• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:12 PM

Sunny days are here again - pretty skies no clouds.

#2 WinterfellGirl

WinterfellGirl
  • 57 posts
  • My Clinic:Previously Hannam & Create

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:59 PM

Pink - I forgot to ask you. You mentioned on the Donor buddies thread that your pregnancy is extremely high risk with no guarantee of a take home baby. Can I ask what this is based on? Just age in general? The HG? I'm in the same boat age wise and just as worried. My RE said advanced maternal age plus twins puts me in a higher risk group, but seeing the heartbeats lowers the miscarriage risk to less than 5%. He did say anything can happen but didn't use the words extreme high risk.

#3 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:08 PM

Winterfell nice to have you here❤. High risk due to age, twins, HG, and having my stomach removed. Id use a high risk OB.

#4 Abrianna

Abrianna
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:33 PM

Hey girls!

Pinkbuddha: I am glad you have the regular IVs going but sorry to hear they are blowing out. Definitely sounds like a PICC line would be a good idea.

Winterfell: I am glad the UTI episode resolved. I think we all worry about something being wrong all the time. Even while practically dying from HG I have still been scared that something is wrong.

SJSP: Definitely celebrate every milestone no matter how small at this point. When is your u/s at Hannam?

We had our 20 week anatomy scan on Friday. I was feeling pretty anxious going into it as I haven't gained any weight since 9 weeks due to the HG. With all the HG meds I was also stressed about potential increased risk of birth defects. I had nothing to worry about as she is thriving and measurement over a week ahead. As usually she was super active and uncooperative so I have to go back on the 29th to try and get the correct spine shots. She literally rolled in every direction but the one we needed. I can feel her moving daily now so that is helping to decrease some of my anxiety. Still feeling pretty depressed overall with the HG. After the horrible fertility journey we went through getting HG has made it feel like every enjoyable part of the experience has been taken away. I am trying to just focus on just making it through each week and eating/drinking enough to keep both are us alive. Atleast I am still able to work which gives me some form of positive distraction.

Me:33 DH:37 Dx MFI

Ottawa Fertility Centre:

IUI#1 Feb 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
1.5mil post wash BFN

IUI#2 April 2016: gonal-f/centrotide
400,000 post wash BFN

IVF#1 July 2016:long agonist protocol(bcp/suprefact, gonal-f 150iu, Ovidrel)

AFC 28, 12 retrieved 8 mature, 1 fertilized with ICSI BFP ended in CP

IVF #2 Nov 2016:long agonist protocol(gonal-f 125 iu and luveris 75 added)

AFC 18, 3 eggs retrieved 2 mature, total ICSI failure

Hannam Fertility:
IVF#3 July 2017: Antagonist protocol( gonal-f, menopur, centrotide, double lupron trigger)

AFC 32, 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature 6 eggs frozen as back up, 8 PICSI 3 fertilized and arrested at morula/stage 2 blast.

IVF#3.5 Thawed 6 eggs for fertilization with PICSI and AOA. 2 out 6 thawed, 1 fertilized and arrested day 3.

Final diagnosis of severe male factor with sperm head defect and unexplained egg cytoplasm dysfunction. Moving onto known embryo donation!

Create Fertility (Donor Embryos):

FET#1: December 2018 BFN

FET#2: February 2018 BFP

#5 SJSP

SJSP
  • 69 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

Winterfell! So happy to see you here! What happened last week sounds terrible, but I'm happy you are fine now. 

I'm having lots of symptoms! I'm nauseous all the time (yay!) I even ran out of bed to the bathroom a couple of times over the weekend. I'm not puking, just feel sick. And honestly, because it's manageable, not what Pink is going though, I'm happy to have symptoms. Today was my first real day back at work - that said, I did work about 20 hours on my "week off" last week. I found I was pretty exhausted today and had to triple check every email for typos. SO MANY TYPOS! Drinking lots of water and having small meals is helping with the sickness.

I actually felt sick 3 days before my 1st beta - I put it down to maybe eating something that didn't sit right with me. 

My ultrasound is a week today! This will be a busy week, so it'll go by quickly. 

Abrianna! Happy to see you here too! I love that your little one is so active! So sorry about the HG, but happy you are functioning! 

#6 HelenM

HelenM
  • Global 100+
  • 293 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program, Calgary

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Hi ladies,
I figured I would join you on here since the September due date board isnt very active at all and we share something in common!
Im 24 weeks pregnant with twin boys thanks to anonymous embryo donation through our clinic after two failed rounds of IVF with our own gametes. The most magical gift anyone could have given us. Both my husband and I are nesting hard core right now. Hard to believe its all coming true after 5 years of struggles!

TTC since Oct 2013

IVF  w/ ICSI #1 Jan 2016

-15 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 7 fertilized. Transferred 2 day 3 embryos. Nothing to freeze.th_abfn.gif

IVF w/ICSI #2 May 2016

-24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 6 fertilized. Transferred 3 day 3 embryos. Nothing to freeze. th_abfn.gif

#7 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:17 AM

Hi ladies,

I have been travelling this weekend for a friends birthday party and visiting other friends and to my clinic for my first ultrasound.  I missed A LOT while I was gone but I want to get caught up and will write more soon.

I just wanted to say Hi and let you all know that I had my first ultrasound yesterday and it was amazing.  We got to see the heart beating and I am measuring almost on track, only one day behind yesterday they said I was 7w1d and gave me a due date of January 27, 2019.

Everything looked good so I don't have to travel anymore and I will have my next ultrasound June 25th in Ottawa (home to me) so that will be much less stressful.

I am off now for my first appointment with my GP to discuss next steps and to get an ODB/GYN.

Again I haven't had time to catch up on all that was posted since I was sort of out of range of technology on the weekend.  I read a bit on the other thread but not this one yet.  Just wanted to come and say hello and I'll have a lot more to say later.  :)

• Tess and CdnHockeyGal like this

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#8 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

Thanks Tess❤

I feel like Im in the same row boat with these ladies and also because we had success around the same time.

Today the nurse cracked the whip. Im going to get a PICC line. My IV blows out after each infusion. I hate being a pin cushion. Ive lost now 18 pounds in 14 days. Thursday I will be 10 weeks. So I have to get hydrated. Im waiting to hear when that is going to happen.

Hey Balance Ive been thinking about you. Seeing that ultrasound had to be amazing. Im just so thrilled for you❤. Have you thought of names yet? Ive picked my two sets. I also started my baby registry to help me focus on the joy of having babies. Just generic stuff for now until we find out genders.

Abrianna I am surprised you can work. I have been off since May 15. Can you take frequent breaks? What did they give you for your nausea?

Hello to everyone else. Im feeling like vomiting again so Ill check in later. ❤ Pink

#9 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

Abrianna- Im taking phenergan, Zantac, reglan, unisom, B6 for the nausea. Zofran never did a thing for me. About four years ago, I had 90% of my stomach removed so vomiting kills me. Im at risk for rupturing my tiny 2 tablespoon size stomach. Very scary. I havent thrown up today but evening and middle of the night are the worst me. I feel like I could any minute. Havent heard back from the doc yet on my PICC line. Probably tomorrow. I found all sorts of cute shower proof PICC covers on amazon. Even leopard print. I just have to do whatever I can to help myself take care of these babies. Thank God I can take time off work. We get paid here for disability. Im a nurse so it would be terrible to try to work now. I did manage to drink three glasses iced sun tea and a quarter cup of Mac n cheese went down stayed down so far. Best I have done so far.

#10 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:47 PM

I'm hoping adding Zantac twice daily will help me.   Also I like club soda but only small sips.

#11 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

When are everyones ultrasounds? I dont have another scheduled yet. The last one was last week. Everything looked great. I have my first appointment with the high risk OB next week. Ive been seeing everyone but her. Im hoping to be able to stop the extra hormone stuff soon. I heard at 12 weeks but who knows. My poor hips and butt are so lumpy and sore from the shots.

• CdnHockeyGal likes this

#12 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:33 PM

Still waiting on the doctor about my PICC line. I was able to drink some iced tea which was great. I am going to try to sit outside on my patio to get some sun. Depression is hard. But Im going to beat it. One day at a time.

#13 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:05 PM

Topics relating to any type of donor pregnancy from transfer to delivery.

#14 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

Im 43 pregnant with twins 10 weeks tomorrow. I have Hyperemesis Gravidarum which is pretty isolating. Looking for some buddies who are pregnant after using a donor. I didnt make it public in my circle because my husband wants it kept private. Ive been struggling with prenatal depression since the HG started. HG robs you of your joy which is hard to explain to people who dont have it. Ive been trying 17 years to get pregnant and Im used to it not being me who was pregnant. DOR is hard to explain also to people who arent familiar. Now I am finally pregnant and Im miserable. The unrelenting puking and nausea sucks the life out of my soul. I could win the lottery tomorrow and it wouldnt excite me. Thanks for listening.
  • Tess and Lola18 like this

#15 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

Still waiting on the doctor to call about the PICC line. I have been able to tolerate a glass of iced tea. Im hoping I can sit outside in the sun. Prenatal depression is tough but Im going to make it. One day at a time. If you have depression during your pregnancy you are not alone. Theres a lot of resources online and most OB and midwives are very skilled in helping you through it. Im hoping to spread awareness for prenatal depression. ❤🌈❤
  • Lola18 likes this

#16 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:51 PM

Balance, SJ, Winterfell, Helen, Lola- how are you girls doing? Any updates?
  • Tess likes this

#17 Lola18

Lola18
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:44 PM

Any update on the PICC line? Were you able to sit out in the sun a little? I wish I had words of wisdom re: HG. Really like your positive attitude - you will get through this! You'll soon be at the end of the first trimester...one day at a time...

AFM - > 40, 35 and a half weeks pregnant with twins (double donor). Dealing with pregnancy induced hypertension.

Good luck to all on this journey, whatever stage you are at!

#18 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:47 PM

Pinkbudda - a good nausea buster is anything with protein. Its a slower release and regulates blood sugar better than straight carbs. A huge help for me was the green tea Frappuccino at Starbucks with protein powder added in (and double blended to make sure theres no clumps). I also got it without added sweetener.

My schedule for the day for meds was - two diclectin on rising. A dose of gravol (I believe its called paracetamol in the US?)and gravol ginger two hours later. One diclectin at midday. Another dose of gravol and gravol ginger two hours later. Two diclectin around seven pm. I too had all day nausea. I also had hypersalivation so not only was I losing fluid through vomiting but I was drooling and having to spit out over a liter of saliva a day. It was difficult to stay hydrated when I was so sick. Small sips of fluid more frequently helped a lot. I couldnt stomach water either so I was drinking about 2 liters of milk a day at least!
  • CdnHockeyGal likes this

See about me page.

#19 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:58 PM

I had PIH and preeclampsia my first time and my daughter was just fine. Im glad youre being monitored. No word on the PICC line. The nurse is having trouble getting a hold of the doctor its super busy in L & D right now. I drank 24 ounces of iced tea today. No vomiting. I feel like it but nothing yet. So happy you came here❤ Pink
  • Tess and Lola18 like this

#20 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:03 PM

Lola,

How are you feeling?  I hope all is well.

#21 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:04 PM

Balance,

How did the first ultrasound go?  I hope that everything is going well with you!

#22 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:05 PM

RE: Dental effects of the HG.

Does mouthwash help at all?

I had a really difficult time brushing my teeth without gagging.  Mouthwash helped a bit, as long as it didn't touch the back of my throat.

#23 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:11 PM

Pinkbuddha,

RE: nausea

Iced tea sounds like a really good idea.   

I wonder if a little bit of lemon would help, and that's one way to get a little bit of citrus.

Do other people have suggestions for drinks that would stay down?  

#24 pinkbuddha

pinkbuddha
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:15 PM

I have tropical tea really nice. I do like lemon.
  • Tess likes this

#25 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

I have tropical tea really nice. I do like lemon.

Does the citrus acid hurt your stomach at all?

I wondered if acid-based fruits affected the nausea different from base- foods like bananas and yogurt?