• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Hero08

Hero08
  • 690 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Foothills - Regional Fertility Program

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:08 PM

Ok - you guys might think I'm crazy...Positive pregnancy test and really high beta (1133) on 13dp3dt. For the most part I've been worried about multiples more so than losing the pregnancy (and I am a worrier - hopefully writing will help calm me down). I haven't had really huge symptoms - breasts are sore but not overly (mostly when the cats step on them which they seem to do alot). Some mild nausea, mild headaches, mild cramping. I have no idea what is normal or not for me. I'm now 23dp3dt. This morning I felt like I might have a fever so I took my temperature and it was really low (like 97.1 and 97.3 - had to take it twice). Those are my pre-ovulatory and right before af temps (NOT pregnancy temps). Now I'm not regularly taking my temperature (I used to - for about 2 years) but the last couple of times I took it (right around my positve and my beta) it was high. I have to say I'm now totally freaked out that I'm miscarrying :( Because the thought hasn't really occurred to me before - I can't get it out of my mind. I don't know what to do. I could call my ob and request another beta I guess or just wait until my ultrasound on July 18. I have no spotting or anything like that - just this one temp drop. Any thoughts on how to get through this? I've been really good up until this point - cautiously optimistic which for me is a good thing. Now I really don't know what to think...I thought that maybe writing would be a good way to get this all out and then I wonder if I'm jinxing myself. I feel like I'm crazy...I keep thinking that I got lucky to get this far and being 42 I'm sure alot of you have heard/know the statistics of this working out for me. Any positive comments from anyone would be appreciated...
Me: 43 DH: 38
TTC for 4 years
3 iuis w/ clomid
1 1/2 yrs TCM
IVF #1 a success!
ER June 12, 2008 ET June 15 (5 transferred)
Beta June 29 1133
First Ultrasound July - 2 heartbeats
Official Due Date Mid Feb 2009 (38 weeks)
Gabriella Rose (5lb 14oz) and Chloe Jane (6lb 3oz)
born 5am Feb 19, 2009

#2 m2bmama

m2bmama
  • 638 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:26 PM

Hi Hero,
Think positive. If you are really concerned call the clinic or even ontario health (are you in ontario)? If not maybe your province has something simular it might help!

I hope nothing but the best for you!

#3 stillsmiling

stillsmiling
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:yoga, gardening, home repair tasks, reading
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:NFC

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

Hero,

So sorry for what you are feeling. From what I understand, early pg symptoms come and go so it is likely that you have nothing to worry about. However your clinic might do another beta or an early ultrasound to make you feel better---- never hurts to ask!

Congrats on your BFP and best luck fir a healthy 9 months!
DP (Joey) 36, me (Cindy) 36
1st IVF January 08
02/07/2008 BFP then m/c
2nd IVF Sept 08 =BFN
3rd IVF Feb 09 = another BFN
changing directions
partner 6 IUI's all BFN
July 2009, started donor egg cycle.
ET Sept 11 = another BFN
One more DE cycle hopefully in January 2010.

Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark.

my blog http://cindysblog-ba...e.blogspot.com/

#4 stillsmiling

stillsmiling
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:yoga, gardening, home repair tasks, reading
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:NFC

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:35 PM

Hero,

So sorry for what you are feeling. From what I understand, early pg symptoms come and go so it is likely that you have nothing to worry about. However your clinic might do another beta or an early ultrasound to make you feel better---- never hurts to ask!

Congrats on your BFP and best luck fir a healthy 9 months!

DP (Joey) 36, me (Cindy) 36
1st IVF January 08
02/07/2008 BFP then m/c
2nd IVF Sept 08 =BFN
3rd IVF Feb 09 = another BFN
changing directions
partner 6 IUI's all BFN
July 2009, started donor egg cycle.
ET Sept 11 = another BFN
One more DE cycle hopefully in January 2010.

Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark.

my blog http://cindysblog-ba...e.blogspot.com/

#5 hopeful_flyer

hopeful_flyer
  • 1000+
  • 1320 posts
  • Interests:belly shots, ass shots, bloating, cramping, dildo cams and broken hearts. Oh, and vajay suppositories.
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:54 PM

I hope you can get a beta done soon to ease your mind.

hang in there.

xoxoxo
ttc #1 Since Jan 2006. as of April 09 that means ttc for 40 months. Jebus. *sigh*
Bilaterally blocked tubes discovered Dec 2007
IVF#1 June, 2008 agonist protocol
300IU gonal f, 13 days of stims. Nothing to transfer.
EPIC FAIL
IVF#2 Started BCP for Antagonist protocol Oct 9, 2008 (menopur and centrotide)
Last BCP, Nov 2, 2008
First U/S Nov 2, start 300iu Menopur Nov 7, 2008
Back for daily scans and bloods starting Nov 11, 2008
U/S showed 5 follies between 1.1 and 1.25 start Centrotide today.
Nov 13 U/S showed 7 follies between 1.2 and 1.5
Next U/S Nov 14 10 follies
Trigger Nov 15
ER date, Nov 17th
6 retrieved.
4 mature and ICSI'd, 3 dividing on day 1.
3 still alive on day 2
ET Nov 20, 2008. All 3 going back!
8 cell grade 2, 6 cell grade 2, 7 cell grade 3 put back.
8dp3dt Brown spotting
AF arrived Nov 28, WAY early, thanks a lot...*sigh*
Beta Dec 1, 2008 (what is the point? NONE)
RE appointment April 27, 2009 to discuss IVF#2, and then I think we are done. Oh well, was a fun ride? *snicker*

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will not live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine. -Atlas Shrugged

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”- Einstein.

Posted Image
Blinkie Maker

#6 Hero08

Hero08
  • 690 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:56 PM

Hi guys,

Talked to my ob/gyn - he encouraged me to wait for the ultrasound. He said I'd need a few blood tests to see what's going on and I'd probably just worry more. The ultrasound will be way more definative. I have to admit - I hate the blood tests - I have small veins and he's right - I would just end up worrying more about what each number meant. I'm not bleeding or cramping and me2too is right about the symptoms. The doc said one temperature wouldn't mean that I am or about to miscarry. I think I'll throw away the thermometer when I get home (and the one I bought at lunch) instead of making myself crazy. Thanks for the support. This is a crazy, crazy time and I'm not sure what to do with myself.
TTC for 4 years
3 iuis w/ clomid
1 1/2 yrs TCM
IVF #1 a success!
Beta June 29 1133
born 5am Feb 19, 2009

#7 Rosa

Rosa
  • Global 100+
  • 765 posts
  • My Clinic:Create IVF

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

Hi - don't worry about 1 temperature reading. I totally get where you're coming from, you're just afraid something will go wrong.

I think those of us who have gone through IVF will all feel that way when pregnant. We'll probably get nervous about every single twinge because we've been through so much to get there and we keep reading too much!
Me 45, DH 41
TTC 3 years
Uterine polyps, high prolactin levels and tested positive for anti-cardio lipin
5 failed IUI's
IVF #1 July 2007, 32 eggs retrieved (many immature), 12 fertilzed, 9 made it to day 3, transferred 3 embbies, BFN
FET #1 - 3 embryos Oct 07, beta Nov 2nd, another BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 2007, on Lupron and birth control pill, 11 days of stims 225 Gonal F plus 75 Repronex and 150 Gonal F at night, retrieved 18 eggs Dec 11th, 8 fertilized through ICSI and 4 naturally
Transfer - 3, 8 cell embryos Dec 14th, BETA Dec 28th, BFN
7 frozen
FET #2 - June 5/08, BFN
hysteroscopy and polypectomy on Sept 25/08, removed 1 polyp
FET #3 - used up my last 4 frosties Oct 27/08
Beta Nov 9/08 125 BFP 13dp3dt
Beta Nov 11/08 315 15dp3dt
Beta Nov 15/08 over 2000 19dp3dt
Beta Nov 18/08 7365 22dp3dt
U/S date Nov 29/08, a singleton, heart beat 131 beats per minute
U/S date Dec 7/08, heart beat 160 beats per minute, growth good 8 w 2 days
U/S date Dec 13/08, heart beat 157 beats per minute, growth good at 9 w 1 day, baby moving around
U/S date Dec 27/08, heart beat 165 beats per minute, growth good at 11 weeks 1 day, baby moving around, now has arms and legs and was kicking
nuchal test US Jan 2/08 TEXTBOOK NORMAL Thank you God!
IPS pregnancy test results NORMAL, risk is 1/800 of Down's Syndrome and 1/1,100 for spina bifida
anatomical u/s NORMAL, it's a girl!
Due date July 18, 2009 in the home stretch

Sophia Anne born July 22, 2009 at 12:41 AM via emergency C-Section.

Fell down the stairs Aug 4, 2010, fractured C7, T1, T3 and 4 ribs (neck and upper spine). Still healing and hoping bones fuse on their own.

#8 Hero08

Hero08
  • 690 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:50 PM

Hi Rosa,

That's exactly what the Dr. said. He said he understands my concern but the best indicator of what's going on will be the ultrasound. Unfortunately it's a week and a half away but he made me comfortable enough to be ok to wait. This is so friggin frustrating though - now that the doubts have crept in I'm having trouble feeling confident about anything...I'm going to acupuncture today and I'm hoping that will help me a bit. I've gone through so much to get here that I don't want to spend the next week or so in a state of panic...for my own sanity.
TTC for 4 years
3 iuis w/ clomid
1 1/2 yrs TCM
IVF #1 a success!
Beta June 29 1133
born 5am Feb 19, 2009

#9 bridgeypie

bridgeypie
  • 1000+
  • 2194 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Ottawa ON

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

I can't help you much in regards to temperatures I never took mine with DS, but I can tell you I went through my entire pregnancy with never one ounce of sore boobs, throw up experiences, headachs NOTHING...hell my boobs didn't even get bigger lol, so it is normal that you are not having many "sensations".. everyone is different.

Im hoping and have a feeling that everything is okay - just keep writting away on these boards if it helps your mind relaxe, you'll know soon enough :)

Take care
(hugs)
Me 25...DH 30....DS 3 ( concieved naturally born dec/05 )
IVF #1 - ER(07/04/08) 6 follies, 1 egg, 3dt of 4 cell grade 3.5 embie = BFN 07/19/09......DISASTER
IVF #2 - ER (09/25/08) 13 follies, 8 eggs 100% fertilization, 5dt 2 cavitating morulas = BFN 10/06/08......Getting Better
IVF #3 - ER (03/01/09) 7 follies, 5 egss, 4 fertilized, transfered 3 embryos 9 cell 3.0, 8 cell 2.5 and 7 cell 2.5 = BFP
Early Beta -13dp3dt 500 Second Beta - 15dp3dt 1649 Third beta -21dp3dt 12,300

G/G/B triplets!!!!

Babies born on due date Oct 14th
Baby A - Alanna Chelsea 5lbs 6oz
Baby B - Benjamin Albert 5lbs
Baby C - Lauren Summer 5lbs

Visit my blog: http://4under4.wordpress.com/

#10 Hero08

Hero08
  • 690 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:32 PM

Thanks Bridgey! Anytime anyone writes something back to me that's positive I usually start to cry. Thanks for the hug. I'm hoping to find some peace tonite...:)
TTC for 4 years
3 iuis w/ clomid
1 1/2 yrs TCM
IVF #1 a success!
Beta June 29 1133
born 5am Feb 19, 2009

#11 bal

bal
  • Cyclebase
  • 1982 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Fertility and IVF Center of Miami

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:12 AM

Hero -
I understand where you're coming from. IVF pregnancy is nervewrecking at the beginning, you just don't know what's going on, and we are all so nervous and in shock and just can't believe it, that we always tend to think the worst (we are so used to expecting bad news).

I was the same way, and the first few months I did so many blood tests and u/s that the clerks and nurses at both places must really be missing me now (I knew them all by name and they recognized my voice on the phone)! I finally decided to get a doppler ($90), and everytime I thought something was wrong (every day) I would listen to my baby's heartbeat. In time, the fears fade, and you get to really enjoy the pregnancy.

I'm sure everything's fine with you. You don't have any strange symptoms (luckily I never thought about taking my temp). Try to relax and wait for your u/s.

Good Luck :)
Me 41, DH 41
TTC - since Nov '04
2005 - TTC Naturally
2006 - IUI w/clomid x 4 - all BFN
Feb - 1st appointment with RE
Lap to remove ovarian cysts
IVF #1 July - Cancelled / only 2 follicles
IVF #2 Sept - ICSI 13 / 2 transfered, 4 frosties BFP m/c 5 wks
FET #1 Jan - AH 2 blasts BFP DD born Oct 2008
God, Thank You for our miracle baby!
FET #2 Feb - AH 2 blasts BFP m/c twins 8wks D&C
Lap to remove ovarian cysts
Histeroscopy to remove polyp in uterus
IVF #3 Oct - ICSI 3 blasts BFN
IVF #4 Jan - ICSI 4 blasts BFN
IVF #5 May - LAST!
ER May 19 - 19 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized ICSI
ET May 24 - 3 blasts transferred - 5AA, 5AA, 4AB No frosties
HPTs since 5dp5dt -> 7dp5dt all negative
June 1st (8dp5dt / 13dpo)- HPT very faint BFP
HCG 6/2-61.33, 6/4-217, 6/5-328, 6/7-836, 6/10-2,493(22dpo)
U/S 6/20 - HR 116bpm EDD Feb 8, 2012
June 30 - SCH diagnosed - bedrest
July 25 - SCH gone! NT - 0.18cms
Aug 10 - 14 wks - Complete Placenta Previa Dx - bedrest
Aug 19 - 15 wks - No measurable amniotic fluid - bedrest
Sept 16 - DD delivered stillborn at 19w1d. RIP my angel.
Done TTC

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:20 AM

I think we've all driven ourselves batty in the early stages of our pregnancy, trying to interpret every single symptom. For me, it was the initially low beta followed by the absolute lack of pregnancy symptoms. There were times I was so convinced I was miscarrying that I'd start to bawl. And I would try to remind myself about the line from the Bible that says worry changes nothing, but -- like you -- I'm a worrier, and I couldn't seem to stop! Fortunately, my doctor was non-alarmist, and he stopped giving me all of the numbers I would obsess over (after my 3rd beta, I never had another, and he never told me what the heart rate was, just that he was pleased...) Believe it or not, the less information I had, the better I did!

Now, I'm almost 35 weeks pregnant.

Keep the faith!

Kathryn.

#13 Hero08

Hero08
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

Hi Kathryn & Bal,

Thanks for that. I feel much better today and not so doom and gloom. I had acupuncture and because I trust my acupuncturist he made me feel alot better. Plus they do more for you when you are concerned and especially when your mind is racing. Because I'm not having a lot of symptoms either it's been challenging in even imagining something going on in there. The emotions get a little carried away as well and I have a feeling that's what yesterday was. I think I actually had some sort of panic attack! Thank you as always for the support - it really helps knowing that other were there before you and that they know exactly how you feel. I won't get another beta - I'm going to try my best and just wait for the ultrasound. I'll let them know if I have any bleeding or anything but other than that I'm going to try and hope for the best!
TTC for 4 years
3 iuis w/ clomid
1 1/2 yrs TCM
IVF #1 a success!
Beta June 29 1133
born 5am Feb 19, 2009

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:16 AM

Hi Kathryn & Bal,

Thanks for that. I feel much better today and not so doom and gloom. I had acupuncture and because I trust my acupuncturist he made me feel alot better. Plus they do more for you when you are concerned and especially when your mind is racing. Because I'm not having a lot of symptoms either it's been challenging in even imagining something going on in there. The emotions get a little carried away as well and I have a feeling that's what yesterday was. I think I actually had some sort of panic attack! Thank you as always for the support - it really helps knowing that other were there before you and that they know exactly how you feel. I won't get another beta - I'm going to try my best and just wait for the ultrasound. I'll let them know if I have any bleeding or anything but other than that I'm going to try and hope for the best!

Hi Hero - sorry for all your stress! Of course, it is hard not to worry when you have worked so hard to achieve that pregnancy. No personal experience, here but I have heard that symptoms come and go, that worrying increases when pregnant (well, of course!!), and that some women have absolutely no pregnancy symptoms until their tummies start to bulge -- and that's the only symptom! I'm glad the acupuncture helped you. I bet you'll feel tons better after that ultrasound (which must seem ages away...) Am wishing you the best and glad you are feeling more reassured. Best wishes to you!

#15 Hero08

Hero08
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

Thanks Stillhoping! I appreciate all of the support that you have provided - I think that's why I keep posting my craziness - you ladies are so good at making me feel better!

How are you doing? Will you be trying another ivf cycle soon? I'm really hoping for some more AMAs to join me here on the pregnancy ride!
TTC for 4 years
3 iuis w/ clomid
1 1/2 yrs TCM
IVF #1 a success!
Beta June 29 1133
born 5am Feb 19, 2009

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

Thanks Stillhoping! I appreciate all of the support that you have provided - I think that's why I keep posting my craziness - you ladies are so good at making me feel better!

How are you doing? Will you be trying another ivf cycle soon? I'm really hoping for some more AMAs to join me here on the pregnancy ride!

Thanks for asking Hero. It's all up in the air due to costs. Hopefully we will try again in September or have miracle conception before that....! For the life of me, I cannot figure out AMA -- Awesome Mama Age ? ;) Hope you're feeling more positive today. I am sure everything is A-Ok with your little one(s) but it must be hard to wait for next news. If I can get pregnant, I will be assessing every little twinge -- or lack of twinges, I am certain...

Edited by stillhoping, 09 July 2008 - 12:19 PM.

#17 hopeful_flyer

hopeful_flyer
  • 1000+
  • 1320 posts
  • Interests:belly shots, ass shots, bloating, cramping, dildo cams and broken hearts. Oh, and vajay suppositories.
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:37 PM

It's the DREADED....

ADVANCED MATERNAL AGE.

I hate hearing that.

Makes me want to smack people. ;)
ttc #1 Since Jan 2006. as of April 09 that means ttc for 40 months. Jebus. *sigh*
Bilaterally blocked tubes discovered Dec 2007
IVF#1 June, 2008 agonist protocol
300IU gonal f, 13 days of stims. Nothing to transfer.
EPIC FAIL
IVF#2 Started BCP for Antagonist protocol Oct 9, 2008 (menopur and centrotide)
Last BCP, Nov 2, 2008
First U/S Nov 2, start 300iu Menopur Nov 7, 2008
Back for daily scans and bloods starting Nov 11, 2008
U/S showed 5 follies between 1.1 and 1.25 start Centrotide today.
Nov 13 U/S showed 7 follies between 1.2 and 1.5
Next U/S Nov 14 10 follies
Trigger Nov 15
ER date, Nov 17th
6 retrieved.
4 mature and ICSI'd, 3 dividing on day 1.
3 still alive on day 2
ET Nov 20, 2008. All 3 going back!
8 cell grade 2, 6 cell grade 2, 7 cell grade 3 put back.
8dp3dt Brown spotting
AF arrived Nov 28, WAY early, thanks a lot...*sigh*
Beta Dec 1, 2008 (what is the point? NONE)
RE appointment April 27, 2009 to discuss IVF#2, and then I think we are done. Oh well, was a fun ride? *snicker*

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will not live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine. -Atlas Shrugged

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”- Einstein.

Posted Image
Blinkie Maker

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:45 PM

Oh... I think I like mine better... :icon_wink:

#19 Hero08

Hero08
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

How about "Geriatric Pregnancy"? That one makes me laugh. Good thing I don't feel old...:)

Stillhoping - I really hope you can get the funds together to do the ivf cycle you want. I understand about the cost - we are totally broke now - couldn't afford to do it again if we had of failed. But we are fortunate to have awesome drug coverage and we both work for the same company so we doubled it up. I think we have yearly fertility drug coverage of $5k each...that's alot. I figured if the ivf didn't work we could just keep doing the medicated iui cycles...didn't tell DH that though. The pharmacy at our clinic always commented on how fantastic our drug plan was - we didn't have to pay anything for the drugs during this cycle. I guess the old plan was really bad and they just implemented this new one in the last year or so. We are very fortunate - the cycle still cost 8k however plus all the travel expenses. Anyway - there has to be a way to get what you want it's just figuring it out. Good luck and I hope it all falls into place in the very near future!

Edited by Hero08, 09 July 2008 - 03:12 PM.

TTC for 4 years
3 iuis w/ clomid
1 1/2 yrs TCM
IVF #1 a success!
Beta June 29 1133
born 5am Feb 19, 2009

#20 Rosa

Rosa
  • Global 100+
  • 765 posts
  • My Clinic:Create IVF

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

Hi Hero,

You are not old.....and I hate the term advanced maternal age. Whoever thought to coin that phrase should be smacked.

I look and feel young and energetic.
Me 45, DH 41
TTC 3 years
Uterine polyps, high prolactin levels and tested positive for anti-cardio lipin
5 failed IUI's
IVF #1 July 2007, 32 eggs retrieved (many immature), 12 fertilzed, 9 made it to day 3, transferred 3 embbies, BFN
FET #1 - 3 embryos Oct 07, beta Nov 2nd, another BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 2007, on Lupron and birth control pill, 11 days of stims 225 Gonal F plus 75 Repronex and 150 Gonal F at night, retrieved 18 eggs Dec 11th, 8 fertilized through ICSI and 4 naturally
Transfer - 3, 8 cell embryos Dec 14th, BETA Dec 28th, BFN
7 frozen
FET #2 - June 5/08, BFN
hysteroscopy and polypectomy on Sept 25/08, removed 1 polyp
FET #3 - used up my last 4 frosties Oct 27/08
Beta Nov 9/08 125 BFP 13dp3dt
Beta Nov 11/08 315 15dp3dt
Beta Nov 15/08 over 2000 19dp3dt
Beta Nov 18/08 7365 22dp3dt
U/S date Nov 29/08, a singleton, heart beat 131 beats per minute
U/S date Dec 7/08, heart beat 160 beats per minute, growth good 8 w 2 days
U/S date Dec 13/08, heart beat 157 beats per minute, growth good at 9 w 1 day, baby moving around
U/S date Dec 27/08, heart beat 165 beats per minute, growth good at 11 weeks 1 day, baby moving around, now has arms and legs and was kicking
nuchal test US Jan 2/08 TEXTBOOK NORMAL Thank you God!
IPS pregnancy test results NORMAL, risk is 1/800 of Down's Syndrome and 1/1,100 for spina bifida
anatomical u/s NORMAL, it's a girl!
Due date July 18, 2009 in the home stretch

Sophia Anne born July 22, 2009 at 12:41 AM via emergency C-Section.

Fell down the stairs Aug 4, 2010, fractured C7, T1, T3 and 4 ribs (neck and upper spine). Still healing and hoping bones fuse on their own.

#21 Hero08

Hero08
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:11 PM

Yep - I look and feel young too - at least most days. :) I just laugh at the terms...someone always has to come up with a name for everything - can't just be a normal pregnant person...I'll see what my doctor calls me but I have a feeling he'll be respectful!

Edited by Hero08, 09 July 2008 - 03:12 PM.

TTC for 4 years
3 iuis w/ clomid
1 1/2 yrs TCM
IVF #1 a success!
Beta June 29 1133
born 5am Feb 19, 2009

#22 maybebaby

maybebaby
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Home Decor/Renovating/Gardening...sleeping.
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai Hospital RBU

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

That is a good plan -- the company I worked for had a lifetime cap of $2,500.

We need an emo-icon for "blech".

From one AMA to another.
~A
ME-41 DH-41 TTC 5 years AFC: 5 left, 9 right / Sperm Count & Motility good, morphology?
m/c - September 2004 & October 2005 (both natural) / furbaby - December 2005
HSC to 'have a look' - January 2006 / HSC to remove uterine polyp - November 2007
BFN after IUI - April 2008 (puregon & ovidrel) / BFN after IUI - June 2008 (puregon & ovidrel)
Cancelled proposed IVF for August 2008. Have decided not to pursue aggressive means of conception.
--------------------
Posted Image

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:01 PM

How about "Geriatric Pregnancy"? That one makes me laugh. Good thing I don't feel old...:)

Stillhoping - I really hope you can get the funds together to do the ivf cycle you want. I understand about the cost - we are totally broke now - couldn't afford to do it again if we had of failed. But we are fortunate to have awesome drug coverage and we both work for the same company so we doubled it up. I think we have yearly fertility drug coverage of $5k each...that's alot. I figured if the ivf didn't work we could just keep doing the medicated iui cycles...didn't tell DH that though. The pharmacy at our clinic always commented on how fantastic our drug plan was - we didn't have to pay anything for the drugs during this cycle. I guess the old plan was really bad and they just implemented this new one in the last year or so. We are very fortunate - the cycle still cost 8k however plus all the travel expenses. Anyway - there has to be a way to get what you want it's just figuring it out. Good luck and I hope it all falls into place in the very near future!

Thanks Hero... is your company hiring? ;) (half kidding!) Maybe I could work at drugstore and get prescriptions at cost? Hmmm... I have a feeling that is a big "no go"... however, we will find a way... Just hope I can convince my DH it's worth it as he's getting pretty uncomfortable with the whole we-are-in-debt-forever thing.

Re:AMA... somedays I feel old, sometimes I feel young.. yet I always feel pretty immature! Hope your energetic approach rubs off on me! :)