211 replies to this topic

#126 Firsttimeivfer

Firsttimeivfer
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

And congrats seem and balance for being able to stop the progesterone! Im already walking like a pregnant lady but only because my backside is so sore from all the shots I basically have to waddle!

Is anyone getting super itchy? My tummy and chest is fine (where the internet suggests I should be itchy), but I cant stop scratching everywhere else - back, neck, hands. I know some boards say we should expect mild itchiness from the increase blood flow, but Im scratching like a monkey! Not a pleasant sight especially at the office!

4 IVF cycles, 5 PGS tested "normal" 6-day blasts, 1 FET cycle so far..

Cycle stats in my "about me" page!

#127 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:33 AM

Why doesnt your doc want you to travel balance? I was planning a trip to the Bahamas in September and didnt even think to ask my doc because I always thought it was safe to travel when pregnant!

She just said she has had many horror stories with patients who have delivered early.  She said it is expensive and sometimes hard to get home.

I have googled this a lot.  I guess it really only matters once the baby would be viable if you went into labour.  Since we can get travel medical insurance for ourselves but you can't get it for an unborn child.  So if the baby was born early and you deliver somewhere and that hospital is able to deliver premie care then it can get expensive for the parents.

I don't think it was anything to do with my health or babies at this point just the logistics of it.  And she did say let's talk when it gets closer and you want to book.  Or if we book she encouraged us to get cancellation insurance in case something comes up.

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#128 Kcs_girl

Kcs_girl
  • 53 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:PCRM - Vancouver

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:44 AM

I'm planning on travelling to PEI in August (I live in Vancouver now but I'm from PEI) to visit my family. I haven't asked my Dr about it but I'll only be 16 weeks ish at the time, I was under the impression that as long as you weren't getting really close to the due date that it was fine to fly. 

TTC: since May 2016

1st IVF cycle April 2018:
April 10th - started acupuncture

April 17th - AF arrived, cycle begins

April 19th - started injections (Gonal-F 300, Menopur 150, Fragmin 5000)

May 1st - ER: 14 eggs, 11 mature, 8 fertilized

May 6th - ET: 2 4AB blasts transferred ( 2 frozen )

May 13th - HPT - BFP!!!!!

May 15th - 1st Beta - 116!

May 17th - 2nd Beta - 241! Woohoo, we doubled!

June 5th - 7 wk u/s - 1 little jelly bean!! hr 127bpm

June 21st - 9 wk u/s - 22.1mm crl, and hr 187 heart.gif 

July 5th - 1st prenatal apt with OB

July 6th - Harmony blood test

August 1st - Results are all clear, and we're having a babyboy.gif Boy babyboy.gif 

Due Date January 22, 2019!!

zKUjm7.png

#129 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:15 PM

I'm planning on travelling to PEI in August (I live in Vancouver now but I'm from PEI) to visit my family. I haven't asked my Dr about it but I'll only be 16 weeks ish at the time, I was under the impression that as long as you weren't getting really close to the due date that it was fine to fly. 

I don't think it was the flying my doctor was concerned with it was more so travel outside Canada where we don't have health insurance.

I am sure you will be fine KC.

Firsttime - I am not itchy, but I think dry itchy skin is sometimes common.  Is your skin dry?

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#130 Zumzum

Zumzum
  • 26 posts
  • My Clinic:La Jolla

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:13 PM

Hi all, which tests are you all planning to do? We have nuchal scan at week 12, but have not planned others yet.

#131 Baby-M

Baby-M
  • 53 posts
  • My Clinic:One Fertility

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:20 PM

I was warned to avoid travel to zika infected places which sounds like its mostly the southern states and caribbean.

For testing I was just going to do the OHIP covered testing at some point in weeks 11-14

Anyone going to use a midwife? I signed up with a local clinic. I like how they seem to provide a lot more follow up once baby is born for the first 6 weeks. As this will be my first child I think that will be quite beneficial

Me: 32, DH: 31 - MF, Frozen sperm due to chemo treatments

IUI #1 - Oct. '17 - BFN

IUI#2 - Nov. '17 - BFN

IVF Attempt #1 Dec ' 17- Cancelled - poor response to meds

IVF Attempt #2 - 17 Retrieved, 15 Fertilized with ICSI, 8 Frozen Blast

FET #1 - April '18 - BFN

FET #2 - May '18 - 

#132 keeping_the_hope

keeping_the_hope
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:26 PM

Im so sorry please baby for your loss. There is nothing that can comfort the ache you feel. My heart is with you.

#133 keeping_the_hope

keeping_the_hope
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:33 PM

Balance - Im travelling to a wedding in Hawaii at 30 weeks. My midwife says as long as I dont have high risk of preterm labour its fine to fly up to 36 weeks. My health insurance will cover pregnancy related costs out of country up to 31 weeks. So I figure as long as Im home by 31 weeks Im good to go. The risk is associated with flying. Flying can send you into early labour after 36 weeks which would then result in out of country costs.

Baby M - Im using a midwife. Ive only met them once but I fell in love with their practice. I chose midwife because of the mom centred care as well as the post partum care. Mine is a community midwife program so I also appreciate that I am part of a birth group that is connected to my prenatal care.

#134 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility Clinic

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:33 AM

Firsttimeivfer - I'm a bit itchy too but I also chalk it up to drier skin. I'm assuming coz of the weather changes lately. My injection sites were itchy too for a bit from PIO that's coz I also had bruises from it. So I don't really know how much of the itchiness is from actual pregnancy.

Zumzum - I'm also not sure what tests to take! I know there's Harmony NIPT that's offered in my clinic. It's about $650 tho. It's apparently 99% accurate screening for various trisomies. I'm still undecided. I'll be meeting with my midwife next week who's gonna go over all this with me.

Baby-M - I'm going thru the midwife route ATM. Just coz where I live no doctor is taking any new patients and my family doctor is too far for me to travel to. I'm just gonna work with her and have her refer me to an OB and work with both of them. My gf went that route when her family doc retired a month before she gave birth, he was supposed to deliver her baby and she said she wished she had a midwife all along. I keep hearing good things about midwives so I figure I'll try and she can guide me thru this pregnancy. I still want an OB for the other stuff tho for sure.

#135 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:37 AM

Ps: balance - the only time my doctor warned against travelling for me, was to those places affected with Zika virus. So I don't really know. I'm assuming if you're high risk then it's prob not a good idea, but if you're pregnancy is quite healthy, I don't see why not? But I'm no expert.... so... in the end prob best to listen to the doc, even though their advice might suck sometimes!

#136 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • 44 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:08 AM

I never even thought to look into a midwife. I live in the middle of no where so I am not sure if there is one around. I think I might look into it. Do you guys use both midwife and OB?

New symptom for me this week... Crazy migraines/headaches. I have been chugging water like crazy does not help. Sucks I cant kill it with a bunch of drugs. Anyone else experiencing that?

Firsttimerivf- I am not ichy but have very very dry skin right now.

Zumzum - I am doing the harmony test next week because my doctor told me its the best one. That in our cases a lot of the other ones would give false positives. Also I am feel like I have been patient enough over the last 6 years and I don't want to wait to know the sex of the baby lol.
diQHm6.png

#137 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:18 AM

Mrs. T - that suck so bad about the migraines!!!!! I'm a migraine sufferer, but ever since getting pregnant, I haven't had any. And typically, I'd get one or two in a week. I feel for you!!! Do you normally get migraines?? Have you tried peppermint oil?? I know you can only take acetaminophen during pregnancy, but that never works for me. So I'm really praying I never get one during this time! I know how debilitating migraine is!

#138 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:16 AM

Our gender report came in from our PGS!!!!  I am so excited!!!  But I am at work until 8pm and then DH has hockey and won't be home until 9:30pm and I don't want to find out without us being together.  So I have an unread email waiting for me that will tell us the gender of the baby we have cooking!  smile.png

It is going to be a very long day!!

#139 Firsttimeivfer

Firsttimeivfer
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

Yay balance! Any guesses on what it is? I dont know how you can wait...I would just forward the email and make my hubby open it at the same time instead of waiting until tonight Lollollol Im so impatient!

Mars T - sucks about the migraines. I hardly ever get headaches or migraines but I got them week 4-5 and they were awful. It disappeared in week 6 though so hopefully it goes away for you soon!

Had my third ultrasound today at 8w1d. Im measuring 18.3 and the heartbeat is 160 so everything seems to be progressing well. I asked about the itching and the doc thinks Im developing an allergic reaction to the Ethyl Oleate in my PIO shots so hes switching me over to castor oil PIO injections instead. I also got a few days worth of suppositories because my bum is all bruised and swollen from all the shots. Hopefully the new shots help!

I also got our expected due date today - Jan 30! Just 7.5 more months to go!

4 IVF cycles, 5 PGS tested "normal" 6-day blasts, 1 FET cycle so far..

Cycle stats in my "about me" page!

#140 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:33 PM

I caved and went home on a break to find out with DH!!

It's a boy!!!
  • Kcs_girl likes this

#141 keeping_the_hope

keeping_the_hope
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:32 PM

Congrats Balance!

KCs girl - been thinking of you. How was your ultrasound yesterday?

#142 Kcs_girl

Kcs_girl
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:13 AM

Hi Keeping, it went great! I had Dr. Dunne this time and she was so much more upbeat and informative than the last guy. We're measuring at 22.1 mm and had a heart rate of 187. So we're doing great. Looks like we're still measuring 4 days behind but since it's consistent she seemed pretty happy with it! I'm so relieved. Next appointment will be with the OB instead. I'm being referred to a clinic that's closer to my new house instead of going back to the one that referred us to the clinic so I'm just waiting now for the call to set up my next appointment. 

We decided to let our family in on our little secret, it feels like we've been keeping the secret forever! Everyone is so excited! But I'm getting conflicting requests my mom and his mom want a boy, but my grandmother wants a girl. I was so caught up in seeing my little squirmy gummy bear on the screen I forgot to ask about the harmony and panorama tests, so I'm going to have to wait till I see the ob, so it'll be a while yet before we find out the gender. 

Speaking of gender, Congratulations on your Boy Balance!! That's awesome! I would totally have had to open that email right away, I don't know how you waited as long as you did! eusa_clap.gif

• Balance likes this

August 1st - Results are all clear, and we're having a babyboy.gif Boy babyboy.gif 

zKUjm7.png

#143 keeping_the_hope

keeping_the_hope
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:27 AM

Thats great news KCs girl!! Such a relief! You can call PCRM and ask to have their genetic counsellor call you with info about the tests. They also have a lot of info on their website. If we wanted to know the sex we totally would have paid for the testing. But instead were doing the free version. It takes longer and doesnt tell you the sex but is free and still gives risks of certain genetic conditions.

#144 Kcs_girl

Kcs_girl
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:44 AM

Good to know! Thank you! I may give them a call on Monday :)

zKUjm7.png

#145 Zumzum

Zumzum
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:30 AM

This week is a big week - Nuchal ultra on Thursday. If we manage that well, it seems miscarriage risk is only like 1-2% after it. Fingers crossed!
  • Balance likes this

#146 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:54 AM

Good luck zumzum!!! Aside from the nuchal ultrasound, will you be getting other genetic testing??? Just curious... I'm a bit anxious with mine, though I'm not sure which one I would take... depends on my appt with my midwife I guess. She's gonna be counselling me and DH all about it. I'm just worried coz in the back of my head there's gotta be something wrong! Even though this cycle by far has been a breeze. I think my last mc really did a number on my psyche, and it really worries me coz my mc was due to chromosomal abnormality, so now I'm thinking "what if" ya know? But I do wanna get tested for a peace of mind.... sorry totally venting my anxiety here.... :(

#147 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:55 AM

How is everyone else doing on their pregnancy!???? :)

#148 Zumzum

Zumzum
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:45 PM

Hi Seem, I didnt decide on other tests. We have a young donor and we did PGD so there is hope all goes well.
I know about the constant worry. Long time infertility does that to you. I am just trying to avoid negative thoughrs - I dont want to suffer the whole 9 months. I rather enjoy the news now and then cry if bad news come.

#149 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:20 PM

I hear ya zumzum! I'm trying.... it comes in waves really and I'm very much looking forward to meet my midwife and get as much info as I can.... but anyhow, good luck on your scan!!!!! :)

#150 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:09 AM

Hi everyone,

All is well here.  We had our second scan on Monday and things looked good.  We even picked up a day and our little guy is now measuring exactly where he should be based on our transfer date.  We have opted not to do any of the panorama or harmony tests because we did PGS and we already know the gender.  So our next scan will be at 12 weeks for the NT scan.

I am happy with how things are going.  Up until last week my only real symptom was extreme tiredness.  On top of that last Thursday I started to have some major food aversions.  I am not one to dislike any particular food but this past week it seems I wake up each day and feel disgusted by most things I used to always eat.  Like bread, avocados and so many more things.  It is hard to find something I want to eat now.  I really hope that doesn't last.  And with the tiredness on top of it I have been skipping some meals because I can't even go into the kitchen.  Smells are setting me off now too.  DH has been good and has picked up the slack and will cook me whatever I am able to eat.

It is interesting.  smile.png

• returnable likes this