211 replies to this topic

#176 Firsttimeivfer

Firsttimeivfer
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:29 PM

Congrats seem14 and zumzum! I had my NT scan today as well and everything looks good. Im exactly 12 weeks but measuring 12w2d with a heartbeat of 153 😊

I got the official ok to stop my PIO shots and estrace today which Im super excited about!! I ran out of my PIO with caster oil and wanted to use up the bottles with ethyl oleate the past week and my bum is so bruised, swollen and sore that I can barely walk!! I havent graduated from the clinic yet and have to go back again in 2 weeks to check in on the blood clot - good news is that it hasnt gotten any larger. Hope it will disappear by the next ultrasound!

Balance - hope your scans went well on Monday!
  • Balance likes this

4 IVF cycles, 5 PGS tested "normal" 6-day blasts, 1 FET cycle so far..

Cycle stats in my "about me" page!

#177 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:40 PM

Mrs.T  - So sorry to hear about the spotting.  I too have had some spotting or pink, brown and sometimes red when I wipe.  I have had it 5 times, the last time was 3 weeks ago.  My doctor wasn't concerned since it is so little but she did look at my cervix after the forth time and she found a polyp on my cervix.  She said that likely explains the source of the blood and that it is nothing to worry about at all.  I hope yours is gone and that maybe there is an explanation that is nothing to worry about like mine.

Zumzum - Congrats on your little girl!!  Congrats that the NIPT is all normal too!!!  I know what you mean about it not feeling real.  We have been trying for 6-7 years and this is our first pregnancy, it is surreal and hard to believe.

Seem - Congrats on your little boy!!!  Congrats that all your tests came back normal!!!

Firsttimeivf - I think I am showing a bit too.  But same as you I have gained some weight since last September with IVF and I am not sure how much that gain and how much is the baby.  I know some of it is baby now too but not how much!!  I feel like when I wear clothes that let it show, people probably think I am farther along than I am.  I can't wait for it to be unquestionable that I am pregnant!  smile.png

AFM - We had our 12 week NT scan on Monday.  It was great!!  I still didn't get a good picture of our little guy but it was so wonderful to see him again and this time he looked like a little baby!  He looked to almost be breakdancing and was moving around quite a bit.  Like he was doing "The Worm" on his back!  So cute.  And the ultrasound tech said he was sucking his thumb.  She gave us that picture, of him sucking his thumb.  I can see what she is probably talking about but I just have to take her word for it because I can't tell really.

Also he was now measuring 5 days ahead.  At my scan Monday, (based on the 7 week dating ultrasound) he would be 12w1d but he was measuring 12w6d.  My doctor said that is only a good sign that he is healthy.  I know at this stage our babes will start to all grow at different stages but it was nice to hear he is healthy smile.png

All was well with the NT scan and the neck or whatever they measure was 1.5mm so that came back well.  We did some 1st trimester blood work too but I am still waiting on those results.  We are optimistic all will come back ok though.  smile.png

Other than that things seem to be going well.  I have my next scan and OB appointment on August 14th when I will be in the 16th week.  I know I am having one between 18 & 20 weeks also so I guess there maybe 2 for me in August.  I am being followed as high risk due to a pre existing medical condition so I see my OB every 4 weeks and maybe because of that they are doing more scans too.  But I am not complaining at all since I will get to see my son smile.png  that many more times.

Have any of you started saying son or daughter yet?  I had to call my work health insurance this week to inquire about emergency health coverage for when we plan to be away in October (if all goes well) for my brothers wedding.  I was trying to find out if I happen to go into labour very early will my "son" be covered automatically on my plan.  The guy said yes your "son" will be covered and coverage begins on the day of birth.  All good to hear smile.png  But I got off the phone and was grinning from ear to ear.  It was the first time I had ever said my son.  smile.png  Also I sent my Mom the ultrasound photo the other day and I was talking her through downloading the picture from her email and she said, OK I am saving it as, "grandson".  It will be their first grandchild and it brought tears to my eye to hear her say her grandson.  

It is all getting so real!!!

• returnable likes this

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#178 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:42 PM

Firsttimeivfer - Glad to hear all went well with your NT scan!!  Stopping your meds is exciting too.  I stopped all mine this past weekend.

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#179 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:48 PM

January Due Dates  stork-baby.gifpreggo.gif 

1/5 - Zumzum (babygirl.gif )

1/9 - Keeping_the_hope

1/18 - Mrs T  (babygirl.gif )

1/21 - Seem14 (babyboy.gif )

1/22 - Kcs_girl

1/26 - Balance  (babyboy.gif )

1/30 - Firsttimeivfer  (babyboy.gif )

#180 Kcs_girl

Kcs_girl
  • 53 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:PCRM - Vancouver

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:37 PM

Congratulations everyone on all the healthy results and on finding out your little nuggets genders. 

I go the call about my NIPT, but the results were inconclusive due to Insufficient sample, so I had to go get the blood drawn again on Wednesday. If it goes on the same timeline as the last one I should finally find out results this coming Friday. Keep your crsd.gif crsd.gif  for me :) 

TTC: since May 2016

1st IVF cycle April 2018:
April 10th - started acupuncture

April 17th - AF arrived, cycle begins

April 19th - started injections (Gonal-F 300, Menopur 150, Fragmin 5000)

May 1st - ER: 14 eggs, 11 mature, 8 fertilized

May 6th - ET: 2 4AB blasts transferred ( 2 frozen )

May 13th - HPT - BFP!!!!!

May 15th - 1st Beta - 116!

May 17th - 2nd Beta - 241! Woohoo, we doubled!

June 5th - 7 wk u/s - 1 little jelly bean!! hr 127bpm

June 21st - 9 wk u/s - 22.1mm crl, and hr 187 heart.gif 

July 5th - 1st prenatal apt with OB

July 6th - Harmony blood test

August 1st - Results are all clear, and we're having a babyboy.gif Boy babyboy.gif 

Due Date January 22, 2019!!

zKUjm7.png

#181 Zumzum

Zumzum
  • 26 posts
  • My Clinic:La Jolla

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:19 PM

Hopefully everything went well Kcs-girl.

How is everyone else doing?

We are just waiting for the structural ultra. Almost a month to go, such a long time.

#182 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:23 AM

KC - Did you get your results from the second NIPT?  I hope all was good news and maybe you found out the gender.  :)

Zum - Isn't the waiting awful

AFM - Just hanging in here.  Not much new to report.  I have finally found a comfortable way to sleep which helps.  My fatigue from the first trimester is gone.  I am happy to be in the second trimester but I am having an increase in nausea and I feel sick a lot and have a lot of food aversions.  I am eating much less than ever before and just trying to get in some essential healthy things to make me not feel like I am providing enough for babe.

We head off on a road trip down east this weekend for 6 days.  We will be camping in a tent so I really hope that I can find a comfortable sleeping position on the air mattress.  I can't wait for all the seafood.  I love lobster, clams and scallops!  Can't wait and hope I can eat when I am there.

My next ultrasound is in 2 weeks on August 14th.  I will be 16 weeks.  Can't wait.  I am not feeling too much right now so I am really anxious to see the baby again.  Also getting excited and hopeful to feel the first movements.  I hope that starts soon.

Has anyone else felt baby move yet?

All the best to everyone!  Hope things are continuing to go well for you all.

• returnable likes this

#183 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • 44 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:14 PM

Balance - have fun camping we just got back from a 10 day camping trip however we have a trailer we bought a 3"foam for our mattress and it was the best decision! It was weird not to drink camping haha.
I am 16 weeks tomorrow and I swear I felt baby move. It was a different feeling I have never felt before.

Kcs - hope you got better results the next time around.

I spotted brown again for a couple of days on vacation. I am thinking this may be just something that is common with me now. My doctor doesn't seem concerned and my next ultra sound is not till September 10th at 21 weeks. such a long wait from 12 weeks to 21 weeks it stresses me out. However I have a full on bump so makes me feel better that she must be growing well.

I got my crib bedding today which may be early but I have had things pinned for the last couple of years that its hard not to BUY NOW! lol.
  • Balance likes this
diQHm6.png

#184 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:48 PM

Mrs T - I hope all is well and you have no more brown spotting.

It is very quiet on this board.  How is everyone doing?

AFM - back from camping and happy to say that went well.  We had very full days though and even though my fatigue is gone I was begging for my air mattress and the tent once the evening rolled around.

I also had another scan this week at 16 weeks.  I didn't hear very much from the doctors except that things seemed good.  The ultrasound tech was one in training so it was a long ultrasound and she talked to us through it which was good.  She said baby was head down and lying on my bladder (perhaps why I had to pee 4 times in the hour before the appointment).

The doctor did tell me the baby is measuring big (we expect him to be tall so not a shock to us) but because of this they are sending me for the glucose test early.  And I will likely have to do it twice.  Fun times.  I plan to go and take this test tomorrow.

The day after my ultrasound the doctor called me and said they didn't get a good look at the spine on the ultrasound so they are sending me for a blood test to see if there may be any spinal issues.  I was a bit worried at first when she called to tell me this but I think she is just being extra cautious.

I go back for my next ultrasound and appointment on September 11th and I will get the results of all the blood tests then.

I think I am also started to feel the first few movements from my little one.  Although I am not sure if I am correct.  I am very anxious to feel something or know for sure that I am feeling him.

I had felt nothing before the ultrasound in that I wasn't feeling pregnant (despite a little pregnant belly) so I was very relieved to immediately see the heartbeat when the ultrasound started and calmed down right away after that.

Would love to hear how everyone else is doing?

• returnable likes this

#185 keeping_the_hope

keeping_the_hope
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 12:37 AM

Ive been lying low. 19 weeks now. Really looking forward to the anatomy scan next week. We are not finding out the sex. I think the only one on this thread who isnt.

I ended up in the ER at 13 weeks due to significant blood and fluid loss. It was too upsetting to even post about. Turns out I have a cervical ectropion which is a benign overgrowth of internal cervical tissue that bleeds at random. Not affecting babe but does mean I had significant spotting for 5 weeks straight. Its been a really rough time. Every pain, every ache, every feeling has been filled with doubt. An at home Doppler has been my greatest ally in easing my anxiety. Im feeling better now and am very much pregnant so hoping for an easy scan next week and a more restful completion of the second trimester.

#186 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:49 PM

Keeping - Thank you for sharing.  I am so sorry you are having to experience this.  It must have been awful for you the whole time but I am sure the most prior to diagnosis.  At 13 weeks to have that happened must have just crushed you and for spotting to continue for so long.  You must always be questioning.  I am happy to hear that it is not affecting baby at all.

Good luck with your anatomy scan it will give you that added bit of reassurance to see baby.   Hugs and wishing you no more awful surprises this pregnancy.

When/if you are reading to share more in the future, share what you are comfortable with and we will be here for you.

#187 Kcs_girl

Kcs_girl
  • 53 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:58 PM

Wow Keeping, that's so scary, I'm so sorry you had to go through that! 

I've been MIA mostly because it's been crazy busy at work and I was away on vacation for a week to visit my family on PEI 542.gif  so much good food we had lobster and all the seafoods too Balance lol!

I did finally get the results from the 2nd NIPT test on the 1st, turns out my clinic doesn't call unless something's wrong. So of course I was waiting almost an extra week that I didn't have to dry.png But the tests came back all clear YAY! and we're having a babyboy.gif BOYbabyboy.gif .

Hubby is so happy, since he's been by my side the whole time there haven't exactly been any surprises for us, so I made sure to deliver this news the best way I could think of. I stopped on my way home from work and picked up an adorable little boy outfit that says "handsome little fella" on it and wrapped it up and gave it to him. He was so happy he cried wub.png  and he's been mulling over how to tell his family ever since. I've told all mine when we took our trip home and we went to a party with most of our friends last weekend and brought gender reveal cupcakes for that, but his family doesn't know yet. He wants to tell them all at once but there's no family gatherings scheduled for the next few weeks. I told him he's going to have to ask his parents to organize one so that we can hurry up and tell them before I spill the beans by accident on facebook (or one of my relatives does).

• Balance likes this

TTC: since May 2016

1st IVF cycle April 2018:
April 10th - started acupuncture

April 17th - AF arrived, cycle begins

April 19th - started injections (Gonal-F 300, Menopur 150, Fragmin 5000)

May 1st - ER: 14 eggs, 11 mature, 8 fertilized

May 6th - ET: 2 4AB blasts transferred ( 2 frozen )

May 13th - HPT - BFP!!!!!

May 15th - 1st Beta - 116!

May 17th - 2nd Beta - 241! Woohoo, we doubled!

June 5th - 7 wk u/s - 1 little jelly bean!! hr 127bpm

June 21st - 9 wk u/s - 22.1mm crl, and hr 187 heart.gif 

July 5th - 1st prenatal apt with OB

July 6th - Harmony blood test

August 1st - Results are all clear, and we're having a babyboy.gif Boy babyboy.gif 

Due Date January 22, 2019!!

zKUjm7.png

#188 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:59 AM

Look at all the boys!!  :)

January Due Dates  stork-baby.gifpreggo.gif 

1/5 - Zumzum (babygirl.gif )

1/9 - Keeping_the_hope  ( stork-baby.gif  )

1/18 - Mrs T  (babygirl.gif )

1/21 - Seem14 (babyboy.gif )

1/22 - Kcs_girl  (babyboy.gif 

1/26 - Balance  (babyboy.gif )

1/30 - Firsttimeivfer  (babyboy.gif )

#189 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:01 AM

Congrats KCs!!  Great to hear your tests came back clear and that you found out you are having a little boy!!  So exciting!

• Kcs_girl likes this

#190 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility Clinic

Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:41 AM

Balance - thank you for updating the list! Looks like the boys are dominating this thread!!!  :)  I've just been lurking and reading other posts.  Our thread had been quiet, but so nice to hear from some of you ladies!  

Keeping - fx cross that your bleeding stops! I have the home doppler as well which my cousin gave to me and it does give you that extra reassurance! I was super excited when I finally found the HB at 16 wks.  Now, it's a lot easier to find eh?

Kc - good luck on the reveal for your hubby's side of family! that's all so exciting and I hope fb hasn't ruined this for you! 

AFM: I am 18wk 3d and still has not felt anything.  I'm very much looking forward to the anatomy scan on Sept 5th, and just can't wait to see the bub!  Being first time mom, I honestly don't even know what I should be looking for... I feel some twinges here and there but I don't really get excited over it coz it just feels just like normal rumblings in my belly! lol my cousin said "you'll just know it's the baby"... well, safe to say I really don't. Anyone feeling their babes move yet??  How does it feel in the beginning???  

Hope everyone is enjoying their pregnancy!!! 

#191 Zumzum

Zumzum
  • 26 posts
  • My Clinic:La Jolla

Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:07 AM

Anatomy scan done! All seems ok.
We are happy and relieved.
I am bit concerned that somehow our surrogate is less optimistic than earlier. We are a bit professional in our relationship so I am not pushing her to over-update us. Hopefully she is just busy or tired.

#192 keeping_the_hope

keeping_the_hope
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:37 AM

Congrats on great test results kcs_girl! Your husband seems just the loveliest!

Seem - I love hearing the heartbeat. I didnt use the doppler until 15 weeks because I didnt want to deal with the stress of not finding it.

As for movements I started feeling twinges or tickles or rumblings around 18 weeks same as you. I suspected it was babe but couldnt say for sure. Made me feel a little nauseated if Im being honest. At 20 weeks I felt definite movements while lying still in bed listening to music. So hang in there. You will know for sure. But yes there is a period of wondering what youre feeling. Also depending on placenta position it can be up to 22-23 weeks before you know for sure. Dont stress. Everyone is different.

Zumzum - yay for a great scan. Mine is this weekend. I dont think what your surrogate is feeling or how youre interpreting her words is anything to be concerned about. If I was in her position in the beginning I would be so thrilled that the embryo took and that the pregnancy made it to 13 weeks. But at 20 weeks shes in the slog of pregnancy and shes confident the pregnancy will continue so theres less need for overt optimism. I dont think it has anything to do with your babe at all.

I know how stressed I feel not knowing whats going on in my own body. I can only imagine the anxiety of relying on someone else to give you updates of something so precious. Youve been down a tough road and are entitled to whatever feelings/worries/anxieties you have. Do you get any updates from your surrogate? Can you ask for once a week updates at least? Maybe on the weekaversaries? Hows shes feeling? Movements? I get how even once a week would not feel like enough. Hang in there.

#193 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility Clinic

Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:11 PM

Zumzum - I agree with keeping, I think now your surro is reassured everything is good and perhaps doesn't say a whole lot coz things are going well. Maybe she feels it would be too much or unnecessary to tell you every single details since it sounds like your relationship with surro is completely professional and she wants to keep it that way too.... perhaps.... BUT celebrate this now coz we are half way thru and you'd be able to have your dream baby soon!!!

Keeping - yes!!! The doppler is awesome! I'm actually leavinng tomorrow to go camping and maybe catch some fish for a week with my hubby and some of our friends! And I might take it with me lol .... I can't wait! I've not done a whole lot this summer... I was supposed to go away for two weeks but I felt it's too much being prego. As far as movements, well c'est la vie.... I'm sure I will feel him one day! I've also got an anterior placenta so you're prob right, it's gonna take me a while til I feel my little bugger! :)

#194 keeping_the_hope

keeping_the_hope
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:24 AM

Definitely take it with you! I found there was something about sleeping not at home that made me want to check more. And maybe youll have such a great time youll forget all about it. Enjoy!

#195 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:29 AM

I thought I was behind keeping up on the board but I guess we all are lol. I hope everyone is doing good and that why its so quite :)

Anyone feel kicks yet? I think I have, every week I feel its becoming more apparent that what those feelings are.

I had my scan on Monday and little one was so active that I think the tech was getting really annoyed. My doctor said I need to go back in in a month cause they couldn't get good measurements on everything but if there was something major wrong they would of seen it. One thing she said she couldn't get measurement of was how far the placenta was from the cervix. I feel if it was a big concern they would have me in sooner.

Has any one bought a crib and dresser yet? I finding it hard to find one. Delivery time on some are so long!!
diQHm6.png

#196 keeping_the_hope

keeping_the_hope
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:52 AM

Good to hear from you Mrs T! So glad your scan went well. Mine did as well. No need to worry about your placenta. It needs to be a certain distance from the cervix for a safe vaginal delivery but placenta location moves with the expanding uterus. So checking that distance in a month is totally fine. I think you should celebrate that you get an extra look at your babe. After 20 weeks most people are done with scans.

Im feeling movements but theyre not super strong. I learned at my scan I have an anterior placenta so that can limit feeling in the beginning.

I was given a crib so I have that and its set up. I think we will get a regular IKEA dresser and put one of the non slip plastic type changing pads on top. Im not interested in continually washing changing pad covers or in having a piece of furniture that loses its purpose.

Its the stroller car seat combo that Im having a hard time making a decision about.

#197 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:22 AM

Keeping the hope - Glad to hear your scan went well to. I cant believe we are over the half way point now!!!

We just bought a Britax car seat were going to buy the city select lux stroller. We want a stroller that can add on another seat because we are hoping to give it another go after this ones born. However on September 20th Uppa baby will be 15% which will bring the price down closer to the city select price so we may go for that even though the Britax is not compatible with the uppa baby. My husband says shopping for a stroller is harder than shopping for a car haha
diQHm6.png

#198 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:42 AM

Hi Everyone,

Hope all are doing well.  It has been a while since I sent an update.  I am now 22w6d and things are going well.  I had my 6th ultrasound this week and my doctor said things are looking good.  This ultrasound was a follow up from my anatomy scan where they still had things they couldn't see so they scheduled this one.  Well they are still missing some things because my little guy is moving so much during the scan.  I go back for another scan on Oct 16th.

We travel next week to Las Vegas for my brother's wedding.  My doctor gave me the all clear and said my cervix is long and closed.

Things are starting to get real for sure.  I have a very noticeable bump now and I feel my little guy kick everyday.  I started feeling undeniable kicks around 21w3d, a bit later than some but before that I just wasn't sure.

Mrs. T - We bought the Uppa Baby Vista stroller last week during the sale.

We also have done a lot of baby prep in September.  My husband painted the baby's room and the hallway in our house.  One of the spare rooms was all cleared out and now it is clearly a baby's room.  Last weekend we, or really my husband put together all our baby furniture so we now have a crib, change table and dresser set up in his room.  That was a good task for a weekend without power.  We went the whole weekend without any electricity because we are in Ottawa where 6 tornadoes touched down last weekend.  What a crazy weekend.  We were among the lucky ones though since our only issue was loss of power.  We had no damage.

Things seem to be getting there.

My friends are planning my baby shower and it is planned for December 1st.  A bit late but it was so hard finding a time that worked for everyone.

This week I also started on my Mat leave paperwork and my last day of work will be January 11th.  So crazy to think that when we come back from vacation I will have less than 3 months of work left, if I make it that long that is.  :)

Well I hope you lovely ladies are all doing awesome and enjoying the countdown like I am.

• returnable likes this

#199 Firsttimeivfer

Firsttimeivfer
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:05 PM

Hi hope everyone is doing well. The board's been pretty quiet - hopefully that's a good sign! AFM - I came down with a mild cold last week and I felt like I was almost fully recovered by the weekend, but I woke up on Thanksgiving feeling like I was hit by a bus. Had a temperature of 39.3 and was shivering uncontrollably and couldn't keep anything down - honestly I had never felt that sick before in my life, but we thought it was just the flu and my body was just overreacting because of the baby. I had a scheduled OB appointment the next day so we decided not to go to the ER, but my OB sent me to the ER for testing anyway since the baby had an elevated heart rate of 175 (160 was the upper range) and mine was really high too at 135. 8 hours in the ER later, confirmed that I have pneumonia :( Baby looks to be doing fine, but I had to do an x-ray to confirm the pneumonia which makes me nervous. I'll have to go back for another x-ray once I'm done my cocktail of antibiotics to make sure the infection is gone. Hoping the little bun in my oven is doing okay! I'm starting to feel him move around more but it's not consistent nor often so it makes me super anxious :( Apparently a simple cough can turn into pneumonia when your immune system is down so please be careful ladies! 

Balance - hope you had a good time at the wedding! I also bought a uppababy vista during the sale a few weeks ago, I can't wait to use it!

Mrs T - did you end up getting the uppababy too? It was an easy choice for us - both my sister in laws have it, and they love it! I didn't even consider a different one.

Keeping_the_hope/seem14 - I also have an anterior placenta...it was driving me crazy not being able to feel the baby move! When I was in the prenatal unit in the ER, they were listening to the baby's heart beat and kept telling me that he's moving around but I couldn't feel a thing! I felt a few strong kicks after eating chocolate fudge once (and my husband was able to feel it too, so exciting!) but otherwise it's just a few movements here and there and I'm 24 weeks today. The doc at the ER was telling me I should be counting 8 kicks every 2 hours...and I'm like, I don't think I even feel him 8 times a day!

zumzum - hope everything is working out with the surro!

4 IVF cycles, 5 PGS tested "normal" 6-day blasts, 1 FET cycle so far..

Cycle stats in my "about me" page!

#200 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:28 PM

Hi all!!

Things are going well with me.  I had my 7th ultrasound yesterday.  (my OB does an ultrasound with each appointment).  I don't mind  ;)  Everything went well yesterday.  Baby was moving less than normal and that helped the tech see more of things that were missed in the past.  It was nice to see how big baby is getting.  I saw him yawn, and a clear picture of his left little hand.  At one point he was holding one of his feet with his left hand up near his head.  It was all so precious and I loved being able to see him yesterday.

I go back in 3 weeks for my next Ultrasound and OB appointment.  A couple days before that one though we are doing a 3D ultrasound.  I can't wait for that one.  eekk!  :)

We are back from our vacation.  My brother is married!  All went well and I am happy to be home and to have the trip behind me.

Doesn't everyone feel like things are moving so quickly now.  As of today my counter says I have 100 days left!  Wow...those will go by fast I am sure.

We have most things we absolutely need for baby now.  So I almost feel ready for him to arrive.  We still have to have our shower so there are more things we will get....but the main necessities are done with.  Of course there are things I can do to make life easier too after...I plan to do some freezer meal prep starting in November and December.

I am quite lucky that my friend has 3 boys and is done having kids so she has been passing me all their clothes.  I got 10 big boxes full from her on the weekend and more to come once her youngest son grows out of stuff.  :)  That sure helps.

Firsttime - Pneumonia wow!! I hope you are feeling better!  Take care of yourself.  I have been lucky so far and I haven't gotten sick.  I usually get at least one bad cold each winter.  Although I think I was spared last year so I hope that happens again this year.

I feel kicks everyday but DH still hasn't been able to feel any.  I know he really wants to feel them too so I hope that part comes soon.

I am also started to get very tired again.  I am sleeping well but I am having so much trouble getting up in the morning and I feel I am dragging all day at work.

Hope all you other ladies are doing well.  We are getting there :)