- - - - -

anyone starting beginning march?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:42 AM

Am starting my first IVS cycle with the down reg injections on 4th March. Excited and apprehensive at the same time. Anyone else starting around the same time. It would be good to go through this first one with someone else who really understands.

My biggest concern is my age - 38 in June with FSH borderline high at 10. Apparently I am less likely to respond to the stimulation drugs. less likely to produce a good number of eggs, more likely to produce poor quality eggs and have a bigger risk of miscarriage. Not what I wanted to hear at the first hurdle but staying positive and heading forward with hope.

Will be fighting all the way
:mf_swordfight: :mf_swordfight: :mf_swordfight:

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:44 AM

Hi Sarah,

Good that you have the fighting spirit. :mf_swordfight: I am 36 and had 20 eggies retrieved, out of which 19 were matured. I had another girlfriend who was 39 and 18 eggs were retrieved. All the best to you. :P

Cheers,
FloJo

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:37 PM

Thanks FloJo

That is encouraging news

I notice you have just been through ET so must be in that waiting period. How are you feeling? What date do you test and I will send masses of baby dust your way.

Heres to a BFP

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:04 PM

Hi Sarah,

I am on home rest for another 2 days.... bored. I guess should have been better to start work but I was so bloated after the ET, I needed help to get off the couch/bed. I am feeling much better today.

My pregnancy bloodtest is on the 16 of march.

Continue posting your cycle progress. :flowers:

Cheers,
FloJo

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:27 AM

Am starting my first IVS cycle with the down reg injections on 4th March.  Excited and apprehensive at the same time. Anyone else starting around the same time. It would be good to go through this first one with someone else who really understands.

My biggest concern is my age - 38 in June with FSH borderline high at 10. Apparently I am less likely to respond to the stimulation drugs. less likely to produce a good number of eggs, more likely to produce poor quality eggs and have a bigger risk of miscarriage.  Not what I wanted to hear at the first hurdle but staying positive and heading forward with hope.

Will be fighting all the way
:mf_swordfight:   :mf_swordfight:   :mf_swordfight:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Sarah,

I'm Nora and new to this forum. I'm also 38 going on 39 in May 2005. I have had 2 failed IUI's and I am now considering IVF. I wasn't diagnosed with anything, I went through all the tests prior to IUI and everything came back normal, in fact, I was told by the clinic that I was "a very healthy woman" so I was surprised at these 2 failures. I did my 3rd IUI and I am now waiting the dreaded 2 weeks. On March 11th I have to do a pregnancy test. Cross your fingers. If it doesn't turn out I am considering IVF but it's so expensive....Do you have insurance coverage through your company?

All the best,

Norah

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 01:55 AM

Nora

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

First things first, sending you lots of luck and baby dust for a positive result on 11th and I hope the next 7 days doesn' t pass by too slowly.

I am from Enland and lucky I guess as my first IVF cycle is totally free and paid for by our National Health System. In some partws of the country they will pay for 3 cycles but it isjust one in my area. I hope you don't even have to go down that route but will have a BFP very soon. IUI wasn't an option for me as when I had a laporoscopy in October they found me to have 1 blocked tube and the ovary on the good side to be affected by endometriosis. Don't know how I ever got pregnant after three months of initilally trying !! MC

:icon_cry:

Take care of yourself

Sarah

#7 [email protected]_*

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:36 PM

Hi, I am 40 and in the same boat. But I am trying to be positive. I am getting excited as the time gets closer. Since I haven't had any prior fertility issues, I am hoping that we will get lucky. I am a bit concerned though about my age and outcome of a child - or two! I am most frightened about having twins or triplets. My husband is worried that it won't work. We both have different fears. I don't think about losing all the money if it doesn't work and he does. Husband has low sperm count and poor motility.

Michelle
Northern California Fertility Clinic

IVF w/ICSI
ER 4/11
ET 4/14

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 03:07 AM

Hi Michelle

WOW not long now until your egg retrieval and transfer. Have you had any side effects from the drugs so far. I had my first down reg injection of suprefen last night and it was fine. Hubby gave it so I just looked away and hardly felt a thing so good to get over that first one. Have you many follicles developing. I think men do tend to worry more about the money side of things and are probably a little more pessimistic than us. It is hard not to pin all your hopes on a positive outcome. I like you worry about the health of a baby being older but at the moment my biggest worry is will I react to the stimulation drugs enough as my FSH count is rather high which from everything I have read isn't great. Do you know what your level was on cycle day 3?I wouldn't mind twins as I haven't got any children already. Anyway sending lots of follicle growing dust your way for the next few days so you get lots of lovely eggies retrieved on the 11th. Are you working through all this??

Take care

Sarah