First IVF failed...encouragement and advice - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

First IVF failed...encouragement and advice

Failed IVF low hcg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Carolinadreaming

Carolinadreaming
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

Hi all, I have been following various posts from afar to help with my first round of IVF, but now have decided to post after I found out yesterday that it was no longer a viable pg. I had a fresh 3dt of 2 embryos (7&8) with none left to freeze. I started with a low hcg level of 12.7 11dpt then went up to 39 14dpt and topped out at 113 17dpt. I was hopeful after it went up so well and then yesterday got devastating news it went down to 20.8. Does this mean I mc'd, ectopic, or what? We also have already decided we want to try again as this is helping us heal. Just looking for support and answers to what everyone thinks happened. Thanks to all!

#2 hbbg

hbbg
  • 1000+
  • 1267 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Markham (current) Hannam (previous)

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Hello, Im really sorry to hear it didnt work out. Im not sure if its classified as a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage but either way it sucks. Sending you love! Do you have a follow up appointment with your dr? There you would ask questions about what can they do differently etc. Sometimes a change in protocol, supplements etc can help.
******* Holly *******

#3 Carolinadreaming

Carolinadreaming
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

Hi Holly, thank you for the kind words and reply. I did call today and have a consult with my RE FOR 4/30. They want me to go in for blood work tom to make sure my hcg levels are negative.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Failed IVF, low hcg