4 replies to this topic

#1 Paper

Paper
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:33 PM

So I just got my consult appointment with Conceptia! I am very excited. 

A bit about me:

* I started at AART Halifax 

* Diagnosed with MFI, that means that only IVF + ICSI will give us a shot at having a child. 

* Transferred to Conceptia due to some issues at AART, plus Conceptia is much cheaper. 

So now I am wondering if there are any patients of Conceptia here that can answer some timeline questions? I'm so anxious to begin! 

* Did anyone get down-regulated before IVF (have to take Birth Control the months prior to IVF)? How many months did you do that for? 

* If someone was down-regulated, could you be down-regulated and do the mock cycle at the same time? 

* What does the mock cycle entail? Does it take a month?

* Is there an IVF waiting list or can you begin as soon as the doctor says you're good to start?

* I am assuming that patients needed an HSG test before starting IVF. Mine was completed May 2016. I was wondering if anyone knew how old of results that the doctor will use for IVF? Like, at AART an HSG is valid for 3 years. Does anyone know how long an HSG is valid for at Conceptia? 

Thanks if anyone answers! I know that I can ask all of these questions at the appointment but if other people know sooner it will make the wait more tolerable! 

• MGC likes this

#2 MGC

MGC
  • Global 100+
  • 431 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:26 PM

Hi Paper,
Congrats on your consult. Best of luck with your new adventure. I have been to Conceptia and here are my answers to your questions.

* Did anyone get down-regulated before IVF (have to take Birth Control the months prior to IVF)? How many months did you do that for? - Yes. They will down regulate for scheduling purposes and it's typically for one month prior to the transfer/retrieval.

* If someone was down-regulated, could you be down-regulated and do the mock cycle at the same time? - A mock cycle is usually done before the start of cycle, typically done separately but it's been a while since I had a mock.

* What does the mock cycle entail? Does it take a month? -A mock is cycle is just like a transfer, but they just pass a catheter to be sure the embryo can be easily transferred.

* Is there an IVF waiting list or can you begin as soon as the doctor says you're good to start? - As soon as you are given the go ahead, you can usually start on your next menstrual cycle.

* I am assuming that patients needed an HSG test before starting IVF. Mine was completed May 2016. I was wondering if anyone knew how old of results that the doctor will use for IVF? Like, at AART an HSG is valid for 3 years. Does anyone know how long an HSG is valid for at Conceptia? - An HSG was not done for me but each situation is different and they will likely give you these details during your next visit.

I hope this helps.

TTC since 2011
Dec 2011 - M/C
Aug 2012 - Ectopic pregnancy ~ 10w, laparoscopic sx, left tube removed
May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy ~ 8w, laparotomy sx, right tube removed

IVF #1 - April 2015 - 1st cycle, 5dt blastocyst 3AA 29Apr15 - BFN

FET #1 - August 2015 - Transferred one perfect 4AA 6day Blastocyst - BFP, miscarried Aug 26th

Hysteroscopy - Sept 2015 - NSF. Additional B/W requested (8-12wk wait for results - UGH!)
Results complete. Consultation complete - Lovenox introduced into new protocol.

FET #2 - Jan 2016 - 4AA 6day Blastocyst - BFN

FET #3 - May 2016 - Transferred 4BB and 3BA embies. - BFN

FET #4 - December 15th, 2016 - last frostie (4AA 5d blastocyst) - BFP

December 31st, 2016 - Miscarriage 

IVF #2 - May 2017, Antagonist Protocol

BCP started May 20th / Estimated CD1 ~ June 22nd / Retrieval July 4th

#3 JennyM123

JennyM123
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:44 AM

Hey there! There is a Facebook Group as well for Conceptia patients? Are you both in there?? If not I can invite you. There would probably more people available to answer your questions :) 

To take a crack at your questions - 

BCP is part of the standard Conceptia protocol and yes it is usually a month you take that for. I believe you can have your mock during this month if I recall correctly. They typically do like to the do the mock first, however, we wanted to start right away and they said we could with the BCP right at my next cycle and do the mock during this time.

You don't need to wait or anything to start however - usually you can just call in your day 1 on your next cycle once all testing is complete. 

Pap has to be completed within the last 12 months if you don't have a valid one of those you should get one while you wait for your appointment. Likely the HSG will still be okay but I have heard of them wanting to have some sort of internal within the last year - as a lot can change in 2 years and you don't want to have any surprises when you are going through IVF. Though it might take a bit more time, trust me you don't want anything causing a possible cancellation!

#4 Paper

Paper
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:14 AM

Thanks MGC for the information! Very helpful! 

JennyM123: After you mentioned the facebook group I went for a search and I think I found it. I just messaged the admins. 

The pap is a good idea. I am in NS still, so I will try to find a doctor that will do the pap and let me leave with the file. I'm nervous about needing an HSG and getting it done in NS while IVF treatment is in NB. I'm sort of hoping that I just sneak through.

#5 Courtney83013

Courtney83013
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

I’m not 100% but I do not think you need the HSG if you are doing IVF with ICSI as you do not need your tubes for anything. Goodluck!
Me-29 R ovary removed at 21 bc cyst and torsion
DH-29 low sperm

IVF/ICSI #1 at AART halifax fall 2012
ER-dec5, 2012 16 eggs retrieved, 13 injected, 5 fertilized,
ET-dec 8,2012 day 3 transfer , 2 embryos. Non to freeze
OHSS-dec 9,2012 week in hospital
BFP-dec21
Emergency cerclage at 21 weeks. Bedrest for 20 weeks. Induced at 40 weeks 2 days.
Healthy baby girl August 30

IVF #2
Consult at conceptia Oct 2015