• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#201 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • 44 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

Hey ladies!

Sounds like everyone one is moving along nicely.

I got gestational diabetes... but have been able to control it with diet. Its so hard not to eat sweets since thats what this little girl wants but I keep telling my self 3 months!!! Christmas will be hard lol.
Also my cervix started to shorten a a couple of weeks ago. I Have had a couple surgeries in the past on it so the doctors have been keeping an eye on it thank god. Started to take progesterone suppositories again which sucks but good news its keeping the cervix at bay so we are thrilled no bed rest for me yet! We get an ultrasound every two weeks and they said next month probably every week. Thats a lot of driving!!!
But I entered the third trimester on Friday!! And we got our nursery furniture so I am so excited to start on that!!

Firsttimeivfer- thats so crazy you got that sick! I hope things are clearing up and your feeling better. Its so scary since flu season is apon us.
Yes I did get the uppa baby!!!

Balance - I really wanted hubby to feel baby kick as well and he was able to at 28 weeks.
diQHm6.png

#202 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:25 PM

Hi All,

Nice to hear from you Mrs T. sorry to hear about your cervix and GD but I am glad you are being monitored closely.

Things are moving along.  I am getting so excited as each month passes.  I can't wait to meet our baby!  I am enjoying also all the preparations that are helping to make this so much more real.

We have our baby room pretty much set up now.  We have things we still need but mostly we are good, and if he arrived early we have enough to get us started.  I still have to have my shower so that will be exciting to see what else we get for this guy and after that I can do the final touches.

My husband was able to feel the baby starting at 25 weeks.  I thought the kicks were a bit stronger so I told him to feel and he I was happily surprised that he said he could feel them.  It was also on his birthday that he felt the kicks for the first time so I said to him, "there you got your first birthday present from your son."

I had my GD test last Friday and I passed, from what I can see online.  I have an OB appointment tomorrow where she will go over all the blood work I am sure.

Things are going well in this pregnancy for me so I am lucky, but I am being followed as high risk because of other health issues I have so I seem to have so many appointments.  I go tomorrow and for the past couple weeks I have been going every week.  With an ultrasound each time.  Tomorrow will be our 10th ultrasound.

I also have a 3D ultrasound booked for this coming weekend.  Can't wait for that one!  

I love hearing from you ladies.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Send an update when you have time!  :)

The countdown is on :)

• returnable likes this

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#203 Kcs_girl

Kcs_girl
  • 53 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:PCRM - Vancouver

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:16 PM

Wow everyone seems so prepared already. We haven't purchased anything yet (other than a blanket and we were gifted a couple of family heirloom clothing items) because we're waiting for after the baby shower to see what we get from that first. But it makes me feel a little panicky since we have NOTHING right now, heaven forbid I go early...

Speaking of, Mrs T I'm glad your cervix is staying put so far, I've also been diagnosed with GD but they diagnosed me surprisingly late. I had the test about 6 weeks ago and I just got my monitor on Friday. Mind you my sugars have been consistently within range ever since I got it so I'm not really worried (I've even snuck in some left over halloween candy, and still all good).

We did have a little scare a couple of weeks ago, blame it on FTM paranoia. I woke up wet, not gusher wet, but in my mind it seemed like it might be trickle wet, and was wet again a couple of hours later. Just so happens this occurred on 27w6d which unfortunately was the exact same gestational date that my cousin's wife delivered their baby this past august and he didn't make it. So of course I was panicking, trying to stay calm and be objective, wanting to be sure that there was a leak, I went to work, dumb I know, since I couldn't concentrate worth a fig and was running to the bathroom every 15 minutes. And then I started having cramping, low in my abdomen. Well when the cramping got to be every 15 minutes I'd had enough and took myself into the Family Birthing Unit. I must say it's a whole different medical world when you go in with a perceived issue to L&D than it is when you go in to a clinic or emergency, first off they take you seriously, very few questions and they had a tag on my arm me in a hospital gown and a monitor on my belly. I was very impressed. 

Turns out it was nothing, the nurses there were great, and when the doctor said there was no evidence of amniotic fluid one of them cheered "Yay, you peed yourself!!" LOL, 

Since then, talking to my OB, she thinks that I stressed myself out and that's what stimulated the cramping, so she wants me to go off work early, I told her I'd think about it, but I'm going to take her up on it at my next appointment. With the holidays coming up and me stressing about not having any baby stuff ready, I'm in some serious need of relaxation. Not to mention all the appointments coming up, I'm having a hard time getting everything to work around my work schedule anyway and have had to take vacation days so that I could attend prenatal appointments. Is anyone else planning on taking their leave early? 

Aside from that everything seems to be going really well, I didn't feel any kicks until around 23-24w Anterior Placenta strikes again, but now it's pretty consistent as long as I'm sitting up. I feel him mostly when I'm sitting at my desk at work, driving the car, or at the dinner table at home, but he's definitely a strong one :) 

TTC: since May 2016

1st IVF cycle April 2018:
April 10th - started acupuncture

April 17th - AF arrived, cycle begins

April 19th - started injections (Gonal-F 300, Menopur 150, Fragmin 5000)

May 1st - ER: 14 eggs, 11 mature, 8 fertilized

May 6th - ET: 2 4AB blasts transferred ( 2 frozen )

May 13th - HPT - BFP!!!!!

May 15th - 1st Beta - 116!

May 17th - 2nd Beta - 241! Woohoo, we doubled!

June 5th - 7 wk u/s - 1 little jelly bean!! hr 127bpm

June 21st - 9 wk u/s - 22.1mm crl, and hr 187 heart.gif 

July 5th - 1st prenatal apt with OB

July 6th - Harmony blood test

August 1st - Results are all clear, and we're having a babyboy.gif Boy babyboy.gif 

Due Date January 22, 2019!!

zKUjm7.png

#204 Zumzum

Zumzum
  • 26 posts
  • My Clinic:La Jolla

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:37 PM

Hi all, long time since my last visit. Seems everyone is progressing, maybe with little hick-ups but I believe there is no such thing as uneventful pregnancy :-)
We have also had some exciting moments, more maybe due to surrogacy than the baby itself.
We are 33 weeks now so not a long way to go!
I ordered a baby carrier, which is our biggest investment so far. Few shirts and a skirt of course.
We are moving houses which will be a logistical nightmare with the newborn but my key thought is that hopefully all goes well with the baby and the rest I can manage.
Have a great week and looking forward to hear your updates!

#205 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:06 PM

Just thought I'd bring this to a more current post since the big days are coming up quick!  :)

January Due Dates  stork-baby.gifpreggo.gif 

1/5 - Zumzum (babygirl.gif )

1/9 - Keeping_the_hope

1/18 - Mrs T  (babygirl.gif )

1/21 - Seem14 (babyboy.gif )

1/22 - Kcs_girl

1/26 - Balance  (babyboy.gif )

1/30 - Firsttimeivfer  (babyboy.gif )

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#206 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:52 PM

So I hope everyone doing well and things are progressing and being managed when hiccups do arrive.

I can't remember when I last updated.  It seems a lot is happening now and time is running out.  The holiday busy season that is coming up doesn't help one bit in all the prep I feel I still have to do.

So I am now 31w2d.  The past couple of weeks have been very busy with appointments and life.  I am considered a high-risk pregnancy so I had to have consults with Neonatology and Anesthesia and I see an internal medicine doctor and my O.B. regularly.  I am at the hospital for my appointments every week now and I have an ultrasound about every 2 weeks.

We get to see the babe A LOT smile.png  I ain't complaining about that part.  Nor is there anything wrong with him.  All seems to be going well and everything that we know of so far with him is normal and textbook.

For me things are not going too bad I have just had a few bumps.  I started having debilitating hip pain at around 29 weeks.  I missed a couple days of work that week because even getting out of bed was hard.  I stayed home from work one day to rest and decided I'd get myself into the bath to soothe my hip.  Well DH was at work and I learned to never do that again because I struggled for 20 minutes to get myself out of the bath when I was done.  I started seeing physio last week and she said the heat from the tub was bad for my hip, relaxing it more and making it harder for me to move.  Next time I'll stay dry and use ice instead.

The only other thing that came up was at my 30 week appointment my blood pressure was a bit high (142/92) so my OB started me on labetalol.  All blood tests and urine came back normal so I am only dealing with a moderate high bp at this time not pre eclampsia.  Then last week after that I started to get horrible breast pain.  Mainly in the areola and nipple.  I mean like excruciating pain.  We happen to be at a public health breast feeding info session last Thursday and I asked the lactation consultant there and she said maybe it was my milk coming in.  The class showed us how to hand express so I tried that when I got home.  But all was dry.  It wasn't until last night that I thought to google a connection with the start of the medication and the breast pain.  Sure enough there is a rare % of people who have an adverse reaction to labetalol and it results in raynaud's phenomenon of the nipple (reduced blood flow).  What I read online about this was exactly what I have been experiencing.  I also have some pain in the tips of my fingers as well but the nipple pain was my focus and I thought about going to the hospital yesterday over  the pain.

This morning when I called the hospital high risk unit the doctor on today advised me to stop the medication.  I have an appointment tomorrow and will find out then what will happen to treat the bp if it is still present.

When I didn't know what was wrong it had me very distraught over the thought of breastfeeding with the painful nipples.  I am so happy to have figured it out and hope now that I stopped the medication the pain will go away as well.

For the hip pain, work has allowed me to work from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Those are now my two favourite days of the week.  smile.png

At my appointment last week I also asked my doctor if she plans to let me go in to labour naturally if all goes well.  Her response was, I will not let you go to 40 weeks.  Silly me I didn't ask any follow up questions so I don't know what her plan is.  I will try and find out if that means induction and if so when.

Also at my ultrasound last week the little babe was Frank Breech.  I am not too concerned as I know there is still plenty of time for him to turn.  If at my next ultrasound (32 weeks) he hasn't turned I may start to do some of the tricks to coax him to turn, even though I know that is still too early to ensure he stays head down.

At this point I am estimating that my little guy will arrive somewhere between Jan 5th and 20th.   I like to plan smile.png  But I am of course open to what he decides smile.png  Ideally I'd just like him to stay in until the new year and to be healthy when he arrives.

On a non clinical note.  smile.png

I have been getting very emotional lately.  We took a prenatal class over the weekend and any talk of baby arriving and talk of my husband holding him etc gets me teary eyed.  I watched a few youtube video births last week and I was a crying mess.

At my appointment last week when I was in the waiting room there were some family members waiting on a birth.  The Dad came in while I was there and announced 'it's a girl!'.  Well my tears started to stream down and I tried to discreetly turn my head and wipe my face so the room full of strangers didn't see me.  smile.png  Fun times!

It is getting very real.  I spent the past 6 years hoping for a baby, and then I have spent the majority of this pregnancy with a semi protective wall around me.  Like yes I know there is a baby inside me, but it hasn't been 100% real until now.  When it has to be real because he will be here before we know it.

My love for this little guy is starting to pour out of my eyes and I just can't imagine what it will be like to see him and hold him for the first time.

We have our baby shower this weekend.  I can't wait to see all my family and friends and celebrate the upcoming babe.  So exciting!

As usual I blabbed on.

I hope everyone is doing well.  I can't wait to hear of the arrival of the first of our little babes.  Best of luck to everyone as the date approaches.

• SunshineTTC and returnable like this

#207 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 05:29 PM

Update from yesterday.

I had my appointment today and my regular OB was away but the doctors on today say that my blood pressure isn't high enough to start any other meds.  Today it was 145/84.  They said to call in if it goes over 150/90.

Of the 2 nurses, 2 medical students and 2 doctors I saw today, none of them had heard of the adverse reaction I had to the labetalol before.  I am wondering what they would have said if I hadn't discovered the nipple pain reaction to this medication on my own.  Would they have let me continue to remain in pain.  Well I am sure glad that we have google at our finger tips these days because I don't think I could have lasted with that pain much longer.  It was starting to mess with my head.

I also got a bit of clarification on when they will induce me.  The doctor on today didn't say exactly when my doctor would induce but she thinks a safe bet is to plan for us to start inducing for the arrival of this little guy at either 37 or 38 weeks.  That means induction could start as early as Jan 7th.

I can't wait to get more answers at next weeks ultrasound and appointment.  :) 

• returnable likes this

#208 Zumzum

Zumzum
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 08:52 PM

Our baby arrived at 27.5 weeks. The princess and our surrogate are both doing fine.
What a journey, and what amount of love we have around us now.
Wishing you all an amazing Christmas and lots of luck to final meters!

#209 Zumzum

Zumzum
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 08:52 PM

I mean 37.5 weeks :-)
Sleepless nights are taking their toll...

#210 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:28 PM

Congrats Zumzum!!!!  I hope you are doing ok and getting some sleep.  Enjoy your little princess!!

#211 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:36 PM

How is everyone?  January is here!!!  The babies are all coming soon or arrived!!!

AFM - all is going well mostly.  I will be 37 weeks tomorrow and can't wait to meet our little guy.  He shown his stubborn and active personality during this pregnancy with his unwillingness to give us a decent ultrasound photo and his constant jabs.  In these last few weeks he has been throwing us for a loop with his turning too.

I get a lot of ultrasounds, more than most but here is what it has told me.  At 30 & 32 weeks babe was breech.  Then at 34 weeks he turned head down and I was so happy for this.  Then this week at my 36 week ultrasound on Monday he was breech again.  I was pretty sure he was based on where I was feeling the kicks but was hoping I was wrong.

So now I am schedule to have an ECV to try and turn him around this coming Tuesday.  I hear it can be painful and doesn't have a very high success rate but I am willing to give it a try.  I have also been doing the inversions and exercises on the spinning babies website.  We shall see what happens.

The doctors have told me that if they can turn him next week they will induce me once he is head down.  And if they are not successful then they will give him more time to turn on his own and if he does then they will induce me then.

Failing all that I assume it will be a c section.  I am anxious for Tuesday to see what happens and what my OB suggests.

On another note today is now my last day of work.  I was going to work until next Friday but with the potential of our little guy arriving next week I thought it best to move the date up a week.

We are also all prepared at home for him to arrive.  I have little things I can keep doing but if he came now we'd be all good.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!!  Can't wait to hear how you are all doing and hearing about your babies when they arrive!!

#212 keeping_the_hope

keeping_the_hope
  • 42 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM - Vancouver

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:33 AM

Not sure if anyone is still active on this thread but thought I would post a final update. After the bleeding stopped around 20 weeks I had a totally uneventful pregnancy. It did so much for my mental health to feel “normal”.

Anyway our baby BOY (we kept the sex of our baby a surprise) arrived Jan 8. We’re all doing amazing. Can’t beleive he’s coming up on 6 weeks old! Our embryologist said she was picking the cutest one and she sure did.

Hope all is well for all of you. Wishing you all the best!