supressed - YEAH!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:31 PM

Hi Cycle Buddies - Jill, Heather, Joy & Kulta337

I found out today that I'm offically supressed :D Now I'm off to the stimulation phase this Thursday. I've had no side effects so far except for 2 hot flashes yesterday and both times I was talking to my husband on the phone. So he just thinks its because he makes me hot :banana:

I also had the needle training today - nothing to it!

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW JOY!!! I think you have your ER scheduled for tomorrow. :flowers:

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:53 PM

Thanks Tanya I can use all the luck and prayers that I can get, but It wasn't me having the E/R today, I have a few more days to go. I will know on Thursday morning when we are going fishing!! I am in the same boat as Heather was in last week, Thursday we either are setting the date to retrieve, or we wait for next month. They said don't worry about it, so I'm not. Thanks to Heather going through it last week I have all the hope in the world! Sorry to you Heather, but Thank You for helping me to relax! :beach: :beach: :beach:
I think you might be thinking of Heather, because she is about a week ahead of me.

Heather, How are you doing? Did all go well? Are you standing on your head yet?!?!! Take care and get lots of rest!! You aren't far from the top of my thoughts ALL the time!! If I can think it to happen for you, IT WILL!! Hang in there and post to us as soon as you can. :icon_wink:
Thanks again,
Joy

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:32 PM

Hi TanyaM

Glad to hear that you are supressed and get to start the next phase. I am assuming you are starting Gonal F on Thursday? I am also going to the clinic in Halifax. I am a little bit behind you. I go for my first visit on Friday to see if I'm supressed and if all is well then it's on to the next step. So I may only be a day behind you...
Is this your first IVF? This is our second. We were unsuccessful with our first IVF back in July. Hoping this cycle will go better and we'll get a BFP.
So no side effects with the Suprefact for you, besides your two hot flashes!? I've started getting a few headaches and a bit tired, but won't complain too much...
I'm anxious but also a bit nervous about the new clinic. I think I read a post from you or another girl that talked about how it feels like you are going to a mall for a baby. And also that they seemed a bit disorganized??
Good Luck with your first shot of Gonal F on Thursday!!!!

Dina :flowers:

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:04 PM

Heather, Joy , Kulta and other cycle buddies..
AF has arrived so bring on the drugs! I will be going to the clinic Thurs. for u/s then starting my injections on the same day. If all goes well retreival and ICSI should be mid March.
For those of you on Purgeon, what dosage have they put you on?? I was on 100 iu twice per day last cycle which i thought was really low and subsequently was disappointed with my number of embryos 12 of which only 8 were viable.
Hopefully we'll be seeing some BFP by end of March! :dance:
Jill

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:11 PM

Hi Jill,

I was on 250iu/Puregon per day.

Again, the protocols may vary from person to person. Caution is usually practiced by clinics as high dosage might also end up with OHSS.

All the best to you. :flowers:

Cheers,
FloJo

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:45 PM

Hey Girlies!

Thanks for the wellwishes, but Joy...there have been a change of plans for us. My E2 levels sucked and I only have 4 follicles. So...they are going for IUI on Thursday instead of IVF and if that doesn't work we will start a new cycle and new protocol in May.

I hope that all is going supremely well for the rest of you!!!

Cheers,
Heather