• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#26 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

Baked potato plus sour cream goes down fairly ok. It’s the sour cream that helps.

That makes sense!!  so the dairy does help?  

Maybe that means that yogurt would help also!

#27 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

We had our 20 week anatomy scan on Friday. I was feeling pretty anxious going into it as I haven't gained any weight since 9 weeks due to the HG. With all the HG meds I was also stressed about potential increased risk of birth defects. I had nothing to worry about as she is thriving and measurement over a week ahead. As usually she was super active and uncooperative so I have to go back on the 29th to try and get the correct spine shots. She literally rolled in every direction but the one we needed. I can feel her moving daily now so that is helping to decrease some of my anxiety. Still feeling pretty depressed overall with the HG. After the horrible fertility journey we went through getting HG has made it feel like every enjoyable part of the experience has been taken away. I am trying to just focus on just making it through each week and eating/drinking enough to keep both are us alive. Atleast I am still able to work which gives me some form of positive distraction.

Dear Abrianna,

I hope they can get good pictures on the 29th in the ultrasound.

I found that if I drank or ate before the ultrasound that mine was very very active.  Once I drank orange juice and she was moving around so much it was very difficult to take pictures.  

#28 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:01 PM

I tolerate sour cream and plain Greek yogurt sometimes. I have passion fruit ice tea which I make as sun tea. If I add a bit of sugar it goes down pretty nice.
  • Tess likes this

#29 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:08 PM

Tess: it doesn't matter what I eat or drink she is a busy little monster. I threw up breakfast before the last ultrasound and only drank water that morning so technically I didn't feed her for over 12 hrs prior and she was still wired. Only thing that calmed her a bit was emptying my bladder which resulted in slightly less blurry images. For our NT scan I literally had to sit almost fully upright while the tech used the ultrasound head to trap her in the base of my uterus. Even then the images were barely readable. With her being so busy I felt her moving since 13 weeks which is crazy early for a first pregnancy. At 20 weeks we have already moved from gentle activity to aggressive get out of my space kicks. The next 20 weeks should be lovely lol. Hopefully she will take a nap for the 29th. They are hoping that with extra growth she will have less space to move around and should be forced to slow down.
  • Tess likes this

Me:33 DH:37 Dx MFI

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

IUI#1 Feb 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
1.5mil post wash BFN

IUI#2 April 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
400,000 post wash BFN

IVF#1 July 2016:long agonist protocol(bcp/suprefact, gonal-f 150iu, Ovidrel)

AFC 28, 12 retrieved 8 mature, 1 fertilized with ICSI BFP ended in CP

IVF #2 Nov 2016:long agonist protocol(gonal-f 125 iu and luveris 75 added)

AFC 18, 3 eggs retrieved 2 mature, total ICSI failure

Hannam Fertility:
IVF#3 July 2017: Antagonist protocol( gonal-f, menopur, centrotide, double lupron trigger)

AFC 32, 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature 6 eggs frozen as back up, 8 PICSI 3 fertilized and arrested at morula/stage 2 blast.

IVF#3.5 Thawed 6 eggs for fertilization with PICSI and AOA. 2 out 6 thawed, 1 fertilized and arrested day 3.

Final diagnosis of severe male factor with sperm head defect and unexplained egg cytoplasm dysfunction. Moving onto known embryo donation!

Create Fertility (Donor Embryos):

FET#1: December 2018 BFN

FET#2: February 2018 BFP

#30 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:37 PM

Tess: it doesn't matter what I eat or drink she is a busy little monster. I threw up breakfast before the last ultrasound and only drank water that morning so technically I didn't feed her for over 12 hrs prior and she was still wired. Only thing that calmed her a bit was emptying my bladder which resulted in slightly less blurry images. For our NT scan I literally had to sit almost fully upright while the tech used the ultrasound head to trap her in the base of my uterus. Even then the images were barely readable. With her being so busy I felt her moving since 13 weeks which is crazy early for a first pregnancy. At 20 weeks we have already moved from gentle activity to aggressive get out of my space kicks. The next 20 weeks should be lovely lol. Hopefully she will take a nap for the 29th. They are hoping that with extra growth she will have less space to move around and should be forced to slow down.

Oh no!  That sounds crazy!  At about 10 weeks I was seeing my Ob/GYN for the first time.  We were searching for the heart beat and I had just drunk some orange juice at lunch.  

She kept moving the heart beat monitor around, but she was a little jumping bean!  She was so jumpy, the needed to wheel in a portable ultrasound machine to get the heartbeat.

The ultrasound machine was older tech, but it was still fun to see a picture, even if it was kind of blurry!

That's so neat you've felt her moving since 13 weeks.  I was pretty far along before I could tell that I was feeling mine move.

Hopefully she will be taking a nap on the 29th so they can get some beautiful pictures!!!

#31 Lola18

Lola18
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:30 PM

Abrianna- what position is she currently in? Are you taking note of the personality she is displaying to compare with after she is born?

With my little ones they are displaying two very distinct and consistent personalities on the ultrasounds. I am so curious to see whether this is maintained afterwards. One of them is a constant mover and acrobat...just like yours! The other is way calmer.

I can't remember at what point they start to recognize our voices..have you tried singing to her, or talking to her? Perhaps at this point it is worth trying anything...

#32 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:17 AM

Still no picc line but I drank 24 ounces of iced tea and no vomiting today. I stopped the supplements the past two days thought it might help.

#33 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:03 AM

No vomiting 24 hours!

Abrianna- I think you have a little firecracker in there! Shes a fierce one❤

Lola- I can waiting until my twins are bigger so I can see and feel more. I do have one hanging upside down. I think thats a boy! And the other one laying like a diva is a girl. I have at least another month before I can find out.

Winterfell and SJ check your email I sent you a pm.

#34 SJSP

SJSP
  • 69 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:05 PM

Hey all,

I had my first ultrasound yesterday - 6 weeks 1 day and we saw the heartbeat!  - 117 bpm. Hannam will continue to monitor me weekly until week 10 and I have my first OB-GYN appointment booked for week 11 - fingers and toes crossed we get there! 

I have had a lot of morning sickness, thankfully I'm just feeling like I'm going to barf, not actually barfing. My appetite is suffering a bit - I only want to eat white and beige foods it seems - pasta, rice, baked potatoes, chicken. I'm forcing myself to eat avocados, asparagus, spinach, fish and some beans and lentils. It's not horrible, just unpleasant. Orange juice and berries are going down ok. 

I find I'm worse in the afternoon and evening, so I've been trying to book all my meetings in the AM - I just want to nap all afternoon anyway.

The clinic mentioned weaning me off the hormones in a few weeks. B/c I miscarried at 8w last time, we never got that far. Anyone else ever been weaned off? What's that like? Also, this time feels way different than last time - way more symptoms. I hope that's a good sign.

How is everyone else doing? 

• Balance and SunshineTTC like this

#35 WinterfellGirl

WinterfellGirl
  • 57 posts
  • My Clinic:Previously Hannam & Create

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

SJ - congrats on seeing the heartbeat! It's very reassuring isn't it. So cute that a little being is in there. My RE said seeing the heartbeat lowers the miscarriage rate down to under 5%. Of course we still hear stories later on, which is awful for sure. I'm counting the weeks to get past that 12 week mark.

I emailed my clinic in Greece and they said at 10 weeks, which will be this coming weekend for me, I can drop my progesterone and estrace dosage by half. Do that for one week. Then stop everything altogether. My RE here at Create is deferring to their protocol, but said that sounds about right, stopping hormones around 10-12 weeks.

The only thing he told me was to stop the baby aspirin asap. I went in for an ultrasound on Sunday after waking up and seeing my urine had an orangy colour, meaning blood. He gave me a urine test. Waiting for the results. He just thought it could be some irritation or bruising up there, and recommended stopping the aspirin. Heartbeats were strong, which was a huge relief.

#36 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:54 PM

SJSP: So happy to hear your first ultrasound went well and Hannam is going to monitor you closely! Try to eat some protein snacks if you can as it helps with the nausea. I am the same way always worse as the day goes on. Fatigue makes it worse for some people. I hope it just stays as nausea for you and doesn't progress further.

I weaned off meds at 10 weeks. Just slowly decreased my doses over a 1 week period. I didn't have many side effects from weaning off that I remember. I decided to continue on baby aspirin since it is shown to lower risk of preeclampsia and having HG puts me at risk for it.

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

1.5mil post wash BFN

400,000 post wash BFN

Hannam Fertility:
IVF#3 July 2017: Antagonist protocol( gonal-f, menopur, centrotide, double lupron trigger)

AFC 32, 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature 6 eggs frozen as back up, 8 PICSI 3 fertilized and arrested at morula/stage 2 blast.

IVF#3.5 Thawed 6 eggs for fertilization with PICSI and AOA. 2 out 6 thawed, 1 fertilized and arrested day 3.

Final diagnosis of severe male factor with sperm head defect and unexplained egg cytoplasm dysfunction. Moving onto known embryo donation!

#37 HelenM

HelenM
  • Global 100+
  • 293 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program, Calgary

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:49 PM

SJSP, Im 25 weeks with twins right now. I went off meds cold turkey at 10 weeks as per dr. Scary as heck but I did not feel any changes other than thankfulness as not having to wear pantyliners and have goop all the time (now I wear them for a whole other reason 🙄 keep up those Kegel exercises ladies!).

TTC since Oct 2013

IVF  w/ ICSI #1 Jan 2016

-15 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 7 fertilized. Transferred 2 day 3 embryos. Nothing to freeze.th_abfn.gif

IVF w/ICSI #2 May 2016

-24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 6 fertilized. Transferred 3 day 3 embryos. Nothing to freeze. th_abfn.gif

#38 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:59 PM

We found out today that we are having.....A BOY!!!!  babyboy.gif

• ilovemydogs, CdnHockeyGal, SunshineTTC and 3 others like this

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#39 SJSP

SJSP
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:45 AM

I wanted to see how everyone is doing. How is everyone doing?

I'm 8 weeks and 6 days today. I had a scan on Wednesday and things are looking good. Heartbeat was 177, it was 2cm long, and even said "hello" by moving for us during the internal scan - so amazing. It has little arms, a brain and a spine. It's so cool to see the changes week to week! Of course, we are still cautiously optimistic and taking it week by week. 

I'm down to 1 estrdot patch every other day and am still on 2 progesterone suppositories 3 times a day. My morning sickness was brutal over the weekend - I took lots of naps. But I was feeling a bit better yesterday and so far so good today. 

#40 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:28 AM

Hey SJSP nice to hear from you!  Glad to hear you had a good 8 week scan!!

I am doing well.  My only main symptom is fatigue.  I have been having some nausea and food aversions that started for me in my 8th week.  I can't even look at some foods I previously ate all the time, like avocados.  But I am finding the fatigue is the most difficult thing for me right now.

We had a good 9 week scan and got to see our little guy moving a bit as well.  We didn't get a good photo but got to see some movement during.

Most of my meds are done I am only still doing hcg injections (my clinic does this to support the pregnancy but I haven't heard of anyone else doing it) which I do every three days and only have 3 more injections until I am done at 12 weeks.

Not much else going on.  I have been doing a little bit of shopping.  I bought cloth diapers yesterday.  That is my most maybe too early impractical purchase but they were second hand and I got a good deal on a good set that is gender neutral so I was happy with that.  smile.png

I am exicted with each development I read about the baby going through but I am also anxious for things to progress to the point people can tell I am pregnant and I can be open to do all the prep stuff.  I find December very stressful and since I am due in January and all my doctors say I will deliver early (due to my previous uterine septum surgery) I don't want to leave too much to the last minute.  icon_wink.gif Also it's fun!!  smile.png  and makes things more real when we are in such early stages.

How is everyone else doing?

Oh I almost forgot.  Wanted to post this just in case anyone else has this too.  Maybe provide some reassurance.  So I have had 4 bouts of minor bleeding/spotting.  The first was at 5 weeks.  I wiped after going pee and the tp was pink.  I wiped a bunch more times and it got lighter and lighter.  Then I had that same thing again at 7 weeks.  Then after at 9w2d.  That time it happened an hour before my OB appointment and 9 week ultrasound.  It made me super nervous for my ultrasound but we saw the little wiggle so all was ok.  Following the ultrasound I saw my OB who confirmed all was good on the ultrasound.  She had a look at my cervix and said she did see a little bit of blood but didn't know where it was coming from and said it is probably fine.  As I was talking to her and she was still looking, she said she saw a polyp on my cervix.  She thinks this is the source of the small bleeds I have had and said it won't cause any harm to the pregnancy.  I had another bleed at 9w5d this time it was bright red and enough that a little dripped into the toilet.  But again it was gone the next time I went to the bathroom.  That was over a week ago now and I haven't seen anything since.

It throws me into a bit of a tizzy each time I see that but I am happy now to have some kind of explanation.

• FMandAM and SJSP like this

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#41 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:55 PM

I'm 8 weeks and 6 days today. I had a scan on Wednesday and things are looking good. Heartbeat was 177, it was 2cm long, and even said "hello" by moving for us during the internal scan - so amazing. It has little arms, a brain and a spine. It's so cool to see the changes week to week! Of course, we are still cautiously optimistic and taking it week by week. 

I'm down to 1 estrdot patch every other day and am still on 2 progesterone suppositories 3 times a day. My morning sickness was brutal over the weekend - I took lots of naps. But I was feeling a bit better yesterday and so far so good today. 

A reminder for all posters that no is "kicked out" of any threads.  All members are welcome in all facets of this community.  Membership in a group comes with both social and group rules/expectations.  If a member is unable to follow those rules/expectations the challenge is with the member.  Not the other members of the community.  We have posted the community guidelines multiple times which I've posted again below for everyone's review.  I would trust that everyone here would be able to follow the community guidelines about respecting environment & location. 

A) Guiding Forum Principles

1) Respect your audience.

Remain cognizant of your forum audience.  Being surrounded by certain types of content can be difficult for other members for example, discussions of pregnancy news and child rearing issues can be difficult for those who are yet to reach their goals.

2)  Respect your location.

Ensure posts are placed in appropriate forum communities, relevant to both forum topics and the likely readers.

3)  Respect your environment.

Respect that what isn't considered appropriate for one forum audience may be entirely appropriate in another forum.  All members should feel welcome to respectfully discuss their personal situations in appropriate forums without being unnecessarily exposed to judgement by others.

4)  Respect Fellow Members

-  Treat each other with respect, compassion and dignity.

-  Please always be courteous to fellow forum users.

It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#42 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:36 PM

SJSP: I was thinking if you and wondering how you were doing. It is great to hear that your ultrasound went well and the little one is growing!! It is amazing how much change there is in the first 12 weeks. I remember by our 12 week scan our little girls was doing flips and sucking her thumb. Crazy that only a month prior she was a blob that was starting to look like a baby. Sorry to hear you are dealing with morning sickness. I hope it disappears with the second trimester for you.

Balance: Glad to hear things are still going well! Have you had your NT scan yet? We are doing cloth diapers as well and it has been so much fun picking out different patterns etc. We bought most of ours used as well or on really good sales. Is there a specific brand or style that you like?

I am 24 weeks this weekend and really hope the next few months go by quickly. I am so desperate to escape the HG/pregnancy at this point. I tried to wean off the Diclectin and just stay on the Zofran/Zantac but only made it 48 hrs before I was back into out of control vomitting. So much for hoping I could manage without the extra med. Only perk of having HG is my midwife isn't having me to do the glucose test. We both feel it is unlikely that I will be able to swallow and/or keep the drink down for the hour needed. I am considered very low risk for GD with our diet/lifestyle so I am just doing some fasting and post meal glucose checks at home this week instead.

We had our repeat anatomy scan last week. Amazingly she was in a cooperative mood and sleeping in the perfect head down position needed to gets the spine shots that were missed. It took 8 mins to redo the entire scan vs 40 mins with her previous uncooperative behaviour. I hadn't thrown up everything I ate before the scan this time so maybe she was just relaxed from acutally being fed lol.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

1.5mil post wash BFN

400,000 post wash BFN

Hannam Fertility:

#43 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:54 PM

Abrianna - I had hg as well for my last two pregnancies. It was horrendous and Im so sorry youre going through that.

I did however get diagnosed with gd for my last pregnancy even though I too was low risk. It sucked. Just weaned off the diclectin at 28 weeks and diagnosed basically the same day.

Id recommend monitoring blood glucose levels for several days instead of the test. Ive seen others with hg do it this way, and known a few who found out they had gd as well!

Good luck!

See about me page.

#44 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

Abrianna - I had hg as well for my last two pregnancies. It was horrendous and Im so sorry youre going through that.

I did however get diagnosed with gd for my last pregnancy even though I too was low risk. It sucked. Just weaned off the diclectin at 28 weeks and diagnosed basically the same day.

Id recommend monitoring blood glucose levels for several days instead of the test. Ive seen others with hg do it this way, and known a few who found out they had gd as well!

Good luck!

Quandry: Sorry to hear you were part of the HG club. It is terrible but I consider myself lucky as I knew I had it right away at 5 weeks and had an RE who listened with creating a management plan. So many women are not managed correctly with meds which just worsens the suffering.

I am Glucose monitoring at home this week in place of standard GD testing. So far my levels are well under normal for fasting and 1 or 2 hrs post meal. I am just thankful that it looks like GD will not be added to the mix for me!

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

1.5mil post wash BFN

400,000 post wash BFN

Hannam Fertility:

#45 SJSP

SJSP
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:44 PM

Balance - avocados are the worst! I'm having a massive aversion to them too. and I usually love them. Salads are also disgusting right now. It was 36 and I made a beef stew. I need to have everything cooked!  So sorry to hear about the bleeding - trust your doctors and try not to worry. I know it's hard so hard not to though. Please keep us posted on it. 

Abrianna, sorry that you are so sick! But happy to hear things are great at 24 weeks. 

Question - has anyone in Canada paid for the harmony blood test? It's $600 in Ontario. Or did you just do the regular screening? 

#46 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:15 PM

SJSP: We did the NIPT Panorama test private pay through lifelabs. I believe it was $550 and I was able to get most of it covered under out extended health as we have diagnostic test category. It was nice to know that everything was clear genetic wise but we mostly did it to find out gender early. If you fail the regular screening at 12 weeks then the NIPT is covered under OHIP.
  • ilovemydogs and SJSP like this

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

1.5mil post wash BFN

400,000 post wash BFN

Hannam Fertility:

#47 WinterfellGirl

WinterfellGirl
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:42 AM

A reminder for all posters that no is "kicked out" of any threads.  All members are welcome in all facets of this community.  Membership in a group comes with both social and group rules/expectations.  If a member is unable to follow those rules/expectations the challenge is with the member.  Not the other members of the community.  We have posted the community guidelines multiple times which I've posted again below for everyone's review.  I would trust that everyone here would be able to follow the community guidelines about respecting environment & location. 

Remain cognizant of your forum audience.  Being surrounded by certain types of content can be difficult for other members for example, discussions of pregnancy news and child rearing issues can be difficult for those who are yet to reach their goals.

Ensure posts are placed in appropriate forum communities, relevant to both forum topics and the likely readers.

Respect that what isn't considered appropriate for one forum audience may be entirely appropriate in another forum.  All members should feel welcome to respectfully discuss their personal situations in appropriate forums without being unnecessarily exposed to judgement by others.

Hi, not sure what this has to do with SJSP's post? But since you bring it up, if posters are not "kicked out" of any forum, why is one of our fellow IVFers, Pinkbudhha, "not allowed to visit this community" anymore. Just curious. Hopefully it's just a technical error.

#48 WinterfellGirl

WinterfellGirl
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:45 AM

Balance - avocados are the worst! I'm having a massive aversion to them too. and I usually love them. Salads are also disgusting right now. It was 36 and I made a beef stew. I need to have everything cooked!  So sorry to hear about the bleeding - trust your doctors and try not to worry. I know it's hard so hard not to though. Please keep us posted on it. 

Abrianna, sorry that you are so sick! But happy to hear things are great at 24 weeks. 

Question - has anyone in Canada paid for the harmony blood test? It's $600 in Ontario. Or did you just do the regular screening? 

I did the Harmony test two weeks ago. Waiting for results. The form I filled out had $495 as the price. Was not covered by OHIP because it's a donor egg pregnancy.

#49 writegal416

writegal416
  • Global 100+
  • 422 posts
  • Dx:Genetic

Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:46 PM

I did the Harmony test two weeks ago. Waiting for results. The form I filled out had $495 as the price. Was not covered by OHIP because it's a donor egg pregnancy.

It costs extra if you want additional testing.  We had that done for our little one.  

Advised Not to Get Pregnant: Circa 1994 or 1995 (I was FIFTEEN!!!)

Married: August 2010

Started Adoption Process:  January 2013

Started Researching Surrogacy: August 2016

Found Embryos: November 2016

Matched with Surrogate: April 2017, all adoption put on hold (never matched with a child)

Surrogate's First Transfer: July 2017 (one FET) - BFP, but m/c or chemical (unsure, since second beta rose more than 60%, but third beta dropped)

Surrogate's  Second Transfer: October 2017 (one FET) - BFN

Surrogate's Third Transfer: December 2017 (double transfer) - BFN

Moving on to donor eggs...

New donor embryos available!!! Trying with them

Surrogate's Fourth Transfer:  February 2018 - was to be a double transfer, but one did not survive thawing, so single transfer; First beta - 685!!!!!; Beta #2 - 1594!!!  eusa_dance.gif yahoo.gif

First ultrasound (at 7 weeks, 2 days): Heart rate of 154 bpm, measuring slightly behind (just under 7 weeks)

Second ultrasound (9 weeks, 1 day):  Heart rate of 170 bpm, measuring small (again) at a little under 9 weeks.  Basically, it is growing at a good pace, just small - UPDATE:  heart rate is 175 bpm according to an email from the clinic! 

Harmony tests show that we are low risk and we're Team babyboy.gif

#50 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:42 PM

Hi, not sure what this has to do with SJSP's post? But since you bring it up, if posters are not "kicked out" of any forum, why is one of our fellow IVFers, Pinkbudhha, "not allowed to visit this community" anymore. Just curious. Hopefully it's just a technical error.

The post in question was moderated as it did not meet community guidelines.  

Posters are NEVER kicked out of any forum but they do have to respect the aforementioned posted guidelines.

As a general comment if there are repeated violations of Community Guidelines that we are unsuccessful in addressing through requests to stop then a member may be put on "timeout" before rejoining the community.  These timeouts can vary from 48hrs to 1 week depending on the individual.  In most instances the members discontinue posting that is not in keeping with Community Guidelines.

If posting/behavior continues that is not in keeping with Community Guidelines in rare instances a member may not be a good fit for our community.  This is extremely rare and I can only think of 2 instances where this has occurred.

However, if I as a moderator become aware of a member sharing the contents of a private communication after repeated warnings, such as the above, further action may then become warranted.

As a reminder to all under "Prohibited Activities":

5) Sharing private messages without the consent of all parties involved. Exception: Messages sent to moderators/administrators may be shared amongst them if messages have questions or concerns about forum conduct and policies or if sharing might help resolve issues that are critical to the operation and functionality of site features.

It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018