wait until the genetic screening and then figure out what I want to do. Also, my two cents about your situation would be that midwives are aware of and follow the same guidelines around managing pregnancies in women 40 and over and will offer you the same interventions should you not deliver in a timely manner. OB's are there if/when we need them but your age and having done IVF do not necessarily risk you out of care. Pick a provider you are comfortable with. I'm 41 so I know I will have to navigate the same choices around early induction if/when I get there. 

TTC Since - 2016

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....

#46 muffin#1

muffin#1
  • Global 100+
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:43 AM

singlemama, thanks for the reassurance. I believe I have already been accepted by a midwife practice, and seem to have lucked out with a dream team as well. Just had a friend delver yesterday at 39 who has had a very positive experience - midwives were not at all hesitant to consult with OB.

These past few years have been so hyper medicalized, and full of interventions. It would be nice to have this next phase be different! I think the fertility process diminishes your confidence in your own body, I look to the midwife experience to gain some of that trust back (and great post natal care). Ready to feel empowered!

My little bean is 9 weeks today.

Will you choose Harmony, Panorama, Verifi, or something else? Are they basically all the same? I will be asking my RE this on Tuesday.

Feb to May 2018 - FET#1

Jun 1 - 7dp5dt HPT BFP!

#47 hs4816

hs4816
  • Global 100+
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 11:59 AM

Venting

This is my 4th big episode of bleeding. The other 3 have all been ok so I'm hoping this one is too. Similar but there was some cramping this time which scared me. Seems to be slowing. Issue is I cant get an ultrasound until Wednesday and this has been going on since Friday. Other issue is that I'm stuck at work. I work in a hospital so I did go to ER for beta level (second one this evening) but i cant leave. I dont want my colleagues to know and i have to just keep looking after patients and working while this may or may not be happening. If it's bad news this evening then i get to be at work, unable to leave, noone to talk to. Bleh.

I'm 41 with endo

9 follicles => 4 eggs => 3 mature => 3 fertilized (ICSI) => 2 blasts (one transferred, one frozen)

BFN

IVF #2: June 2016: Microdose flare: Suprefact (40 BID)/Menopur (150)/ Gonal (300)

7-10 follicles (?) => 12 mature eggs => only 4 fertilized w/ICSI => transferred 2 @ 3days and 1 blast frozen

#48 muffin#1

muffin#1
  • Global 100+
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:50 PM

hs4816,

I have cramps on and off too, and try my best to shrug it off as normal. I know it must be much scarier with bleeding though. I hope all is well with your beta levels. I hope you are able to find some time to rest. Don't forget that your health and well being comes first!!

I have some meditation apps on my phone to help with anxious moments. This is such a difficult process - take whatever time and tools you need to cope. We are all here for you too!

Feb to May 2018 - FET#1

Jun 1 - 7dp5dt HPT BFP!

#49 hs4816

hs4816
  • Global 100+
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:49 PM

Looks like we are still ok thankfully. Small hematoma near cervix likely the culprit. HR 153
  • muffin#1 likes this

I'm 41 with endo

BFN

#50 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:33 AM

hs4816 - I'm glad it's just a hematoma but so sorry you had to work while bleeding/cramping and waiting to hear that everything is ok. This part is so hard (I'm sure all parts are hard) before you are openly pregnant. Hopefully things settle!

muffin #1 - I'm going to do the Panorama. They all seem to be equivalent but the Panorama can be done from 9 weeks vs 10 weeks (though 10% of the samples need to be repeated that early). If they aren't able to run the test, they repeat it for free. 

TTC Since - 2016

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....