• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bushraw

bushraw
  • 43 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:CREATE

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

Hi, we have been with Create for 2 years now with 1 failed IUI and 3 failed ivf FET cycles. We are dealing with male fertility issues. Can you please rate Hannam if you are currently there or were previously. Or is there a clinic in downtown Toronto  or even Vaughan area you would recommend.

Thanks, 

Bushra

#2 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 389 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Prev: Trio / Current: Hannam

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:04 PM

I switched from TRIO to Hannam and I am very happy.  They are more expensive than all the other Toronto clinics, but because of that I think there are less patients and less commotion during cycle monitoring.

#3 SJSP

SJSP
  • 69 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:56 PM

We switched from Create, after 4 failed embryo transfers, to Hannam and are super happy we did. We have way more attention from our doctor than we did at Create, and found a new medication protocol that resulted in my first BFP. I love it there. Wait times are also less there too (I find). The amazing magazine collection is an added bonus. 

#4 Eloise12

Eloise12
  • Global 100+
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, travel, writing, my dog.
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio. That didn't work. Now abroad.

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:13 PM

I am also super interested in responses to this. I have been at Trio for about 15 months (signature for details) and I am switching to Hannam for my next IVF cycle. I have heard that their lab is top notch, but aside from the information on their website about the clinic's affiliation with the Colorado Centre for Reproductive Medicine, it's not clear what makes it so. 

Can a lab really make such a difference?   

Me: 38 39 DH: 41 43 TTC Since 2014
Miscarriage in April 2016 (natural pregnancy) 

Many IUIs 2017  - One BFP! - Chemical Pregnancy sad.png

IVF #1 August 2017 - antagonost protocol - 11 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilised w/ICSI. 2 embryos to transfer day 5 - BFN - nothing to freeze

IVF #2 - November 2017 - flare protocol - 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilised w/ICSI. 2 morulas (not quite blasts) to transfer day 5 - BFN - nothing to freeze

IVF #3 - April 2018 - DHEA priming - 10 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilised w/ICSI. 2 morulas to transfer day 5 - BFN - nothing to freeze. 

IVF #4 August-September 2018 - 17 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilised w/ICSI. 4 blasts (2 transferred day 5: 4AB and 2AA. 2 Day-6 frozen) BFP!! Beta #1= 39, Beta #2 = 105, Beta #3 = 210, Beta #4 = 20. Early Miscarriage. cry.gif

IVF #5 January 2019 - 7 eggs retrieved, 3 mature, 2 fertilised. Day 3 transfer of one 9-cell embryo: BFN.  Worst cycle ever? 

FET: March 2019 - BFN.

What...wait...what? April 2019 SURPRISE NATURAL BFP!! Early miscarriage @ 6wk. W the actual F? th_aholysheep.gif th_angrywife.gif

IVF #6 - August 2019 -BFN 

Moving on to DE IVF abroad

DE IVF #1 - 2 blasts transferred, chemical

DE FET #1 - 2 blasts transferred, BFP! Amazing betas  (170 - 40K) then bleeding then haemmorage at 6.5 weeks. ER and then hospital stay. Not great. Not great at all. icon_cry.gif

DE FET #2 - 1 blast transferred - BFN

Will this ever work? Losing hope, steam, money.  

#5 socialgirl

socialgirl
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

Hi ladies!

I've been a patient of Dr. Hannam's for some time. He is such a caring, compassionate, and wonderful doctor. I am so lucky to have him on this challenging adventure. His lab is considered one of the best in Canada. My sister has twins because of him. He is thorough, knowledgeable and tailors a protocol to you and your unique circumstances. His staff are just as amazing. I've made lifelong friends.

I've personally driven over 22,000 km just to have the best care. And if money weren't an issue, I'd drive another 22,000 km for more treatment.

Our case is complicated and we haven't had success yet. Good old endometriosis for the infertility win! I'm hoping things will take a positive turn now that we've addressed the hydrosalpinx and are throwing everything at our last FET.

I pray that you all have success with Dr. Hannam! smile.png

Me: 36, hypothyroidism, stage 4+ deep infiltrating endometriosis, low ovarian reserve

IVF#1: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 4 fertilized with PICSI, 4 PGS tested, 3 genetically perfect grade 5AA (6-day), 4AA (5-day), and 3AA (5-day) embryos.

FET #1: BFN (transferred 4AA (5-day))

Prep for FET#2 - 2 months of Lupron

FET #2:  BFN (transferred 3AA (5-day))

IVF #2.1: flare protocol with natural start (CANCELLED)

IVF #2.2: short antagonist protocol with natural start & dexamethasone - 8 eggs retrieved. 2 fertilized, both arrested by Day 5 due to poor sperm quality

IVF#3: short antagonist protocol with natural start & dexamethasone with PESA and Assisted Oocyte Activation - 5 eggs retrieved, total fertilization failure due to poor sperm quality

Spring 2018: Surgery to removed Fallopian tubes, which were severely diseased, and cleaned up endometriosis

June/July 2018: Mock cycle with ERA test = pre-receptive, need 7 days of progesterone (test was worth every penny!)

November 2018: DH and I decided to part ways

I will sadly never know if the  "everything and the kitchen sink" approach would have worked:

• Estradot patches, prometrium and PIO
  • Immune protocol which includes Intralipid Infusions, Claritin, Pepcid, Prednisone 
  • Fragmin

My dream of ever having a family is on hold. :(

#6 Graceland

Graceland
  • Global 100+
  • 599 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Hannam (now)

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

We left our Ottawa-based fertility clinic and switched to the Hannam Fertility Centre. We welcomed our twin girls this past December after 7 years of trying to conceive. We owe it all to Dr. Hannam and his amazing staff. I can't say enough wonderful things about him.

Twin girls born December 2017 after 7 years of TTC

See 'About Me' for full details