#1 hopefultobeamom

hopefultobeamom
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Center

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:37 PM

Hello Dr. Fiona,

I was a member on here quite a few years back.... i was with my previous partner, we completed 2 rounds of IVF and the majority of my eggs retrieved were immature. My RE wanted to do a 3rd IVF and thought if the majority came back immature again it would most likely be due to egg quality. Well, things did not end up working out with my relationship, fast forward 5 years later and I am remarried, trying for 9 months to conceive. we went back to my previous RE and he took a look at my old file and is concerned because of the immature eggs. He did say different relationship = different sperm so it doesn't hurt to try again and he is thinking of pushing me a little harder this time around to see what happens.

My question to you is..... what supplements can help with egg quality if this is an issue? I am currently taking Fertiliaid for Women, Ovaboost and just waiting for my royal jelly to arrive in the mail. what are your thoughts?

I should add, after my divorce I was in a relationship and we conceived twice...... which put my mind at ease with the whole egg quality issue...... could it still be an egg quality issue if i was able to conceive naturally twice? I like to think stress plays a HUGE part because it wasn't even a thought in my mind about getting pregnant.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

#2 prayingforgrey

prayingforgrey
  • 28 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Astra Fertility

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:05 PM

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you what was suggested to me by my naturopath to help increase egg quality :) For any of these supplements to be effective, they need to be taken consistently.

Supplements:
1) Ubiquinol (300mg/day) - this is the active form of CoQ10 and recommended for women over 30.
2) PQQ (20 mg/day)
3) NAC (1200 mg/day or 400mg/3x per day)
4) Royal Jelly
5) Myo-Inositol (especially if you have PCOS as PCOS may create lower quality eggs)
6) Alpha Lipoic Acid (400mg/day)
7) Omega 3s

Foods:
1) Foods high in antioxidants (berries, dark greens)
2) Cut out sugar and alcohol. Sugar includes complex carbs such as potatoes and pasta too.
3) Cut out or reducr gluten.
4) Reduce caffeine - replace with decaf green tea.
5) Eat foods rich in good fats (avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts like brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds)

Best of luck to you!