211 replies to this topic

#151 36andwantbabynumber2

36andwantbabynumber2
  • Global 100+
  • 207 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:06 PM

@ Mrs T

Wow you were so lucky to get that many eggs to freeze. I only had one make it to day 3 but luckily it worked!!!!!

#152 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • 44 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:58 AM

36andwantbabynumber2 - Thanks I know we were super lucky. was very painful experience during and getting OHSS was the worst ever but it was worth it. I am so happy your one worked!!

I had my 10.5 week ultrasound last week. Wow it is crazy what 3 weeks make. Little bean had legs that were crossed and was waving its arms around like crazy. Measuring the same as last time a day behind but that's still bang on and its heart rate was 174! That was my last appointment with my fertility doctor, I cried. I have such a good relationship with her and all the nurses there. Now I wait till 14 weeks to see my OB. oh and I took the harmony test so again get to wait for the results and gender results! 11 weeks 4 days today and feeling good lately except still get crazy migraines.

I am glad to hear everyone is progressing and growing!!
diQHm6.png

#153 keeping_the_hope

keeping_the_hope
  • 42 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:PCRM - Vancouver

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:40 PM

Hey Everyone - Im 13 weeks today and heard the heart beat at the midwives today so I hope this will begin the process of relaxing and enjoying. My midwife couldnt find the heart beat last week and while thats totally normal for only 12 weeks it caused me some stress. Im sooooo relieved today.

What is everyones due date? Im due Jan 9. Am I the earliest one on the board?

#154 Zumzum

Zumzum
  • 26 posts
  • My Clinic:La Jolla

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:11 PM

Congrats for graduation MrsT, good progress!

Keeping the Hope - our due date is Jan 5th. We had NT ultra, waiting for the results. Hopefully all is ok. You always wait for the next action amd you say to yourself that after that I will be more trusting, and then the worry starts again...again... :-)

#155 Zumzum

Zumzum
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:13 PM

How are you others regarding buying baby stuff? I just got a first baby jumpsuite. Nothing else so far. I thought to wait until after around week 20 when the structural ultra results are out.

#156 DQC

DQC
  • Global 100+
  • 376 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:The Montreal Fertility Centre

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:35 PM

Hey Everyone - Im 13 weeks today and heard the heart beat at the midwives today so I hope this will begin the process of relaxing and enjoying. My midwife couldnt find the heart beat last week and while thats totally normal for only 12 weeks it caused me some stress. Im sooooo relieved today.

What is everyones due date? Im due Jan 9. Am I the earliest one on the board?

I was due the same day ☹️
Congrats to all of you who have reached the second trimester!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

#157 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility Clinic

Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:30 PM

Keeping the hope - I'm due Jan 21. My NIPT is scheduled for Jul 11th and NT scan on the 17th. Just fx everything is good. A little nerve wracking, but what isn't or hasn't been in this whole IF journey!

DQC - I've been in that situation too. Never easy, but don't lose hope. How are you doing these days btw?

AFM: so funny I met for dinner with two of my GF's separately and at different times. Both gave me a book called "what to expect when expecting" one is 4th edition, the other is 5th edition. Lol it was pretty sweet!

#158 keeping_the_hope

keeping_the_hope
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:29 PM

My heart breaks for your loss DQC.

#159 Firsttimeivfer

Firsttimeivfer
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:33 AM

Had my 10 week ultrasound yesterday. My little bean is measuring on track, but they found a blood clot right underneath him. I'm now on bed rest for the next two weeks until my 12 week sono and NT scan on the 18th. Just when I thought I can relax a bit and enjoy the pregnancy, I'm back to being a nervous wreck! 

I read that sleeping on your left side is best for the baby. I'm a back sleeper and I've been practicing sleeping on my side for the past couple of nights. It's so hard when you're not used to it! I haven't been able to fall asleep on my side just yet - hoping practice makes perfect though!! 

My due date is Jan 30th. It's going to be a long seven month wait! 

4 IVF cycles, 5 PGS tested "normal" 6-day blasts, 1 FET cycle so far..

Cycle stats in my "about me" page!

#160 Firsttimeivfer

Firsttimeivfer
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:50 AM

Seem14: good luck on your NIPT! which one will you be doing? and let me know if the books are useful, I was thinking of downloading it to my Kindle!

I'm sorry for your loss DQC :( I hope you're doing okay.

zumzum - I've seen some really good deals on strollers and other baby stuff lately, but I've been holding off buying anything so far - I don't want to jinx it until I'm comfortably in my second trimester. I'm super excited about decorating the baby room though! 

#161 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 339 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:59 AM

Seem - I am working my way through "what to expect when you are expecting"  I got it from the library.  Along with every pregnancy book they had, on the day I did my first hpt.  I have been so tired it is taking me a while to get through the books.  But this past week I have read more than I did in all previous weeks combined.

Firsttime - Sorry to hear about the clot.  Take it easy and rest to take care of your little one.  I also heard you should sleep on your left side and I toss and move around quite a bit at night so I have been finding it hard to keep in a good position.  But a friend lent me a snoogle and I am using it at the moment behind me when I sleep on my left side to discourage movement to other positions.  Later on I may need a second one to support my front smile.png  we'll see.

AFM- my due date is Jan 26th and my next ultrasound and OB appointment is July 16th for our NT scan.  I am anxious for that scan in hopes the little guy looks more like a real baby.  I really want that nice ultrasound picture.  I bought a frame to put it in.

Also I have been starting to buy stuff.  I know it is still very early.  But if I find a good deal or see something I really like I try and hold off but have a few things now.  We bought a car seat from babies r us a few weeks ago because with a price match and a coupon we got an amazing deal.  And the lady told us we can return it if unopened up to 6 months after my due date.  So if we find something better we can and it seemed like a no brainer.  Then I bought one really cute outfit, a striped shirt and overalls.  I couldn't resit it.  I wanted to buy more but DH stopped me.  Then last night I caved and bought diapers!!  smile.png  We are going to use cloth and I bought some off someone on Facebook.  It just seemed like such a good deal and she had only used them for one child.  They are all gender neutral and I just love a good deal.  Also we registered to get a baby box and we pick that up next weekend.  smile.png  I had to confess it all here because some of my friends think it is too early for me to be buying things.  But I am mostly only getting small essentials and things that are free (also got a free baby swing from someone on facebook) and some children's books (also free).

I really want to spread out the spending so I feel it is justified and we haven't spent much so far.

We will be ready for the babe when he arrives for sure.

I also justify all the prep I am doing when people accuse me of not having patience with, "I have been patient for 6 years" now is the time I was waiting for!!!

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#162 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:35 PM

Hi All!  I thought I would start a due date list.  If I have missed anyone please post your due date and I can add you in.  Or if anyone wants to post an update please do.  I know some other due date threads have kept a list of next appt or ultrasounds but I don't think I can keep up with that so this is what I have so far.

Again sorry if I have missed someone (I only went back two pages) or I wasn't sure of your due date.  Please just let us know and it can be updated.

January Due Dates  stork-baby.gifpreggo.gif 

1/5 - Zumzum

1/9 - Keeping_the_hope

1/18 - Mrs T

1/21 - Seem14

1/? - Kcs_girl

1/26 - Balance (babyboy.gif )

1/30 - Firsttimeivfer (babyboy.gif )

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#163 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:42 PM

Firsttime - not really sure if sleeping on your sides really matters now, but I can see how it would comes the later weeks.  However, you prob do need the time to practice now if you're a back sleeper.  I'm a side sleeper so this isn't too much of a big deal for me.  My cousin who recently had a baby, recommended me a pregnancy pillow and she swears by this!  I may look into it once I start feeling uncomfortable, for now I'm ok.  I'm doing the Harmony with my current clinic.  I know lifelabs has panorama, but I'm just so used to my clinic so I opted to do it there.  But yea, the book is pretty neat.  It literally has everything you can think of.  You should read it!  By the way, that's sooooo cool you seen your bean recently and hopefully the clot isn't giving you too much trouble! I'm starting to miss mine and can't wait to see bean again during my NT scan on the 17th! 

Balance - thanks for the list! I'm surprised there's not many of us... ah well.... and love that you're shopping now!!! I think it's smart, get the deals early on and such... I'm not doing any of that just yet.  We've got friends eager to give us their baby stuff, but for now I can't since we don't know what we're having.  I'll find out after my NIPT result or NT scan, whichever result comes first!  

AFM: trying to be patient waiting to complete this two tests coming up! I got my NIPT on the 11th and NT scan on the 17th.... I'm also trying to think positive and not get too anxious about the screening... it really is kind of intimidating.  We didn't get our embbies tested so we're basically relying on this tests! Crossing my fingers and toes and everything else I can cross that all is good, and we can now enjoy every bit of this pregnancy!!!

#164 Firsttimeivfer

Firsttimeivfer
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:21 PM

Seem14 - Good luck on your NIPT today!

I did mine last week (doc suggested Verifi) and Im anixously waiting for the results. They said it should take a week, and it will be exactly a week tomorrow.

#165 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:28 PM

Thanks firsttime!!!!! Did it this morning and trying not to overthink it!!!! :) just gonna sit and wait for the result! Next stop, NT scan.... I am looking forward to seeing the bub again more than anything!!! What's verifi? I assumed you did PGS! I can't wait to hear about your results!!! Keep us all posted!!! :)

#166 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:49 PM

Sorry I been MIA.

Balance -Thanks for doing the list! My due date is January 18th.

Firttime - sorry to hear about your clot hope all is well soon. I feel like we thought going through all this infertility stuff was bad being pregnant is just as stressful.

Zumzum - I haven't bought much but my best friend and cousin are both done having babies so I have a ton of hand me downs coming my way so I am going to wait to see what they give me before I start buying.

So two weeks ago we did the harmony test so I have been waiting on pins and needles. Finally got the call today and everything came back great!!! So I am so excited to breath and enjoy this pregnancy finally. Also we found out we are having a GIRL!!!
diQHm6.png

#167 Kcs_girl

Kcs_girl
  • 53 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

Hey Balance, my due date is January 22nd. We haven't started buying anything yet but we've had some offers from friends to donate some things, one just had their 2nd so they've invested in a double stroller and has offered us their old one, pretty excited for that. I've been poking around and looking at starting a registry though, that way I get to shop without actually buying anything yet. 

Firsttime - I've had pretty bad heartburn for the past few years, and I've always been a stomach sleeper, but they say sleeping on your left side is best for reducing heartburn as well, I had a tough time making the change but now that I have I sleep almost all night on my left side. I did have to prop myself up with pillows in front and behind to get used to it though. Good luck!

AFM - I had my physical checkup this morning, and we did the Harmony test last Friday so we're just waiting for the results to come back, but my DR is going on holidays tomorrow to South America for 3 weeks so I'm hoping I'll be able to get the information from the clinic while she's gone ( I really don't want to have to wait another 3 weeks to get the results!! ). Oh and I had told DH that he didn't have to go to this appointment because it was just going to be a physical examination, (he gets a little squeamish when they do internal exams, even the transfer kind of gave him the heebies.) So when the dr wanted to use the doppler I had to stop her. He'd have been so upset to find out that I'd heard the heartbeat for the first time without him.... so now with the dr's vacation and ours coming up the week after it'll be another 5 weeks before we get to hear the heartbeat for the first time cry.gif and since we opted for NIPT we won't be doing the NT ultrasound, so the next time we'll get to see the baby won't be until the 18-20 week ultrasound. icon_speech_sigh.gif

TTC: since May 2016

1st IVF cycle April 2018:
April 10th - started acupuncture

April 17th - AF arrived, cycle begins

April 19th - started injections (Gonal-F 300, Menopur 150, Fragmin 5000)

May 1st - ER: 14 eggs, 11 mature, 8 fertilized

May 6th - ET: 2 4AB blasts transferred ( 2 frozen )

May 13th - HPT - BFP!!!!!

May 15th - 1st Beta - 116!

May 17th - 2nd Beta - 241! Woohoo, we doubled!

June 5th - 7 wk u/s - 1 little jelly bean!! hr 127bpm

June 21st - 9 wk u/s - 22.1mm crl, and hr 187 heart.gif 

July 5th - 1st prenatal apt with OB

July 6th - Harmony blood test

August 1st - Results are all clear, and we're having a babyboy.gif Boy babyboy.gif 

Due Date January 22, 2019!!

zKUjm7.png

#168 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:45 AM

January Due Dates  stork-baby.gifpreggo.gif 

1/5 - Zumzum

1/9 - Keeping_the_hope

1/18 - Mrs T  (babygirl.gif )

1/21 - Seem14

1/22 - Kcs_girl

1/26 - Balance  (babyboy.gif )

1/30 - Firsttimeivfer  (babyboy.gif )

#169 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:57 AM

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!  :)

Seem14 - Fingers crossed your NIPT results come back fast!  Good luck with your NT scan next week!

Firsttimeivf - Good luck on your NIPT results too.  We decided not to do any NIPT because we had PGS done and got the gender that way (thanks to you !  :)

Mrs. T - Congrats on finding out you are having a little GIRL!!!!  SO exciting.  And also that all your NIPT all came back great!

Kcs_girl - I hope you don't have to wait too long for your Harmony results!!  Too bad you didn't get to hear the heartbeat. It was thoughtful of you to stop the doctor from doing it.  It is so hard waiting in between updates on the little ones.  Can you still ask for the NT?

AFM - all is going well.  I am having trouble sleeping at least once week with pain in my back or ribs.  I have never had back pain or anything like this before so I assume it is the pregnancy.  Other than that I feel good.  Some of my fatigue is fading but not entirely gone.  I am exciting to see my little guy again as we will be doing our NT scan this coming Monday the 16th.

• returnable likes this

#170 Firsttimeivfer

Firsttimeivfer
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:11 PM

Finally got my NIPT results today and everything looks good :) was getting a bit worried since the doc said it should take a week and it took slightly longer for them to call with the results. Also confirmed that baby is a boy. I did PGS testing but the doc suggested doing the NIPT too in case the PGS testing missed something.

Next hurdle is the sono and NT test on Wednesday, and seeing if the blood clot has subsided. Im getting a paranoid though as most of my pregnancy symptoms disappeared this week - boobs stopped hurting and my extreme hunger disappeared. Really hope my little bean is doing fine in there...hate that Im not doing weekly ultrasounds anymore!

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well!!

#171 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:23 PM

Ugh.. I started to spot brown a couple days ago and still am. We went to the clinic to see if everything is alright and they can't find any reason that caused this. Everything is looking good and she is measuring to date and heartbeat is 147. Just mild cramping here and there and my hips really hurt.

Firsttimer- All my symptoms disappeared too. Kind of stressed me out as well. Hope all goes well next week.
diQHm6.png

#172 Firsttimeivfer

Firsttimeivfer
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:20 AM

Sorry about the spotting Mrs T. I hope its just old blood from previous cycles or something - its a good sign that they didnt find anything at the clinic! When are you due back at the clinic again?

Ive given up sleeping on my side for now. I cant fall asleep at all even with a maturity pillow my sister gave me. Just hoping for the best when the time comes!

Are any of you ladies showing yet? My tummy is HUGE but only from weight gain and bloating. I went through 4 ivf cycles in the past 8 months and I gained weight during each cycle and I havent been able to lose any of it. My hubby keeps rubbing my tummy talking to the baby and I dont have the heart to tell him that its only my food baby 😂

#173 Zumzum

Zumzum
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:10 AM

We got results from NITP and NT. Its a girl! We were sure it was a boy but girl it is and that is absolutely fine.
In NT everything was normal, so the next step for us is the 2nd trimester structural ultra on week 20.
This is all so amazing, it really starts to feel true now! After 8 years of trying it is a bit hard to believe at times :-)
  • Balance likes this

#174 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

Zumzum - that's sooooo exciting!!! I know what you mean about "starting to feel real now" ... congratulations with your girl!!!!

I, too, just received a call from my clinic today re: my NIPT and had my NT scan done yesterday. Both tests are normal and we are having a baby boy!!!! Finally it's not just a dream anymore, its really happening!!!!

How is everyone else doing?
  • Balance likes this

#175 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:48 AM

Firsttimeivfer - I think for me I started about couple of weeks ago.... luckily tho I wear scrubs at work so no one can tell but in my regular clothes I got a sweet little bump.... the first few weeks I thought I was "showing", but like u said it was mostly from bloating from all the meds! But since being off it now for a while, for sure it's the bub!
  • Balance likes this