• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hope15

Hope15
  • Global 100+
  • 313 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:29 PM

wondering if this is a thing, do you find that your IVF/FET babies are more advance than the non IVF?FET babies? this is the case among my little man's peers so far, seeing if i'm alone on this.

2015 3 IUI = BFN 
Funded cycle IVF March 2016
April 2016 ectopic pregnancy.
June FET BFN. Chemical th_angrywife.gif

August BFP 1 beta 636 2nd beta 1526 fx for being in the right place.

Ultrasound 1 of many Aug.25 (happy birthday to me?)

Ultrasound # 2 Sept. 2

DS April 2017

project sibling Due June 2019

#2 Red Wine

Red Wine
  • Cyclebase
  • 2692 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:57 PM

Im not sure if IVF / FET babies are more advanced but babies learn at different rates and brains develop at different rates. Some babies may be more advanced and their peers may catch up. My son is almost four and hes ahead of his peers in speech and problem solving skills. I think part of this is because hes a only child and we speak to him a lot and dont use baby talk. His problem solving skills are just because thats how he is.

If your baby is ahead when hes older then that is a better indication of his skill level.

Even with my son he is ahead in lots of skills but we really dont know if hes advanced.

Apparently Einstein didnt speak until he was four.

On never knows.
  • CdnHockeyGal and Hope15 like this

See about me page.

#3 HFLO

HFLO
  • Global 100+
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:13 AM

I have wondered this exact thing! I know parents are biased when it comes to their kids, but I have lots of medical professionals in the family and weve received lots of feedback about how ahead of the game our son is, physically and mentally...and this is from people who dont know about our IF journey. I wonder if there has been any studies done on this. Our guy is a FET baby so DH and I joke that hes super wise because he has been around way longer than 10 months in the womb and 7 months on the outside!! His peers are inexperienced in comparison!
  • Hope15 likes this

DH: 39 - MF, low motility, low count

Me: 40 - lining issues, hx of polyps and fibroids

TTC since 2008.

Started IVF journey in 2012,3 fresh cycles and 3 FET attempts with first RE resulted in 3 BFNs and 3 cancelled transfers. No BFPs, no chemicals, never even seen a double line on HPT. cry.gif

Changed REs in 2015. Repeated all tests and decided to bank embryos for PGS testing due to history of BFNs. After 3 cycles and PGS testing - finally achieved 2 PGS normal embryos.banana.gifbanana.gif RE suggested ERA testing to determine implantation window.Mock cycle in May 2016 and July 2016, receptive results showing that 7 days of progesterone support required.

FET attempt #1 with new RE- Sept 2016: cancelled due topharmacy med mixup th_agrr.gif

FET attempt #2 with new RE - Nov 2016: cancelled again - lining not trilaminar eusa_wall.gif

FET #3 with new RE - Feb 2017 eusa_pray.gif- suppression check and removed nuvaring on Jan 12th. To start delestrogen injections Jan 16th. Final lining check on Feb 1st - got the green light to transfer finally!!yahoo.gifFeb 7th transferred one5bb euploid embryo, beta scheduled for Feb 21st.eusa_pray.gifSymptoms: strong sense of smell, very tired, tugging/pulling/small cramps, sore breasts, and heartburn. Caved and POAS at 4.5dpt and saw 2 lines for the very first time in my life, POAS every dayuntilsecond line was darker thancontrol!th_acheerlead.gif. Asked clinic to move up beta. First beta 9dp5dt=110; Second beta 11dp5dt=269; Third beta 13dp5dt=685. Ultrasound scheduled for March 3rd eusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif

Due Oct 26, 2017!!!

#4 Red Wine

Red Wine
  • Cyclebase
  • 2692 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:15 AM

Of course everyone thinks there baby/child is smart but it is also bad to give labels to your child so young. If your child is advanced then youll figure it out in time.

Some babies walk at ten months old and some people may think thats advanced. Whereas lots of babies that walk early may be on the smaller side. Bigger babies walk later as they need more muscle to carry a heavier body.

I would not label your child yet as that sets up expectations that may be unattainable in the future. Many children are advanced in one or two areas and may lack in others.

If your child is truly advanced, way smarter than the average joe, then it will be obvious in time.
  • CdnHockeyGal, Aiglee and Hope15 like this

See about me page.