What are steps for FET after CCS? - Olive Fertility - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What are steps for FET after CCS?

Best Answer hopefuldadsomeday , 12 June 2018 - 02:25 PM

Hi JDC, we go to the same clinic.  At this stage you basically wait for the PGS-results (should take ~1 or 2 weeks).  After you get the results and you want to go ahead with a FET just call them and they'll schedule you in for next cycle.  Assuming you are on a medicated cycle they will give you a prescription in advance for your estrogen, and you call in when your period comes in at which point they'll tell you to start your estrogen and schedule your first lining check.  The frequency of subsequent checks will depend on your lining, but usually if it's not thick enough they'll go another week.  If you are on a natural cycle it will require more frequent monitoring but I believe not until around CD10 or 12 (and then you have to go in pretty much every day).  Good luck!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JDC

JDC
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:35 PM

Hi Ladies,

It's my first time to post here. English is not my first language so I hope you can understand my Enlgihssmile.png 

I have done my first ER recently and I got the final update from an embryologist today on Day 6. Now, Day 6 blastocysts are going to be sent for PGS. 

My question is what the next step will be? What should I expect after the PGS result comes back? Any medications, bloodworks or u/s?? When I had IVF orientarion, the nurse had a paper to show us the steps after ER're done, but the nurse didn't give me the sheet and said, "it's too much information for now, so you will get those instruction once your ER was done."

I was also told to call them once I get the final call from the lab on day 5 or 6, so I did. Then I just got an email saying, "Please call the clinic with your next period." 

I am living out of Vancouver and need to take a plane/ferries to come Olive. If I call them on CD1 and need to come in on cd2 or sometimes before ovulation, I prefer to know typical schedule in advance for preparation. If any of you who already gone through IVF+PGS+FET, could you please let me know what you did? Your help would be very much appreciated wavey.gif

* I'm currently taking only Provera 10mg in the evening from ER day. 

#2 hopefuldadsomeday

hopefuldadsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 718 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:25 PM   Best Answer

Hi JDC, we go to the same clinic.  At this stage you basically wait for the PGS-results (should take ~1 or 2 weeks).  After you get the results and you want to go ahead with a FET just call them and they'll schedule you in for next cycle.  Assuming you are on a medicated cycle they will give you a prescription in advance for your estrogen, and you call in when your period comes in at which point they'll tell you to start your estrogen and schedule your first lining check.  The frequency of subsequent checks will depend on your lining, but usually if it's not thick enough they'll go another week.  If you are on a natural cycle it will require more frequent monitoring but I believe not until around CD10 or 12 (and then you have to go in pretty much every day).  Good luck!

• JDC likes this

March 2016 - Miscarriage #1 (chemical pregnancy)

August 2016 -  Miscarriage #2 (Trisomy-16)

December 2016 - Miscarriage #3 (unknown - suspected chromosomal abnormality)

IVF #1 - Aug 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol) - 9 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 blastocysts, only 1 PGS normal embryo 5BB mitoscore 25.1 (frozen)

IVF #2 - Nov 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol - with testosterone priming and growth hormone) - 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 5BB mitoscore 33.12 (frozen)

IVF #3 - Jan 2018 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol with growth hormone) -  4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 6BB mitoscore 29.82 (frozen)

FET #1 - March 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining (6.25mm)

FET #1.2 - April 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining again! (4.85mm)

FET #1.3 - June 4, 2018 (lining 7.5mm!) - th_abfn.gif

ERA Aug 2018 - Pre-receptive by 1 day

FET #2 - Sep 18, 2018 (lining 6.9mm) th_abfp.gif  Beta #1: Sep 30, 2018 - 682  Beta #2: Oct 6,2018 - 6656 U/S: Oct 15 - measuring 6w4d (CRL 6.87mm), HR 127bpm! U/S: Oct 25 - measuring 8w1d (CRL 16.69mm), HR 168bpm!  Discharged to midwives!  June 7, 2019: It's a girl!  DD born 7lb 2oz babygirl.gif

#3 JDC

JDC
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

Hi hopefuldadsomeday! 

Thank you so much for the info. It's nice to hear from someone goes to the same clinic. Yes, I will be on medicated cycle with Estrace and injection. I just didn't know when all of those medication, bloodworks and u/s will be starting. Thanks to you, I don't have to worry going down to the city earlier of my cycle. 

I just went through the super nervous lab updates and now worry about PGS results, lining is the next, then 2ww.... feels so long. 

You are waiting for your beta! Almost there! Good luckstork-baby.gif

#4 ColdGold

ColdGold
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility Centre

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:58 PM

Hi! I too go to Olive and am waiting to start my FET cycle. I finished my provera at the beginning of this month and Ive picked up my estrace prescription which I will be starting on the first day of my next cycle (any day now!!)

I read a blog post on the Olive site about how suppository progesterone was just as effective as injected (subcutaneous) progesterone, so I was surprised to learn that I would be taking it as an injection every 3 days until 10 weeks pregnant in conjunction with suppositories.

What I know as of now is that Ill be taking estrace once a day for the first 5 days of my cycle, then twice a day for the next 5 the. 3 times a day until 10 weeks PG. After the ultrasound Ill be given instructions on when and how to take my progrestrone.

My main questions are: when is 10 weeks pregnant!?? The timeline doesnt really seem to line up with the start of your menstrual cycle... 3 weeks of estrogen and progesterone before your transfer, then another 2 weeks of waiting.... where does the count start?!? lol!!

My second question is: are the progesterone injections only intramuscular or has anyone had a subcutaneous option?

And also, I see some clinics give you a print out image of your embryo. Does Olive do that too?

Thanks for any responses!